It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hope there is a Life after his one.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny white

Believing in God might be foolish, but believing in a Creator is kind of different, you are part of this Creation and you can never escape that you are a part of Creation. To say F God would also seem foolish, and would almost equal you saying F Yourself.
Upon approaching the the Godhead all things disappear, there is no good or bad, no male, female, only the One, from your human mind you could never comprehend, only attempt to..

The Truth of the Creator is upon you, embrace that which is, be happy and be the best possible you, that you can be, become a light in the darkness for those who are still lost in this place.

edit on 29-8-2011 by googolplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by applebaum

Well, this is really a question that nobody knows the answer to. There are a few schools of thought traditionally ran into when it comes to life after death, by the way; I had similar thoughts as you are now a short while ago yet I overcame them, I'll get to why later.

The most blatant answer is no. That there is no life or continuation of consciousness after we die, our self awareness is tethered to our biological processes and when that ends so too does our awareness. Pretty grim, hey? Yet it's popular, because a lot of alternative beliefs have nothing behind them more than "Wouldn't it be nice if..."

The second is that God created the Earth and humans, all that jazz, that we will be judged, sent to heaven or hell respetively ( a paradoxical concept ) and experience eternal life. Well this is pretty unlikely, and I don't really have to explain why to most rational individuals =)

The other is the pseudo-scientific justification that because our mind is energy, and energy cannot be destroyed we therefore MUST live on after our deaths. This is complete rubbish however (In, with all due respect, a purely scientific outlook.) because although the energy may not be destroyed it would still not be your awarenss in whatever form it takes. Aside from this problem, your mind is NOT purely energy, some of it IS your brain. For example, our perceptual delusion of "Time" is a product of our brain's memory, our sight, smell, emotions, et cetera.

Eventually I arrived at a very non-distinct point of reasoning, and it is as follows: Religious doctrines of a classical sense are likely to be very unreliable on this topic, they carry no real convincing weight, not even in the form of assumptions. (Again, this according the logic of my own perception. No offence intended to anyone.) So life eternal is very unlikely. Particularly because SOME of our self awareness IS purely our brain, memory, perception of time, sight, senses and the like -must- be lost upon death.

In the other spectrum, NO self awareness after death is unlikely to me for the following reasons; our self awarenss very much betrays conventional scientific belief. For something like this to have evolved so frightfully quickly in nature it tears our understanding of life and evolution apart. We can explain all of our biological senses, but we cannot explain self awareness. The knowing you are inside your own person. We already know that some things work on a totally different plane of existence and laws of physics, (Within quantum physics) and more recently scientists are beginning to ACCEPT that materialism is not concrete. Most of what we percieve in fact is not concrete. Our self awareness requires something more than our brains possess and that SUGGESTS something more that can give our self awareness that is NOT part of our brain. Sure, when we die our biological brain WILL die, you will lose sensation of memory, and your senses, perhaps even emotion; but you will retain SOME sense of self awareness or consciousness as the apparatus whatever it may be that provides you with it remains UNCHANGED by your physical death. It is not life after death as we may ever comprehend it. There would be no delusion of time, no senses, it could hardly even be -referred- to as life, but this is what I believe the experience will be similar to.

Time is a delusion formed by our perception of memory. There is only now, in which objects and energy shift position and interaction. The time you are alive and are dead are the same time, in all true senses you are eternally alive already. Accept death, as it is the most ceratin thing in life. Think for yourself, and most importantly conisder the information then look WITHIN for the best answer for you. Self awareness after death, even if it may not be as we imagine it, is a LOGICAL assumption. It defies neuroscience!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by applebaum
I am an atheist. However, I sincerely hope that life goes on after this one and that we have a purpose for existing. Various family problems and some hard life complications in my youth, cause me to long for a chance to do it all over again. I long to meet those that have passed, heal issues and reach new heights together.

Do you believe in life after death? Can you tell me why? I know you can't give me empirical proof but I would love to read your experiences. I guess I am a little down tonight and wish there was more to life than just the here and now.

Currently, the here and now is not a happy place for me.

Do you want just one more life? What if the next one is no good either? What if you were given 2 more lives and the second one was really good, would you then want more lives based on the fact that the second one was really good? Would you be like, "Hey that second one (actually being the third one) was really good, I'd like to have some more of the second one (still the third)"?

Peace

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
...the legendary mark knopfler wrote - everybody's lookin for somebody's arms to fall into - thats what it is... its just my impression but i think that could be what applebaum was looking for - a soft place to fall... we all need that from time to time...

