It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Chinese sand circle reported southwest of Xining, China

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Ok, I am convinced that this thread has been overtaken by the inmates at a mental ward or insane asylum.
Carry on.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Let me speak for everyone when I say.......

"What in the HELL are you going on about"???
Did you accidentally reply to the wrong thread or sometihng??

first of all dont presume to speak for everyone...
secondly if you need the point spoon fed to you...the original comment i responded to was along the lines of the chinese could not accomplish a task like that,my point was it would be a small endeavour for them, and that they are the world superpower now.
do you understand now or will i take it down a notch again....maybe a cartoon would facilitate your understanding

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Another theory: Maybe if aliens made it, it's supposed to represent the tectonic plates on the earth. They could be trying to warn us about a supervolcano eruption, a huge earthquake/tsunami, or something like that.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Could be the beginning layout of yet another Ghost City. China has built massive cities no one lives in.

Ghost Cities of China
www.dailymail.co.uk...
Des
edit on 20-8-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
wow...a crop circle in the sand. damn near as interesting as a white light in the dark sky.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
There is a video here:
v.youku.com...

I don't see much more that it adds to the conversation.
Though somewhere on that page, might be the date and time of upload, in Chinese.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Could be the beginning layout of yet another Ghost City. China has built massive cities no one lives in.

Ghost Cities of China
www.dailymail.co.uk...
Des
DAMN they are productive over there

I like that theory, it doesn't involve aliens or people in the middle of the desert with wooden planks or steamrollers, and it makes a lot of sense.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
OK let’s rework this folks.

Instead of attempting to determine what or who made this. (We will not know at this point without more information).

SO lets stop the bickering and

Let’s concentrate on the symbol itself and determine the meaning of the design.

If we have a theory on the meaning we can then use that information and apply it to the possible forces used to create this design… In other words reverse engineering

Like I said earlier I am seeing a YIN YANG (Possibly applying to celestial bodies)?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
That is most definetly

a

sand circle.

Marbles anyone.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by vipertruck99

maybe a cartoon would facilitate your understanding

Yes,I would appreciate that, and thank you.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
I'm surprised no one's asked the obvious question .... where's the tonnes of material that was excavated to make the design ? I don't see any sign of it.

1 to 2 kms in length and a depth of almost 10 cms ... thats a heck of a lot of material to dig up and then dispose off !

ETA: Hmmmmm ... I suppose instead of excavating it could have actually been compressed if it was a very loose sand/soil type of material.
edit on 20/8/11 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

Yeah... It is sand... It can be packed down...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

As much as I would like to believe, I think this is fake. The pics look fabricated.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
the Steam roller idea does not make sence to me, wouldn't you see tracks leading to and away, even if it was on a trailer or something.

when i look at crop circles, theres normally a pathway or channel of that people could have walked in to cover there tracks, and to allso help make the circle.

just my quick thoughts.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Berenai

Again, I'll ask, does anyone else see the road/path leading to the left side of the formation, at the far end (at the foot of the mountains), in the last picture?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It'd be nice to see a view from directly above.
But anyone notice how this resembles that other crop circle with 3 circles connected with a line.
On October 28th, the sun earth and Jupiter are going to be in a line, while Jupiter is at it's closest point to Earth.
Perhaps they are trying to portray the message that the pole shift happens on that day. Just a thought since I liked that pole shift theory someone proposed on first page.
This is all assuming it's not just a hoax.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
isnt this related to mercury missing>?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by Berenai

Again, I'll ask, does anyone else see the road/path leading to the left side of the formation, at the far end (at the foot of the mountains), in the last picture?

yes... very plainly. did i miss the sale on crazy pills today?
edit on 20-8-2011 by Scout... because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
meh, the ones my friend makes are better =P

circles.orconhosting.net.nz...
edit on 20/8/11 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
It'd be nice to see a view from directly above.
But anyone notice how this resembles that other crop circle with 3 circles connected with a line.
On October 28th, the sun earth and Jupiter are going to be in a line, while Jupiter is at it's closest point to Earth.
Perhaps they are trying to portray the message that the pole shift happens on that day. Just a thought since I liked that pole shift theory someone proposed on first page.
This is all assuming it's not just a hoax.

Ok, what I found is a little weird, but it definitely supports this theory.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
take a look at the crop circle I was talking about. What if the start of the series of circles represented the full moon in october...
count off the days from october 11th(the date of the full moon) to when october 28th would be...It's one day off.
This is a little too close for comfort. I'll be adding this new info the my thread about october 28th. Later tonight...after a bit more research.

Mostly I need to see how often they are wrong in their full moon predictions. IF they are off by one day and the full moon is on the 10th...we have an exact match.

Pole shift on the 28th/29th?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Scout...

People are discounting this being manmade because of the lack of tracks or a path leading up to the formation. It seems to me that such a path exists...at the base of the mountains.
Just making sure I'm not hallucinating.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join