It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No birds singing today - strange quiet

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernRain55
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

BTW, the humming that you speak of...was it like the humming in other posts on ATS? That's odd!

The humming was definitely electrical - just in one steady pitch and hum- sounded like an electrical box somewhere was humming at full strength. Didn't sound like the earth rumblings being reported, but was annoying and made us curious for sure.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to SummerRain - from the rumble heard 1 - 1:20 a.m....

Goodlord - did you sleep for the duration of that night?
Would make me want to run like your avatar - but where does one run to now?
edit on 1-9-2011 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Blessed be.
Update from Rijen: No birds singing here again, wish I had better news.
Maybe it's me........but has anyone tasted water on the air? Because for the last 3 weeks I have been tasting water everytime I breathe in through my mouth ( maybe it is me or maybe it is related in some way?! )

Namasté

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhaliWitch
Blessed be.
Update from Rijen: No birds singing here again, wish I had better news.
Maybe it's me........but has anyone tasted water on the air? Because for the last 3 weeks I have been tasting water everytime I breathe in through my mouth ( maybe it is me or maybe it is related in some way?! )

Namasté

Wish I could report at least one bird chirping here this morning - but none around, not even the occasional cricket chirp. Can't get used to the silence - seems like out of a movie.

And yes I have "smelled" rain in the area even when there is none around. Living far from the coasts, and not much rain forecast here at all in the past week or 2 - dare I say we have detected rain in the air, just passed it off tho--- ??

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I was up late that night and on the phone with a dear friend that moved to Texas. I was setting there on my front porch chatting away and I heard what at first I thought sounded like thunder..I told my friend to hang on and I started listening...She noted the time and we talked thru out it all!
It did frighten me at first...I know this sounds strange...but I was more amazed than anything else.
I stayed awake until about 4 am that night...just playing it over and over in my head.
I had already heard some of the recordings on here (perhaps that helped in not being too frightened) and if you have watched the one from the family in Florida...that's pretty much almost exactly what the noise I heard sounded like. On a thread here at ATS, I saw where the noise had been reported in West Virginia...but I don't know "when" that report was.
My friend and I checked to make sure there were no storms or oddities in the weather at the time as well. Clear skies, no rain in the near future...I honestly have no explanation as to what it could have been. I really don't. I wish I had tried to record it...but to be honest, I didn't want to go in the house in fear of missing it myself.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Well, I'm planning on recording the lack of bird chirps.

And lack of birds honestly.

Please let me know if anyone else would be interested in recording these. You never know what might come up.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus

Please let me know if anyone else would be interested in recording these. You never know what might come up.

Great idea! I would offer to record as well...but I don't know if it would be a valuable example, since I have checked with others and they have plenty of birds...just my immediate area/surrounding don't.
Beginning to think my issue is not related to the other posts here...

HEY! I had a thought...do you think them using equipment down the road (ex: Dozer & Back Hoe) would run birds off for this long? Its been well over a week now for me....

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Great idea! I would offer to record as well...but I don't know if it would be a valuable example, since I have checked with others and they have plenty of birds...just my immediate area/surrounding don't.
Beginning to think my issue is not related to the other posts here...

HEY! I had a thought...do you think them using equipment down the road (ex: Dozer & Back Hoe) would run birds off for this long? Its been well over a week now for me....

I'm not sure, but I would think that birds that live in cities would be used to it by now.

When I moved into my apartment 3 months ago, this place was still under construction. Some buildings were not finished, grass hadn't come out, and there was an general disorderliness about the place. BUT we had birds in the morning.

Since then, they've finished construction over a month ago, and we stopped hearing birds pretty much two weeks ago. Which coincides with the start of the thread. I noticed it before I saw this thread and it bothered me. So I posted here.

But like I said earlier, its not just birds, its crickets and other bugs. You can't hear them at night anymore....I don't get it.

