It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maple trees dropping leaves left and right.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AMANNAMEDQUEST
reply to post by Iwinder

I'll snap some photos to contribute. And I will keep a lookout for maples and other trees in the surrounding neighborhood as well, but as far as I know so far, it's just the one street.

I thought it might just be a local thing here until I saw it in a newspaper from a city 50 miles away from us here.
After posting this thread I now know that it is a far bigger thing than I first thought.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
Ithink there may be a factor or bit of data, missing here,,

just a reminder,
#ushima is still spewing radiation,,,, for the PAST ^-or is that & months, now,,
might have a wee bit of an effect.
u know ,,the trees will probably survive,,
will you?

move that forward.

Nothing is off the table here and it has been discussed here in the thread, thanks very much for adding to this thread.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by WitsEndNJ

"Be careful everyone with Irene on the way, weakened and rotted trees and branches are going to be falling like crazy!"

I am all ready picking up good sized branches here and lots of smaller dead one too.
We had one come down on Sunday here that would have caused some major headaches if it hit anyone.
Regards, Iwinder

edit on 26-8-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
This is a credible explanation
green.blogs.nytimes.com...
Spraying trees with toxic water!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patrol

Thanks for the great link Patrol, I hope everyone here reads it!
I don't know if it applies to our trees here, but it certainly is a controversial issue here in these parts.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patrol

That article is more than a contender for it's own thread I think.
You should do one if not someone else.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I have a Maple in my front garden - it started dropping leaves in May. The maple is about 18 years old and positioned NE. Concerned I did some checking and concluded that it was experiencing stress through lack of water. We had one of the driest April's on record.

It then regained alot of growth only to start dropping again in July. I tend to think heat being the issue this time.

I've come to the conclusion that the Maple is one of the most sensitive of trees and mine certainly isn't adjusting well to the contrariness of the weather.

BTW - I'm in SW Britain.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I don't have to worry about this anymore. I live on the East Coast and yesterdays storm pretty much took down all the branches, leaves, 300 year old Oaks and Maples and 100 foot pines

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shelbee
I have a Maple in my front garden - it started dropping leaves in May. The maple is about 18 years old and positioned NE. Concerned I did some checking and concluded that it was experiencing stress through lack of water. We had one of the driest April's on record.

It then regained alot of growth only to start dropping again in July. I tend to think heat being the issue this time.

I've come to the conclusion that the Maple is one of the most sensitive of trees and mine certainly isn't adjusting well to the contrariness of the weather.

BTW - I'm in SW Britain.

Thanks for the input and here our Maples are dropping the leaves facing NE and going to SW in a sweeping motion.
This makes me think it might be solar rays or some other cosmic event I am too dumb to understand.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl
I don't have to worry about this anymore. I live on the East Coast and yesterdays storm pretty much took down all the branches, leaves, 300 year old Oaks and Maples and 100 foot pines

I hear you there, who knows anymore what is what and when is when?
Incredible times here regarding the weather and trying to maintain a garden for sure.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

whilst at mainz Wine festival , chilling out watching a rather funky german Band , i noticed the conker tree above me was looking a little palid, ripe and kind of spotty , see pic :

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2a37550168dd.jpg[/atsimg]

weird to find the two for one deal over there too , but the conker trees in England didn't have the spots , although they were just as brown.

twoforthepriceofoneBox

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The northern hemisphere has had alot of volcanic activity this year. So winter will be more cold.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
The northern hemisphere has had alot of volcanic activity this year. So winter will be more cold.

That is a possibility but these leaves here were dropping in the third week of July.
However if your volcanic activity proves to be the culprit here we are all in big time trouble.
Thanks for adding your input into this thread.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by funbox
reply to post by Iwinder

whilst at mainz Wine festival , chilling out watching a rather funky german Band , i noticed the conker tree above me was looking a little palid, ripe and kind of spotty , see pic :

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2a37550168dd.jpg[/atsimg]

weird to find the two for one deal over there too , but the conker trees in England didn't have the spots , although they were just as brown.

