It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Chinese sand circle reported southwest of Xining, China

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Heres a video of some people driving by the circle that might help with scale link It doesnt seem quite as big as stated as has already pointed out

It would be nice to get a translation of what they are saying
Anybody?
edit on 20-8-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by snowen20

I still think it’s a SAM site. Check the link below and you will see many similarities.

geimint.blogspot.com...

you might be on to something here...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Im with TDawgRex on this. It does resemble a Sam site, albeit from the "Nam" era.
Maybe something else is going down here. This is so obscure man, Chinese to English is a Beeatch. This could be anywhere, in china around or south of the Gobi. I have seen so many things jacked up in translation, not to mention no one in China even knows the rest of the world is getting the wrong message.

Looking at the video provided, it is smaller looking than claimed. Whatever it is it is typical Chinese strangeness. Maybe they are laying the groundwork for some unmanned city in the middle of the desert for any number of reasons. I wonder who is making the alien 2012 link? Is it the Chinese article or is it the people translating it?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by snowen20

I still think it’s a SAM site. Check the link below and you will see many similarities.

geimint.blogspot.com...

you might be on to something here...

The question being, why the hell do they need a SAM site there? That is not exactly a strategic location. I mean what are they protecting themselves from the Mongolian Air Force?

I can only figure that if it is a defensive configuration that they must be placing something near by. One can guess what that would be.

ETA: Once again figured it was Gobi, turns out ot was Tibet,....Duh Snowen20!
Ok that makes a little more sense.......but just a little.
edit on 20-8-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by spacevisitor

Seriously, this is China. The everyday citizens are just trying to survive. They have a lot of better things to do than engrave a pattern 3-5 inches deep, and a whole 1-2km large.....In the desert.

This is either Chinese Government or Alien....and I'd suggest the latter.

The reason I suggest the latter is because we really need to ask ourselves....when will we truly believe they exist? Are we being too selfish to expect them to just pop into the sky mass disclosure style?

I think it's time to start believing something is happening...and soon.

Hi LightAssassin, despite I am convinced that Aliens exist and are already here, I have so far no idea or any clue to by whom or why or for what purpose that circle is made there.
I hope of course that we will soon receive more information and pictures about it.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
To the ones saying "OMG steamroller", sorry but damn near impossible.

There are two types of common steamrollers. There are those with the roller in the front and wheels in the back, and those with double rollers. The ones with the wheels in the back are capable of pretty decent turning, however, the ones with the double rollers are terrible handlers and would be hard pressed to do anything other then a straight line.

Now look at the pattern. Do you see tire tracks? No. If the roller capable of making the turns seen in that image was used, there would be tire tracks on top of the entire pattern. If the double roller was used, it would have been impossible to make the circles seen in the pattern.

Let's take a look at something else.

Look at the first picture in the OP. Notice the circle? Notice the light dirt ring inside the circle? Whatever made that circle never left the circle on the path, but was picked up and removed from the circle which would have had to be made before or at the same time as the straight path. Otherwise, the path would be visible through the circle and a trail would be left behind after leaving the circle.

Now I can't say much about the other circles due to the pictures being so far zoomed out, but I belief that first circle is telling that there is more to this than simply meets the eye.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

OMG STEAMROLLER!!!

So, a double roller probably cant make a turn in a circle that is probably at least 50' in diameter?
That is strange considering that not a week ago while walking to he gym I had to move out of the way for a large double roller (Made In China) that was turning around in a two way street.

Before you discredit this as BS for the illogical movements of a steam roller on a two lane street, please know I currently live in a 3rd world country where crazy stuff like that goes on.
I see nothing there that is so tight that it cannot be completed by a steam roller.

Also, I said I did see what looks like compressed tire tracks in the fourth photo down from the top. The parallel dark lines or light lines running the full length of the whole pattern.

I'm not personally saying that a steam roller made this, but I would think that before I would believe aliens did it.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Sorry, I just had to laugh when the mental giants here suggested it was a steamroller.
I thought it was an inside joke at first so I read thru the entire thread and found.......they were serious.!!!!

Thanks for the laugh guys.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Sarcastic mental giant here, why can it not be?
Asshattery and trollology must be your major education right?
Or let me guess, you think it was E.T. right?

Quit trying to insult people and ad insight instead, also stop being a D-Bag.

Just sayin...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It is probably the remains of a former military installation. Probably from the WW2 era.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

First of all, thank you for calling me a mental giant.

Now...instead of laughing at the suggestion, I'd suggest you do one (or both) of two things: explain why it can't be a steamroller, and/or suggest another alternative (such as a SAM site). I think you'll find that merely laughing at us "mental giants" does nothing for you, not to mention the thread.

My suggestion of it being a steamroller was off-the-cuff, but I feel it's much closer to the cause than aliens. Mainly because I fail to see why aliens would bother writing in our fields (and now, apparently, in our sand) using symbols, glyphs, and patterns we can't understand, especially if they're trying to tell us something of any importance.
But, then, I could be wrong. Maybe even the best of us are are all just mental midgets.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
reply to post by Screwed

Just sayin...

You got me pegged.
I majored in asshattery with a minor in trollology.
and who said anything about E.T.?

I have to laugh when people start pulling explinations out of their ass like.........STAEM ROLLERS!!!

Sorry but that made my morning. I almost had coffee coming out of my nose.
That's MY insight!

Now, I don't claim to be Einstein but then again, you don't have to be in order to see that it isn't a steam roller!!

