It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hope there is a Life after his one.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Nothing serious. My soul (if there is such a thing) is mine, and no one elses. I don't need anyone to worry about mine. This is the problem with the world today, quit worrying about everyone else, and worry about yourself.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

In time my friend

Be well no need to try and comback with more jabs-YOU DIDNT CREATE YOUR SOUL- NOR WERE YOU ASKED TO BOW TO THE HUMAN ESSENCE WHEN IT WAS CREATED THERE NOT HERE. As far as caring about others in the trenches where you and I both are hmm its a natural motive to do this.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

It's disturbing how many believers relish and laugh at the thought of us non-believers burning in hell for eternity 'when the time comes'
reply to post by Hawkwind.

No way would I ever think it is a laughing matter.

I have a belief in many dimensions (mansions) that are not seen and Hell is as real as one can "sense". Maybe not an eternal torment but definitely alive and well here on Earth deep within. There are soooo many who do not believe in it and I was once one of them.

Yin and yang are real.

Good and Bad are real.

Heaven and Hell are real.

Seek it...know it....understand it....and you will keep yourself from fear and go to the light.

I had many debates over the years in this area so I can relate to the feelings one gets when told there is really a hell. It just doesn't feel good....and to the feel good person like myself, it is hard to comprehend.

Studying and researching the melody of life and all that it connects with astounds me on a daily basis.

There are laws..... I did not create them (I dont think
) but never the less....they are governed and are from cause and effect. This experience is what you make it....but it does trickle to the next "real" existence.

How do I know? Studying and researching anything and everything having to do with life and death. Researchin what is within a human being. Researching what is within our Universe. Researching the Earth and what it is made of. The more I research the ALL the closer I get to the ALL.

Can I just say...God is good ALL the time???

I had a friend that lost his life in the flood (tennessee) last year. I loved him!!! He was my honey and was a "Jesus freak". He used to say that all the time. I have a shirt that has that quote on it along with Jesus on the cross. He had a tat all down his back and across his arms (in the back) of Jesus on the cross. It was beautiful!! He also used to say all the time that "Jesus had his back" Big tough guy who fought UFC style!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by applebaum

Well, speaking as another atheist who has had an MDE, there IS a life after this one. And my atheism is greatly a result of that NDE. The afterlife is a wonderful, yet very different, place. It is almost nothing like what we are "preached" to about. Be very glad that is the case. The sad thing is that so many people life this entire life in fear about going to "Hell". Oh well, better times are coming for them in the afterlife.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Nothing serious. My soul (if there is such a thing) is mine, and no one elses. I don't need anyone to worry about mine. This is the problem with the world today, quit worrying about everyone else, and worry about yourself.

This is the problem with the world today? That people care too much? You are actually the problem with the world, people that are selfish and care only for themselves. Now I'm not saying he was right, you should respect people's beliefs, but what you said was completely off base.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Akasirus

No, it was not off base. It is a fact. No one need worry about my "soul" but me. Maybe if people looked in the mirror once in a while and stopped looking at others they just might find most of our problems come from within. Just because I don't need anyone worrying or preaching to me about my soul going to heaven or hell, does not mean I do not worry about my fellow man. An atheist can love and care just as much as a religious person. An atheist just doesn't believe there is an all knowing superior being controlling the strings of our life.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.

Be careful. It's at times like how you feel now that the religious come out of the woodwork to tell you that Jesus will save you e.c.t, did you notice it happened in this thread? I did. A lot of religious people push their agenda onto people who are stressing/feeling empty/lonely e.c.t and the reason for this is because you are at a crossroads of thought and you are vulnerable. The church loves it when someone is vulnerable, oh yes, that when they pounce.

Again, at this moment you are looking for direction, don't get brainwashed by religion. There might be life after death (I hope there is) but don't fall for all the ''eternal heaven if you believe in jesus'' type bullcrap, see it for what it is, mind control for the masses.

That was exactly what I was thinking after reading only a few of the replies on page one. Especially the post that said, "You are exactly where you need to be" and then quoted a Bible verse. They do like to pounce on the vulnerable. Star for you, and an "I second that!".

