It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Chinese sand circle reported southwest of Xining, China

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by Scout...

People are discounting this being manmade because of the lack of tracks or a path leading up to the formation. It seems to me that such a path exists...at the base of the mountains.
Just making sure I'm not hallucinating.

I agree mate, not hard to put a remote control device and get it moving along to make that pattern - any tracked vehicle could do that.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Ok having spent most of my childhood living in Utah near the salt flats I can tell you definitively this is very possible to do on the flats. First of all depending on the time of year the texture of the flats changes drastically. One month you can drive over them and not sink an inch, another your car sinks up to the floor boards and never moves again. Furthermore depending on the area of the flats you visit this change may not happen at all. When they are racing they do not do this in the wet season, and on top of this some parts of the flats do not get soft like the rest of it. Trying to compare the race track to the spots that turn into two feet of mud every year is not logical.

The apparent tire tracks that do not sink could be made in the dry season, and the car would never sink. Then assuming this steam roller comes along it is far heavier than the car and could make it the next day, or the day before even and sink the few inches. Or the car tracks could be made months before or after we have no way of knowing when they were made in comparison to the “Sand Circle.”

As for tracks leading up to the circle, where the human makers would arrive: We never get a view of the far side of the circle, there may be obvious truck/trailer marks where some thing was unloaded and then reloaded to make this. Without going there in person, or having someone go there for us and take better pictures we have no idea what it looks like.

While a steam roller type of thing is a possibility, there are other ways to do this that do not have to include aliens, and do not have to include the Chinese government. People in china are not locked up in their homes, they are not slaving away constantly in fields or factories, and they have plenty of free time same as any other country. They have money, they have imaginations, and they have the ability to do this. I am sure they have people interested in crop circles etc. So if they really wanted to make one anybody could have done it. However until I see some other evidence of tracks leading up on the far side of the circle, or someone claiming to have flown in the equipment by helicopter etc. I will have to keep an open mind on this event.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

You're right. It definitely looks like a path.
Maybe that's why there's no view from above, lol.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by Screwed
Sorry, I just had to laugh when the mental giants here suggested it was a steamroller.
I thought it was an inside joke at first so I read thru the entire thread and found.......they were serious.!!!!

Thanks for the laugh guys.

No having lived next to a salt flat I can tell you that if you push down even walking you break through and leave a print a couple inches deep (i am sure there are different kids though) ...although here the third picture down you can see someone drove across the circle and did not sink in the material not compressed.
You can clearly see evenly spaced rows of some kind of track on the circle. I think the round parts of the circle have a darker line simply because of the pressure during the tight turn.
here is another picture included at the bottom closeup of the edge
www.earthfiles.com...
the thing we need is Google earth for this site because whatever was done would have to show a clear truck path to the circle there would be no way to accomplish this unless there is a connecting track.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

I was going to mention the very same thing, about the apparent tire tracks. Also, if you look at the bottom picture at the top of the circle on the left there appears to be another path, which looks similar to the circle itself at that distance, emmanating from the circle and leading off to the left. A possible approach/exit path?

I think the steam roller idea is pretty plausible. I dont think it was aliens. Unless these aliens were of the "Jerky Boys" variety. Honestly, what reason would aliens have for making pretty designs in crops and, now, sand? These so-called signals or signs arent even permanent so they cant really be for their own reference, can it? (for global positioning purposes?) They never spell out anything clearly at all; merely designs. So I would agree with previous posts that if they are trying to say something they ought to be a whole lot more direct and quit beating around the bush, or theyre man-made. And we all know that most (probably all) crop circles are man-made. Why should we assume this is any different?

CLPrime already mentioned this too. Sorry.
edit on 20-8-2011 by billiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
alignment with the stars are near
the blue and red kachina are on they're way

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Maybe the idiot aliens finally realized we eat the crops they were destroying with their stupid circles and moved on to sand. Its about time.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
look up the oregon sri yantra, it is a 'crop' circle which also was etched into a dry lake bed and is a quarter mile wide, with 13 miles worth of lines, the lines are burned into the earth and perfectly straight to such a degree that it was said no machine could achieve it, it was the second largest circle ever known,

and it was made in the 1980's

it was discovered by military helicopter flying over it on their typical flight path

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I see the path you are referring to and I agree it could be the track from the "steam roller" but it's certainly not clear enough in that photo to know for sure.

But if that is a path I guess that means it was compressed and not excavated? Do you think this is a site for something or some bored dude that can handle a tractor really well?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I highlighted something from this particular image, and was wondering if it had something to do with image processing, or it is actually there. I have my doubts regarding some sort of abandoned subdivision/compound master plan, since it looks pretty well-kept. If so, I don't see any other man-made installations that can usually be found in an ongoing/abandoned construction site.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by underspace

As you say, it's not clear enough to say for sure. It would also help to have an aerial photo.