...sadly, theres so much snarky preaching and so little compassion and understanding on this thread that it reminds me of the notorious cherry bombs' song its hard to kiss the lips at night that chew your ass out all day long...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
Your an atheist and want a life after this one?

Who would provide that?

Think hard.

Yes. Think hard.

Thinking configures residual information and launches as a trajectory of information/activity (an existential hybrid). Information never dissipates and it never degrades. In fact, it's eternal. The human brain creates this "Intellect" and as dynamic information (dynamic, due to what its fundamental purpose is - which is to manage the corporeal matrix and implement the DNA survival directives) this Intellect ends up existing even after the DNA directives have been implemented. This gathered Intellect (in bursts of configured data created by the brain itself) is what you kids call the human spirit, and no one provides it eternal life. It simply exists as all information does - forever.

No need for Jesus, or God, or Allah, or whoever is the theological flavor of the moment. Human beings are eternal informational beings. The body and brain simply create the human being before falling apart and releasing it into the wilds of the informational realm.

That's the way it is concerning life after death, and it can all be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Do you believe in life after death? Can you tell me why?

I believe when you die you are gone.

You then exist only in the memory of others.

In order to return, you would have to be remembered by Someone who showed enough interest to know everything about you, and also has the power to re-create you.

Live your life so that you are missed when you're gone.

Applebaum.....

Someone loves you very much.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1

Do you believe in life after death? Can you tell me why?

I believe when you die you are gone.

You then exist only in the memory of others.

In order to return, you would have to be remembered by Someone who showed enough interest to know everything about you, and also has the power to re-create you.

Live your life so that you are missed when you're gone.

Applebaum.....

Someone loves you very much.

"Their memories live on..."
Exactly!!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence

Have you ever asked yourself why you would even want a life hereafter if in fact no life hereafter exists?

This is how I feel about a lot of the 'supernatural' subject matter, why would people so desperately want a purpose in life if we didn't have one? It just doesn't make sense to me. Therefore, there must be some purpose, not that I know exactly what that is.. Hopefully it will make itself known to me here soon, I'm getting impatient

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
From my experiences, I truly believe there is life before, and after, our current ones. I've never been a person who believes in reincarnation, but as a hypnotist, I've come across too many people (typically children) under hypnosis who have dead-on recurrences and regressions about their past lives. After hearing it first hand, it's incredibly difficult for me not to believe.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I have no theory of my own on an afterlife nor do I believe in any other theory.
But, thinking of life as finite is important. I think people would lose their drive, their passions, any fire inside of them if they knew that they had forever to accomplish what they wanted. Death is necessary, it is our driving force. I live every day believing that nothing exists after I die, but hoping that something does.

Life is too short, and I think it's a beautiful tragedy that it is. It makes me get up in the morning and accomplish and create. Death makes me want to travel the world, to see and experience everything I can. Death makes me understand the beauty of living and to not take anything for granted. Death forces me to understand the moment, the "now", to seize the oppurtunities that arise, to live it all to the fullest. Without death, life wouldn't quite feel like living.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
It is certainly possible to be an atheist and believe in the afterlife. I guess it all comes down to what make us 'us'. If we are just the sum of our known biological components, then you rot you die. Game over.

But there are many other non-theist explanations that could explain an afterlife, albeit they require a little faith:

-There is an energy that creates our consciousness that can neither be created or destroyed. When your body dies, this energy will be put to use somewhere else. Kind of like a Law of Conservation of Matter, for the Soul, if such an energy was ever discovered. You would just keep on living, being blissfully unaware.
-We are more than 3 dimensional beings, or living in a more than 3 dimensional world. Part of us exists in the higher dimensions, that are not visible to our senses. When we die, this part of us will live on.
-Perhaps we are all part of a universal life force, all connected together. When you die, you just return to the life flow. Probably semi-related to higher dimensions.

I'm sure there's others, but I don't think religion has a monopoly on life after death. Especially since so much is unknown about life and the universe, who knows where the truth lies.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
well bud guess what. You dont know till the ride is over, and if the ride is over who knows maybe you just get injected into another realm of existence forced to live through more trials like the one here and if thats the case well arent you gonna be happy? LULZ I wouldnt be to happy but hey that beats eternal darkness dont it. Besides if you do go to another life after this one you probably arent going to be able to contact anyone here unless you become like universally evolved and can travel through time and space and w/e is between that lol.

