It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 flashing orange orbs east bound 84 degrees in Georgia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedebater
There is no way in hell that it could have been a plane whatsoever. I also live beside an airport full of single engine planes in the low midlands of the state where there is only crops and flat straight roads. Single engine air planes do not fly high and when they get up to maximum altitude they make a distinct buzzing sound and move at a quite slow pace. Where as jets with bigger engines move a little faster yet fly higher and still make a very distinct loud roar in the sky. Both of these planes have white, blue and red flashing lights that flash in a sequence. it's not random and does not perform any kind of odd light show that a UFO would. So before you start blabbing on about these things you call "facts" look it up!

Oh really LOL. And how have you came to that conclusion? Has the OP showed you videos or pictures that i have not seen???

Jets are a lot faster, thats why they were invented...durgh

You got the lights colour coding wrong too
Red, white......GREEN. Your mistaking runways for planes now

Show me where i posted saying " this is a fact "
I posted assumptions/ideas based on known facts.

These facts are :

Planes fly in the sky, day and night
There are 6 airports which could account for a plane nearby

edit on 23-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: to add nearby...obviously there are thousands of airports worldwide

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I'm in NGA and I've been outside several times tonight, but it's too creepy out there tonight for me. I noticed it Saturday night too - lots of creep out there.

It's been really dry for weeks now here, and it's strange. I think they've got Haarp on trying to bounce hurricanes away from Florida & the gulf. 3 years or so now with hardly any rain this time of year and no hurricanes - kinda weird. Makes me wonder if those 2 orange orbs were the ionosphere heating up, lol.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
No airplane has a green light on it. Neither does the runway. And that's what i mean. Your "assumptions/ideas" based on "known facts" is wrong. Plain and simple. Air planes, single engine or jet liner, make noise in the sky and flash in sequence and very bright. Also you can clearly identify a plane in the sky at night, and they do not have orange lights pulsating in formation.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TLOCKE

What you are describing sounds exactly like what my girlfriend and I saw a week and a half ago. I posted about what we saw here and this is even more intriguing.

To add a little more to what we saw. The third ball was farther behind and moved fast and caught up with the other two. They then continued on in a triangular formation until behind the trees. I had thought they might be those chinese lanterns but then they would just go up in the air and not straight like they did. I also ran around the other side of the house when they went behind the trees and they were gone!

The pictures that I took and posted turned out crappy and look like they are at a much farther distance than they were. I find it strange that in the pictures they look very small almost as if they are far off in the distance like stars.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

No airplane has a green light on it. Neither does the runway. And that's what i mean. Your "assumptions/ideas" based on "known facts" is wrong. Plain and simple. Air planes, single engine or jet liner, make noise in the sky and flash in sequence and very bright. Also you can clearly identify a plane in the sky at night, and they do not have orange lights pulsating in formation.

Sorry but commercial planes DO have green lights on them.

[

Aviation navigation lights

Aircraft navigation lights are placed in a way similar to that of marine vessels, with a red navigation light located on the left wingtip leading edge and a green light on the right wingtip leading edge. A white navigation light is as far aft as possible on the tail or each wing tip.[3] High-intensity strobe lights are located on the aircraft to aid in collision avoidance.[4]

Navigation lights in civil aviation are required to be turned on from sunset to sunrise. High-intensity white strobe lights are part of the anti-collision light system, as well as the aviation red or white rotating beacon. The anti collision light system (either strobe lights or rotating beacon) is required for all airplanes built after March 11, 1996 for all flight activities in poor visibility, and recommended in good visibility, where only strobes and beacon are required. An example of this would be just before push back, (push and start) the beacon lights are required, to notify ground crews that the engines are about to be started. These beacon lights will stay on for the duration of the flight. While taxiing, the taxi lights are activated. When coming onto the runway, the taxi lights are deactivated and the landing lights and strobes are activated. When passing 10000 feet (or FL100) the landing lights are no longer required, and can be turned off at the pilots discretion. The same cycle works when landing, but in reverse order. There are also other non-navigational lights on civilian commercial airliners. These include the logo lights which illuminate the company logo on the tail fin of the aircraft. These lights are optional to be turned on, however though most pilots switch them on at night for noticeable visibility from other aircraft. Modern airliners also have a wing light. These are positioned on the outer side just in front of the engine cowlings on the fuselage. These are not required to be turned on, but in some cases pilots turn these lights on for engine checks and also while passengers board the aircraft for better visibility of the ground near the aircraft.

Wiki Link (Navigation Lights) - scroll to the bottom

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Stop with the personal attacks, please.

The goading in this thread is palpaple.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
No single engine planes have a green light where I am currently living. So before you start attacking me, think about what you are saying. I was just trying to clarify what the guy who started this thread saw last night.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

No single engine planes have a green light where I am currently living. So before you start attacking me, think about what you are saying. I was just trying to clarify what the guy who started this thread saw last night.

Sorry but is there a need to requote my reply to you, or did you read it?

To me it clearly states Aviation navigation lights are Red on the left, ang Green on the right, even in Civil aviation.
Please reread the piece i quoted from Wikipedia instead of dismissing and saying single engine planes don't have them. Because they actually do.

