It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 flashing orange orbs east bound 84 degrees in Georgia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TLOCKE

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=12134517#pid12134517

Here is a thread under yours that has a video. Is this what you saw possibly???

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by iSwag

Cool, small world. I'm in the same area you are. I have seen the same things before though not recently I posted a thread about it a few years ago under a different name that I don't even remember anymore.

Scared the hell out of me but I remember it was only a single orange orb pulsating. Another one I saw that I have been unable to corroborate with other people here was an arrangement of 3 red lights (most likely one object). There was no flashing nor was there any form of discernible noise coming from the craft also occured in the Roswell, GA area, posted it to MUFON but didn't really want to go any further and have a full investigation into it as my parents (was ~15) would have thought I was even nuttier than they previously thought

EDIT: Just wanted to add, I am incredibly envious of those of you that have a legitimately dark sky to look at, here on the darkest of nights I bet I could tally up how many stars are visible and it'd probably be less than 50 (IF that).
edit on 23-8-2011 by vulpesinculta because: blahblah

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NightFlight

Don't you think I know what's around me? I see those described aircraft all of the time. I know what airspace they occupy. They follow very predictable flight paths.

In the sky last night were objects in a part of the sky that usually have no activity. No strobing lights to indicate them as military, or civilian aircraft. I have said it before an I will say it again, this area is a huge farming community. Most of the airports we have discussed earlier have only small crop duster like planes.

I am no embassal sir, I always bite my tongue before I calculate the facts. Nothing our world has today, can describe what I saw. Not to mention, earlier in my life I have seen one of these orbs hovering over my field, got a pretty good look at it, they are just balls of light.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hold on kind sir, I'm on your side!

Just want to eliminate the obvious and maybe not so obvious when it comes to identification.

Military aircraft have to have at least one light on (when not on a mission) and usually it is red, flashing or steady or a combination of the two. Lately, I have seen them with an orange light, flashing and steady, and both times were helicopters.

What do you think they were?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TLOCKE

Don't you think I know what's around me? I see those described aircraft all of the time. I know what airspace they occupy. They follow very predictable flight paths.

In the sky last night were objects in a part of the sky that usually have no activity. No strobing lights to indicate them as military, or civilian aircraft. I have said it before an I will say it again, this area is a huge farming community. Most of the airports we have discussed earlier have only small crop duster like planes.

I am no embassal sir, I always bite my tongue before I calculate the facts. Nothing our world has today, can describe what I saw. Not to mention, earlier in my life I have seen one of these orbs hovering over my field, got a pretty good look at it, they are just balls of light.

Our world does have orange lights

That is what you saw...you dont know what they were from but you do know they were orange lights of some sort.

3 orange pulsating orbs of light

You have discounted every thing i have said, and now the same with another user who has an opposing view.
I didnt realise there were quite so many military bases near you....i think that adds weight to is being a plane, helicopter or....even an experimental craft.

EDIT: Apache helicopters are nearly silent...hence they are called silent killers, they sit back from upto 5 miles away and kill everything they need to without even being seen or heard.
Im sure there was a variation of it called the AH64D, which was even more quiet.
If its over your head you would hear it...but if it were a couple of miles away you wouldnt.
edit on 23-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Orbs of light. Helicopters are really noisy

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

Fantastic on the dancing stars .... I live in North GA and I've been seeing these "dancing" stars for Months and months now, the other night they were really very active, over 10 of them moving around, a few were pulsating orange in color . How long have you been noticing these "stars" ?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by iSwag

Read my U2U, i cant be bothered posting it here as i would imagine a part of it may cause me to be banned....na not really lol

I U2U'd it to you because i dont want to be trolled again by all you guys and girls that are adamant i am wrong.

The dude was wrong in what he said, i proved this later on in the thread but a very nice mod deleted it by mistake....and yes...it was a mistake this is confirmed by aforementioned mod

What do you think it is if its not a plane or helicopter then?? Id like to know...honestly

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
2nd warning

Stay off each other's back and stick to the topic.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TLOCKE

From what ive read you saw some orange lights from a fair distance away, you cant tell what they are...but they are definitely not of this world.

So....what are they in your opinion?? Are they alien ships?? Are they aliens out of ships?? Are they bigfoot??
Come on..at least tell me what your opinion is
Ive told you mine

EDIT: Just noticed this lil titbit in one of your posts and wondered if you could explain something....

