It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12-year-old boy jailed for 30 years

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by BoneMosaic

Originally posted by Brokenbackrest

Originally posted by Vitchilo

He shot the man and tried to cover it up, now he will pay for his crimes. Good riddance. His family should lose all social security payments as well should they be getting any.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Brokenbackrest because: (no reason given)

You fail so much...

Paul Henry Gingerich is serving a prison sentence for the shooting that killed a friend’s step-father. Even though he didn’t pull the trigger — or know that he was going to be a part of the murder plot — Gingerich was sentenced to 30 years in jail.

Can't you read?

Even if he had pulled the triigger, the kid is freaking 12. He should go in jail for the rest of his life... he should be in counseling/rehabilitation... mental facility...

The kid is 12, you can still put him on the right track.

No, YOU fail so much, by falling for this little cretin's family propaganda. Of course they are going to say that he is innocent, never pulled the trigger, but the fact is, he is a little psychopath who needs to be kept locked up.

Until there is hard evidence that he was involved in pre-meditated murder you can't make that judgement.

Yes I can, and just did. But for your benefit, I will say it again. This was a preplanned murder, Paul Henry Gingerich was involved from the beginning both during planning and the actual murder. He knew full well what he was doing both at the time of planning and when he pulled the trigger.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Wheras in European countries, especially Nordic Countries it is based more on Rehabilitation

Which is why we get things like the Norway shootings. Crime is crime, and a punishment must be harsh no matter how old the person is.

seriously?

ignorant much?

since the USA's system is working so perfectly, care to explain:
- columbine killings
- unabomber killings
- tucson shooting
- oklohoma

etc?

ETA:

i just needed to say this.
you're talking about harsh punishments, do you consider solitary confinment a 'harsh' punishment?
please answer this question because then i know you're way of thinking.

i see solitary confinement as a legalized form of torture.

edit on 19-8-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w

Wheras in European countries, especially Nordic Countries it is based more on Rehabilitation

Which is why we get things like the Norway shootings. Crime is crime, and a punishment must be harsh no matter how old the person is.

seriously?

ignorant much?

- columbine killings
- unabomber killings
- tucson shooting

etc?

You forgot Oaklahoma.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Brokenbackrest

He shot the man and tried to cover it up, now he will pay for his crimes. Good riddance. His family should lose all social security payments as well should they be getting any.

Could you provide some links or proof to this comment please? i would be interested to see why you have this attitude.

Guilty and no doubt fully involved in the planning. Hopefully when he gets to 18 they can retrial him and sentence him to death.

This sound almost personal... you really think that the death penalty should be used on a twelve year old boy for being involved in the planning? That’s if you can actually provide more proof than "no doubt"

Right because America has far less high school murders and maniacs on gun rampages than Norway doesn’t it

The Virginia Tech massacre

Fort Hood shooting

Man dressed as Santa kills nine at party

Gunman massacres eight Christmas shoppers in Omaha mall rampage

Columbine high school

deadly school rampage of neo-Nazi loner

The list goes on...

The death penalty is not a deterrent... never has been... it is merely a way for other psychopaths to get their kicks and justify it without fear of the law.

Peace

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

seriously?

ignorant much?

- columbine killings
- unabomber killings
- tucson shooting

etc?

I don't know, since I don't live under the US legal system. I do know, that in Singapore where the cane is given for young offenders, Juvenile Crime rates are some of the lowest on earth. So, harsh penalties work. Deal with it.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Brokenbackrest

Liberalism? Your power of synthesis amazing. Seriously, you psychoanalyzed and categorized me based on the one post all by yourself? You must be proud of yourself dispensing judgement like that. Were you the judge that sentenced the kid by any chance? Lol.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
What America needs is SHARIA law.

That will reduce crime.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

seriously?

ignorant much?

- columbine killings
- unabomber killings
- tucson shooting

etc?

You forgot Oaklahoma.

added oklohoma

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

you're talking about harsh punishments, do you consider solitary confinment a 'harsh' punishment?

i say solitary confinement as a legalized form of torture.

Not really, as prisoners are provided with food, water, heat, a bed, clothes, showers, a private toilet etc.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

seriously?

ignorant much?

- columbine killings
- unabomber killings
- tucson shooting

etc?

I don't know, since I don't live under the US legal system. I do know, that in Singapore where the cane is given for young offenders, Juvenile Crime rates are some of the lowest on earth. So, harsh penalties work. Deal with it.

you're so sure of yourself.
then care to explain how 'solitary confinement' is helping people?

and how many us inmates say the current system is making them worse.

and when you think about it, it's not that farfetched.

inmates:
- need to fend for themselves in prison
- they'll get egoistic/agressiv and most have a short temper
- are deprived of all luxury items in life (IMHO very very wrong)
- are out of society for 10-15-20-25 years, try 'reintegrating' in society when you were out of it for 25 years. society moves on, prison life does not.

imho
offenders being excluded from 'normal' society is the punishment, the prison itself doesn't have to be a second punishment.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Not really, as prisoners are provided with food, water, heat, a bed, clothes, showers, a private toilet etc.

