It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hope there is a Life after his one.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Gravity215

Jesus does it every time.

GO JESUS.

Only Jesus speaks the truth - trust in Him, OP.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowZion
reply to post by Monkeygod333

i Gave you a star because i think that i may have overlooked what you were saying and went on a rampage with words.

My apologies.

However i can tell you that hinduism and christianity cannot be compared.

For 1 reason and 1 reason only, hinduism is not backed up by any other religion other than itself.

Where as Christianity is backed up by islam almost 99.9 % (the one percent being that they dont believe that prophet Isa (eeysa)/ Jesus Christ was the manifestation of God in human form) and in some cases the Jewish Bible.

I don't think this is a really valid argument for the truth of Christianity. Its true because Jews and Muslims partly agree? On a theological level, the argument he has made is that he believes he is spiritual without being theistic so he's basically saying he's a new ager or a satanist as we know them. Hinduism is virutally satanism as well, of course the Politically Correct Nazi's here will disagree.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

edit on 29-8-2011 by Gravity215 because: woops misread that ;p

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Hi Grav,

I don't get what you are saying.

I am definitely for Jesus.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Yep i edited it afterwoods. sorry i misread what you posted ;p

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

you are very correct in everything you are saying and i solemnly agree with you

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by applebaum

I guess I am a little down tonight and wish there was more to life than just the here and now.

Currently, the here and now is not a happy place for me.

The here and now is the only entrance into eternity or timelessness. There is a forward flowing movement of consciousness toward images (objects) in the mind, which creates time. Then there is a reversal of the flow back from the images towards the consciousness, whereby the consciousness becomes purified. (Like creeks and rivers back-flowing to their source creating a deep lake) Desire to be or not to be; to have or not to have, causes the outward flow. Desire flows out leaving the source a shallow pool. When desire flows backward to its source there is understanding.

But what causes the reversal? This is hard to answer. Grace?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
There is, do not be afraid of death, its the whole dieing part you should be worried about. Dont let all these religous "Holyier than thou" ppl get to you. They are just as lost and confused about the universe as anyone. So they justify it by quoting ancient words that have been twisted to meet agendas. When we die its like waking up, sort of. When your physical body is dieing there is alot of fear and pain but only until your mind understands that the body is dieing not the soul. You have to let go basically of everything that keeps you attached to the world, clear your mind and you will feel at peace. Trust me I know. Its like a dream really, not everything is clear and if you`re coming back like i did its kindof hard to remember. But trust me there is no bouncer sitting in front of a great pearl or golden gate determining who goes in.

I did not see Jesus nor any of the people i knew that have passed on but then i never fully passed on either, just a glimpse and i saw enough to know i shouldn`t be afraid. Just do your absolute best at being a better person, wake each day and help someone out that might need it, better yourself in a little way each day, Protect the weak and injured, basically do what you know is right and stop what you know is wrong. I know ive already asked for a good reaming from some of the others that have replied to your thread and i really dont care, so if you have some questions for me send me a message, i dont want to turn your thread into a holy war.

Remember Sh!t happens, but you can always wipe it up.

edit on 29-8-2011 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
know that what u have done doesnt really matter
you were forgiven

you say your atheist , you should know there is a god. how else could this next life be created for u.
its more then what we have heard but less its only loving energy , caring
the 'bad' god in the bible is the devil.. god does not play around.........
b2tq

christanity tries to make everyone feel inside they make them all feel like less.. always asking forgiveness..
when you die all your thoughts/life replay, you judge what you see and the following emotion pretty much send you either +(up) -(down)....
ive never tried to explain this before ask if ur confused

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I am an atheist. However, I sincerely hope that life goes on after this one and that we have a purpose for existing. Various family problems and some hard life complications in my youth, cause me to long for a chance to do it all over again. I long to meet those that have passed, heal issues and reach new heights together.

Do you believe in life after death? Can you tell me why? I know you can't give me empirical proof but I would love to read your experiences. I guess I am a little down tonight and wish there was more to life than just the here and now.

Currently, the here and now is not a happy place for me.

Yes, there is conscious existence for each human being after the corporeal husk has been tossed into the box.

