It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.9 Magnitude Quake Rocks Washington D.C. Region

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I think we should ask some well known musicians to get together and pen a song about this terrible disaster, then give all the money to the survivors.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I can only imagine what the 8.0 felt like when it popped on the New Madrid fault line in Tennessee.

link   
reply to post by Ventessa

I was thinking the same, the hurricane doesn't seem to be big news here on ATS... Even amongst the members on the East Coast... I would be worried if it was heading in my direction, it's like this quake is a massive distraction.

link   
I had the distinct displeasure of being on the phone with one of my dearest friends in Orange VA when the quake struck. There was a noise and I asked "what is that sound"...her response was one of the most terrified screams I've ever heard. She was screaming "boys get in here now" and the phone went dead.

It took about ten minutes to get back through to her. She and my god children are safe thank god. Something she said seriously worried me though so I thought I would turn to ATS for some help. She said the local media is reporting a "crack" in a nuclear power plant about an hour and a half or so away from her home.

I've checked the web and I see that there is an "event" at the nuclear power plant. I would like to know if any locals there have heard the word "crack" or if she just misheard the news.

link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Yup...

So far USGS is showing a 2.8 aftershock in the exact same spot.

Hopefully the Washington Monument can handle a few more little rumblings today...?

Is the washington Monument that special? I just hope the people get away injury free, i can careless about some stupid monument.. Sorry not trying to be mean, just some of these posts that im seeing on here are kinda ignorant.. lol

link   
Do any of you know how to find out if HAARP has been in use today,or recently? I've exhasuted myself searching here,and I'd like to see if others of you think there may be a connection with the weather/quakes going on over the past few hours..

Thank you,in advance,for your help and patience.

link   

Originally posted by goochball
I'm in pittsburgh and this scared the # out of me. First quake I have ever felt.

I'm in Pgh, too but didn't feel a thing. House a few doors down had their sofa move.

Go figure.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
ELENIN announcing her arrival...
Will get worse.

link   
Just heard about this, some friends say they felt it here in cleveland, ohio. I never did though.
edit on 23-8-2011 by hundredreas0ns because: spelling corrected

link   
What!!!!

FNC reports Washington Monument may be tilting from quake jolt

I would be curious to see how much it is leaning if at all.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS - Chuck Norris reported that he sneezed today causing the 5.9 earthquake in DC today, everything is ok.

link   
reply to post by the_journey_in

Survivors? Terrible disaster? This isn't Japan, broseph. There are no deaths reported, probably wont be any at all.

link   
Interesting news was posted a couple of days ago regarding strong solar winds coming our way August 22-24.

A double-barreled hole has opened up in the sun’s atmosphere and it is spewing a split-stream of solar wind toward Earth.

thewatchers.adorraeli.com...

link   
reply to post by patternfinder

If 80 tons can cause a 3.0, maybe the vactrain tubing between there and Colorado did implode,

I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Fnord!

link   

Originally posted by SevenOhhTwo

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
reply to post by SevenOhhTwo

I think the point is that people are overreacting. I was startled and for about a minute, a bit freaked out but then got excited we got to experience a tremor. But really, 200,000 died in Haiti and thousands perished in Japan. What happened here? A plate fell out of someones cabinet?

Absolutely agreed, i just can't stand how many ignorant posts, especially the people from California.. Posts like "I laugh at your guys' 5.9 earthquake we always get them here".. Ummmm no you fuc**** don't..
hi i guess you missed my post showing that in fact we do so heres your proof now To all the people claiming Cali hasn't had a quake in years here's a link newsjunkiepost.com... yeah and we didn't freak out about it the article is from Jun 14, 2010 at 9:38 pm so please if you don't know what your talking about please do us a favor and dont post stuff you have no clue about
edit on 23-8-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by atomicn
reply to post by loam

This is Gods way to show the white people that inhabit the region turn your wicked sinful ways. Or else expect a catastrophic event that will destroy everything.

You all have been warned. Stop sinning or else. Down with Greed. Down with Babylon . The whore of the World.

Show the "white people". Racist much.
And what about the Japanese.
The people of Puerto Rico, Chile, and China, and a gabillion other places that have experienced serious and more damaging quakes.
Please. Racist Troll.

link   
Double post which then triple posted! Never seen that before. Duplicates removed.
edit on 23-8-2011 by watcher3339 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by loam

I wonder if this earthquake is a result of the hydro-fracking going on in the surrounding States?

link   
Triple Posted! Which I have never seen happen before.
edit on 23-8-2011 by watcher3339 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Eastern NC and Central NC got about a min or 2 of rocking as well.

i just thought i had a dizzy spell at first, then everything started moving and making noise. it was awesome. definitely a first for me.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join