At the moment, I'd say it was made somehow by some rather innovative people.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
well then the dog has said so,.
it must not be aliens but, the chinese in heavy pavement rollers making patterns in the salt flats ..
I stand corrected..

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BioSafe

Like some of the other posters have already mentioned, the first thing I thought when I first saw the pictures was a pole shift. Assuming that the center solid round circle is the Sun and the two outer solid circles are Earth (one is before the shift and the other is after, although I don't know which one is which or if it matters). The outer ring looks like Earth's orbit, then Venus and of course Mercury.

But what has happened to their orbits and the planets themselves? Especially Mercury's orbit looks like it runs into Earth. And what is the short lines that cross from the center of Earths orbit to cut off Venus' orbit and collide with Mercury's. Comet Elenin crosses all these orbits but not when the planets are near.

The fact that it's flipped and mirror imaged adds to the confussion. Very interesting. Maybe you or someone else will have a better interpretation.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Yes it would be good to have some photos of the whole thing, from above showing all sides. It's hard to say anything when you only have pictures of some of it at an angle

It does certainly look a bit like these which are over 9 miles across and created by a truck pulling a role of chain fence.

note the lack of huge piles of removed materials or obvious entry tracks

edit on 20-8-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2011 by davespanners because: added notes

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by billiam

I think the steam roller idea is pretty plausible. I dont think it was aliens.

Pretty reasonable yeah.

Unless these aliens were of the "Jerky Boys" variety. Honestly, what reason would aliens have for making pretty designs in crops and, now, sand?

The obvious answer is the one you already know about and dismiss: communication. You are deciding that an intelligent species would know our language? They may or may not. If they didn't, wouldn't it make more sense to write in symbols (something inherently understandable) versus writing full on sentences in alien greek. I suppose they could transcribe an alien Rosetta Stone for us, but maybe their language is just too different or complex. Either way, symbols by definition are more recognizable. If you try and communicate with a person of another language, or a deaf person, what do you do (assuming you don't speak or sign)?

These so-called signals or signs arent even permanent so they cant really be for their own reference, can it? (for global positioning purposes?)

Strong point against CC being used for that purpose I agree. Also if CC are real (some of them) I would think if they were used for aerial positioning purposed the symbols would be more uniform and simplistic... Personally my vote is communication (if real, i'm on the fence).

if they are trying to say something they ought to be a whole lot more direct and quit beating around the bush, or theyre man-made.

Pretty sure there is a logical fallacy in the argument there

I think one thing we can degree on right off the bat is that their ability to be 'more direct' is contingent upon their ability to communicate with us... the two have a direct relationship i.e if they speak audible English they could answer your questions about crop circles on a loud speaker. But if they communicate telepathically via implanted technology through a language they have never spoken aloud or written... maybe symbols is the most effective way they know how for us.

And we all know that most (probably all) crop circles are man-made.

We don't all know that. I would argue any of us posters 'knows' either way. I am assuming you are referring to the docs and admissions of guilt from human parties?

See that's why I am on the fence. That's the most common argument from the skeptic, but I watched those docs.. and it shows a group of guys spending ALL night (they only time they could) and make crop circles of significantly smaller sizes and significantly less complexity then many circles discovered. How do you reconcile that? You can't work during the day, so the only way to create those enormous and complex circles is if you had way way more people with boards. I dunno... I think iphone peeps would catch a parade of people making a circle imo.

Why should we assume this is any different?

We shouldn't be doing any assuming in either direction

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jest3r

Very good Jest3R.

Your thoughts were the same as mine. Identical.
At this point I am more interested in the symbols meaning than the making of it. I will be sleeping on this one. But for what its worth we are thinking the same thing.
Keep me posted with your thoughts.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
No tread track marks.

Exact cuts on edges. No dirt piles on sides.

Exact uniform depth.

I suggest not humanly done.
edit on 8/20/2011 by Jim Scott because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Great,,,
Now I have a cat gettin on my $hit

(backs away slowly)
I am now sure this was made by something,... yeah that is my final answer
edit on 20-8-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
No tread track marks.

Exact cuts on edges. No dirt piles on sides.

Exact uniform depth.

I suggest not humanly done.

I don't know man, check out those pics Dave Spanners posted. I am thinking this is same kind of deal.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jest3r

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Jest3r
Take a look at this link and let me know what you see. These are very similar.. Your thoughts?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
OK so we have lots and lots of crop (and now sand) circles around the world. But what do they mean? Apparently nothing. Perhaps it is a bunch of aliens that got ship wrecked on earth, got a hold of some of our better liquid refreshment, and are spending their time designing things whilst they wait for rescue. That is the most sense I can make out of it .

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join