It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No birds singing today - strange quiet

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
West Virgina updating here...STILL not one bird all day...none in the sky, none in the tress or on the ground..didn't hear one chirp...nothing.
I was outside on and off all day...I am getting a tad worried.
Just wanted to give you all a heads up, another day with no birds.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Same here. It was a BEAUTIFUL day out today in south west VA. I did not see/ hear any birds again today. Had my windows opened all day long....nothing!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
Same here. It was a BEAUTIFUL day out today in south west VA. I did not see/ hear any birds again today. Had my windows opened all day long....nothing!

It feels eerie sitting outside and realizing there are no birds...A chill passes over you and you start to think crazy things...today while sitting outside I sat watching my 2 year old daughter and thinking about the birds. I started thinking about how awful it would be if she never knew what a bird was like in real life...never remembered hearing their chirping and singing...I think I am losing my mind! lol

I wish someone had a idea of what was going on....

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Blessed be.
Update from the Netherlands: In Rijen we are seeing a few birds, but we are not hearing any! And the few birds we see are the Ravens.

Namasté

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I live in NE Ohio and it seemed I had more birds than usual yesterday. I feed them so I usually have a decent crowd but yesterday my lawn was full of crows...they weren't at my feeders, they were just sitting in the grass.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Ive noticed the lack of birds chirping during the day and lack of bugs and crickets at night.

I've seen birds flying in the trees, but they're not making any noises.

I just heard a couple of owls at night, but that was relief for me

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Update from Rijen ( Netherlands ): Still no singing birds, see a few flying about. But I am MISSING their SONGS waking me up in the morning and standing outside with a cup of coffee and a cigarette and just listening to the birds waking up and coming to look for bread and such!!!

Namasté

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I have noticed the same thing here in W. Kentucky. Haven't seen a bird or squirrel in 3 days and my yard is usually full of them.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I live in Minnesota..There is lots of birds chirping and singing just as many as usual nothing strange going on here..peace sugarcookie1

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I noticed the same thing too and we have been out all day. I am glowing (were near a power station, but not a nuclear kind) as the weather has been windy all day. When the sun was out (very briefly) it was quite hot. Supposed to have rain this evening, but it's running late - obviously the met office forgot to pass on the message.

Saw a deer though - it ran across the road in front of us this morning but luckily not so close that we hit it.

Will listen and watch what happens for the next few days.
edit on 29/8/2011 by YarlanZey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Update from West Virginia...Was outside large part of the day...NOTHING again....not one bird of any kind...no sounds either.

I am starting to ask everyone I know about this...a friend told me just moments ago..about 5 miles away that they do infact have plenty of birds, no isssues there...

I can't understand why I haven't seen/heard ANY but someone 5 miles away has...hmmm....

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Hey, my birds are back.......not exactly but I do see squirrels. and I hear them. So it's something

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Again good to hear of any birds or wildlife back where they should be!

As we're talking to more friends and neighbours, others have reported to us there are no birds around, except for a flock of seagulls spotted on the weekend.

Not even the crickets around, the last few days.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

live in central new england, we had about a thousand swift doing acrobatics at riverfront park yesterday late afternoon.
must be getting ready for migration.

we just were hit by huricane irene, so the usual sparrows are missing, and only one squirrel showed up today.

this area has a huge variety of birds, they must be hiding in the woods, away from houses.

or maybe an earthquake and hurricane in a week has them spooked around here.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen6511

Always good to hear!
I just can't figure where our birds went - too early and warm for migrating, no storms of any sort...

And why there are/were so many different locales reporting the same thing - I was so not expecting that at all when I posted this thread. Oh the mysteries. Still haven't called the media tho. I squeaked at them a few months ago during their lack of coverage in reporting the world-wide bird/animal deaths.

I love birds, never had a strong affiliation with them, don't know whats up with all the bird stuff,
Still Wondering in Canada

PS I hope you all made out alright with the hurricane.
edit on 29-8-2011 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: PS

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Maryland reporting in. Lots of squirrels are here because there are already trees dropping acorns. We have crows and tons of singing crickets. I think everyone's missing crickets came here to visit and sing their little hearts out. We have butterflies, too and plenty of mosquitoes. I can't say I have heard a singing bird but that is not entirely unusual this time of year here. Unless you have a feeding station in your yard or a berry bearing plant, the past few years the birds just will snub your yard and go where there are accommodations. I choose not to because I am not fond of the seed hulls, shed feathers and poop everywhere. Been there, done that...it just aggravates my allergies.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
Maryland reporting in. Lots of squirrels are here because there are already trees dropping acorns. We have crows and tons of singing crickets. I think everyone's missing crickets came here to visit and sing their little hearts out. We have butterflies, too and plenty of mosquitoes. I can't say I have heard a singing bird but that is not entirely unusual this time of year here. Unless you have a feeding station in your yard or a berry bearing plant, the past few years the birds just will snub your yard and go where there are accommodations. I choose not to because I am not fond of the seed hulls, shed feathers and poop everywhere. Been there, done that...it just aggravates my allergies.

Yeah, we used to have the bird feeder, grew another little garden with all the strewn seeds and
bird-fertilizer

We've got the assorted fruit trees, bird baths and other bird friendly items that have brought them chirping along from morning til night. In any sort of summer months, they begin chirping at 3:30 a.m. Its like no other time ever, this past week - missing the little guys--
And it looks like all our crickets took off for your neck of the woods too.
Good you have the wildlife!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I just thought of something. Do many of you live where people are obsessed with perfect lawns and hire companies to spread whatever it is that require the little signs that say. "caution, spraying, do not allow children or pets to walk on for 24 hours"? I do. I hate that stuff. Why spray crap that renders your yard unsafe to walk on for twenty four hours? I am not sure if it is weed killer or pesticide they use or a mix of both. I don't use that junk and have interesting bugs you can't really see anywhere else in the neighborhood, so I also have kids come over to see the bugs. I have birds in the hot summer months and bats who eat the bugs. I have clover and dandelions and thistles that I have to clear by hand. But my lawn looks as good as anybody else's around here and possibly better, if you don't minds some clover mixed in with the grass.

Anyway I can't help wondering if the mass suburbanite obsession with perfect lawns is starving out the insect eating birds and the weed spraying is also making the seed and berry eating birds sick or reluctant to put in a showing. Those chemicals stink. I won't go outside after that junk is sprayed around here.
edit on 29-8-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Typos

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

That's a great point...
I myself live out in the country away from "town". I mow my own yard and don't use any chemicals to get rid of bugs or weeds so I am not sure why my area is affected...

Confirmed that it is in my exact area though...checked with my sister about 1 or 2 miles away...plenty of birds...
Soooo...where are mine?? lol

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
still no birds since the quake

and *whimpy* hurricane.

august seems way to early for them to hav flown the coop

early migration? something worse is brewing??

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join