It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the REAL Looters: "Merkel and Sarkozy Want £13 billion a year from UK taxpayers to save Euro

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well, I trust NOTHING that Sarkozy does -- he is after all, a NeoCon.

But what sort of "transaction fee" are we talking about here? If Wall Street had a transaction fee to pay BACK all their bailouts and insure against future calamity -- it would have the double benefit of making "stock speculation" a more expensive scheme and would benefit REAL investors.

-- however, if the "transaction fee" were on people buying things -- that would be a really, really bad way to stick it to the average man and reduce economic activity ... nobody SANE would propose such a thing unless they WANTED the economy collapse -- would they?

So my guess -- this being Sarkozy, and nothing INTELLIGENT ever seems to get proposed -- it's the 2nd Plan. I'm just guessing however.

>> The REAL problem is the banks -- and in particular some US Hedge Funds using banks. Goldman Sachs got rich(er) shorting Greece and precipitating their slide into default -- and the Greeks were smart not to accept the usual WTO offer of "agree to our austerity demands."

Going bankrupt and saying; "we aren't going to pay back the thieving crooks who created these debt obligations for us" is NOT the worst thing in the world. All sorts of nations and people are hurting with the Status quo as it is -- it's not a system that works for everyone, after all. The wealthy and established -- they will see default as the worst thing in the world -- better to "limp on" and have the common man tighten his/her belt.

>> The thing is, so many of the "I'm doing OK crowd" who might have $100k or maybe a Million socked away in 401K's and other retirement assets -- they think that they don't want to rock the boat. But their "investments" have no guarantee of success -- and the market makers could, when the whim strikes them -- make all these "solid investments" become worthless paper. Businesses are low-balling Unions, benefits, pensions and everything else because they have to "be competitive" - and what do they do? Sit on ever larger and larger profits.

Unless there is REAL reform to prevent the market manipulations that give rise to the imbalances -- any fee to bail the Euro out is only stalling for time.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
I suspect Cameron and Osbourne have already agreed to this and not matter what we say/do/think or feel he'll do whatever Merkel or Sarkozy tell him to.

What a sorry state of affairs.

You're almost there.

You see that what is presented to you isn't really what's going on, but you still don't see the bigger picture: Cameron, Sarkozy, all these people, they have no real power, and make no real decisions. They are figureheads, just actors who get their hair done and then make up and then wardrobe comes by and puts them in a nice ironed suit, someone puts a microphone on their lapel and then flips on the teleprompter and say "3....2....1...." and then you hear the actor in the suit read the lines he was told to read.

Now who WRITES those lines?

You and I do not know, because we are not supposed to know.

We are supposed to direct all our anger at figureheads, so that the figureheads can be the fall guys if necessary, to protect those who are actually in charge.

Everybody is angry about the current state of the country, but who are they mad at? Obama.

So you see, Obama is just a scapegoat, same with them all. We are used as pawns, but so is Sarkozy, Cameron, Obama, just the same way we are, except instead of pawns they are more like rooks. They have a little bit of movement ability and a little bit of power, just enough to be useful.... to the King.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DieBravely

So I believe you are closes to the truth here than even me, so far, yes nothing but figure heads and puppets in the game of chance that those behind governments around the world are playing with nations economies and their citizens well being.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

The answer is the connection between banks, if Greece goes, Europe goes, US goes, in short the whole economy.
It is like a first domino falling.
But in the end this is the only solution, there is no way we will grow out of this mess.
And i'm sorry to say but i do hope wallstreet will be taken to court for the massive fraud they committed and causing this meltdown.
I want you to think about the word slavery, it is not about slavery, its just that to many depends on this system, like pensions and insurances, companies, factories, projects, so more people will be unable to stand on their own because there are no jobs.
This system relies on liquidity, it is the lifeblood of the economy, but because banks made a huge mess through fraudulant actions it is on the brink of collapsing.
Without Goldman Sach and the former Greek government manipulating their books, Greece would not be in this mess.
Partly it is also a fault of the EU, because some countries were not following the rules, so their debt and deficit was higher then it should have been, specialy in Italy.
Is it worth saving? yes, can it be saved? no, the injections through QE helps banks but not the working class so with a decline in income and rise in prices, it destroys the real economy in which you, me, he and she lives, through the shifting of wealth.
We actually are free to bash a bank, we are even free to take down a bank, we did.
Unlike the UK and the US were it is forbidden and much is censored like they do with Ron Paul, we have many people investigating and reporting misconceptions and action is taken against it.
So i really do not think slavery is involved here, just plain fraud and greed.