This is not a PERSONAL attack on you, but on the fact that you claim civil aircraft don't have green lights.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I live beside an airport and see them flying every night, but have yet to notice a green light, yet they might be there, My mistake. And yes i did click on your link.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Oh my!!!!!!!!! Why do people come on here and tell someone who just saw an unidentified flying object that it was a plane? Ok....so it could have been....but WHY argue about it when you obviously you do not know the area and do not know WHAT was seen. I have read three pages of the OP defending what he/she saw all the while someone saying the opposite and just wanting to argue! UGH! That drives me crazy in a thread.

ANYWAYS....... It seems as if more and more are being sighted these days. Are we becoming more aware or are we truly seeing more?

Are they from our Government?

Who knows.....all I know is I have been star gazing and not seeing a thing other than a plane. Most of us can indeed tell what a plane looks like as we have grown up with the images. The image of a UFO is not seen that often so they are identified as weird objects flying around easily!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Its not attacking....its educating

Lets try and stay on topic now...in your case, start to stay on topic

I think my theory is the most plausible....planes are often mistaken for something they are not.
Many videos claiming to be UFO's are just planes. They can give the impression they are something they are not for a number of reasons. The most common one is zooming in on a light from miles away, this makes the sensors in the camera go wonky, gives off artifacts.

Heres an example of this

This person believes that the orb changes into a plane.

Heres another example

Once again because they have zoomed in and the camera is trying to focus on the most prominent feature...the lights, its not until its closer till the camera can actually focus enough to see the wings behind the lights. You wont see the blinking lights until this point.

I know this dude didnt put videos up, but perspective plays a big part in all of this. Lights from miles away are normally planes or helicopters.

The OP states there were a few lights in a line...at airports they stack planes up if the runway is busy. I see it often near where i live (not above...near). Next time i see it i will film it and post it

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I agree with you 100% I'm glad we are on the same level here

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

No matter what you say, what video you post, or what pictures you put on here the fact remains that YOU did NOT see it.....someone else did. You were not there. You cannot prove either way so just chill with trying to prove it was not a UFO. You simply are wasting your time. There is no picture or video to actually SEE what the op saw. I am not trying to upset you in any way. I have read three pages of you trying to prove a theory that cannot be proven.

The fact remains there have been sightings of UFO's in our History that cannot be identified.

What the OP saw may or may not be a plane....we will never know. The OP saw it and if he/she feels it was a UFO...who am I (or you) to say it wasn't?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Oh my!!!!!!!!! Why do people come on here and tell someone who just saw an unidentified flying object that it was a plane? Ok....so it could have been....but WHY argue about it when you obviously you do not know the area and do not know WHAT was seen. I have read three pages of the OP defending what he/she saw all the while someone saying the opposite and just wanting to argue! UGH! That drives me crazy in a thread.

ANYWAYS....... It seems as if more and more are being sighted these days. Are we becoming more aware or are we truly seeing more?

Are they from our Government?

Who knows.....all I know is I have been star gazing and not seeing a thing other than a plane. Most of us can indeed tell what a plane looks like as we have grown up with the images. The image of a UFO is not seen that often so they are identified as weird objects flying around easily!!!

This is a conspiracy forum...the purpose is to discuss these things. Sometimes it wont go the way you want and you will be told things you dont want to hear or dont believe.
I dont want to argue, i want to get to the bottom of it. I am a believer, but i wont just believe any old story. If theres a logical reason for the lights il aim to find it...i wont just say, oh yea its a UFO...il try and identify it

I put forward valid points, but i was ganged up on because i didnt agree with the OP or the other posters.

You have people who will post anything, ive seen lights...i dont post about them though because after a little bit of research i always find a reason behind them, thus making them not UFO's.

I personally believe that sighting have increased for a number of reasons.

People dont feel like a nutter posting claims of UFO's nowadays because everything in the news and on the internet.(anonymous behind a screen)
Most people have a camera, so they use them without knowing how to use them properly.
It makes people feel they have a purpose, these things visit them all the time...they are special.
People want to see something that is not there to add weight to their beliefs.

Why post a thread if you dont want constructive criticism???

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I live in Oxfordshire, UK and I've seen many of these orange orbs, although not for quite a while now. They are clearly not any type of conventional aircraft, yet display decision in their motion. I have twice witnessed a series of these orbs tracing the same path, one after the other. One night my attention was drawn to them by a ploice helicopter that was out observing them and they were only a couple of hundred metres away from me, at the most.

Based of some of the responses I've seen on ATS whenever these orbs are mentioned, I'd deduce that they are something of a sensitive subject to some people.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I understand what you are saying but if you can't prove either way....and you made your point about a "plane"....why keep beating a dead horse?

You cannot prove either way...so let it go is all I am saying. Lights, orbs, plane, UFO...who knows.....we don't. Period.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
East of you is Fort Stewart with a boatload of helicopters and utes.

East Notheast of you is Robins AFB with KC's and E8's.

East Southeast of you is Moody AFB and with what I think you saw - A10 Warthogs.

Georgia has a lot of military aircraft flying around at any given time.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TLOCKE
reply to post by iSwag

Were they pulsating in the 2 to 3 second interval as I described above?

Nope. Just same color, floating as if they were "chinese lanterns" but there is no way it was them because when you release chinese lanternts, most likely it's gonna be like 50 or more....Not 6? I dunno but it was a sick experience!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join