It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hope there is a Life after his one.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I am an atheist. However, I sincerely hope that life goes on after this one and that we have a purpose for existing. Various family problems and some hard life complications in my youth, cause me to long for a chance to do it all over again. I long to meet those that have passed, heal issues and reach new heights together.

Do you believe in life after death? Can you tell me why? I know you can't give me empirical proof but I would love to read your experiences. I guess I am a little down tonight and wish there was more to life than just the here and now.

Currently, the here and now is not a happy place for me.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
There will be a life after this one. When we die, we just go to sleep. It isn't until Jesus returns that we will be resurrected. Just imagine, to live in eternal happiness. No sorrow, boredom, jealousy, trials, anger, hopelessness, or any other negative thing that we experience in this life. Here is a link that gives a little insight into what we can expect when we go to Heaven:

www.remnantofgod.org...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Technically the human mind is all energy and it has been proven that energy cannot be destroyed. Is there intelligence in this energy form known to some as our spirit or soul, I suppose we will have to wait and see.

I hope things get better for you my friend.
"Be a light unto yourself"

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by applebaum
I am an atheist. However, I sincerely hope that life goes on after this one and that we have a purpose for existing. Various family problems and some hard life complications in my youth, cause me to long for a chance to do it all over again. I long to meet those that have passed, heal issues and reach new heights together.

Do you believe in life after death? Can you tell me why? I know you can't give me empirical proof but I would love to read your experiences. I guess I am a little down tonight and wish there was more to life than just the here and now.

Currently, the here and now is not a happy place for me.

You are exactly where you need to be right now.

I want to encourage you with this verse from the bible:

AC 17:24 "The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. `For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, `We are his offspring.'

I hope things improve in your life and for your loved ones.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by PocketSand666

YEEEAHHHHHHHHH, Guns N' Roses are the best.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Well I agree with you that I hope there is more than just this life, but I don't think so.

"Blood and muscle and bone, when these are lost, each human being confronts his own death. And what lies beyond? Heaven, Hell, Reincarnation? These are fantasies which cannot possibly exist, they are mere excuses. Tell me, why do you think people believe in God? Because they want to. It's not easy living in such an ugly, corrupt world. There is no certainty and nothing to hope for. People are lost, so they reach out. Don't you get it? God didn't create humans, no, it's humans who created God."

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Hi OP thanks for asking such an open minded question for an atheist. I was an atheist, studied science in school at a university level. Much of my life i mocked people with faith, and tried to convince them how ignorant and foolish they where. I used to detest people who had kids and called them breeders.

Even though i was a devote atheist and believer in science and a rational explanation to every question, i was still fascinated by ghosts, ufo's, life after death, religion, and the history there of. It was as if there was a gapping hole in my life.

One day I decided to read the bible, just so i could say i had read it from start to end. I went out and got a New International Version which is basically the Politically Correct version of the bible edited to make it more comfortable to liberal type minds.

The things that Jesus said, really blew my mind. He was a truther 2000 years ago. He argued with the hypocrisy in the government system of the day as well as the church (which was kind of the same thing in his time), he said and did the most amazing things that are still quoted today by people who have no idea of their origin such as 'the truth will set you free', and he and his disciples set an example for how to live to everybody.

I used to go about saying stuff like 'religion causes wars' and 'why does god let bad things happen to good people', and 'why does the church protect pedophiles'. I know today, this is not true, its people who do these things and God has given us free will too put us to the test.

After I read the entire bible, cover to cover, and put it in context of the times, i asked. Where is this Mary character, she's not divine at all. And why is just about everything Jesus predicted in the bible actually coming about. From the state of Israel being reformed to the move toward government and persecution for following what Jesus taught its all happening, go read the entire NT (id read the King James version definately not NIV)

Anyway, aside from those things, when you have a baby, holding him or her in your arms, and you look at them, you just know, when you seriously ask yourself, 'This creature is just too incredible to not be of intelligent design, and not just intelligent, divine.' The love you feel for your own young is incredible, and this is the love God has for you whether you believe in him or not.