twoforthepriceofoneBox

Thanks for the update there funbox!
What a sick looking leaf that is.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
i was reading in another thread the other day (sorry cant find the story or id post a link) anyways the topic was similar to this one and the op was suggesting the possibility that we are being smashed with cosmic dust as we are entering some sort of dust cloud ....another posibility

peace

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It's the drought here in Texas. We were driving to a park today to do some volunteer work and I noticed along the way how many trees have lost their leaves or may be already dead. Some species are doing well, but hawthorns and hackberries and some mullberries and dogwoods and non-native trees are in horrible shape. I think this area will be very vulnerable to strong storms.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hopenotfeariswhatweneed
i was reading in another thread the other day (sorry cant find the story or id post a link) anyways the topic was similar to this one and the op was suggesting the possibility that we are being smashed with cosmic dust as we are entering some sort of dust cloud ....another posibility

peace

Who knows? I do know something is wrong big time here and the people that are supposed to be in the know don't know what is happening here.
Thanks for you input there hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
It's the drought here in Texas. We were driving to a park today to do some volunteer work and I noticed along the way how many trees have lost their leaves or may be already dead. Some species are doing well, but hawthorns and hackberries and some mullberries and dogwoods and non-native trees are in horrible shape. I think this area will be very vulnerable to strong storms.

Yes I have been following the drought there in Texas and it looks real bad.
We here in Ontario had a wet spring and then a killer hot July followed by an almost normal August.
Still the trees die and die here big time.....
Thanks for your input and I hope you guys get some rain there.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
From our friend in St Louis. 133 X normal background radiation. I'll bet this wasn't on Radnet.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Greetings:

Meanwhile, back to the Fukushima World-Killer Nuke Meltdowns and the [color=limegreen]continuing radiation poising of our land, food and children - 24/7/365.

zorgon, what is your take on this?

Well, I spent three weeks following that Fukushima story doggedly... then in the end I found out three things...

1) Except for a handful of people and those that live in the area... NO ONE CARES...

2) We are still here... 1000's of nuke tests (especially near my home town) medical radiation, space radiation, CME's, cell tower radiation, microwave radiation... etc etc.. and we are STILL HERE.. and world population is increasing exponentially

3) Radiation is good for you

Greetings:

Thank you for your insightful and timely response.

1) We have been attempting to sound the alarm in the many nuke-related threads in our signature, and have come to the same conclusion: NO ONE CARES...

However, having spent the last six weeks on the road in the Hurricane Irene-ravaged areas of North Carolina, we were amazed - no, dumfounded - that [color=limegreen]NOT ONE PERSON we spoke with (including fellow First Responder Volunteer Firepersons) had any clue about Fukushima 24/7/365.

The Captain of the local department said that "there is no problem, or the USGOV/EPA would alert us, and it would be on television, right? (!???!)

Revised Conclusion: The people have been denied the basic information to make informed decisions as to how best "handle" the radiation poisoning nightmare.

2) Never thought that you would not be (there) "here" - after all, who would want to leave that pool? And whatever happens in "here" (there) stays in "here," (there), right mate?

3) You and Ann Coulter make such a great pair...

Glad to be back.

As we have been attempting to bring to light for over six months (!), there exists a world-wide conspiracy in the MSM to deprive the public of the facts regarding the dire consequences of the melt-throughs of the nuclear reactors at Fukushima-Daiichi.

Please listen up, people.

Your life and the lives of your loved ones may very well depend on your access to and use thereof of potentially life-saving information being kept from you by the EPA/USGOV.

The total number of days between Friday, March 11th, 2011 and Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 is 214 days.

The radiation poisoning of our people, food and land has continued unabated - 24/7/365 - for exactly 7 months.

For your edification and enjoyment (bewilderment), a few 'notable' stories that seemed to miss mass circulation and perhaps a peek at what might have been missed on the 6:00 o'clock news...:

Three days into the disaster, this FOR EYES ONLY memo circulated at the NRC.

14 March 2011
NRC ONLY Update – All 3 Reactor Cores Likely Damaged

15 March 2011
Fukushima Daiichi Units Degrading – Zirconium Fire at Reactor 4 SFP – Reactor 2 Possible Reactor Vessel Breach & Ex-Vessel Core Reaction

My goodness gracious! And we thought they (TEPCO/JAPGOV) said they had this "stabilized..." and presumably under control...

At least, that is what they (and the EPA/USGOV) would have you believe.

Fast-forward about six months to more headlines you may have missed in your local media:

21 August 2011
Fukushima Officials Worry New Discovery of Radioactive Beef Will Harm Reputation More After Farmer Confirms Cattle Not Fed Contaminated Rice Straw

21 August 2011
4,000 Potentially Radioactive Cows Without Radioactive Rice Hay May Have Been Shipped from One Farm in Namie-Machi, Fukushima

29 August 2011
Why the Fukushima Disaster Is Worse Than Chernobyl

31 August 2011
France Releases Map of Cesium-137 Deposition Across the Pacific – Shows the US More Contaminated Than Western Japan

[color=limegreen]Will this insanity ever end?

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join