Its 8:15 where I am right now. I'm going to go out and record it. I'll upload it later today.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
in my area paris france, usually there are many birds, pigeons and sparrows, but since one month and a half I don"t hear any birds, they are gone, sometimes I see pigeons but they are really rundown,but no more sparrows, in the morning it's so quite, usualy they are there evreywhere ... and since 3 days they are any pigeons... the sky is clear of birds this very strange... where are they gone ?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Seems im on a different planet. Birds flying around out in the fields as normal as could be here where im at. allmost ran into a flock of em riding my scooter earlier this morning. its just as normal of a day as my last birthday.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Here's a video I recorded from this mornings silence:

No Birds

Also, I found this article written by someone concerned all the way in Andover, UK. This person is complaining about an all around lack of wildlife.

Article on Birds
edit on 1-9-2011 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Here's a video I recorded from this mornings silence:

No Birds

Also, I found this article written by someone concerned all the way in Andover, UK. This person is complaining about an all around lack of wildlife.

Article on Birds
edit on 1-9-2011 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

Great video and thank you for sharing...that's exactly the way it is here...nothing. Not even overhead. Its so strange to hear NOTHING....and see NOTHING.
Sometimes when I am outdoors here I feel like I dreamed up birds and they never really existed...*sigh*

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
Seems im on a different planet. Birds flying around out in the fields as normal as could be here where im at. allmost ran into a flock of em riding my scooter earlier this morning. its just as normal of a day as my last birthday.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

That's the way it is not even a mile away here! Birds everywhere...(Not meaning this seriously but just as a way to describe it) Its like a force field is surrounding where I am at and it won't let the birds in. lol

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I LIVE IN THE HIGHLANDS OF SCOTLAND I HAVE NOT NOTICED ANY BIRDS FOR NEARLY A WEEK MY BACK GARDEN IS NORMALY FULL .BOTH FEEDERS ARE UNTOUCHED WHICH IS MIGHTY UNUSUAL .NO BIRDS CHIRPING WEATHER IS NORMAL FOR HERE

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Just checking back in from Georgia.Seems to be pretty much back to normal here.Birds singing and squawking away.
A little cooler today so maybe they're more active.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

THANKS for making that video! That sounds exactly like here - not one bird.
I did hear 1 goose honk once last evening, but there should be many more.

A road trip yesterday showed us 2 flocks of birds in a 4 hour round trip (into the countryside), 1 hawk, and one pigeon flying solo.

I am shocked at the additional places on the planet posting their lack of birds on this thread, and that article you posted is enlightening to be frighteningly for sure.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by stillsearchin
Just checking back in from Georgia.Seems to be pretty much back to normal here.Birds singing and squawking away.
A little cooler today so maybe they're more active.

Maybe our birds went to your area?
I'm happy you have your birds back - its really starting to sound/feel like the twilight zone around here.

Thanks for the update.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by pitchdragon
in my area paris france, usually there are many birds, pigeons and sparrows, but since one month and a half I don"t hear any birds, they are gone, sometimes I see pigeons but they are really rundown,but no more sparrows, in the morning it's so quite, usualy they are there evreywhere ... and since 3 days they are any pigeons... the sky is clear of birds this very strange... where are they gone ?

WOW - well they didn't come to Canada

Its way too quiet in way too many places!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I was up late that night and on the phone with a dear friend that moved to Texas. I was setting there on my front porch chatting away and I heard what at first I thought sounded like thunder..I told my friend to hang on and I started listening...She noted the time and we talked thru out it all!
It did frighten me at first...I know this sounds strange...but I was more amazed than anything else.
I stayed awake until about 4 am that night...just playing it over and over in my head.
I had already heard some of the recordings on here (perhaps that helped in not being too frightened) and if you have watched the one from the family in Florida...that's pretty much almost exactly what the noise I heard sounded like. On a thread here at ATS, I saw where the noise had been reported in West Virginia...but I don't know "when" that report was.

My friend and I checked to make sure there were no storms or oddities in the weather at the time as well. Clear skies, no rain in the near future...I honestly have no explanation as to what it could have been. I really don't. I wish I had tried to record it...but to be honest, I didn't want to go in the house in fear of missing it myself.

Have you heard that sound again??
we haven't heard anything like that here, just the electrical mono-toned hum.

Hard to find the words to describe how it is that you are all hearing generally the same noise in different parts of the planet.
I knew we would be subjected to strangeness in these times, but I had no idea.. it would be so strange.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join