It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Creepy 10/28/11 Website Mystery

page: 335
<< 332  333  334    336  337  338 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IQPREREQUISITE
LOL it is an answer for me..

i interpret this as either lucid dreaming or just plain relax, close my eyes, empty my thoughts and let the universe take over...

just a question though...what happens to the people who don't get to attain this 9th level of consciousness? Come 10/28...what will become of them? I mean, my grandpa for example, he's too old to be thinking and doing much...he just likes to sit around and look at the lawn...

What happens to people who are not aware of this?

I can only give you my personal opinion, IQ, and we all know by now I'm still learning, yes?

There is an innocence to the very young and the elderly. I like to think that innocence is valued and will be protected.

And yes, relax and let your mind do what is natural.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Nah, it's not there yet, unless it's somewhere in another post because you ran of space to type in that post?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
oct282011.com...

on the cat the side [....] means its a 4 letter word...the word is safe

oct282011.com...

is what you get whenever you add the 1234)* --- *(4321 to the end of the URL
edit on 9/4/2011 by Avianan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by comfortablynumb
Nah, it's not there yet, unless it's somewhere in another post because you ran of space to type in that post?

I don't think there's another post, but I will ask Grower when she is online tomorrow. The thread took off so quickly it has been near impossible to keep up with everything.

I know we found and discussed that page/song, but it has been many pages ago.

I'm sorry. I wish I could be more helpful

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
OK, that update is very interesting! He is talking about not sleep, but what can happen before when you are just looking at your closed eyelids. I've had some really vivid images doing this while taking mirtazipine, (wiki says: Mirtazapine has also occasionally been reported to cause mild hallucinogenic effects in some patients, including mental imagery, auditory and visual hallucinations.). I get nothing at all when not on any medicine, so maybe I'll see if I have any left and pop one tonight
I have some codeine for sure if not... I think staying up really late can work too, being really tired seems to make me that kind of crazy.
edit on 4/9/2011 by harpsounds because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by comfortablynumb

We have come across this before a few times. Other than identifying that it's an audio clip of Stairway to Heaven in reverse nothing has been gained from it so far.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avianan
oct282011.com...

Hello, Avianan, welcome! Thank you for sharing your find with us. We actually found that many pages ago..that's how we found the safe and learned we could enter codes to find other pages.

The link in my sig will take you to an (incomplete) recap of the pages found.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
If it's not depicting sleep it could be meditation. Telling us to meditate to the thought of the top of a pyramid.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
The hour is late and I must rest. The storms have returned to light up the night sky.

Good-night, thread friends, rest well.

May you find what you are looking for.

Peace

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonedlion
If it's not depicting sleep it could be meditation. Telling us to meditate to the thought of the top of a pyramid.

Perhaps it means that in that period just before waking, we are already in a state of meditation..or higher consciouness, yes?

Edit: I correct myself. That can't be the answer for we are not to sleep.
edit on 9/4/2011 by TNTarheel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
New message on the main page:

If there are an infinite amount of possibilities that exist, and observation changes that, then the mere conscious choice to be part of one or the other is possible. Those who aren't open will see no change.

The message from 9351 seems very relevant as well:

will only be open to those who are open to it

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TNTarheel

Good night! I'm not sure if you know or not, but tomorrow is an extra special Day.

edit on 9/4/2011 by stonedlion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TNTarheel

Originally posted by Avianan
oct282011.com...

Hello, Avianan, welcome! Thank you for sharing your find with us. We actually found that many pages ago..that's how we found the safe and learned we could enter codes to find other pages.

The link in my sig will take you to an (incomplete) recap of the pages found.

thanks! and sorry i didn't know there were that many pages! but thanks for the link! im trying to solve atm right now!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
New message on Manual #2 as well:

Need a helping hand? It's not a pyramid. See yourself to that point, and keep going, eventually, they'll reopen

Also the image alt states:

Look into it, until they open again

edit on 9/5/2011 by stonedlion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

The hour is late and I must rest. The storms have returned to light up the night sky.

Good-night, thread friends, rest well.

May you find what you are looking for.

Peace

Sweet dreams! : )

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stonedlion

My internet has been jumping off and on all day. I'm hopelessly behind in reading. I've been relying on Open and the site/pages to inform me this night.

I'm off to read your post. Thank you for linking it to me.