The only way to grow is through jobs and manufacturing, actually produce stuff and sell it.
So companies and factories are the answer to this crisis, not the printer.
I myself stay as far away from banks as i possibly can because they are only looting people with their products based on investments.
A loan i would take if really needed, but against normal interest, i would certainly not take a creditcard like you people have and pay 20 percent interest a month on it, thats theft.

edit on 19-8-2011 by earthling42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by zatara

And you elected people who had agreements with such groups. Investigate before you make your decisions. 'Tis the heart of all woes.

I know it is always better to vote than not to vote so ....for a few years now I do vote on the party for animal rights here in The Netherlands....I do not vote on mainstream candidates or parties just because for the reason I mentioned. I do not trust any of these slick snakes in suits.

So what you say is not entirly applicable to my situation.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Well sure it is. Someone can be for animal rights and also for taking away your rights.

In reality, you have to realize you live under a democracy or a democratic republic. What that means is that it's the most good for the most amount of people. Ergo until most people are disappointed in your country there's really nothing you can do about it.

Of course, you do live in the Netherlands. You're lucky not to live in somewhere that will easily become animals in chaos. Your country has a track record of keeping it's stuff together through hell or high water.

Naturally it's easier for you to organize and get your message across in a much smaller, much more efficient government. So do just that.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

Whose we? The truth is that most people in Europe don't want to be part of an EU fascist and corrupt superstate. That's why they refused to give most countries a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty, because they knew the majority would vote, "NO".

If the EU fascist agenda continues the way it has been, then just like my Grandad who fought during WW2, I look forward to waging war against the rest of Europe.
Fortunately it will never come to this, simply because the EU superstate and curency is already doomed and destined to fail, but not before taking down every country in the EU with it.
If you like the idea of perpetually flogging a dead horse, then you should'nt hesitate in joining the EU.
Welcome to the cesspit.

edit on 20-8-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

I guess your grandad is also proud of those Neo Nazis in Britain.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree
Perhaps I'm wrong, but isn't the "City of London" Britain's Wall Street?

From O.P.'s article:

The ‘Tobin tax’ would disproportionately hit the City of London, which accounts for about 70 per cent of the financial services industry in Europe.

and

A transactions tax – also known as a Robin Hood tax because it targets rich traders – would see a small percentage taken from foreign exchange and share transactions.

Like I said, maybe I'm misreading this, but aren't they proposing a tax on all financial trades?

I'd be all for something like that to be imposed on Wall Street here in the U.S.

Would you be infavour of Canada imposing a tax on Wall st in order to help prop up their currency, because that is essentially what the the Germans are proposing a tax that will hit Britain for the benefit of the EURO a currency the UK is not a part of.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillyBoBBizWorth
Yep,"suits" steal thousands to millions of dollars.

While hooded looters steal a ipod and such,what a tragedy that these people steal a piece of technology junk...

What a joke,just like the EU.

Most of my Wee Country, work hard and pay taxes....And who doesnt moan about paying taxes these days? We have a god given right to, as anyone else in Britan.

Where do you get your information from that tells you,that you have a "god" given right to pay taxes?
What a load of BS.
If god even existed,or was 100% proved to exist,i dont think "god" would give a crap about taxes,or a piece of paper that we call money...dont you think?

Taxes is a man made invention remember,just like money.Its not a holy sign from "god".

edit on 19-8-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

You misqouted me. I said a god given right to MOAN about paying (rip off taxes). GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by BillyBoBBizWorth
Yep,"suits" steal thousands to millions of dollars.

While hooded looters steal a ipod and such,what a tragedy that these people steal a piece of technology junk...

What a joke,just like the EU.

Most of my Wee Country, work hard and pay taxes....And who doesnt moan about paying taxes these days? We have a god given right to, as anyone else in Britan.

Where do you get your information from that tells you,that you have a "god" given right to pay taxes?
What a load of BS.
If god even existed,or was 100% proved to exist,i dont think "god" would give a crap about taxes,or a piece of paper that we call money...dont you think?

Taxes is a man made invention remember,just like money.Its not a holy sign from "god".

Just to clarify, I think this poster meant that it is their God-given right to MOAN about taxes. Wonky sentence structure almost got me, too.

My grammer's not to good... You aleast read an understood my post. Thankyou.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

I agree with you, I know that it was the US the one that started the mess that spread through EU and south too, it was the corruptions of the "too big to fail" and all those other banks that were under their spell.

That is why it was the US the one that provided most of the fund to save the central banks.

At the expenses of the citizens.

Because in America is not doubt who runs the government.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

What Neo Nazis are you referring too? If you're referring to the traitors in the British Government, then it's safe to say that he's probably rolling in his grave at how they've lied and betrayed everyone in this country.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

My grammer's not to good... You aleast read an understood my post. Thankyou.

mackey1224uk,

No worries,i misread,ill read abit thorough next time.

Cheers

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join