It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maple trees dropping leaves left and right.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
And the leaves are falling in my location in PA as well.

Also, it's been cold the last few weeks in my opinion.

Early winter or mass contamination or plant diseases? Hard to tell.

I saw the holes in many of them and noted it as unusual as well. That's why I thought of plant diseases or pests first.

By this time next year, we will all know for sure either way.
edit on 23-8-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

They don't mention any diseases here in the local paper, what they keep saying is heat stress in one paper, then the other paper is saying drought?
I have no idea but we are really worried about our trees here.
If they don't survive our yard is going to be like a desert here.
Thanks for the post.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jenlt

Great information there jenlt, you make a lot of sense there.
Good luck with your plants.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I was just saying to my husband the other day, it's odd how fall seems to have come early this year, and it seems like spring came a month or so early as well. Usually july and august are our hot months, but this year it was june and july. August now feels like september, the leaves are even changing already!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by morgansolutions
I started noticing dead leaves on the roads back in late July. I live in Wales (UK). We had a really hot late March/April and we've had pretty much constant miserable weather - cold, windy and rainy since then with very occasional few days of relatively wild weather.

Every year normally late October to November I collect all the Sloes from the Sloe bushes around my house and make Sloe Gin to consume the following xmas. This year, to my utter disbelief, the sloes were ripe the end of July. I went picking a fortnight ago and at least 30% were over-ripe, shrivelled or dropped off. These Sloes were ready a whole season before normal. I've lived in the countryside for the last 15 years and I've never seen anything like this.

Thanks for sharing that with us, it seems to be happening everywhere lately.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RainbeauBleu

Thanks for adding to the thread, yes we too had and are having a major problem with the Ash Beetle here no Ash trees left here to speak of.
You got me thinking with the GM tree angle........good stuff.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by starlitestarbrite
We live in North East PA and we have had horrible weather here this summer
maybe 2 weeks of 90 degree plus temps then that was it.We have had extreme amounts
of rain.

Our seasons have completely changed. August has been cold and wet when it's normally
very hot and dry.We barely have a spring here anymore.We have had our heat on in the house
well into mid June of this year and have turned on the heat again this week which is way
out of the ordinary.

I have a garden in full sun of tomato plants that are full of green tomatoes, but not one ripe one
in the bunch.

Coming out of this winter we noticed 4 maples that were dead in our back yard
that were alive before we went into last winter. I do notice on all 4 of the trees
lichen has taken over the trunks.

The leaves of our maples are turning already in some areas of NEPA.
Our maples look sickly this year my only thoughts is to much water??
For sure I feel a change coming.
Sadly my area was hit very hard by Gypsy Moth caterpillers the last couple years
so the oaks are suffering also.
I would like to know whats going on too.

All these posts certainly seem to have a common theme here, we to have a lousy crop of tomatoes here.
We have one that is a really pale pink and its been like that for over a week, the rest are all green still?
8 plants all in the sun, zero fruit yet......This time last year we were getting tired of them.....this year it looks like store bought ones here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minori
I am in Ohio right by the Lake Erie and I was also thinking how strange it was for the leaves to be "falling" this soon. It is not just the maple trees, it is all the trees in this area. Makes you wonder!!

Thanks for the information and for letting us know where you are located.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by N34Li3Z
I just made a road trip, and in some parts of Kansas, and Oklahoma, it looked like fall had already set it, but not everywhere, but there were a lot of trees and patches of trees dieing, really big/old trees. Some of them were pine trees too, which are usually pretty hardy. I just blamed it on the drought in those areas. Here in Nebraska, the maples in our back yards are either dieing or changing early too.

Good information for us here, Thank you for the post.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SalientSkivvy
I don't know what's causing it, but here on the west coast, Iv noticed the maple leaves turning red and orange, and dropping to the ground mid July... So no... it's not because Autumn is just around the Conner. It's the middle of summer, and I noticed it the beg of summer... I pointed it out to some friends, but nobody really seems to notice anything....
The leaves start to turn end of Sept, beg of Oct... maybe even until early Nov... but beg of Aug, and July?? How can anyone say that's usual??

I agree with your post here, I have no idea what is causing this but your last sentence says it all.
Thanks for the input.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by WitsEndNJ

Thanks so much for your input and wisdom, a very good read you provided us with.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
www.radiationnetwork.com...

Here's a radiation tracking map updated constantly for those looking to keep informed of rad levels, READ the explanations it helps for clarity.
I'm not saying it's radiation I've just seen people asking for info or suggesting it may be a cause for concern.

I've bookmarked it and refer to it often.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hatcookie
I was just saying to my husband the other day, it's odd how fall seems to have come early this year, and it seems like spring came a month or so early as well. Usually july and august are our hot months, but this year it was june and july. August now feels like september, the leaves are even changing already!

Yes it seems that almost all the posters here are saying the same thing.
Thanks for adding to the thread.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
www.radiationnetwork.com...

Here's a radiation tracking map updated constantly for those looking to keep informed of rad levels, READ the explanations it helps for clarity.
I'm not saying it's radiation I've just seen people asking for info or suggesting it may be a cause for concern.

I've bookmarked it and refer to it often.