You are an amazing being and you life is incredible, you have already won an enormous battle to just be born healthy. You where the best of the best in that contest go ahead and be the best you can be. Nobody can tell you what to think, dont let your peers or the fear of persecution stop you from finding out about Jesus.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Well, let me put it this way; IF there is live after death then youre gonna have to work hard in this life, and live it to the full, in order to get to the next. I dont think there's any free pass. Im not religeous, I am Spiritual. I dont believe in Christianity, but I believe in a higher being.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
As someone mentioned earlier, energy cannot be destroyed, it is merely transferred. If energy has memory, it is not sure. Energy can transform into practically anything, so it would make sense that it has some type of memory, just not one as we know it. Irregardless, you are energy and at it can't be proven that there isn't some type of universal experience field, that all of our experiences and thoughts and emotions contribute to.

As I said, there are no clear answers at the moment. People try to find them spiritually and scientifically, yet we are not advanced enough in either term to be definite.

So, what can you do? Improve your life, improve your thinking, improve your physical form, improve the world around you. Learn to cope, in which ever way you need to - just make sure it is constructive and not a destructive method of coping.

To you, as someone struggling, from some who has and is, I would suggest downloading some Eckhart Tolle audiobooks or going on youtube, and watching him speak for a while. Whatever your opinion of him, learning to live in the moment and see the beauty around is important, even if it "for a few seconds at a time"

Good luck man

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by applebaum

Have you ever asked yourself why you would even want a life hereafter if in fact no life hereafter exists?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I've found myself thinking and hoping about the same thing. However, these ideas on energy transferral really do give me some piece of mind. I really don't know why, but I am absolutely terrified at the thought of death. If I were to die, I'd want it to be quick and painless. I wouldn't really want to know it was happening...

However, the thought of something being there after death is surely something I believe in. I'm going through hardships as well, hopefully it gets better for both of us.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
Well, let me put it this way; IF there is live after death then youre gonna have to work hard in this life, and live it to the full, in order to get to the next. I dont think there's any free pass. Im not religeous, I am Spiritual. I dont believe in Christianity, but I believe in a higher being.

You have contradicted yourself in everything you just said.

To be religious is to be spiritual ------- Contradiction
TO believe in christianity is to believe in a higher being ----------- Contradiction! why you say because God is a higher being!

God tells you what to do if you want to go to the next life!

Also What do you mean by live life to the fullest get a new car and earn a stupendous amount of money????

No that is greedy and materialistic. Which is satanic and you dont even know it!

Help others, treat everyone as you would want to be treated and love one another!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TeroK

Well said friend.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Of course there is. Power is imminent. You chose to come onto this earth and live your life as you pleased. There is always a source energy that you are connected to. When you feel sad or depressed, it's because you've lost contact with your source energy.

Read up on it. It is outstanding.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Reply to post by ShadowZion

i dont think youre getting what im saying. you can belief in a higher being without believing in christianity, im doing it right now. I dont believe in the beliefs of christian much the same as you probablx dont believe in hinduism. By living life to the fullest i meant, essentially, just being a good person. Dont be evil. Lol, not new cars and such.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

i Gave you a star because i think that i may have overlooked what you were saying and went on a rampage with words.

My apologies.

However i can tell you that hinduism and christianity cannot be compared.

For 1 reason and 1 reason only, hinduism is not backed up by any other religion other than itself.

Where as Christianity is backed up by islam almost 99.9 % (the one percent being that they dont believe that prophet Isa (eeysa)/ Jesus Christ was the manifestation of God in human form) and in some cases the Jewish Bible.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

i believe that reality is fractal. Meaning that an atom is what our universe looks like from the outside.

Maybe youll find comfort in that... maybe not.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Death is a myth:
youtu.be...

Namaste.
edit on 29-8-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
Reply to post by ShadowZion

i dont think youre getting what im saying. you can belief in a higher being without believing in christianity, im doing it right now. I dont believe in the beliefs of christian much the same as you probablx dont believe in hinduism. By living life to the fullest i meant, essentially, just being a good person. Dont be evil. Lol, not new cars and such.

This is what a lot of people believe, if they live a good life and don't be evil, then everything will work out. The problem with that of course is, that nobody thinks they are evil. Nobody in this mindset thinks they are a bad person.

Are you a lier, a cheat, a thief?
Do you tell white lies, do you exaggerate, do you copy music? Have you ever cheated on anybody? Have you refused to commit to something because something better might come along.

Questions and Answers a lot of people do not like and will not ask themselves. We all answer yes to just about every one of them, we hate that we've done these things and are ashamed but Jesus died for me even though i don't deserve it, but i thank him for it. He is our advocate if we choose to accept him.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join