Edit: Yes! I did read that!! That and the link helped me greatly in my understanding. Thank you

edit on 9/4/2011 by TNTarheel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by IQPREREQUISITE

Sweet dreams! : )

Thank you, IQ, and to you as well

Peace

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The additions to the manual have been most helpful to me. It has been a most productful day for us, yes?

Good-night to all.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It's just a fun little puzzle ARG, I don't get why everyone is getting up about it. Go look back through the history of ARGs and they possess the same puzzles. This isn't anything to be concerning yourselves about except in a purely entertainment value. Guy did a lot of work and he isn't go to drop character to explain the whole thing. You just gotta figure it out and follow it through until the end. Commend the guy that created this and just enjoy the ride.

Alternately, I have been following this a little and I wonder if it is infact going anywhere or just milling about and running you all in circles until the effective advertising dates roll around. You guys might be pushing it too fast which is why there seems to be a lot of inexplicable pointless stuff being thrown at you lately...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Beginnings and Endings:
The Buddhist Mythos of the Arising and Passing Away of the World
published in Buddhist Perceptions of Desirable Societies in the Future: Papers prepared for the United Nations University, eds. Sulak Sivaraksa et al. IRCD: Bangkok, Thailand. 1993
James J. Hughes Ph.D.

The desperate irony of our day is that we humans have created a world system which we now treat as if it had a will of its own, a Frankenstein threatening to destroy its creator. The religious fantasies of our ancestors about fiery and icy destruction of the earth, by gods judging humanity, have now become real possibilities, except that these angry gods are simply our own ideological, economic and military systems, the material aspects of our alienation from reality.
The practice of Buddhism involves a fearless analysis of things, of their causes and effects, of the beginnings and endings in the process of becoming. For the Buddhist, the "inner" psychological world cannot be divided from the "outer" material world, understanding the interdependence of mind and world, and all things, is central to the Buddhist struggle to overcome suffering and bring about peace. Penetrating analysis based on such "correct views" allows us to see the dense network of "causes" and conditions that make up today's destructive system, to see its individual elements and its complex whole. Only then can we overcome fear, despair, confusion and dogmatism and effectively work on personal/social transformation.
The Buddhist teachings on the arising and passing away of the world were given for the sole purpose of establishing such a correct understanding and practice. The scriptures examined here were designed to overturn oppressive, primitive views on the nature of self, society and nature and orient us towards a transformative vision, they were not an exercise in speculation about cosmology.
The Buddha rejected speculation for its own sake in the story of the monk who demanded to know from the Buddha whether the world was eternal or not, and whether an enlightened person reincarnates. Since the monk's inquiry was merely for intellectual entertainment, and not an attempt to establish "correct view" the Buddha compared him to a man shot by an arrow. Rather than pull the arrow out, the man demands to know the name, family, village and race of the archer, the components of the arrow, and whether indeed it is an arrow. People who persist in asking such questions, says the Buddha, like this wounded but stubborn man, will die without knowing the answers.
I am one who says: whether the world is eternal or not, there is birth and death, and suffering and woe, and lamentation and despair. What I teach is the means that lead to the destruction of these things.
Remember therefore that what I have said, I have said, and what I have not said I have not said. Why didn't I answer these questions? Because they are not profitable, not the principle of the holy life, they do not lead to peace, to supreme wisdom, to Nibbana.
Majjhima Nikaya 163
But the Buddha did teach on these questions when it helped to establish correct view. The revered scholar, Buddhaghosa, who systematized the Buddhist teachings ten centuries after the Buddha, notes:
As long as a person is vague about the world, About its origin, About its ceasing, and about the means that lead to its cessation He cannot recognize the truths. Visuddhimaggha
Examples of those "who are vague", according to Buddhaghosa, are those who believe the world was created and will be destroyed by an omnipotent Being or Basic Principle, those who say the world comes from Time, or from Nature, or from the essential natures of things, fatalists who hold that the world is composed of atoms which are determined by past causes, or those who preach that all is the result of chance.
The Buddhist creation and destruction mythos should not be approached in the literal way that many Christians interpret the Bible, rejecting scientific views, and resigning oneself to the inevitable Apocalypse since current events are signs of the coming of the End. Rather, the Buddha taught with a great tolerance for traditional beliefs, adapting the message through different symbols to fit different levels of understanding and different cultures. His use of mythology was creative and allegorical, designed to create correct attitudes but not to be argued over as verifiable history. The Buddha reveals the humor of the storyteller in these stories, not the dogmatism of the prophet.

new topics

top topics

<< 332  333  334    336  337  338 >>

join