It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. about to steal 144 TONS of gold from Libya!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorVeritas
reply to post by Signals

Heck yeah! I hope we take it, we're gonna need it since we're switching to the gold standard within 5 years!!

think you need to re-read his post.

It says the UN, not the US.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Ive heard UN spelled backwards is USA, or was that NATO spelled backwards...

Either way, im shocked to even see we have 8 thousand tons of gold...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by Never Despise
Gold is one part of the equation.

ISRAEL is the other...

Care to elaborate on this one?

Maybe a source?

Wihtout a source people are going to assume somehow that Israel is being influenced by HAARP and Comet Elenin and we dont need another 500 threads on that.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

here is a great source . Just one of many
www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Kinda like how MasterCard and PayPal stole all that money from WikiLeaks and Julian Assange?

Hell, after the UN froze it, did you ever expect it to go back to Libya? The second they froze it they moved it all to Fort Knox to replace all their vaults.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Can you clarify for me on your source. Ithas nothing to do with Libya, unless im missing a connection somewhere?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by isthisreallife

They refuses to process incoming donations, they didnt seize the money already in the accounts. Unless your referring to something else that occured that was never reported.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Wow, I can't believe I am posting a link, apparently just for you:

online.wsj.com...

Wall Street Journal, one of many thousands I could dig up.

I have a very good understanding of how the United Nations works....as for your "U.N. has no standing army" comment...wow, just wow. What do you think the U.S. military is?!??!?

Please don't cloud up a thread with such comments that spew ignorance of what is really going on in our world.

I guess you support bombing Syria next?

Anyways, you have accomplished a fair amount of derailment here already, I can't entertain your posts anymore....

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
How did the U.S. get approval to invade Iraq?

The U.N.

Er, no he didn't. The UN famously didn't vote for the invasion and the US and UK went alone.

Who did Obama himself say gave him approval to start bombing Libya?

The U.N.

Well, yes, the UN gave the tacit approval, but I might point out here that the BULK of the bombing has been done by the UK and France. US involvement has been very much on the back seat since NATO took over command.

And why would they go to all this trouble to steal a measly 144 tons of gold? It's chump change in terms of the national budgets of all concerned. It's like me, with a nicely paid job, punching and beating up an 8 year old to steal his £2 pocket money.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I have a very good understanding of how the United Nations works....as for your "U.N. has no standing army" comment...wow, just wow. What do you think the U.S. military is?!??!?

That is wonky logic. On the one hand, the US is famously anti-UN and often works contrary to it. But in this regard, you think the US is the UN's standing army? Then pray tell, why does the US never commit tropps to UN command or peacekeeping duties?

I guess you support bombing Syria next?

Chance would be a fine thing, but Russia has Syria's back, so we won't get UN approval for that one. Kind of blows your theory out of the water, doesn't it?

Anyways, you have accomplished a fair amount of derailment here already, I can't entertain your posts anymore....

So, basically you have encountered intelligent and well thought out opinions which point out the fallacy in your claims, so your going to put your fingers in your ears and go "lalalalalalala"....

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Yeah the source is the wall street jouranl, is dated March 2011 and references the exact same security councel resolutions I posted.

Your sources still have absolutely nothing to do with the UN stealing gold, in any way shape or form.

The UN does NOT have a standing military. Member nations contribute segemnts of their military to UN operations. Military units can be yanked at any point by the home country. Un charter clearly established the authority of the state to exercise control over their militaries.

So all the smoke and mirrors aside, you have not addressed any of the issues. You claim the UN is stealing Gold, when you have no sources to support that claim. When asked about the UN, you respond by typing UN in bold and large font, which again does not adress / support your claims. Finally, you link me to an article from march that has already been posted by virture of the UN resolutions.

So I ask again, what, other than fearmongering and distorting facts, are you trying to accomplish in this thread? I have no intentions ofl eaving the thread since the point of this site is to be able to bring up points (yours) and to debate / debunk / confim and discuss.

Your thread is nothing but an article discussing one topic that you have managed to spin into something else entirely.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

And why would they go to all this trouble to steal a measly 144 tons of gold? It's chump change in terms of the national budgets of all concerned. It's like me, with a nicely paid job, punching and beating up an 8 year old to steal his £2 pocket money.

Because Chavez called their bluff and wants all of his gold sent home. TPTB can't afford to come up with this gold (they ain't got it!), so what better way to pay off Chavez and keep the market stable and rising?