P.S. for those who do die and can come back in another form, bring me a Dr. Pepper from the other universe im very curious to try it.
edit on 30-8-2011 by Daygone23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I don't believe in God in the traditional sense. However, I do believe in something bigger than myself. I believe that Love is "God" and loving others and everything is all that really matters. Everything else, our achievements and material wealth, is totally irrelevant. Whether people realize it or not, love is what we seek and need to sustain us. Although love is too immense and profound to be fully known in one lifetime, without love we are nothing. To love everyone as ourselves, we must love ourselves else our love for others is false. It is impossible to be really happy if we only have love for ourselves. Until we give attention to others, we will not be able to grow spiritually. Our choice is between the spirit of "God" (self-love, love for others) and the spirit of self (selfishness, love only for self). By conquering self, we can change and grow easily, and know ourselves to be ourselves, yet be one with the Whole. When we do unto others, the same will be done unto us.

Love, not religious dogma, creates spiritual growth. What is important is what comes from the heart, not the words that leave our lips. Love in action is what lasts. The more we live in love, the closer we are to "God". The way to heaven is through the practice of love. Love is the law of the universe and holds the universe together. I believe that the Golden Rule is the governing principle in the spirit world and our state in the spirit realm is determined by our level of spiritual maturity. I think we gain this through hardships that challenge us and help us grow and stay compassionate. Before we can really feel joy, we must know sorrow. This world is the tough course that helps create within us the tough love of "God". Life is a cycle of improvements that ultimately leads to perfection.

Is that idealistic of me? Maybe but, I'm not running on anything science can definitively prove one way or another. It's what I feel in my heart and deep down in my soul. Honestly, it took me a lot of soul searching to even reach this point in my spiritual journey. I've been through a lot in my less than 30 years. I just have to believe that there is a point to all the pain in this world. When you think about it, even darkness serves its purpose. How can we truly embrace the light without knowing what darkness is?

It will get better. You just have to have the patience to wait for the mud to settle and the water to clear.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by applebaum
Various family problems and some hard life complications in my youth, cause me to long for a chance to do it all over again. I long to meet those that have passed, heal issues and reach new heights together.

Just out of interest, if there is another life after this one, what makes you think that this current life is your first? You could have lived numerous times before and not remember any of it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nihonjindesu08

Originally posted by followtheevidence

Have you ever asked yourself why you would even want a life hereafter if in fact no life hereafter exists?

This is how I feel about a lot of the 'supernatural' subject matter, why would people so desperately want a purpose in life if we didn't have one? It just doesn't make sense to me. Therefore, there must be some purpose, not that I know exactly what that is.. Hopefully it will make itself known to me here soon, I'm getting impatient

Find the constitution to settle for truth and nothing less. Once you do this, you have but to ask and it will be revealed. Keep asking. Keep knocking.

"If a thousand old beliefs were buried in our march to truth we must still march on." ~ Stopford Brooke
edit on 30-8-2011 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by RossADillon
From my experiences, I truly believe there is life before, and after, our current ones. I've never been a person who believes in reincarnation, but as a hypnotist, I've come across too many people (typically children) under hypnosis who have dead-on recurrences and regressions about their past lives. After hearing it first hand, it's incredibly difficult for me not to believe.

I've always considered this aspect of children to be extremely significant. I. myself, experienced young childhood as having grown up in a house that sat about (maybe) 3 miles in from and elevated above a large harbor (coastal, and due to the sun dancing off the morning water, I have to assume that it was the Atlantic coast of the US). If it was sunny, I would watch the large ships - far in the distance - slowly coming and going, as the tiny sparkles of sunlight danced on the choppy surface of the water. I could hear the tugboats, and just assumed that everyone could see it, and that it was nothing to really make note of.

Of course, I didn't grow up in a coastal village. At that specific time in my life, we lived in Little Falls, NY, and the tug boats I was hearing were operating on the Erie Canal that cuts through that little city. We did live on a "hill" overlooking that canal, but it was more like the fairly steep edge of a valley that gets pretty narrow around the canal at that point. Little Falls was the "home of the tallest lift-lock in the US" at the time, and the tug boats worked all day moving barges in and out of that lock. I'd always assumed that I was actually watching the activity on that canal and projecting my own version of what it looked like - childhood perception distortions and all that.

In 1996, I took a new girlfriend up to that house (the "this is my life" tour), and it was then that I realized that the view from that yard, regardless of where you stood, was the steep valley wall on the other side, and that there was never any way of being able to see water, or boars, or the morning sun dancing on any waves, since the position of the yard, relative to the canal that wasn't even a 1/4 mile away and tucked behind a 100+ yr old factory building, was positioned to the immediate south of the house I was living in at the time. I'd obviously imagined that harbor, and those ships and that sun-sparkling water.