But hey, don't let me ruin your fun there sweetheart.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Huge skeptic here,.
So with that being said,. this one is very interesting for me.
Steam roller? ha ha,.
what did they do air drop it in? and to have the lay out as accurate as it "seems"
And I thought salt flats were VERY hard. so to get a consistent depth would be difficult.
and to me I could see pole shift as a possibility for that one..
nice to see something that isnt of board made variety.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Originally posted by snowen20
reply to post by Screwed

Just sayin...

You got me pegged.
I majored in asshattery with a minor in trollology.
and who said anything about E.T.?

I have to laugh when people start pulling explinations out of their ass like.........STAEM ROLLERS!!!

Sorry but that made my morning. I almost had coffee coming out of my nose.
That's MY insight!

Now, I don't claim to be Einstein but then again, you don't have to be in order to see that it isn't a steam roller!!

But hey, don't let me ruin your fun there sweetheart.

Phew,,, Thankfully I now know I don't have to take anything you say seriously.
I Iadmit fell for it, at first I thought you might be a real member of ATS and not a troll.
Jokes on me, ya rolled me like a youtube video good job hero.

Troll away screwed, you little rascal you.

Carry on baby!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Steam role...............I dont know man I read someone post and it struck a cord because I saw a similar thing with a steam roller making a subdivision gated community here where I live. flattened the dirt out like that. Reminded me.

Also they said this pattern was near a highway or something.
Who cares, maybe a monk came by and pulled some earth wind fire water BS out of his monkey god magic pouch or something.

How about a grater, how about weird wind forces or strange magnetic forces, or maybe this is just a weird thread made from the negative vibrations of the world and the nearness of Niburu or some other new age crap.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by Screwed

Mainly because I fail to see why aliens

Since you brought up aliens I will say this.

When people say that something isn't possible because THEY can't see why an Alien would do it what does that say?? It says that you are familiar with Aliens,Alien civilizations,Alien mindset and Alien Mentality. Given all of those things, I can't seee why an Alien would............!

I am not familiar enough with Alien technology,mindset,mentality or civilizations to be able to make that call.
I find it incredibly amusing to watch people pontificate on "what aliens would do" as if they would do what we would do and our "logic" is their logic. Our thoughts are their thoughts. Our mentality is their mentality and on and on we go.

Does that make sense to you at all?
I hope I am making sense here.

Now, enough of the Alien talk.
Steam rollers?
Seriously?
I honestly feel I will lose IQ points if I even address this topic in a serious way.
Sorry.
I can't afford to lose any more.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

My point is, if they are trying to communicate with us through crop circles, it's not working. So, either we're too stupid (and, if they care enough to warn us, then thy must know how stupid we are) or their methods are too convoluted. Regardless, that would seem to be an oversight on their part.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by Screwed

My point is, if they are trying to communicate with us through crop circles, it's not working. So, either we're too stupid (and, if they care enough to warn us, then thy must know how stupid we are) or their methods are too convoluted. Regardless, that would seem to be an oversight on their part.

Now, who's is the one to determine that it isn't working?????

YOU?!?!

Have you thought that all of the way through??
Because YOU can't make sense out of it then NO ONE can?????
REALLY?!?!?!

I am sure there are brilliant minds who know exactly what they are communicating, that is, if indeed "they" are the ones doing it.For all you know, our governments are enlisting the brightest and best minds this world has to offer and we are well aware of what these mean.

For all you know, we have people who have been personally taught this language by the Aliens themselves
and are somewhat of a translator for us and them.

Let your mind out of its box and stop trying to make everything fit into that tight little space.
I'm not saying this IS what is happening but anything is possible.(except for steamrollers)lol
I am not prepared to say that, because I don't understand it then....it doesn't exist.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

That's an interesting waste of time - communicating so publicly when the message is only for the government, who might already understand them anyway. If this is the case, then why bother with the cryptic nature in the first place? And why not just speak directly to the government?

What we have here are four distinct possibilities:

1. We're too stupid to understand crop circles that are meant for us, so the aliens are stupid for continuing to make them.
2. The aliens are sadistic and are just sending such cryptic messages to screw with us and watch us run around in circles, so-to-speak.
3. The aliens are sadistic and are making the messages in such a public manner to taunt us while knowing full well that the messages are only intended for (and decipherable by) the government.
4. Crop circles are terrestrial in origin.

I know which I find most logical. It doesn't preclude the possibility of the others, but it certainly makes the most sense - to me.

Now, this steamroller thing... did you also laugh at the plank and rope idea? Because people are amazingly innovative. I'm not seriously suggesting a steamroller (as I said, the comment was off-the-cuff), but I am suggesting that it's most likely man-made. And a steamroller-esque explanation would in no way surprise me.
edit on 20-8-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Sorry, I just had to laugh when the mental giants here suggested it was a steamroller.
I thought it was an inside joke at first so I read thru the entire thread and found.......they were serious.!!!!

Thanks for the laugh guys.

No having lived next to a salt flat I can tell you that if you push down even walking you break through and leave a print a couple inches deep (i am sure there are different kids though) ...although here the third picture down you can see someone drove across the circle and did not sink in the material not compressed.
You can clearly see evenly spaced rows of some kind of track on the circle. I think the round parts of the circle have a darker line simply because of the pressure during the tight turn.
here is another picture included at the bottom closeup of the edge
www.earthfiles.com...
the thing we need is Google earth for this site because whatever was done would have to show a clear truck path to the circle there would be no way to accomplish this unless there is a connecting track.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join