To your other point, bullies are bullies, they can't help it. Do you think bullies really need all of the weak kids' lunch money?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

How are you going from the UN is stealing gold to venezuela recalling its gold reserves back from the UK and the US? Gold reserves of MANY countries are often kept in other countries with a history of domestic political / military stability.

The simple fact venezuela made the request, and countries are complying with still does not support your claim the UN is stealing gold. Better yet, point out where the UN holds ANY gold of member nations?

Your thread is about Libya, and you cant even support your own OP and source, so now your going to shift the conversation to Venezuela and its gold reserves?

The term is called grasping at straws... When you can better articulate youtr argument and supply sources that actually support your claims, then by all means, please go do that so we can get back to whatever the topic of this thread is supposed to be.

As of now this thread belongs in the hoax forum since its apparent its goal is that of subterfuge to paint a picture using legitimate news sources taken out of context in an effort to paint an untrue picture = propoganda.

I really wish people would quit trying to hide alterior meanings in threads.. You hate America and most likely other western countries. If thats the case, thats fine, just come out and say it. I and others would respect that position more than the game of cloak and dagger.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

lol @ you

Yet Chavez Gold isnt in Libya

from the link the OP provided

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez ordered his government to repatriate $11 billion in gold held in banks abroad to safeguard the country from the economic crisis and said he’ll nationalize the local gold industry.

>

Venezuela has about 211 tons of its 365 tons of gold reserves held abroad at institutions including the Bank of England, JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), Barclays Plc (BARC), Standard Chartered Plc (STAN) and the Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS), according to a government document
<

www.bloomberg.com...

edit on 21-8-2011 by Ellen15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

So, basically you have encountered intelligent and well thought out opinions which point out the fallacy in your claims, so your going to put your fingers in your ears and go "lalalalalalala"....

NO, absolutely not, quite the contrary....

I've been around here long enough to spot someone who just wants to argue...I believe we have a word for it....*cough* *cough*, and I can choose when I am done with a particular poster in one of my threads.

I don't have time to lift rocks off of people that have been living under them. I also don't have time to listen to pro-war rhetoric, it's killing our once great nation.

Sometimes people just believe everything their MSM feeds them, what can you do?

(no offense meant to you, but you asked)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

Please quote where I stated Chavez's gold is in Libya.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Your making out like Chavez is doing all this because of Libya and the UN blah blah

When for Chavez this has been on the cards for awhile

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

NO, absolutely not, quite the contrary....

I've been around here long enough to spot someone who just wants to argue...I believe we have a word for it....*cough* *cough*, and I can choose when I am done with a particular poster in one of my threads.

I don't have time to lift rocks off of people that have been living under them. I also don't have time to listen to pro-war rhetoric, it's killing our once great nation.

Sometimes people just believe everything their MSM feeds them, what can you do?

(no offense meant to you, but you asked)

Actually wehat you are saying is any person who shows intelligence towards you and picks apart your position is to be ignored by you because you can defend that position. Thats fine, as it occurs quite often in these threads from people who want to push their agenda as fact and not have it challeneged.

If you truely beleive in what you are saying, then by all means, counter my info with facts, and not your opinion.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

And look at Lebanon, Syria can't be too far down the list.
SnF

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I think I understand now, ATS.

Apparently some of you already drank your kool-aid.

Al Qaeda is bad...unless they are in Libya, in which case they are good, because they want to topple Gaddafi.

Terrorism is bad, unless it can be used for an ends to a mean.

Also, if you don't support wars of aggression in the Middle East, and surrounding areas, you are un-patriotic.

The U.N. is good, as well as NATO, because they help our United States Government protect our freedoms.

When TPTB authorize bombing/invading another country, it will be good, because they have our best interests at heart.

Everything is better in Egypt, now that Mubarak is gone.

Also, the gold market has never been manipulated, that would be silly.

/ sarcasm

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Which is all fine and dandy but it doesnt explain why you are posting information that is innacurate and or not true? If the goal is to find the truth, then whats the problem with challeneging sources? i find it intresting that you wi8ll go off on people drinking cool aid and trusting main stream media when its used against your argment, yet its not beneath you to invoke main stream media articles when it supports your position.

So which is it? Western media can or cannot be trusted and why do you have a double standard with it?

if they hold up under scrutiney it just reinforces what you are trying to say. To dimiss that though undermines your thread and your stated position. You are trying to silence opposition to your point by painting them as somethingnthey are not..

You know, like you accuse others of doing in your sarcastic rant.

Ironic

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join