Thanks for the link, I just booked it here so it will be handy to refer to in the future.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I just wanted to mention that I was told that the leaves start changing colour in response to sunlight, longer nights, not the weather. The decreased sunlight is what triggers the trees to start preparing for winter. I find this interesting because of recent stories regarding the sun rising 2 days early in the north last spring, and although I cannot think of it off the top of my head, there have been other oddities regarding the sun in the recent past as well.

The timing of color change and leaf fall are primarily regulated by the calendar, that is, the increasing length of night. None of the other environmental influences-temperature, rainfall, food supply, and so on-are as unvarying as the steadily increasing length of night during autumn.
‌link

Are our days shorter than they should be at this time of year? Or are various environmental factors blocking out some of the light, making trees think fall is here early?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
reply to post by Jana12

Good post Jana12, I agree with the fact that people are just not paying attention anymore.
I see a lot of posters here in my thread who spend a good amount of time in their yards/outdoors.
These posters are taking notice of their surroundings while the masses sit in front of the tube mesmerized by Lady Gaga or whatever.
Regards, Iwinder

edit on 23-8-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

Thank you ... I was starting to think I was crazy because no one cares or wants to hear about this, at least in my world. Until I came across your Thread and read through most of these posts, I didn't realize it was so common and happening all over the globe, and not only in the U.S..

It brings to mind this -- Many years ago while away at college, my dorm neighbor, who was studying Religion and Philosophy, would often say, "And the seasons shall become one", amongst other expressions. Everyone thought he was different, although very intelligent. I now wonder what he meant by that expression. He never did explain it to us.

On another note, my Aunt and Uncle are elderly, both approaching 90 yrs of age. Maybe they just don't care anymore, but that excuse doesn't cut it for the others.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Alabama here. It's way to early for our trees to be dropping leafs and changing color. That doesn't hit until October here with the peak of color until the end of October or first part of Nov. My black walnut started having it's leaves start turning about the middle of July. We haven't had a lot of rain lately so I was wondering about that. Yet I keep having to mow the grass. I have underground springs running under my property and my big
catawba trees have been dropping leaves really bad also for the same period of time. Even during the drought a few years back they didn't do this.

Last week I was over in Georgia and noticed some sunset maples that were already bright red. I'm not saying it isn't because of the heat but last year was a lot hotter here than it has been so far this year.

I was wondering could radiation being doing this?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

Same here with my zucchini's I thought maybe it was just mine. I finally decided they did make pretty flowers though.

My pears from my pear tree even are ready early. At least a month a head for these kind of pears.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hatcookie
I just wanted to mention that I was told that the leaves start changing colour in response to sunlight, longer nights, not the weather. The decreased sunlight is what triggers the trees to start preparing for winter. I find this interesting because of recent stories regarding the sun rising 2 days early in the north last spring, and although I cannot think of it off the top of my head, there have been other oddities regarding the sun in the recent past as well.

The timing of color change and leaf fall are primarily regulated by the calendar, that is, the increasing length of night. None of the other environmental influences-temperature, rainfall, food supply, and so on-are as unvarying as the steadily increasing length of night during autumn.
‌link

Are our days shorter than they should be at this time of year? Or are various environmental factors blocking out some of the light, making trees think fall is here early?

Thanks for the link and taking the time to post it with your thoughts.
Any information is good information I say.
Your closing statement is thought provoking to be sure.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jana12

Originally posted by Iwinder
reply to post by Jana12

Good post Jana12, I agree with the fact that people are just not paying attention anymore.
I see a lot of posters here in my thread who spend a good amount of time in their yards/outdoors.
These posters are taking notice of their surroundings while the masses sit in front of the tube mesmerized by Lady Gaga or whatever.
Regards, Iwinder

edit on 23-8-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

Thank you ... I was starting to think I was crazy because no one cares or wants to hear about this, at least in my world. Until I came across your Thread and read through most of these posts, I didn't realize it was so common and happening all over the globe, and not only in the U.S..

It brings to mind this -- Many years ago while away at college, my dorm neighbor, who was studying Religion and Philosophy, would often say, "And the seasons shall become one", amongst other expressions. Everyone thought he was different, although very intelligent. I now wonder what he meant by that expression. He never did explain it to us.

On another note, my Aunt and Uncle are elderly, both approaching 90 yrs of age. Maybe they just don't care anymore, but that excuse doesn't cut it for the others.

Yes I guess if I was 90 years old a dieing tree in my yard would be one of my last concerns.
You are not crazy at all, as I said in my OP it is in the news and it is happening.
We just don't know why?
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by napayshni57
Alabama here. It's way to early for our trees to be dropping leafs and changing color. That doesn't hit until October here with the peak of color until the end of October or first part of Nov. My black walnut started having it's leaves start turning about the middle of July. We haven't had a lot of rain lately so I was wondering about that. Yet I keep having to mow the grass. I have underground springs running under my property and my big
catawba trees have been dropping leaves really bad also for the same period of time. Even during the drought a few years back they didn't do this.

Last week I was over in Georgia and noticed some sunset maples that were already bright red. I'm not saying it isn't because of the heat but last year was a lot hotter here than it has been so far this year.

I was wondering could radiation being doing this?

Thanks so much for your post including where you live, man everyone is seeing the same thing in lots of places around the globe here.
The radiation angle has been thrown around here on the thread and there are some really good posts about that.
Nobody seems to have an answer for this problem, but almost 100% percent of the posters here are seeing it too!
Regards,Iwinder

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join