I have proven (logically) that this is true, but it takes a hell of a lot more than what I can post here to show you how it was done. Basically, it takes getting to the truth about what constitutes material existence, and the difference between what we believe to be non-material existence and what it actually is. Once that is accomplished, the logical requirement for the existence of the eternal human being becomes obvious.

What you create of yourself is what you leave the corporeal realm with. Your beliefs, strengths, weaknesses, and overall character. If I were to advise someone on how to handle their life, I would tell them to be deliberate in how they approach the small, mundane things, with an eye on inventing the exact kind of individual that they admire most with every response and initiation. Each instant within the corporeal stage of development crafts the inimitable identity that you'll carry into the "afterlife". You - literally - get to gestate the specifics of who you will ultimately be as a fully viable human being. It's tragic that most of us allow ourselves to be crafted by others, or worse, developed by sheer circumstantial default.

We concern so much about the "unborn", but the truth is that the womb is only developing the tool that will ultimately "generate" the human being. That tool, for you, typed out this thread (directed by the emerging human being that you are steadily becoming) and when you're fully developed, you'll toss that tool away and be finally born as human. We should concern a lot more for the "born" in this world. The damage that most people do to their ultimate selves during this phase of gestation is remarkable. Often, in the effort to do "the right thing" as dictated by everyone around them. It's a wonder that any of us emerge whole from this stage of development.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
6:9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been killed for the Word of God, and for the testimony of the Lamb which they had.

6:10 They cried with a loud voice, saying, "How long, Master, the holy and true, until you judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?"

6:11 A long white robe was given to each of them. They were told that they should rest yet for a while, until their fellow servants and their brothers, who would also be killed even as they were, should complete their course.

Revelations

Be well my friend YOU ARE ETERNAL

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
7:13And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

7:14And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

7:15Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

7:16They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.

7:17For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Revelations

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I just want to add that lots of people have seen ghosts of loved ones that have passed on, myself included. I believe that when a person dies there spirit goes to a parallel reality. Sometimes you can see objects and spirits in a parallel reality in your peripheral vision, as the eyeball lets in different wavelengths of light you don't normally see looking straight ahead. Spirits stay there until they are ready to move back into our dimension. Sometimes a person will remember who they were before, and if this happens it is usually only in childhood. For good reason, the memories of your past lives are lost. We take form around the same spirits in all the dimensions. In other words you will see people you know or who are familiar after you die, and even when you are born.

edit on 29-8-2011 by nrd101 because: added familiar

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
There are some compelling cases of life after death experiences if you care to look them up. I for one, cannot fathom being born, going through life and having it just end into nothingness afterward. I believe that we go on somehow.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
What you see in the mirror is just an appearance.
What and where you see 'from' is not an appearance.
It is awareness, aware of appearances.
Appearances are not real they are transitory.
The appearances come and go, are constantly changing, moving.
The body and mind (one thought at a time) are changing, never constant.
What is seeing and knowing these changes never changes.
Presence awareness.

Now, this moment, is intimately joined with what you are.
You are the awareness of the present.
What you are is not a 'thing'. The body/mind is a 'thing', but you are aware of the body/mind.
That awareness is not a 'thing', it is no thing.
You are nothing and nothing can not be destroyed.
The void.
Out of the void came all 'things'.

You are eternal.
edit on 29-8-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
People fear death because it is the end of the story of 'me'. It is best to face this because i believe death will be the end of the story, the end of the idea of 'me'.
Don't wait until you are old for the story to end, do it now.

What are you frightened to lose?
An illusion.
What are you? A story? An idea?

Be willing to die to the illusion.

Watch this:
youtu.be...

Then watch the other Alan Watts vids on that page about death.

Much love.
edit on 29-8-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I am an atheist. However, I sincerely hope that life goes on after this one and that we have a purpose for existing.