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

revelation 21 .5 we don't go to heaven heaven and earth will pass away and the new Jerusalem come out of the new heaven and god PEACE ON EARTH .Lazarus died Jesus told him to awake now if he went to heaven (when he died) would he not be mad at Jesus for bringing him from heaven back to earth in a sick body? i think not ! we just sleep tell the resurrection . just my opinion as a 25 year bible student feel free to let me have it if u have a dif point of view

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
OPs didn't say he/she was looking for a religion, just a hope for continued existance.

Well fellow atheist...I don't know anything about any deitys, however, I have firsthand experienced a few times what can be only described as a "ghost".
I am not saying a ghost is a spirit of someone gone, but my experience did point to that direction...so, your hope may not be without some reality in it.

But the key is, even if heaven awaits (or hell), to realize right now you exist, and so cherish and love the time you have now. Hell, who knows..in 20 years, mortality itself might be solved and a afterlife may not even be necessary...but again, if you focus too much on the future, or death, then today will pass you by lifeless.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I am an atheist as well.
I look at it this way; We exist, right? I mean, no one can honestly say we do not. Here we are!

We are seven billion human lifetimes divided by now...observing all of the beauty and terror on this island we call earth.

I do not believe in a supreme creator nor a "big bang" (something cannot come from nothing). Everything that makes up the universe has always been and will always be. It only changes form. ..And I guess my point of saying that is:

We will live again...some other time & place.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie
There will be a life after this one. When we die, we just go to sleep. It isn't until Jesus returns that we will be resurrected. Just imagine, to live in eternal happiness. No sorrow, boredom, jealousy, trials, anger, hopelessness, or any other negative thing that we experience in this life. Here is a link that gives a little insight into what we can expect when we go to Heaven.

Will those in eternal happiness forget about the billions being tormented in the unimaginable agonies of Hell? Or will being a spectator of such grotesque eternal torture be a part of the fun?

For God so loved the world he created Hell...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by applebaum
I am an atheist. However, I sincerely hope that life goes on after this one and that we have a purpose for existing. Various family problems and some hard life complications in my youth, cause me to long for a chance to do it all over again. I long to meet those that have passed, heal issues and reach new heights together.

Do you believe in life after death? Can you tell me why? I know you can't give me empirical proof but I would love to read your experiences. I guess I am a little down tonight and wish there was more to life than just the here and now.

Currently, the here and now is not a happy place for me.

That's an interesting perspective. To be an atheist, but still hope that life goes on. Most atheists I met feel like when a person dies life ends. And it's a hard reality that simply all of us have to face. It makes sense to hope that life goes on, because we know that life is precious.

Is there proof though? For some, there are those who have seen and experienced or even felt the spirits of the dead. And that's definitely enough proof for them. But not every one has that opportunity, so they have to only take another person's word for it, which always leaves the possibility that it isn't true.

Do I believe in life after death? I believe life as we know it will cease to exist. Simply because all of our thoughts happen in our brain, and after we die we no longer will be stuck thinking in our brain, but it will be much more fluid. How our dreams are more fluid than our waking reality, our bodyless reality will be even more fluid than our dreams. I believe our perspectives on the Universe will grow immensely. Thus erasing any worries and regrets we once had while alive. So how you say you wish you could reconnect with those who have passed. I don't think you will have those same desires after you die. If we are free from our bodies and immediately connected to everything, there is no desire to reconnect because we will already be connected.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

Maybe mind wipe? As they are STILL with their Spirituall family, why should they have a awarness of them unless needed? To add some -lifted souls- may come back into the 3d realm once those -falling souls-you speak are recaprured into new soul material. And have matured spiritually SORT LIKE A SIFTER TILL THE LAST LIL REBEL SOULS GET IT.
edit on 8/30/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
OPs didn't say he/she was looking for a religion, just a hope for continued existance.

Well fellow atheist...I don't know anything about any deitys, however, I have firsthand experienced a few times what can be only described as a "ghost".
I am not saying a ghost is a spirit of someone gone, but my experience did point to that direction...so, your hope may not be without some reality in it.

But the key is, even if heaven awaits (or hell), to realize right now you exist, and so cherish and love the time you have now. Hell, who knows..in 20 years, mortality itself might be solved and a afterlife may not even be necessary...but again, if you focus too much on the future, or death, then today will pass you by lifeless.

I agree.....Religion is not a requirement for a belief in the after life anyway. Your balance of positive and negative will show in a truer sense no matter what you believe or not believe when your energy transfers from this world to the next. That is my belief..