Remember the UK got done in the European Courts for using the stress positions on prisoners. That is against the law. It is considered a cruel punishment.

Britain is a heavy user of the stress position, as is America I am sure during detentions.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Prisons in America are BIG BUSINESS.

Wasnt there a judge that ended up in prison for sending youths to prison for money?

Big business is big business, it needs and wants more money.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

Im sorry, i often like your posts but have to strongly disagree with at least one statement here - Britain being one of the most unsafe places to live in the world?
What are you talking about?
Britain has low crime levels, low violent crime levels, etc etc. I would much rather live here than in many many parts of the world. Ok i accept that there is gun crime, but it is of such a low level numbers wise not to concern ourselves about.

I genuinely believe that most of our problems these days are down to the media and rolling / constant news - we are always on the look out for the next issue to discuss to death and raise fear levels, sorry raise ratings
This can applied to any of the issues occurring. Take us ATS'ers for example. We are all clearly the type of person interested by the world around us and discussing this interest with others. Every day there are many many topics to discuss and every day the world goes on............probably a lesson there somewhere! Look at the financial crisis - we have now had 2 years of bad news on a daily basis about economics - is it any suprise that there is such market volatility? Repeat something enough and it takes on a life of its own, becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

Look at the riots - looting is bad but the way it has been portrayed in the media, you could be forgiven for thinking that we have never experienced this kind of thing before. Hell, go back to the 1920's and Winston wanted to get the tanks on the street to get rid of rioters! (have actually seen a very cool old black and white film of then First Lord of the Admiralty Churchill aiming his pistol at rioters in London).

The point im trying (unsuccessfully) to make is that the UK is very safe compared to just about any other part of the world. But if you read the Daily Mail or get constant rolling news you are never going to believe that because it is shoved down your throat just how terrible our society and world is

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

really?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

if a toilet, shared by 6 people, is a private toilet to you, so be it.

do a little home experiment.

go to your room, lock yourself in there for a weak and see how you cope.
and you probably have a tv/pc/xbox on your room so you can enjoy yourself.

but can you IMIGANE being locked up for 23 hours a day, deprived of all incentives.
and the 1 hour you're out of your cell, you got to work out in ANOTHER cage.

INHUMAN

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Remember the UK got done in the European Courts for using the stress positions on prisoners. That is against the law. It is considered a cruel punishment.

Britain is a heavy user of the stress position, as is America I am sure during detentions.

Good, I continue to support the use of this method to ensure staff safety at these facilities. No respect should be paid to a prisoners rights.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

then try and start making some sense.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

No, what is inhuman is treating these scumbags like humans whilst a family is grieving the loss of a loved one. He should be kept in a windowless cell, with no mattress, no blankets, one meal of bread and water and absolutely no outside contact under any circumstances. Leave a bucket in there for him to use and empty it every fortnight.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Brokenbackrest because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by JennaDarling

Im sorry, i often like your posts but have to strongly disagree with at least one statement here - Britain being one of the most unsafe places to live in the world?
What are you talking about?
Britain has low crime levels, low violent crime levels, etc etc. I would much rather live here than in many many parts of the world. Ok i accept that there is gun crime, but it is of such a low level numbers wise not to concern ourselves about.

I genuinely believe that most of our problems these days are down to the media and rolling / constant news - we are always on the look out for the next issue to discuss to death and raise fear levels, sorry raise ratings
This can applied to any of the issues occurring. Take us ATS'ers for example. We are all clearly the type of person interested by the world around us and discussing this interest with others. Every day there are many many topics to discuss and every day the world goes on............probably a lesson there somewhere! Look at the financial crisis - we have now had 2 years of bad news on a daily basis about economics - is it any suprise that there is such market volatility? Repeat something enough and it takes on a life of its own, becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

Look at the riots - looting is bad but the way it has been portrayed in the media, you could be forgiven for thinking that we have never experienced this kind of thing before. Hell, go back to the 1920's and Winston wanted to get the tanks on the street to get rid of rioters! (have actually seen a very cool old black and white film of then First Lord of the Admiralty Churchill aiming his pistol at rioters in London).

The point im trying (unsuccessfully) to make is that the UK is very safe compared to just about any other part of the world. But if you read the Daily Mail or get constant rolling news you are never going to believe that because it is shoved down your throat just how terrible our society and world is

Yes you are correct, Britain has low crime, America has HUGE endemic crime.

But compared to Scandanavian countries, Britian has high crime , my reference was reletive to them not reletive to Ameriica sorry if that was confusing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join