It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SO MUCH FOR DOOMSDAY: Comet Elenin breaking apart...

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'd like to think we have some spaceship up there which blasted it. Maybe a ship that can disintegrate comets with a certain frequency or maybe it's that laser weapon we've been hearing about? Maybe a nuke? Either way, we just made more debris to hit the earth or we did a good job in getting rid of it!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Comet Linear doesn't have a wiki, and I don't really have time to research to see what you've said is true or false. But let me ask you another question, why is there such a sharp change in its brightness, in just 10 days? If your logic is that it's getting close to the Sun, then shouldn't that mean that in 10 days, we should no longer be able to see it, with anything? In addition, shouldn't this mean that it should have been considerably brighter in the 10 days, before August 19th?

Sorry, but the pictures don't really make sense, as there should be a gradual change in its brightness.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exopolitico
Could this be why Comet Elenin is disintegrating?

Bear in mind this was recorded on August 10, 2011

are you serious about this video as an answer?
I hope not

if this is a guest that veritas respects,. he lost the last bit of credibity.
edit on 30-8-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Here is the thing

if time is speeding up, or slowing down, how would you know?

Simple - you wouldn't. Not because it's impossible to know, just because you're experiencing through your conditioned mind at the moment. If you are able to go beyond it (yes, it is absolutely possible) - you could know.

If you are within the system, then your perception of time is also the same as everything else, so this sentence may have taken an outside objective 4 billion years to write, or a picosecond (using the old timescale we were accustom to)

In fact it takes no time. And it does't really matter outside the referring curvature. Time serves your perceptions (the entities in the reffering spacetime) and the speeding up serves the evolutionary process. In fact the speeding up has nothing to do with time itself (as it is only perceived by the affected entities and thus stays unchanged) but actually with the amount of imformation reaching/going through the planet.

Now, how far does this go? Since the stars all seem to be relatively in the right positions, then the entire universe must be speeding up..else every few seconds we would see stars being born/dying, or alternatively, it would be not moving at all beyond the earths rotation around the sun, which would alarm astronomers the world over (and screw up those neat astronomy map apps)...

So...what your suggesting is totally impossible to verify considering you would need to be outside the observable universe to see the change in time from within...and since your not...then...erm...ok, thats enough, you get it I am sure

No, not at all. The current spacetime curvature if valid only for the Earth. Outside of it is a whole different picture. The same goes for the solar system, the galaxy and so on. This is also why we have no real idea what is going on in the Cosmos. The sky we are seeing is only a memory of the distant past (also according to our perception of time) because the light travels many years till it reaches our perception. We can only have a vague idea of what is going on only in the closest range of the planet. We simply don't have the technology (assuming the publicly known is the only one we have, anyway we don't get data from any other) to make real assumptions. So I don't know why people are taking scientific data as concrete having in mind that scientists are only speculating. Objects may appear and dissapear in space whenever they want, it not necessarily has to be detected by our scientists beforehand. Not to mention all the black holes that are surrounding us, which is a subject of total ignorance for scientists.

So in other words - you don't know a sh*t of what's going on beyond Earth (on it also, but that's another story
).

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElevenFlint

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Here is the thing

if time is speeding up, or slowing down, how would you know?

Simple - you wouldn't. Not because it's impossible to know, just because you're experiencing through your conditioned mind at the moment. If you are able to go beyond it (yes, it is absolutely possible) - you could know.

If you are within the system, then your perception of time is also the same as everything else, so this sentence may have taken an outside objective 4 billion years to write, or a picosecond (using the old timescale we were accustom to)

In fact it takes no time. And it does't really matter outside the referring curvature. Time serves your perceptions (the entities in the reffering spacetime) and the speeding up serves the evolutionary process. In fact the speeding up has nothing to do with time itself (as it is only perceived by the affected entities and thus stays unchanged) but actually with the amount of imformation reaching/going through the planet.

Now, how far does this go? Since the stars all seem to be relatively in the right positions, then the entire universe must be speeding up..else every few seconds we would see stars being born/dying, or alternatively, it would be not moving at all beyond the earths rotation around the sun, which would alarm astronomers the world over (and screw up those neat astronomy map apps)...

So...what your suggesting is totally impossible to verify considering you would need to be outside the observable universe to see the change in time from within...and since your not...then...erm...ok, thats enough, you get it I am sure

No, not at all. The current spacetime curvature if valid only for the Earth. Outside of it is a whole different picture. The same goes for the solar system, the galaxy and so on. This is also why we have no real idea what is going on in the Cosmos. The sky we are seeing is only a memory of the distant past (also according to our perception of time) because the light travels many years till it reaches our perception. We can only have a vague idea of what is going on only in the closest range of the planet. We simply don't have the technology (assuming the publicly known is the only one we have, anyway we don't get data from any other) to make real assumptions. So I don't know why people are taking scientific data as concrete having in mind that scientists are only speculating. Objects may appear and dissapear in space whenever they want, it not necessarily has to be detected by our scientists beforehand. Not to mention all the black holes that are surrounding us, which is a subject of total ignorance for scientists.

So in other words - you don't know a sh*t of what's going on beyond Earth (on it also, but that's another story
).

well now, would ya just stand back and getcha a good gander at that. somebody around here who actually understands the nature of time. i am impressed. i'd give you a star for that shyt if i knew how to!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Also, if NASA/Google sky say that it is only a comet, why blank it out on Google Sky, why hide it if it's no threat. Maybe because it's getting closer, the eyes in the sky can see that it is not just one big comet, but has a lot of tag along friends. Anyway, whatever we can't do anything about it, so we'll see how it pans out soon.
You all have a good day now.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Take a look at this site and see what you think about spaceweather.com

www.godlikeproductions.com...