Even outside of belief in a creator I think I would still believe that we don't cease to exist at death. There is something truly amazing about how every single individual is completely unique and utterly unlike every other person on the earth. This individuality totally transcends ideas of evolution in my opinion and points to something utterly unexplainable. Call it a soul or call it something else if you wish, but there is an element to each of us that exists beyond the realm of flesh and blood and electrical brain impulses. You can't pull it out and hold it up for people to examine, so therefore there will always be those who don't believe it exists. But for me at least, it seems so self-evident and obvious that it's there that it's all the proof that I need to believe that characteristic cannot be extinguished by simply killing the body it inhabits. As for what happens to it after death, I don't know. Maybe it's not for us to know because if we did then we wouldn't want to live through this earthly life any longer.

Various family problems and some hard life complications in my youth, cause me to long for a chance to do it all over again.

One of the wisest things I ever read was from a 1950's self-help book, I think it was called "Just Because You Think You're Normal". It went something like "We all wish we could do it all over again so that we wouldn't make the same mistakes. Of course we wouldn't, we'd make a whole set of new ones!" LOL! There's much truth in that. So don't have regrets, because if you got a do-over then things might turn out even worse!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Wow....the amount of religion being brought into this lol.

There doesnt have to be a god for there to be an afterlife
Im not sure myself, my lifes not been too bad....its had its ups and downs but i dont really mind if this is everything i will ever experience.

I doubt VERY much, goat herders had a better understanding of the life cycle than we do now (scientists).

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I've got a new angle on this one, well new to me anyway.

Today I watched a chap called Randy Winters who had spent some times with Billy Meiers. I hadnt looked much into this guys story before but I thought I'd give it a bash because if he really had been contacted and educated by an extraterrestrial race..thats summin I wanna know about! lol.

Anyway these nordic "Aliens" he spoke to said, yes, life does continue after death because, rightly so, energy can only be moved/transformed and NOT destroyed.

They said beings are re-encarnated, however because of the unbalance in our world at the moment, this isnt happening as it should do, and (I think) they said summin like the average time for rencarnation is 152 years (that was in the 70's and the Earth population has further increased, so it'll probley be longer than that now lol).

But the good thing is, If we can believe this guy (I do), we will return

They also said, that we need to make an effort to remember our previous lives, because we may not realise at first.

They said the issue with man kind at the minute was that we are so over populated (something I was on the fence about untill today) over populated regarding conciousness not resources. Like put it this way, 50 million women give birth tomorow, and yet 50 million people have not passed on in the same amount of time to rencarnate into these 50 million new vessels, say 10 million souls that did pass away and were reborn into these new bodies, they are the ones who (If they are mentally capable at the spiritual level) have more wisdom from their previous lifes, however the other 40 million new lives are just that. They are new energy, and have no previous wisdom and so are starting fresh. If ya get me?

Thats why the human race are so retarded because our conciousness on a whole is relatively young because we dont realise how to be intune with spiritual powers around us.

If we fixed this unbalance, everyone could be re-encarnated faster and be alot more wise than what we are because we can draw from past exsperiences.

I intend to figure this spiritual stuff and live on! lol.

Anyway I've probley explained all that really crap, but if you got what I meant I think its a really plausable concept, and one I hope is real

ETA: I wish people would stop believeing in false deities like GOD lol....have you not figured out that it was invented to control the way people feel and think...its a TOOL used by TPTB...sheeeshhhh

If there was a GOD sitting up in the clouds, be it, jesus, Allah, whatever the F*** you wanna call it...he's nothing but a DICTATOR durr. Big up the "Devil" for telling him to stick it

I aint got a clue what created the universe, its unthinkable, its divine, whatever it was is prime creator...its a head #...the best we can do is look within for our own spiritual enlightenment

edit on 29-8-2011 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Well my take is when we die we will go to one of the most happiest places we can think off. After this WE get to decide where we reincarnate. We are our own gods and most religions are made to keep us hoping and praying that some other person will come and save us but the truth is we control all aspects of our life. All the pain and suffering in this life will lead to lesson for us that we will keep deep in our consciousness for our next life. We chose to reincarnate here for a reason and until people awaken they do not know these reasons. The government has kept our vibrations down to control us but we will all awaken soon. Just know the pain in this life is lessons and that you are in full control of your life not god or any other religious leader, we are immortals and we are our own gods.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join