Oh and uh... You will see Jesus though... Thank God!

edit on 30-8-2011 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I know there is an afterlife for our consciousness.

I know it from the shamanistic drugs I've used, and also - just watch ONE episode of 'I Survived: Beyond and Back' - and I think something in you will remember. =)

That show always has me in tears. Good ones!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FREEwoman
I know there is an afterlife for our consciousness.

I know it from the shamanistic drugs I've used, and also - just watch ONE episode of 'I Survived: Beyond and Back' - and I think something in you will remember. =)

That show always has me in tears. Good ones!

I love that show too but for some reason here in Tennessee it airs the same ones over and over again...talk about boring! Ha! I have researched near death experiences and out of body for a long time and you cannot listen to all these accounts that pretty much align with one another and not believe their experience to be true.

I have been a witness on several accounts and it is astonishing...exciting to say the least!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I've been through some difficult times in my life also. Its inevitable for all of us at some point and many seem to experience it continuously throughout their lives, at least from my perspective as an outside observer.

I was in the Army for about 12 years and participated in the first Gulf War as a tank gunner. I did a lot of things to others that I think may have contributed to my future experiences or maybe not. I don't know if its possible to know.

Anyway, amoung other things, I lost my younger brother to suicide and my father to cancer within about a years time. I was very close to both of them and it really broke me. Knowing whether they still existed was a question I needed answered so badly it felt like I was mentally/spiritually drowning. I tried suffocating myself to cause temporary death. I tried every drug I could find to give me an "out of body experience". I spent time at their graves with a ouija board. None of it worked.

The one thing I found that brought me peace was books on "Near Death Experiences". Reading the accounts of those that have died and come back is really amazing. Who better to listen to then someone who's done it. Screw religion and all the others that poo poo it without having ever been dead. I do believe we survive and even though I don't know the purpose of being here its enough for me to know one day I might.

Good luck in your journey,

Dan

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by FREEwoman
... just watch ONE episode of 'I Survived: Beyond and Back'...

I was just going to post this. That show really is amazing and comforting. Another thing I find fascinating is reading the numerous NDE's online. They really do help calm you down and give you something to look forward to. :-)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Oh and uh... You will see Jesus though... Thank God!

edit on 30-8-2011 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

Well, if we are going with just accounts of people that "died" then came back, only some seen a figure like jesus...typically people that had a religion involving him to a degree, or had some latent christian leanings anyhow.
Ultimately people usually see things that reinforce their desires or beliefs to an extent...their background understanding of what an afterlife is like.

Therefore, if its what makes us most comfortable, I will choose to rejoin the family verses meet him initially anyhow...and Morrison can give me the tour if he isn't busy.

This is all just wishful speculation of course...but hey, if I am going to create my own personal heaven...its going to involve friends, family, and lots of cool adventures...not a endless church sermon...besides, if there is a jesus, I would think he has far more pressing issues at hand than to welcome me to his place...a fruit basket is good enough.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
IF there is no life after death.....then I have to ask myself, Who or what had been floating around my bedroom as a child, touching my feet, a face to face one morning, one episode of possession which I remember vividly and the continuing sightings up to the present day.....with video?
The latest I awoke one evening to see a white face floating above my wifes face.... A lot like pushing your face into the fabric of space but where it meets there's a bright light(reaction) and to simplify it further a face sized starched white illuminus sheet with the mouth, nose and eyes defined in it.
If you wanted a more Esoteric view from my own personal experiences through meditation etc. then there is something after but it's not life as you know it..... the idea being as you live each life or level you change each time until you reach perfection again, where after I don't know how long the process is but it begins again.
How it was shown to me: Stars(Soul Perfection).......Stars Fall(Lowest Level Carbon/Silicon and lowest energy soul)......Life(Soul recharge phase 1)...... now I was shown the next 3 phases and there were alot more above that but to know how they worked
I was just shown a picture of a star filled sky and a waterfall filled with stars and at the foot of the falls was Earth..the stars arrived on the Earths shore and there begins Life at the end of life was a path upwards to another plain and so on and so on all the way to the top where stars began to take their place back in the star filled sky. A black serpant guards the bank to the waterfall of the next plane.
That was it as I said Esoteric but I beleive it to be true as I trust the SOURCE.

edit on 30-8-2011 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join