It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maple trees dropping leaves left and right.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Another reason I don't think it's heat and lack of water is my echinacea. It's dying and this is an established patch of it. It's a drought resistant plant. I've never seen it look like this even in the fall.

Another thing I noticed way back in June is the shade isn't where it has always been. We had some prime parking spots in the summer everyone wanted at work. Your car would be shaded during the hotest parts of the day. The same trees the same parking spots but the shade doesn't touch your car hardly. Not like it use to. Even the trees around my house are putting the shade on the house like they use to during the hottest part of the day. Have all these earthquakes changed our ordit and it's having an effect? I don't know but something is causing this I'm just not sure what.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by napayshni57
reply to post by Iwinder

Another reason I don't think it's heat and lack of water is my echinacea. It's dying and this is an established patch of it. It's a drought resistant plant. I've never seen it look like this even in the fall.

Another thing I noticed way back in June is the shade isn't where it has always been. We had some prime parking spots in the summer everyone wanted at work. Your car would be shaded during the hotest parts of the day. The same trees the same parking spots but the shade doesn't touch your car hardly. Not like it use to. Even the trees around my house are putting the shade on the house like they use to during the hottest part of the day. Have all these earthquakes changed our ordit and it's having an effect? I don't know but something is causing this I'm just not sure what.

That is what I have been saying here all along, we water our yard till the sun goes down here almost daily.
Yet the newspaper I linked to claims it is drought.........not a chance of that here.
Yet others are telling us it is heat stress..........could be but it sure is the first time this has ever ever happened here.
Thanks for posting some good information.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
How about contacting the great prophet "Google"? The OP's post as well as the post about Poplar trees both point to Larvae. In fact, it can even tell you how do determine the cause and type of Larvae.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Tomatoes does not do well, if it is over 84 F ( 29 C ) degrees.
That's why I doesn't get any tomatoes in the summer, here in Florida.
I can only grow them in late winter, and early spring.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It isn't drought (although drought is bad and can show up several seasons after it occurs). It isn't drought because plants in pots being watered and young trees in nurseries have the same damaged foliage as older trees in the ground.

And the light hasn't changed, the tree canopies are thin because they are dying. They put out fewer leaves, they drop leaves they do put out, and the individual leaves are smaller than normal, so more light is getting through to places that used to be shady.

The trees are damaged from decades of exposure to air pollution. No different than someone who smokes cigarettes for years and then gets emphysema or lung cancer.

witsendnj.blogspot.com...

Gail in New Jersey at Wit's End

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by anton74
How about contacting the great prophet "Google"? The OP's post as well as the post about Poplar trees both point to Larvae. In fact, it can even tell you how do determine the cause and type of Larvae.

Hello anton74 since you took the time to read my OP you might want to also read the link provided, and this link as well here.
www.lfpress.com...
Please read the thread all the way through if you have time.
By the way welcome to ATS and enjoy the ride.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomten
reply to post by Human0815

Tomatoes does not do well, if it is over 84 F ( 29 C ) degrees.
That's why I doesn't get any tomatoes in the summer, here in Florida.
I can only grow them in late winter, and early spring.

Thanks so much for your posts to my thread here.........I don't know what is going on with our tomatoes but we have never had so many green ones and no ripe ones this time of year.
We have had in the past many many hot summers here, never ever affected our tomatoes or the trees.
I really do appreciate the input tomten!
I also have never been to Florida so I take you know what you're talking about here.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 23-8-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WitsEndNJ
It isn't drought (although drought is bad and can show up several seasons after it occurs). It isn't drought because plants in pots being watered and young trees in nurseries have the same damaged foliage as older trees in the ground.

And the light hasn't changed, the tree canopies are thin because they are dying. They put out fewer leaves, they drop leaves they do put out, and the individual leaves are smaller than normal, so more light is getting through to places that used to be shady.

The trees are damaged from decades of exposure to air pollution. No different than someone who smokes cigarettes for years and then gets emphysema or lung cancer.

witsendnj.blogspot.com...

