It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Chinese sand circle reported southwest of Xining, China

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

So you say that aliens want to warn only those with brilliant minds or those with enough money to hire one? If that's true then screw them.

Now on the the subject at hand...I have no clue what it could be, but, as pointed out before, the lines are too perfect and the depth too constant for me not to raise the eyebrow. Look at all the SAM sites linked above. None has lines like this.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
HOLY CLUCKING SHIP!

Awesome find S+F

Love seeing new things like this. Real or not it gets the imagination going, which is much welcomed this day and age

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Again with a grater, how would it get there without making tracks?
And if salt flats were soft, how would those that test cars, motorcycles, and other very fast
moving vehicles without crashing from the soft surface.. this tells me it would need to be a very
hard texture or at least I would think.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
Quite interesting to see, it’s pretty large 1-2 km in length and it is 3-5 inches deep into the ground.

Who made it or for what purpose is unknown.

The circular formation appears to be some 1-2 km in length and looks from the photo to be engraved some 3-5 inches into the ground.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2688508c5ad2.jpg[/atsimg]

otherworldyencounters.wordpress.com...

What would be the point in creating this in the middle of nowhere? There are no visible signs of dirt having been transported, as has been said elsewhere. If it was created by a Chinese agency, that would have taken an awful lot of manpower, judging by the general cleanliness of the job. I think this might be alien in nature, or maybe non-human.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Not enough data.

Exact location for starters? (please don't say the 'Gobi desert'. Co-ordinates, at least)
Time and date discovered?
Who discovered it? Who are they?
When did it appear, roughly?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
I don't for one second believe this is alien, though that's not saying it can not be.

Has anyone noticed the dark evenly spaced striations on the ground in the fourth photo from the top?
Looks like something may have been driven over the area and the tire tracks or whatever were compressed.

I googled steam roller tracks, which by the way has to be the most obscure thing in the universe to look up, and saw a similar pattern.
edit on 20-8-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

if it were a steam roller, wouldn't we see tracks from where it rolled in and out of the pattern as well?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by Screwed

That's an interesting waste of time - communicating so publicly when the message is only for the government,

I am not suggesting it is ONLY for the government. Are you paying attention?
Please follow me on this.
I am entertaining the possibility that it may be intended for ALL of us. Humanity at large.
The best and brightest of us will be expected to relay the message to those of us who may not understand.
Our governments would be the villians here for enlisting the services of those with the abiliy to decipher this language and then suppress it.

why bother with the cryptic nature in the first place?

Cryptic to WHOM????
YOU???
Again, you are making the same mistake using relitive words.
If there are two parties who easily understand eachother then I would argue that it isn't "cryptic" at all.
Cryptic to.....YOU maybe but who are you???
Because YOU don't understand it then YOU declare it........"Cryptic"!
Make sense?
I hope I am making some sort of sense here.
It is ALL relative.

What we have here are four distinct possibilities:

1. We're too stupid to understand crop circles that are meant for us, so the aliens are stupid for continuing to make them.
2. The aliens are sadistic and are just sending such cryptic messages to screw with us and watch us run around in circles, so-to-speak.
3. The aliens are sadistic and are making the messages in such a public manner to taunt us while knowing full well that the messages are only intended for (and decipherable by) the government.
4. Crop circles are terrestrial in origin.

So there is NO possability for a number 5???

5. Aliens made them in an attempt to communicate an idea to us using the language most universally familiar
knowing that collectively we would be able to understand the message being relayed to us yet, not knowing that our governments would try to suppress this information from us and also not knowing that anyone outside of our government who tried to relay this message to us would be soundly ridiculed and laughed at by trhose of us who are unready or unwilling to recieve the message in its entirty.

I know which I find most logical. It doesn't preclude the possibility of the others, but it certainly makes the most sense - to me.

well said.

Now, this steamroller thing... did you also laugh at the plank and rope idea? Because people are amazingly innovative. I'm not seriously suggesting a steamroller (as I said, the comment was off-the-cuff), but I am suggesting that it's most likely man-made. And a steamroller-esque explanation would in no way surprise me.
edit on 20-8-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

No, I understand the whole plank and rope concept.
I also know that the plank and rope technique can not be resposible for ALL of the known crop circles.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

5. Aliens made them in an attempt to communicate an idea to us using the language most universally familiar
knowing that collectively we would be able to understand the message being relayed to us yet, not knowing that our governments would try to suppress this information from us and also not knowing that anyone outside of our government who tried to relay this message to us would be soundly ridiculed and laughed at by trhose of us who are unready or unwilling to recieve the message in its entirty.

Crop circles have been around for at least 45 years now. Those aliens should probably consider trying another method of communication. In fact, I'll go encode my cell number in a field in the morning. Then they can text me if they want....

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Fake or not, it sure is beautiful. I'll give you that much.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
If this is fake, then we have all been fooled, but if this is real then we had all better start deciphering this symbol before its too late!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
It is probably the remains of a former military installation. Probably from the WW2 era.