Also, take a look at the spaceweather.com site, on the upper right corner, and you can see that they are indeed working with NASA.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by np6888

GLP?? Seriously?

It's a commet ladies and gents.

These things happen.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
ok, perhaps elenin is finished.....perhaps. Weve all had our eyes and ears pointed at her for a long while now. Late night online debates/arguments. Endless supplies of web content for and against doomsday. I dont know anything about astronomy whatsoever, but what i do know is that the world is falling apart. All of our governments have thrown caution to the wind and are spending like there is no tomorrow. Maybe, just maybe they do. And perhaps like the magician moving his hand flambouyantly to keep your attention to it, only to reveal the coin in the opposing hand, we shouldnt have been so entranced with this slight of hand. I propose that someone with the equipment and know how look into space in Exactly the opposite direction as elenins approach. I fear what may be discovered. I truly FEEL something screwy is goin on(and no it isnt me)
It amazes me that gut feeling or instinct are so frowned upon. If it were not for them we would not be here. These are our primary gifts. Fear is their energizing force. This force is used against us to invoke an instinctive response which has been carefully calculated to achieve a desired end result. I for one believe that fear, paranoia, and instinct are our weapons to be used in the battle for our survival.
Anyways(i dont know if that rant made any sense, as i am poisoned by my govt everyday and am now half retarded) please, please someone look the otherway and make sure we havent been bamboozled!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by douggie60
Also, if NASA/Google sky say that it is only a comet, why blank it out on Google Sky, why hide it if it's no threat...

First of all, is Elenin blanked out on Google sky?

I mean, Google sky isn't a "telescope" that shows constantly update views of the sky. The pictures in Google sky could be (and usually are) several years old. Elenin was just discovered last year, and unless picture of that part of Google sky containing Elenin has been recently updated by Google, then you're not going to see it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

No need to look at that if you don't want. Just take a look at the spaceweather.com site. Look at the science@nasa link and see where they get their "news"

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2

Really interesting! I myself wondered if the comet would reduce in size as it approached the sun. Space is a far more dangerous area for projectiles because of the enormous amounts of cosmic radiation they are subjected to and not protected from by an atmosphere. Of course, the level of exposure increases as it nears the Sun, as well.

I look forward to future developments on this topic.. and what people will conspire the reason for it to be breaking apart, if they believe it is. Maybe it's the Navy Space Command out there hacking it with picks.. or another government conspiracy/misinformation.

People need to realize that literally everything can be explained as a government conspiracy.. and should always seek to find information themselves from credible, reputable resources (that haven't been paid off and a part of a disinformation scheme.)

This makes it nearly impossible to convince a conspiracy theorists that things are not always conspiracies. Though, there certainly are some conspiracies that are true and hidden amongst all the crap.
This is the true problem.
edit on 30-8-2011 by ErgoSphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
hmmm...so know im thinking it wasnt a comet but a ship? could it be a ship? if so we will find out soon i guess =]

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hmmm...sounds like some serious Galactic Space Wars goings on....where is the Galactic Federation...when you need them!

That is why I keep the Integrity!
edit on 30-8-2011 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashtonkusher
hmmm...so know im thinking it wasnt a comet but a ship? could it be a ship? if so we will find out soon i guess =]

hmmmm...so many hmmms..intriguing!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
go figure,after all the hype, and millions made by the con artists.and endless hours of discussions on conspiracy forums, its just simply gonna orbit the sun, loose a little mass,and return to the oort cloud.but hey all the doomsdayers dont give up hope.there most probally is a rock with our name on it, and then we will simply, die-no zombies,no survival,just nothing.hmmmmm

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by bjsmi2
SO MUCH FOR DOOMSDAY: Comet Elenin (C/2010 X1), widely known for inaccurate reports of its threat to Earth, appears to be breaking apart.

spaceweather.com...

That's just different stages of the Annunaki spaceship separating... Or the scout ships disengaging from the Mothership....

roflmbo

Keep reaching for the sky.

Originally posted by DAVID64
Just wait. The ones who really believed it to be a threat will find SOME reason to explain this that will turn out to be an even bigger threat.

It was a missile launched from the planet Nibiru. Aliens were testing the distance of their defenses, so they can prepare for a full scale invasion of Earth.

They just tested a photon torpedo.

edit on 8/30/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I sure hope the crew had escape pods.
Never underestimate being heated up and flung by the sun.

I mean, Look At Shoemaker-Levy9
It was merely flung around by Jupiter, and even THAT crew had no chance...All the escape pods into the Gaseous Jovian atmosphere.

We see these things every year...What made this one so wacky? Why was this comet so special?
And now it broke...Like they do so often....Situation is normal now, yes?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Oh son of a bitch! I thought I was in the clear by blowing my lasts months mortgage payment on cheap booze and expensive women...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Don't you think its a bit rude to call well intentioned people "rude?"

You really think flexy123, illustronic, shamatt, annella, fluffyflufff and nenothtu are well intentioned?

You know it's funny, people like the above like to complain about all the "garbage" on ATS but at the same time don't have any trouble contributing their own...

PS - I starred and flagged the RF signal and tetrahedral spaceship threads just to piss yall off
edit on 30-8-2011 by infiniteobserver because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join