It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maple trees dropping leaves left and right.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Test the trees for Radition??

At least eleminate it as a posibility.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

My cat acts this way when this happens , fff-art, fffff-art. burpp. What's your point? Maybe, the whole picture is all related. And if you LISTEN to the signs, maybe you be wiser. MAYBE.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Berenai

Well, someone is thinking. How much radiation is normal for the sun? Is this from fukashima you think? I don't think it is , i think it is rads from the sun. To many at that. That is why i say what is going on here.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Same in N Oklahoma, trees dropping leaves, some dying, which could be due to the drought, although not everyone has experienced drought and severe heat and it's still happening. A big Austrian pine across the street is dead, it's a shame, it was a beautiful tree, the only green thing around in winter. Now its completely brown and droopy, over 60 ft tall and dead. Pity. Scary too. What the heck is going on?

I thought radiation could be the culprit too because I noticed weird looking spots on some of my herbs this spring after the Tsunami, etc. About a week or two later, my oregano looked like it was morphing into another kind of plant. Of course I didn't want to believe nuclear fallout from Japan was affecting my back yard...and still don't, but what if?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
www.youtube.com.../u/0/EBfvkCEr-Is
An independent radiation video from Torornto. You won't see this on the CBC. Oh yeah....Upper Ottawa Valley.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
ITT: People over reacting.

Seriously people, get a grip. Nature happens. The sky is not falling.

What next? "Panic: Snow in Texas!" -_-

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I was surprised when I logged on to ATS and saw this Thread.

Every so often my family gets together and visits my elderly Aunt and Uncle in New Jersey. They live in the central-east part of NJ, about 15-miles southeast to the Atlantic Ocean/beaches.

We just visited them a few weeks ago in late July. The tree in their front yard (I think it's a Birch tree) lost it's leaves and the yellow leaves were all over the ground. I was freaked out when we pulled up in front of their house and saw the leaves all over the street and in the driveway ... in late July.

Everyone trivialized or dismissed it, except for me. So, when I saw this Thread I thought 'I am not the only one who is puzzled by this'. My Uncle said, "So what, things change", and he didn't seem to care. My Aunt asked, "Why are you making a big deal out of tree leaves -- it's probably due to "global warming". Another family member said the tree was healthy and agreed with my Aunt that it was probably due to "global warming" (?) a topic neither of them are educated in. That comment was simply her way of changing the conversation. I also thought it was really odd that no one else seemed to think this was odd.

The tree has been there for about 20 years -- since they moved to the retirement community they live in. I've never seen the leaves fall off this time of the year ... never. The tree faces South, but I'm not sure if it's more Southeast or more Southwest. For the past 20 years the leaves have always fallen off at some point in October, and never before early October. There were several very unusual heat waves, above average temps, 100+ degrees Farenheit, but no droughts. It's very strange.

I don't have any answers. I just wanted to share this since it's relevant to this Thread.
edit on 22-8-2011 by Jana12 because: typo

edit on 22-8-2011 by Jana12 because: typo

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
We live in North Dakota, USA. We don't have maples ourselves, like the OP mentioned, but our trees are all dropping leaves like crazy, and began in late July (though not as many were dropping then) they aren't turning colors. Just dropping off green. We have had lots of rain, so it's not lack of water.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I can confirm it's happening in Missouri as well. I was in the northern part of the state a few weeks ago visiting relatives. Not long after I got to their house I noticed out the window that leaves were falling like crazy. There was a storm kicking up and blowing in and it was causing the tree leaves to fall like crazy. It wasn't much of a storm, just got the trees swaying a little bit, probably nothing much over 30-35mph. But it was raining leaves like none other, and that was before it started raining. That's how I knew the storm was coming in. I went outside to see what was going on. Now I wish I had taken a video on my iPhone. Sure, windy storms usually cause some leaves to blow off. But this was a lot.

And yes I've experienced quite a few storms in my day. I'm a trained storm spotter and experienced the north end of the storm that went through Joplin (what a crazy storm, papers from Joplin falling out of the sky). It's not normal for trees to shed leaves like that in early August around these parts. More like mid October. I think I might call some relatives tomorrow to see if they've noticed any more oddities. I haven't paid much attention to the trees lately as I've been swamped with work, but I'll make sure to check things out tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Just to pipe in and share my own observation...

