It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.9 Magnitude Quake Rocks Washington D.C. Region

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I think I figured out what caused this..... it's all Charrrrrrlie's fault!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieWoof

I agree ZW, we should all look very closely at Uranus in the coming weeks and months, very strange things seem to be spewing forth from it.

link   
reply to post by The Sword

my cat slept right through it, i looked at her for confirmation that i was not in fact hallucinating, but she was no help at all.

link   
How much "frakking" for natural gas is going on near the quake area?

The extremely shallow depth is troubling on this one.

link   

Originally posted by kanetaker
I didn't feel it here in Georgia and I'm about twenty minutes from the south Carolina line
edit on 23-8-2011 by kanetaker because: (no reason given)
my brother-in-law felt it in his office and he is approximately 21 miles from anderson sc -

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by StolenGravity
reply to post by SG-17

Lol thats where im headed if # gets real. Im in the valley in central PA, we felt it.

I live in Northumberland County and I didn't feel a thing.

link   
ANYONE HEAR ABOUT ANY AFTERSHOCKS? I heard of one that lasted 3-5 seconds at the epicenter, on foxnews live stream jounx

link   
reply to post by AstroBuzz

Ok, not a funny situation, but for short comic relief, that was funny! I thought nothing ever interrupted a meteorologist. Lol. Thanks for sharing!

link   

Originally posted by damingus
Well my first post to the site......
Felt it in here in Cleveland and the first thing that came to my mind was "what about the Perry Power Plant"?

My same thought. That piece of garbage couldn't handle a large train rolling by. I can only imagine what is probably going on there that they can't/won't tell us about.

Also, Three Mile Island and the Shippingport Nuclear Power plant are also in the shake zone. TMI has it's own history, but Shippingport in Western PA is the oldest commercial nuke plant in the US.

link   
I grew up in Northern Virgina and spent my life on Lake Anna. The lake that cools the North Anna Nuclear Plant. Did anyone notice the the quake was centered directly in Mineral, Va which is RIGHT THERE by the nuclear plant. Less then 5 miles.

link   
reply to post by the_journey_in

And Zimbabwe is not Tanzania.

We get to see Mugabe in the media every other month or so.

The Aliens probably landed in Tanzania first, but we will never know thanks to the media.

link   

Originally posted by ZombieWoof

Originally posted by Rkoje18

Does Uranus come into play here at all? I heard that if Pluto is aligned with Uranus that could be cause big problems. Uranus could be the source of all this crap!

i tried really hard not to laugh at this comment you posted....but couldn't help my self

edit on 23-8-2011 by Noobastronomer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyZain

I got out of my vehicle to check to see if someone was messing with me. :-)

Planet earth was! :p

link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
How much "frakking" for natural gas is going on near the quake area?

The extremely shallow depth is troubling on this one.

That is a fantastic question! I wondered myself.

link   
I guess the evil scientists at HAARP are turning against the US Government!?!

link   
I felt it in North Carolina in a pet smart.

link   
reply to post by SevenOhhTwo

hey i agree with you. I don't live in Japan, but this quake got my attention here in D.C. If anything, it brings you closer to what really was experienced there.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I grew up in Northern Virgina and spent my life on Lake Anna. The lake that cools the North Anna Nuclear Plant. Did anyone notice the the quake was centered directly in Mineral, Va which is RIGHT THERE by the nuclear plant. Less then 5 miles.

link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

Yea, that makes alot of sense. Because it's common knowledge that earthquakes only effect sinful white people. Glad you clarified that for everyone. That's exactly what this forum needs. More ignorant racists and religious fanatics to stir S**t up. You are a true creit to your kind.

link   
Felt pretty strongly here in suburban NY. First felt the back of a tall couch I was sitting on start to vibrate Then a lamp behind me on a glass table started wobbling and then the entire table (glass on metal base). Stood up and found ground shaking. Looked out window across Hudson River to see if I could see anything unusual (live about 20 miles from Indian Point) and then just stared at the lamp as it wobbled and calmed animals who were freaked. Was over in about a minute and then went to check on neighbors to ensure everyone was alright.

Gotta tell ya, seems kind of strange to me that it was so close yet far enough away from DC to be felt there but with minimal damage. Someone sending a message??? Not even turning on MSM as the onslaught of disinfo is sure to be non-stop ad nauseum. One good thing that came out of the shake is that it fixed my computer which wasn't working for the last few days after a few days' power loss due to flooding. Only booted up correctly once for 10 minutes but now seems to be fine!! Can get back on ATS!!!

This is a practice run, people. Get your wits about you and realize that calm and clear thinking is what will be required when something REALLY big hits!!

Peace,
Timidgal

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join