If so it will be on Google Earth. So any one know just where to look?

Just checked. Unless it was there in 2004 then Google Earth will be of no help. The newest images of the area on Google Earth are dated 2004
edit on 8/20/2011 by fixer1967 because: To update

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Not enough data.

Exact location for starters? (please don't say the 'Gobi desert'. Co-ordinates, at least)
Time and date discovered?
Who discovered it? Who are they?
When did it appear, roughly?

On Linda Moulton Howe’s site is some more information posted about it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/07ddae9dd915.jpg[/atsimg]

Xining, Qinghai, China (upper right red circle). Red road is the Qinghai Highway.
The Awaker.net news story says the huge lines and circles pressed into sand is at a remote location about three hours from Xining towards Tibet on the Qinghai Highway. Madoi (middle red circle) is about 200 miles southwest of
Xining and might be the region of the sand formation.
The Tibet border is the orange/red boundary line south of Madoi.
Lhasa, Tibet, is the bottom left red circle

WARNING: Some computer users say they've been infected with a virus at Awaker.net. Earthfiles was able to assemble images and text via Google Translation of the original website on August 17, 2011, but Awaker.net appears to be virus-dangerous now.

I don't know how serious this is, but I post it nevertheless.

Chinese Website Report with Images - English Translation
I went to Google Translation from Chinese to English and produced the following report from the Chinese website, Awaker.net, in which the English word “cycle” is used instead of “circle.”
The edge of a large area of ??the Qinghai-Tibet highway cycle desert
Posted :2011-08-17 13:25:46 ? Author: Wanderer9

Recently appeared in the Qinghai-Tibet Highway in the desert with a diameter of 2 kilometers month cycle, According to the micro-Bo @ photography introduced in the ER about three hours drive from Xining found on the Gobi Desert.
Rings and lines are very neat and precise symmetry, ravines visual 3-5cm.
Master Chow and his colleagues said last week that the driver has not yet appeared,

www.earthfiles.com...

edit on 20/8/11 by spacevisitor because: Add a link

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by spacevisitor

Looks like someone had some fun with a steamroller.

So I guess you're suggesting that the steamroller is able to "hover"? Given that there's no tracks leading to/from the design...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Remote force control can make designs any where.
Even shake down buildings if at the right tempo.
Better watch out some one is telling us something with their science.
The only person to claim force at a distance was Tesla.
Then everyone distanced themselves from Tesla.
Except Nazi spies.
Yeah crop circles, all those messages are the from the cartel
owners of the Tesla ships and sound wave machines which
would have to be a narrow beam of sound to push things around.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
In some deserts, there is a type of crust that sits above the actual floor of the desert.
It's formed by bacteria, and/fungi. Both adapted to survive with very little moisture.

I've walked on some desert areas like that, and your footprint can crack through a couple of inches.
there are actually signs in some places that tell us not to walk there, because that crust can take dozens and dozens of years to form, and it is a kind of Habitat.
This might be how it was formed without excavation. That the crust was just crushed down to the ground layer.
But as for what formed it, I'm not sure.

It also looks like some of the natural flaky cracking of the surface was either preserved, or it rained and dried out at least once after the formation.
But you can make a pattern without moving dirt.
edit on 20-8-2011 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

But if it indeed was not excavated, but rather compressed, how did they manage to erase the tracks to and from this sand circle? They uncompressed the 'steam roller' tracks outside the circle?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
As i myself have worked as a construction worker and used steamrollers, i will confirm that this can indeed be made with a stearoller. Not all of them have to be driven, we also sometimes use "small" ones that you just push infront of you or drag behind you, weighing no more than 80-100 kg, and versions exist that instead of "rolling" they "vibrate" to push the sand down. It is very common to use the smaller ones when making fortifications, to flatten and level the sand underneath, which is a must. And the rusult is very similar to what this circle shows.

However i am not saying this is made with a steamroller, as it might of course be made by aliens as well.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by underspace

Does anyone else see the road/path leading to the left side of the formation, at the far end (at the foot of the mountains), in the last picture?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by underspace

I wasn't really speculating on the way they were made. Just that some desert floors can be compressed.
However. If it were a steamroller, it could have been driven up onto a trailer I suppose. Then the skinnier tracks of the trailer erased in some way. I'd like to see more pics, especially from the air.

Have you ever looked at a home on a realtor website, then payed a visit to the home?
Realtor pics can be very flattering compared to the unflattering reality of visiting the home in person.
I looked at a home in the mountains back East, then actually flew out to take a closer look. Somehow they were able to take pics from every angle, except the one that showed dozens and dozens of power lines criss-crossing right over the home.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It'd be nice if there was an straight-up overhead view of this...as it is, the only overhead view looks to me like it has tracks in the top-left portion of the circle that go off like an entry way for machinery or w/e.

I'll wait for better pic's to make my decision.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join