I live in AZ and trees here are stubborn to lose their leaves in the fall. It's not unusual for a Mulberry tree to take half the winter to finally lose all of it's leaves. However, in the last week I noticed quite a few leaves on the ground beneath a Mulberry tree right outside my door and definitely found it odd. My gut response was simply, "...that's weird, we're still in the middle of August, I wonder what's up with that."

I'm no botanist but I was always under the impression that it was the length of the days that caused trees to lose their leaves in the fall. I didn't believe it was temperature related because I've seen some long, drawn out summers where the trees lost their leaves like they normally did. Conversely, I've seen some pretty cold, miserable summers in Northern Michigan where the trees didn't lose their leaves prematurely.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
And the leaves are falling in my location in PA as well.

Also, it's been cold the last few weeks in my opinion.

Early winter or mass contamination or plant diseases? Hard to tell.

I saw the holes in many of them and noted it as unusual as well. That's why I thought of plant diseases or pests first.

By this time next year, we will all know for sure either way.
edit on 23-8-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I live in Vacaville, California, otherwise known as Hell in the summer. This year, we have had a very mild summer. We had an unbelievable amount of rain this winter with rain until June, which is not normal.

I want to start by saying that I am a gardener. I am outdoors every chance I get & have made a great deal of observations.

I have a number of Japanese Maples on my property, all of which have been looking really bad all summer, even though they get watered regularily. All the leaves on the tops are curling with brown edges.

I truly don't believe that heat stress or lack of water is causing the problem with the trees. First off, trees in the ground will send roots to find water & established trees don't necessarily need regular watering.

Over the past 2 to 3 years, I have been watching the trees die in our area, the willow types seem to be hardest hit & then the pines & then they just are all over the map from there. In my neighborhood alone, I could count probably 50 trees that have either died or are on their last leg, with many more in the beginning stages of death.

Also, I have noticed that all the plants, bushes & trees aren't their true green color anymore, most are a sickly yellow/green. Only the redwoods are close to their natural color & not all of them look too healthy either.

We don't have as many varieties of trees in California that turn colors, like the Mid-West & East coast, but we do have trees that turn. I noticed them starting to turn about 2 weeks ago. They generally don't start until the last week of September or the 1st week of October.

I have several Rayford Ash trees in my property that turn to a burgundy/purple color before the leaves start dropping, but they are still green & dropping, this started about a week or so ago.

So, here's my take, I know that some of you will think I am a nut-case, but as I've said, I am outside all the time, so it is really easy to notice these things.

Geo-engineering really is happening. I am almost 50 years old, spent nearly all my life outdoors & there are definate changes happening & it's not from the general population living life. The changes are purposeful.

Since the trees I am watching die have been happening for several years, it isn't something that has just started. This has been increasing as the spraying has increased. During the summer months, spraying typically stops around May 1st & resumes in mid to late October. Spraying stopped overhead in my area on June 19th & started again on August 8th. I haven't had a chance to spray down the spider webs on my trees & bushes. While working in my yard yesterday, I found what almost looks like powdered laundry soap covering the spider webs. Many of the leaves have spots that look like burn marks. I have collected some of the stuff & am contacting a research center to have it tested. I have seen little bits of this stuff before after spraying, but never like this. There is LOTS of this stuff.

Also, through geo-engineering, I truly believe that our seasons have been altered. Always, March kicks off our hot season here & ends in October, sometimes it is still fairly warm until November. By April, we usually see temperatures hovering around 100 degrees & this doesn't drop off until September. This year has been completely out of whack, with temperatures all over the board, generally much cooler & sometimes even cold. Last year wasn't normal either, but nothing like this year.

My vegetable garden for the past 3 years has not done well at all & this year, I have planted some of the same types of seeds 5 times. If they even sprout, they die off within a week or 2. Even plants started in my greenhouse, once outside, die. Everything in my gardens are watered daily, on a timer.

