It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.9 Magnitude Quake Rocks Washington D.C. Region

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
Was reading the comments, and I too had a bad headache all day. Last night I felt really sick. Also, my pets have been acting strange for the past week. Wonder if they knew it was coming?

I had a bad headache too! But it might have been that 12 pack last night.

link   
Update on the reactors.

Update at 3:21 p.m. ET: Federal officials say two nuclear reactors at the North Anna Power Station in Louisa County, Va., near the epicenter of the quake, were automatically taken off line by safety systems around the time it struck, the Associated Press reports.

The Dominion-operated power plant is being run off of four emergency diesel generators, which supply power for critical safety equipment.

Nuclear Regulatory Commission spokesman Roger Hannah says the agency was not immediately aware of any damage at nuclear power plants in the Southeast. The NRC and Dominion are sending people to inspect the site.

content.usatoday.com...

link   

Originally posted by Bluedream54
I'm in Baltimore md and my whole business was shaking pretty violently for 20 sec or so
I can't make any phone calls or texts with my phone but I can use the internet on my phone.
Anyone else having the same problems?

While I didn't feel the quake, my cable phone line went down though my interent and actual cable are fine.
Was on cell phone (ATT) with another (ATT) and call dropped on their end and I can't reach them. But they didn't feel the quake so I am not worried.

SOLAR FLARES???

link   
USGS downgrades quake to 5.8

link   
reply to post by loam

Pennsylvania got it too.....they let all the Penn State students in State College PA, out of class.

link   
reply to post by SG-17

Lol thats where im headed if # gets real. Im in the valley in central PA, we felt it.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Dear Californians who always say so what...

We don't have faults here....
So where did it come from?

At least we don't have to worry about Pennsylvania becoming ocean front property.

LOL really
it came from Zeus! maybe you would prefer HAARP. No but it seems you now have to worry about what our cows call a foot message

edit on 23-8-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_journey_in
Quake is 1000 times less in magnitude than 9.0 in Japan. Basically not worth reporting. What I mean is, it wouldn't be reported if it was in Tanzania. You know?

If anything happened in Tanzania it wouldn't be reported.

Aliens could land and the media would ignore it.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I live between Akron and Cleveland in Ohio, my chair started rolling around.

link   
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this & appologize if they have but a few days ago they were saying solar winds from 2 coronal holes in the sun would be hitting around Aug. 23rd & 24th.

Went back to see if I could find the article on spaceweather.com then on google, NOTHING. I was able to cache one of the articles & read (through google search).

edit on 23-8-2011 by 0731JLVR because: edit

link   
Felt it here in Virginia Beach, BIG TIME!!! Never expected to feel one like that here!

link   
reply to post by loam

What sort of damage? Structural? Or just some broken glass. Big difference. I'm all the way in the Tri State area, and the glass at the bank was waving pretty intensely.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I survived the great north east earthquake of 2011! woohoo!

However... i didint feel jack crap! I feel cheated!

everyone else felt it, but this building i am in held in place like a rock...

can anyone explain that?

edit on 8/23/2011 by ugie1028 because: oops, added 2012, instead of 2011... LOL

link   
reply to post by ZombieWoof

This jumped out at me!!

I never get headaches. I had a terrible headache all day yesterday.

link   

Quake is 1000 times less in magnitude than 9.0 in Japan. Basically not worth reporting. What I mean is, it wouldn't be reported if it was in Tanzania. You know?

I cant stand posts like this.. Just because it hasn't topped the 9.0 doesnt mean we shouldnt report it. Its tied for the largest quake in the states history, thats enough to report.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Well my first post to the site......
Felt it in here in Cleveland and the first thing that came to my mind was "what about the Perry Power Plant"?

link   
*groan*

*rolls eyes*

I cannot believe ya'll are going to make me defend California

Not everyone from Cali or Cali born are this umm jerky. No matter how many quakes you have been in, they can still be scary. Especially when they are noisy quakes. Those are the worst and are quite scary!

Maybe I get a "get outta California" card because I have lived in Texas for what seems like forever

Bottom line, quakes are scary, especially for those not used to living with them.

Hang in there East Coast! It will be okay.

link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

If anything happened in Tanzania it wouldn't be reported.

Aliens could land and the media would ignore it.

This is not true. Aliens did land in Zimbabwe, a whole classroom of children observed, and it was reported in the media.

link   
reply to post by ZombieWoof

Funny you should mention that as I had a bad headache yesterday evening. Not the kind that couple of tylenols can fix.

link   

Originally posted by SG-17
I didn't feel it in central Pennsylvania. The Appalachian are solid as a rock.

You could def feel it here...they let all Penn State out of class

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join