Gail in New Jersey at Wit's End

I am glad you came back to this thread, hell yes you make sense here.
Please keep posting, your input here is much appreciated.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

Originally posted by anton74

Hello anton74 since you took the time to read my OP you might want to also read the link provided, and this link as well here.
www.lfpress.com...
Please read the thread all the way through if you have time.
By the way welcome to ATS and enjoy the ride.
Regards, Iwinder

oops here I am sorry, I thought after looking at your post history that you just joined up here.
But I still stand by my statement that you should read the whole thread before posting about Mr Google.
There is a wealth of information here on this thread.
Again I apologize but Mr Google in this instance is coming up empty.
Read some of the posts from all over the world that are on this thread.
No way in heaven there is a type of Larvae that affects everyone here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Yes I guess if I was 90 years old a dieing tree in my yard would be one of my last concerns.
You are not crazy at all, as I said in my OP it is in the news and it is happening.
We just don't know why?
Regards, Iwinder

True ... but, the tree isn't dying. It's alive and well.

I have no idea why the leaves turned yellow and fell off and were all over the ground in late July. That never happens in July -- always sometime in October. Very weird. I don't have an explanation or an answer either, but it is possible that it's symptomatic of something serious.

Some have speculated radiation might be a possibility. I don't know. But this sure does concern me, especially since some posters here have mentioned their vegetable gardens and plants didn't do well this year. So, whatever it is ... this can also affect the food supply. If we can't grow vegetables and fruits on our own property and considering the food supply is in jeopardy (given the Monsanto crime family and other crime family farm takeovers) well, going forward, I think that's certainly something for us to be concerned about.
edit on 23-8-2011 by Jana12 because: typo

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by Iwinder

Ummm, I am thinking does autumn come after summer?
Yeah I think it does...
Autumn

Right, it comes AFTER summer; not during summer.

That is the whole point of this thread. It is still summertime, but already some trees and plants are acting like it is fall already. This leaf falling behaviour is 2 months ahead of schedule. That is something to take note of; maybe even be concerned about.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

Could it be that the plants that have flowered but not produced fruit are lacking pollenators? Does this have something to do with the decline in bees?

My tomato plants are producing fruit, but there are other issues. The ones with a bit of shade are doing OK, giving me large tomatoes that ripen a little slowly. The ones in full sun are staying pink instead of turning red, like another posted noted. They also are infested with something that bores into them and hangs out in the seed area.

Interesting that the tomatoes not exposed to full sun are doing better the ones in the sun. Once again, a guilty finger is being pointed to something being wrong with the sun and/or its rays.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

Could it be that the plants that have flowered but not produced fruit are lacking pollenators? Does this have something to do with the decline in bees?

My tomato plants are producing fruit, but there are other issues. The ones with a bit of shade are doing OK, giving me large tomatoes that ripen a little slowly. The ones in full sun are staying pink instead of turning red, like another posted noted. They also are infested with something that bores into them and hangs out in the seed area.

Interesting that the tomatoes not exposed to full sun are doing better the ones in the sun. Once again, a guilty finger is being pointed to something being wrong with the sun and/or its rays.