And here's the interesting part. We left that house in 1961, when I was 5 yrs old. We didn't get our first ever TV set until the following year (1962), and due to the fact that we were pretty poor (Irish and baby-prone, I suppose) there was no such thing as movie night for the household. And yet, I do distinctly remember seeing sunlight sparkling off the choppy waters of that imaginary harbor, and to this day I have no idea how I could've known what sunlight dancing on water looks like. No TV, and isolated in a tiny locked-in town in Upstate NY, and less that 5 yrs old, and watching ships in a harbor that never could've been configured by any version of necessary experience.

I would normally attribute that impossible knowledge to reincarnation, except that what I experienced is more akin to what people who exhibit the same sort of impossible knowledge due to multiple identity disorder experience - or rather, what those who deal with them experience, since they don't consciously experience it at all. What I've learned is that this anomaly is actually the result of what some spiritualists call "spirit guides". Not that these interlopers are actually spirit guides at all.

What they are, are passed human beings, and most of us have a "posse" of such people associated with us, and they've been there since the day we were born. It's complicated (as far as the reason for why they hang around) but to them, it feels like familial love and concern. When most of us finally die, these will be the "greeters" that will assist us in the "crossing over" event. They'll probably appear to us as familiar people (or maybe even pets or angels, depending on what would be most comforting), but eventually, they'll introduce themselves and explain how it is that they were there for our entire lives. As I said, the impetus behind this - while pretty consistent, from relationship to relationship - is very complicated, and it takes quite a bit to establish the informational basis for why this is such a common situation.

So....since when have our posts been character limited? More on this in a follow-up post, then.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Imagine that. So, as I was saying....

What can happen with very small children, is that memories (even the extremely short span memories that we actually experience as a perception of "now") can be affected by the memories of these individuals. This is due to the malleable nature of the undeveloped human brain that children possess. Their own "generated" Intellect hasn't become robust enough to feed much of anything into the sensory data stream, and if one or more of that child's "posse" has assertion issues (which does happen with people - here and in the post-corporeal realm, as we all know) the thoughts and/or memories can slip into the tot's short term memory stream. Of course, the child hasn't developed an actual personality (data input vetting process) yet, so it all gets tossed in, and what results is impossible memories and impossible knowledge (from the traditional standpoint of what does and doesn't exist, of course).

You can call it reincarnation if it makes you feel better, but this is what's actually occurring. The impetus that drives these passed people to the crib of a newborn child is the same impetus that drives each of us to seek love and acceptance. We call it a need for love, but the actual survival imperative suite is a bit more complicated than that. Suffice to say that none of these folks really understands why the only place they want to be is right where they are, but it's pretty much the same sort of thing that keeps people "trapped" in all kinds of relationships - good or horrific. In their case, the visceral attraction is the activity of the little brain itself, as it launches bursts of dynamic information in response to the simple business of corporeal survival. Easy to understand once you've taken the time to establish the information foundations themselves.

Yes, it's all new and extremely counterintuitive, but I've decided to toss more and more of these tidbits up here for anyone who actually wants to learn. Run my posts, and you can learn a lot about what I've discovered about reality. They'll be posted in scatters of relevant responses to specifics.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Hey dude

I can't make any promises.
It sucks that your childhood wasn't perfect but hey I guess no one has a perfect life.

We should live every day to the fullest and enjoy life... as we might never get to experience it again.

I would like to point you to a website that I found interesting... you could say that it provides a glimpse into what we can expect when we die.

www.near-death.com...

There are so many interesting stories on this website and testimonials.

It also does not necessarily have to be seen religious... it's almost as if we are sleeping (dreaming in another dimension) right now and when we die we "wake up in our real dimension" and everything makes sense again.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Your thread reminds me about a thread I started some time ago. Because there are so many things I still want to do but is practically impossible because of our limited stay in this physical body we have.

So I wondered...is it possible to continue to study what ever you find interesting in the next world. With other words...what is there to do when you're dead.

Maybe you will find it interesting to read what other people had to say about this question. There are some dead people I admire and would love to meet and talk to. Are celebs still celebs in the next world..how does it work overthere anyways? I could find out ofcourse...but that one-way ticket is a little too determent.

Here is the thread I started...:There are 90 replies of which some really interesting.

S&F for you my friend....

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Be carefull what you wish for..

There is life after life after life of this bull#, I pray for death, peace

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join