It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12-year-old boy jailed for 30 years

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brokenbackrest

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
i just needed to say this.
you're talking about harsh punishments, do you consider solitary confinment a 'harsh' punishment?
please answer this question because then i know you're way of thinking.

i say solitary confinement as a legalized form of torture.

edit on 19-8-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

Not really, as prisoners are provided with food, water, heat, a bed, clothes, showers, a private toilet etc.

Remember the UK got done in the European Courts for using the stress positions on prisoners. That is against the law. It is considered a cruel punishment.

Britain is a heavy user of the stress position, as is America I am sure during detentions.

Good, I continue to support the use of this method to ensure staff safety at these facilities. No respect should be paid to a prisoners rights.

no respect should be paid to 'trolls' either.

every single one of us here is a potential prisoner, YES including you.

you sir, lack some serious compassion.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

you're talking about harsh punishments, do you consider solitary confinment a 'harsh' punishment?

Not really, as prisoners are provided with food, water, heat, a bed, clothes, showers, a private toilet etc.

Remember the UK got done in the European Courts for using the stress positions on prisoners. That is against the law. It is considered a cruel punishment.

Britain is a heavy user of the stress position, as is America I am sure during detentions.

Good, I continue to support the use of this method to ensure staff safety at these facilities. No respect should be paid to a prisoners rights.

No problem there, when you get locked up for a speeding ticket or something in future, it may happen to you..

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

no respect should be paid to 'trolls' either.

every single one of us here is a potential prisoner, YES including you.

you sir, lack some serious compassion.

No, I have compassion, but only for the victims. Those who commit the crimes should lose their human rights. Simple.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

this is a HYPOTHETICAL situation.

look mate.
you got a girlfriend?

let's say you do for the sake of this argument.

look you come home from a hard day of work, you open your frontdoor and you see your girl getting raped by your neighbour.

most likely you'll snap, you hit the man.
the man instantly dies, makes you a murderer, doesn't it?

should YOU be deprived of all basic rights also?

you've never done anything wrong and all that changed within several seconds.

should you ALSO be in a windowless cell?

stop looking at these issues with your white/black attitude.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Yo .
Take a chill pill , dude .

We have a saying here in the UK . " If you can't do the time , don't do the crime " .

Can we get back on topic now ?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Yo .

We have a saying here in the UK . " If you can't do the time , don't do the crime " .

i agree with this saying to a certain extent.

there are situations wich potentially could make every single one of us here a murderer.

that's why i don't agree with his stance, no.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

In denmark every employee has a right to a window from their office. THat is why they count their employe capacity based on the number of windows in the building (no kidding)

I would imagine that also translates to prison buildings

Not a bad thing, you dont want your employees or prisoners to become mad men when they get released into the world agian.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

reply to post by kn0wh0w

Yo .

This is the Liberal/Marxist arguing tactic, attempt to shout down your opponent until they cave in. His namby pamby attitude to prisons and justice is the reason why our country is full of unruly teens running around stabbing each other, looting shops, burning homes and private property. Prison should be a place that instils nothing but fear in the hearts of future criminals. Fear of the conditions and what the guards will do if you so much as think of stepping out of line.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

reply to post by kn0wh0w

Yo .

This is the Liberal/Marxist arguing tactic, attempt to shout down your opponent until they cave in. His namby pamby attitude to prisons and justice is the reason why our country is full of unruly teens running around stabbing each other, looting shops, burning homes and private property. Prison should be a place that instils nothing but fear in the hearts of future criminals. Fear of the conditions and what the guards will do if you so much as think of stepping out of line.

yet they don't install fear, they remove every single bit of 'fear'.

in current prisons, normall people are turned into animalls.

i'm not shouting you down in any way, i'm here for a serious discussion.

allthough i'm not taking back anything i said.

i think you're delusional and lack serious compassion.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Brokenbackrest

I totally agree with you .
Prison is like a hotel to some people here in the good ol UK.
Plasma TV's , games consoles & an endless supply of drugs .....Yeah really harsh.

Bring on the iso-cubes !
edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

25 years, not 30 (last 5 are probation)
And according to court document not only did 3 teens plan the murder, but two (including the lad in your article) each fired two shots at the man. They actually admitted as much in court.

After Lundy gave a signal, Gingerich, and another 12-year-old boy came into the Lundy house. Tyler said Gingerich went into the home through Lundy's bedroom window and Lundy gave Gingerich the handgun. Tyler continued, saying Lundy and Gingerich then went into the living room and sat on the couch and a chair waiting for Danner to come to the doorway between the kitchen and living room. When Danner did, Tyler said both boys fired two shots.

www.cbsnews.com...
(from 8 months ago)

I hope he enjoys his stint in jail .. I'm certain he won't be a productive member of society afterwards, so why let him out anyways..

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

reply to post by kn0wh0w

Yo .

Then start instilling fear, let guards beat the crap out of inmates who kick off and allow them access to the liquid kosh for repeat offenders, make low level criminal prisoners do nothing but drill in an open square for 12 hours a day every day, rain or shine, make prisoners scared of prison and they wont commit offences.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

I totally agree with you .
Prison is like a hotel to some people here in the good ol UK.
Plasma TV's , games consoles & an endless supply of drugs .....Yeah really harsh.

Bring on the iso-cubes !
edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

then exactly explain to me how stripping a person from all basic rights, makes him a better man in the long run?

you know it won't and that's never going to happen.

then stop expecting these man and women to be 'productive' members of society when they come out.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

reply to post by kn0wh0w

Yo .

Then start instilling fear, let guards beat the crap out of inmates who kick off and allow them access to the liquid kosh for repeat offenders, make low level criminal prisoners do nothing but drill in an open square for 12 hours a day every day, rain or shine, make prisoners scared of prison and they wont commit offences.

HAHAHA.

again seriously?

i'm signing off, need to get to work.

shall we agree to disagree?

obviously you're never going to convince me, same way i won't convince you.

let me be very clear!:

i understand you're way of thinking, i used to think the same way.
i just strongely disagree with it

off to work.

peace.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

I dont want to see these people back in society . I want to see them stigmatised . I want them never to forget their time behind bars .
Ex prisoners are given hero status by their friends .

I am fed up of seeing repeat offenders going in and out of prison for the same crimes.

Give them a SHORT SHARP SHOCK .

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

reply to post by kn0wh0w

I dont want to see these people back in society . I want to see them stigmatised . I want them never to forget their time behind bars .
Ex prisoners are given hero status by their friends .

I am fed up of seeing repeat offenders going in and out of prison for the same crimes.

Give them a SHORT SHARP SHOCK .

you don't see the hypocrisy in that statement?

so every offender should be serving a life-term?

give them a SHORT SHARP SHOCK?

ehm someone has the pull the switch, give the injection or give them the bullets.

that makes two killers, no matter how you look at it.

allthough 1 killer is exempted from a trail, because the 'law' said this murder was not really a murder.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Which system is working?
Let's let the figures and maps show us.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.mapsofworld.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Which system is working?
Let's let the figures and maps show us.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.mapsofworld.com...

Or we could just ignore what Eurofail countries do and attain a system that works based on our own needs?
Maps and figures are pointless.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

How can you be so sure that this child is a
cretin,psychopath?Do you know his family
personally or are you just spewing out trash
talk?
I agree with the op,the kid is only 12 years old.
Something doesn't smell right about this case.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join