Also, this has been posted several times on other threads on this site, but the sun is absolutely rising & setting further north. Again, this is something I noticed right away. My gardens are all raised beds & have been placed in their postions for optimum sun exposure. This year, the sun is hitting all of them far differently than it should be, not to mention that my patio has always only had very early morning sun, with it being 1/2 shaded by 10:00 a.m. Now, it is completely covered with sun until almost 1:00 p.m. This has caused me to move a number of plants that require shade & had been in their spots for 9 years.

Something is happening, there is no doubt about it.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jenlt

I have a number of Japanese Maples on my property, all of which have been looking really bad all summer, even though they get watered regularily. All the leaves on the tops are curling with brown edges.

Really from the top down like in that old legend?

I'm going to go do some real life investigation tomorrow, I will see if this is occurring here.

I wonder what is going on? This is pretty messed up.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I started noticing dead leaves on the roads back in late July. I live in Wales (UK). We had a really hot late March/April and we've had pretty much constant miserable weather - cold, windy and rainy since then with very occasional few days of relatively wild weather.

Every year normally late October to November I collect all the Sloes from the Sloe bushes around my house and make Sloe Gin to consume the following xmas. This year, to my utter disbelief, the sloes were ripe the end of July. I went picking a fortnight ago and at least 30% were over-ripe, shrivelled or dropped off. These Sloes were ready a whole season before normal. I've lived in the countryside for the last 15 years and I've never seen anything like this.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
All this talk about radiation and early falls got me thinking about a recent thread I saw with a video attached regarding chernobyl. They said in the video that we can still see background radiation all across the globe from chernobyl to this day. Add to that, Fukushima and I would imagine the background radiation globally is significant. Although if you look at the area surrounding fukushima, the local plant life has yet to deteriorate and die so I doubt if radiation is killing everyones trees.

If it was an early fall...man, that would be nice here in Texas. 100+ degrees for almost 3 months now. Not a damn drop of rain to be seen. Cept like 1/4 inch we got a few weeks ago. I would attribute all the green death to drought and extreme heat stress at least here in Texas and parts of Oklahoma.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
So leaves fall off trees, and everyone freaks out?

Read?

Could be any number of reasons...but highly unlikely it's Radiation.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Just because the well is working doesn't mean the tree might have water loss, the well could be getting water below the root level.

One would presume that Iwinder is using the well water to water his trees. At least that is how I took it.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I'm in Michigan. I noticed that it's an early Fall this year. By August 10, the cottonwood trees were turning yellow and now they're losing leaves. The Sumac is a bit early too....it's not October red....but might hit that by September, by the looks of it.

Good luck with your Maple trees. Hopefully it's not some bug that only attacks Maples. We had an Ash beetle a few years ago that left the woods a veritable death trap....full of dead trees that fall when it's windy.

It's unusually chilly here for August. Feels like the end of September. The weather is continually changing. I've seen lots of sick looking bushes and trees everywhere. Maybe they're trying to kill all of the real trees so that the Monsanto trees will have a place in the world.....that starts next year....planting GMO trees in nature areas by the gov't.

Or maybe it's the Radiation....

Nibiru?

If you see a crop circle burned in your grass.......
edit on 23/8/11 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
We live in North East PA and we have had horrible weather here this summer
maybe 2 weeks of 90 degree plus temps then that was it.We have had extreme amounts
of rain.

Our seasons have completely changed. August has been cold and wet when it's normally
very hot and dry.We barely have a spring here anymore.We have had our heat on in the house
well into mid June of this year and have turned on the heat again this week which is way
out of the ordinary.

I have a garden in full sun of tomato plants that are full of green tomatoes, but not one ripe one
in the bunch.

Coming out of this winter we noticed 4 maples that were dead in our back yard
that were alive before we went into last winter. I do notice on all 4 of the trees
lichen has taken over the trunks.

The leaves of our maples are turning already in some areas of NEPA.
Our maples look sickly this year my only thoughts is to much water??
For sure I feel a change coming.
Sadly my area was hit very hard by Gypsy Moth caterpillers the last couple years
so the oaks are suffering also.
I would like to know whats going on too.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

The fact that you have a well, with water, does not relate to the trees.

Your well is far more deeper, than the 4 to 10 feet of roots, that the trees have.
It's a completely different matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join