Yes I did consider that possibility although there have been some bees around but definitely not in the number that we usually see them.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
One other thing I did not mention before because it is low on my list of concerns here is our Japanese Maple.
We planted it about 6 years ago and it was very healthy and robust up till now that is.
It is a cut leaf Maple and about a third of the foliage is either curled up or just plain gone.
It looks terrible but the funny thing is we have a second one of the same type and it is planted by our pond in the back and it is doing just fine here.
The healthy one is 18 years old and it is the only Maple in our yard here out of 6 that looks normal and healthy.
Thanks to everyone for adding good observations and possible causes to this thread.
Regards,Iwinder
edit on 24-8-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Central Virginia Here. Last week i was walking around in the backyard and happened to notice a tree whos leaves had turned yellow and had JUST started to lose a few. I didnt know what kind of tree it was, so i didnt know if it was a natural timing or not.. but it did strike me as being a bit odd (early). Later in the week i visited my mother who lives about 15 minutes away, and while in her back yard i noticed the same type of tree who's leaves were also turning yellow. Turns out they are both maples (hers and mine). Contrary to some posts here the tree doesn't look sick at all though.. there are no holes in the leaves.. they dont look burnt or crumpled when they fall to the ground... it Literally looks like fall came early, but just for those trees. I noticed there were also a lot of pine needles starting to collect in the grass aswell. Again, im not a botanist so i dont know if this is about the right time for that to start or not.... all i know is every fall i have to rake them up lol, but its not fall yet? I found this sight a few days ago and was browsing through all of the topics, and saw this thread - i still dont know what to think though. Yes, we have a had a dry summer BUT the past 4 or 5 years has been this exact same pattern. We've had a very cold/wet winter- an extremely nice and rainy spring- and then when summer he we a water shortage... If this were simply an effect of stress, why hasn't it been happening every year? Or-at the same time- if it has, maybe we just haven't noticed?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by idkwht
Central Virginia Here. Last week i was walking around in the backyard and happened to notice a tree whos leaves had turned yellow and had JUST started to lose a few. I didnt know what kind of tree it was, so i didnt know if it was a natural timing or not.. but it did strike me as being a bit odd (early). Later in the week i visited my mother who lives about 15 minutes away, and while in her back yard i noticed the same type of tree who's leaves were also turning yellow. Turns out they are both maples (hers and mine). Contrary to some posts here the tree doesn't look sick at all though.. there are no holes in the leaves.. they dont look burnt or crumpled when they fall to the ground... it Literally looks like fall came early, but just for those trees. I noticed there were also a lot of pine needles starting to collect in the grass aswell. Again, im not a botanist so i dont know if this is about the right time for that to start or not.... all i know is every fall i have to rake them up lol, but its not fall yet? I found this sight a few days ago and was browsing through all of the topics, and saw this thread - i still dont know what to think though. Yes, we have a had a dry summer BUT the past 4 or 5 years has been this exact same pattern. We've had a very cold/wet winter- an extremely nice and rainy spring- and then when summer he we a water shortage... If this were simply an effect of stress, why hasn't it been happening every year? Or-at the same time- if it has, maybe we just haven't noticed?

Thanks for the very good post sir/madame a Star for you here.
This is good stuff as I see it.
Glad to know that others are keeping their eyes open here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Sigh here we go again I think, in the past 30 days here we have had an f2 and an f3 tornado and then now we have an earthquake.....
Last 11 months of this year have been extreme here I mean bad.
They we salting the roads here in mid April for god's sake.
Nothing to see here at all folks!....LOL
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Sigh here we go again I think, in the past 30 days here we have had an f2 and an f3 tornado and then now we have an earthquake.....
Regards, Iwinder

Not to mention it looks like most of Ontario is under a tornado watch this evening. I couldn't believe all the watches on the weather website I just checked out. Everyone affected be safe tonite!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by i8miceb4

Regards, Iwinder

Not to mention it looks like most of Ontario is under a tornado watch this evening. I couldn't believe all the watches on the weather website I just checked out. Everyone affected be safe tonite!

Yeah we are watching the clouds over Lake Huron as I type this and we are getting ready for a run to the basement.
This year has taught us not to ignore the warnings.
Right now the wind is going every direction at once......nothing threatening but is sure is not being constant as in one direction.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I've got an update for you. In an earlier post I said we are not having a problem with Maples here in Windsor, the South-western tip of Ontario. My neighbour's trees across the street look great -- from here. However I was over talking to him today and couldn't believe my eyes as I stood under the largest maple.

Every single large green leaf was spotted on the underside with 5 or 6 large maroon dots about the size of dimes. I will go back and get a picture tomorrow and post it here. It really looks strange to say the least.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join