It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.9 Magnitude Quake Rocks Washington D.C. Region

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by atomicn

No, because white people aren't the only people who live here. If you knew anything of the ignorance you speak, you would know God does not touch groups nor group people together. So if this was his punishment, he would not be targeting only white people. He would be targeting the collective failure of mankind. If anything, the majority population of the people where this earthquake hit its hardest were, in fact, black.

Do try to at least speak sensible when yous pew ignorance like that.

reply to post by The Sword

On the other hand, the epicenter was pretty close to DC, and it is one of the most heated elections and leaders in over a century.

There is certainly credible reason to include an invisible force. I recall 2 weak ago, in anger from the debt nonsense, I prayed the city would just fall already. I see it as no coincidence.
edit on 23-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by StolenGravity
Three Mile Island sent a message to their Engineer *family friend* telling him that they were at emergency level one, which is a low level emergency. Unfortunately their most experienced engineer is on vacation in California right now.

There's something highly and amusingly ironic about that.

link   

Originally posted by scottromansky
I felt it in northern nj and the cell phones are messed up, cant make or recieve calls, but texts are fine. Anyone know any info on cell towers being disrupted?

Voice and data/text run on two different systems (regardless of the carrier.) I would imagine that everyone hopped on their phones all at once, slaughtering the networks.

link   

Originally posted by JeepOrDie
As a Southern California resident, I must laugh at your 5.9. Funniest part was listening to the CNN news anchor say that this is a major quake that would take down buildings in California. Hype much CNN?

lol good times. Now take this small EQ and see how everyone is freaking out. now times that by a nuke attacke or EMP attack and really see how people will flip out

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

I was thinking that. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that (epicenter) area is populated with Mennenite communities.

Add- I'm in WV and didn't feel it. I was in a vehicle so I missed it. Been through a few in Cali so no big concerns yet. We'll see if they keep power to the generator at the nuke plant in Va though.
edit on 23-8-2011 by OuttaTime because: (no reason given)

link   
felt it in long island, it was almost as if i was on a boat, and a very gentle wave went underneath. it was a very unusual sensation. first thing i thought was ghosts, then i thought it might be an inner ear malfunction, then finally i remembered about earthquakes and looked it up.

link   
Northeast PA here. I didn't feel it. And, I already knew about Colorado from the other ATS post so I wouldn't have missed it if it were "feelable". I am in the mountains. People 20 minutes away in the valley very much felt it.

Head for the hills???

link   
Obama didn't listen to "we the people" so maybe he'll listen to mother nature to get back to Washington and fix the mess we're in...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'm about 55 miles south of you. Have some stuff on the floor, couldn't get hold of either of my teenage boys at home - cell service down - evacuated everything around here so traffic is a booger but I made it & all is well. Will have my guy check my chimney & foundation for structural damage tomorrow. Big deal for the east coast but I sat through worse when we lived in HI....and just think, we have Irene coming on Sunday!!! I LIVE FOR EXTREME WEATHER!!! Yeah, I'm a bit of a freak like that but I grew up in SE KS/NE OK....I've seen almost everything mother nature can throw my way - tornadoes, hurricanes, tropical storms, earthquakes, blizzards, ice storms, tsunami (OK, a little one :lol
. Now, where are my aftershocks??

link   
Hmm this reminds me of the video I saw where some guy called in saying his neighbor said to move away from the east coast, but would not speculate why. I can't find the dang video, but its weird too another hurricane headed that way.

link   
Felt it here in Southern Ohio as well...about 35 miles south of Columbus. From talking to people farther south of me by another, 15 miles or so, felt it pretty good there as well. Just a rolling and shaking...not very strong but enough to catch the attention of quite a few people.

link   
Im from Northern Virginia but live in FL. My parents are both only able to text me. My dad said the same thing that he ran out of his office in DC expecting to see a mushroom cloud. Funny everybody thought the same thing.

link   
reply to post by SevenOhhTwo

The soil on the West Coast is completely different than the East Coast. The East is on solid bedrock which transmits energy. The soil, known as loam, out west absorbs energy.

link   
reply to post by atomicn

"This is Gods way to show the white people that inhabit the region turn your wicked sinful ways. Or else expect a catastrophic event that will destroy everything.

You all have been warned. Stop sinning or else. Down with Greed. Down with Babylon . The whore of the World. "

Yeah, they probably said the same thing in 1897.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JeepOrDie
As a Southern California resident, I must laugh at your 5.9. Funniest part was listening to the CNN news anchor say that this is a major quake that would take down buildings in California. Hype much CNN?

O look another Ignorant California guy.. Hey guy when was the last time a 6 hit on land somewhere in California?? Wasn't it like 1989 or something? Thats over twenty years ago so dont sit there and act like you guys gets 5.0's everyday.. Why dont you go grab your surfboard, and go to the beach, and keep working on your tan douc**..

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Quake is 1000 times less in magnitude than 9.0 in Japan. Basically not worth reporting. What I mean is, it wouldn't be reported if it was in Tanzania. You know?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

yeah i guess 10 would be a bit high....could they have been on the upper floors of the white house and ran upstairs to go try to see what the heck was going on?

at-least the white house seemed to hold up well and didnt look like it was gonna fall over but im sure its been reinforced over the years

link   
I didn't feel it in central Pennsylvania. The Appalachian are solid as a rock.

link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

My cat is doing the same thing right now!

I had to shut him out of the bedroom.

link   
Hope everyones ok!
Living in WI,we dont have to go through things like this.
Stay safe and heads up for aftershocks.

Am I the only one who thinks things are beginning to pick up on this planet?

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join