It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No birds singing today - strange quiet

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Thanks to all for posting your sightings and updates.

I was outside an hour ago, and saw 2 black birds flying really high in the sky, and then a seagull flying solo, and kind of "sideways", and all fowl were silent.

The seagull appeared to be flying on an angle, away from a large military jet that was flying in another part of the sky.

The weather here has been fine, nothing but sun and decent temps forecast for the weekend.

Any horse whisperers out there?
Seriously--

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Just thought I would update.. 3rd day we have heard no birds. Zero.
Too early for migration here.

Still air, no storms forecast.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

I haven't heard any birds since yesterday,

edit on 26-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

So whats going on?
Don't know where else to ask - dare I call the media? Maybe they'll know. HA

Strange stuff. And again, this new silence is deafening!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

All I hear is crickets. Day in and day out

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

All I hear is crickets. Day in and day out

Since this topic started, and I started listening,,,that's all I have heard as well. Night and day.

Have not seen or heard any birds at all. Typically they were all over my property. Not as of late.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsEvolutionBaby
reply to post by Heartisblack

So whats going on?
Don't know where else to ask - dare I call the media? Maybe they'll know. HA

Strange stuff. And again, this new silence is deafening!

Hey I actually 'did' see a few birds today!!! Just a few flying into one of the trees but not the flocks that I'm used to around here. I was looking on the Springwatch website that's on UK TV to try and find out about migration patterns.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Seems that most have already gone on their migration flights, but reading down the comments page and there's a few people picking up on the sudden absence of most breeds. I don't even see the blackbirds and pigeons as much at the moment.

If anyone somewhere around the world suddenly has a massive sighting of them, would you give us a heads up so we know where they are?

Where's Bill Oddy when you need him?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I posted yesterday that the birds were back to normal ,but they have been very quiet today,I heard them early morning but not since.just crickets,oddly quiet.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hey, I posted 2 days ago about SE British Columbia.

There were no birds chirping or flying yesterday, but today is a little different. It appears there are some birds outside today and some singing right now, not like normal though. Not sure what to make of it yet. Also, I haven't heard the local eagle in about a week, that's a strange one... It usually made itself known on a dialy basis.

I'll post up in a couple days again.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
We've been checking off and on in different parts of the region today and can't hear any birds any where - did see a couple high flying ones, but no songs.

Now, I don't wish to jump into any fray here - but there has been an increase in military jets flying overhead - there are usually none, or next to none.

No air force bases close, air shows have come and gone weeks ago.

Anyone else to add military jets to the wash?

Have no idea the connection, if any. Just to add to the "off"-ness..
Thanks again for updates.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FreshNugget

A reminder to check with the friends on the island - see if they've heard anything; birds, news..

Even the eagle is gone ?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
they are still gone here in NYC suburbs, and their used to be tons up until the morning before the Mineral, VA earthquake, its been days now.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
In CT, the only birds are the ones gliding the currents about a half mile up. But the bugs were so thick it looked like it was snowing. All the ant hills are doing that tower building.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
In CT, the only birds are the ones gliding the currents about a half mile up. But the bugs were so thick it looked like it was snowing. All the ant hills are doing that tower building.

Thats the only height we saw birds at -
I've heard the ants are one of the last of nature to leave in an upcoming disaster - little buggers.
Glad for that sake they're still around your neck of the woods!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
AND this is the first morning this week we heard the (one) caw of a crow, along with a very short chirp from a finch.
Still disconcerting, but relieved to hear one or two birds stating their presence!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
they are still gone here in NYC suburbs, and their used to be tons up until the morning before the Mineral, VA earthquake, its been days now.

I hope you all are okay in NYC suburbs et al.

Zero for birds this morning. We haven't gone to see yet if any are flying up high, or flying anywhere.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I began noticing a couple of days ago that I heard and saw no birds. I asked my father yesterday if he had (he usually has tons of them that he feeds in his yard) about it. He said he saw a couple of Blue Jays and Humming Birds. That's it...nothing else.

I have saw two Humming Birds...no Blue Jays, no Robins, no Wrens, no Cardinals, etc. NOTHING. They usually hang out in a tree in my front yard and tweet away. My neighbor feeds birds and I haven't saw one in her yard for days.

I suppose I should mention I live in West Virginia. The types of birds that usually "hang" around my home are Wrens, Cardinals, Robins, Cow Birds, etc.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Ahh, I have noticed the air is SO thick with bugs lately...What on earth is going on??

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernRain55

Ahh, I have noticed the air is SO thick with bugs lately...What on earth is going on??

We don't seem to have an overage of bugs here.. only one friend has reported a huge flock of seagulls, and thats about it.

So strange!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Blessed be, just to let everyone know here in Rijen ( Netherlands ) no birds and normally we have tons around!!

Namasté

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join