What else could they have been? Moving flares passing the sound barrier?

Did you hear sonic booms? Is this how you determined they/it was travelling faster than sound?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by masqua
2nd warning

Stay off each other's back and stick to the topic.

Note to Mod. I was very pleased to see this thread started last night, as I too live up in this area. I thought how great, others in my general area can have a nice neighborly discussion on "our neck of the woods" night sky.

Unfortunately, someone who lives in the UK, no offense to UK, decided to counter just about every post we've made with his agenda. I can only see his agenda as being to totally derail this thread by being confrontational and condescending. I soon saw what his intentions were, and gave up trying to explain " my neck of the woods/area" to him. How sad....this could have been an informative, and interesting thread.

Bright Blessing.

Des
edit on 23-8-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Giving logical explanations for what are only described as lights in the night sky is by no means derailing a thread.
What have any of you offered up as an explanation??? Nothing

Ive linked to sources, posted images, discussed possible things that these/this could be...if anything you could call it constructive criticism.
If i did as you said...all of my posts would have been removed and id have been banned.

Just because you do not agree with me doesnt mean im not right

Someone posted a list of bases (army) nearby to the location, this only strengthens my argument for helicopters or planes. Unless you look at it from another view....the army bases have UFO's...spaceships there and they take them out for a spin every now and then.

Did you take you time to read through all the new posts? What do YOU think they are??

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

A friendly reminder...

...to stick to the issue at hand and refrain from attacking one another. This is also a good time to remind everyone that this is posted at the top of each thread in this forum:

Aliens and UFOs: This forum is dedicated to the discussion of historic and contemporary events related to extraterrestrial encounters, UFO sightings, and speculation about related subjects. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of the existence of extraterrestrials and the related conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of our tradition of supporting the examination of the extraterrestrial phenomenon on the related conspiracy theories, cover-ups, and scandals. Replies that make fun or otherwise ridicule and demean those posting honest experiences and/or questions will be removed. Members who post such responses repeatedly will be banned.

In short, all points of view are welcome provided they are civil, on topic and are within the spirit of the T&C.

Further personal attacks or attempts to derail this thread by any side will result in staff action. Consider this fair warning.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Nice way too try and call out all nuts or believers in ga, i love conspiracy forums if it is a conspiracy lets tell the gov where we live so they can find us and probe us. Too late you probably have facebook also.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I visited your thread earlier and honestly didn't take it too serious, but before I turn off the computer I decided to check youtube, I found a recent video of something like you described (maybe). Orange orbs too.

It's in Tarragona, Spain.

SM2

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I also live in the area, I live on the east side of Albany. One thing people are not realizing as i see the comments about planes lined up on approach or military planes etc. Let me explain this regions, it is very rural, especially Dawson. The airport in Dawson is primarily there for crop dusters and the ocassional person that can affors a small cessna or a piper cub or some other small plane. In Albany, yes we have a larger airport, but as the OP has already pointed out, they only have a few flights a day that shuttle to hartsfield-jackson in Atlanta. At the time the OP saw the lights, the shuttles had stopped for the day. We also have a UPS and Fed ex cargo flight but those arrive at 4 and 5 am respectively. The local military base in Albany is a marine corps logistics base, there is no airfield and there are no choppers. When they need to airlift anything out, it goes by truck to the airport in albany. The next closest military base with an airfield would be either Robins AFB in Warner Robins or Moody AFB in Valdosta, and we rarely have any of their flight missions in our area.

For the sake of argument, if it were the shuttle enroute to or from Atlanta, the heading would not correlate to the heading of the sighting of the OP. So to sum it up, the airport in Albany (southwest georgia regional) does not ever have enough traffic to cause any planes to be lined up on approach or in a holding pattern. They have about 14 flights ( total arriving and departing) daily Dawson even less.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SM2

Thank You SM2...I tried in vain to explain our area up here last night.

Top of Blood Mountain...Suches

Des

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by SM2

Thank You SM2...I tried in vain to explain our area up here last night.

Top of Blood Mountain...Suches

Des

Dang wish I had saw this thread last night, i'm a little north of you guys outside of Blue Ridge but im very familiar with the areas where you live. I could have looked out and maybe helped verify.

I know the army used to train out past the fish hatchery, used to watch the rangers parachute out of helicopters when I was a kid, not sure if they still train out there now.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join