It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is the only way to Heaven.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

The Bible has nothing good to say about religion. Jesus Christ, Who was God in the flesh (1st Timothy 3:16), never started a religion. Jesus started the church, but it wasn't meant to be a religion. Of course, no religion can save your soul. Religion never could get anyone into heaven. Jesus clearly proclaimed in John 14:6 that He Himself is the ONLY Way into heaven..."Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." Salvation is not found in any religion, but in a Person The Lord Jesus Christ! The "Gospel" (good news) of Jesus Christ teaches: Jesus died, was buried, and rose again for our justification (1st Corinthians 15:1-4). If we simply admit to God that we are a sinner, and then believe upon the Lord Jesus Christ to forgive our sins...we will be saved (1st John 1:9; Acts 16:31; Romans 10:13).

This is the message I got as well. And this is why I do not want to be a part of a "Religion". I am so glad someone else got that message....man...starting to feel like a loner.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

Anybody that denies that Jesus Christ is the son of God has the spirit of the antichrist
What punishment is there for people who misquote the Bible?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SigilOfLux

Dear SigilOfLux,

I am not sure what your point is. I am a Christian and know the chapter and verse. It also says that there is only one unforgivable sin, do you think that it is not knowing Jesus' name? Here is my question, Enoch and Moses did not know the name of Jesus until after they died, were they saved? Are we saved by a ritual and knowing a name or are we saved because we have a heart of love and therefore truly know Jesus? In fact, it says many know his name and believe he is the Christ; but, are not saved by it. Even know his name and that he is the Christ now; but, they are not saved. The common answer is that they do not accept his salvation, perhaps forgiving others is what leads to salvation and not because we do it to be saved; but, because we do it because we believe it and by that are saved. Seems fairer doesn't it. Peace.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Anybody that denies that Jesus Christ is the son of God has the spirit of the antichrist

REV 22:18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

This of course refers to the book of revelation, but it clearly indicates that God dislikes people messing with his message.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManOfGod267
reply to post by MamaJ

Well what can I say? I have to ask to know more. Kind of odd twist. What as you a believer of Jesus feel the need for a Jesus? What happened before his birth, during his life, and after. I guess that is asking enough without putting a burden on the question for you.

I'm not burdened at all to answer the question.....as" I" see it.

Let me first start by saying...I "need" a Jesus kind of like I need my parents and my Grandparents. Only ....He, in my opinion has done sooooo much more for me. And no...its not about "doing something for me", just teaching me, guiding me, and loving me....as they do only he did it in a much more gruesome but horrific way. I look at God as my Father and I look at Jesus....kind of like my Father too but more in a Big Brother kind of way. Whether He is God by manifestation or not.....it doesn't really matter to me. Thats trivial. However, I think he is a separate entity from God....the Creator. We are all one though. It's a circle of life with an experience to be had and God has it through us.

The spirit of God can be had by any of us. When I allow my self to be lead by the spirit I find I am much happier. My life seems to flow in harmony and balance. Through hard times though is how I have become so close....I feel and sense Him and my loved ones who have gone home a lot.....but.....only when I allow the spirit of God to lead me. When I lead....ha....my life becomes unstable. I take note.

What happened before and after his birth is also trivial......I look much deeper. His message is all I care about. What HE said is what I try to live by....but I am no way perfect. I know.....he knows my heart.

I DO believe the only way to peace and harmony is through him, otherwise there is a place here on Earth deep within that is an awful place to be. I have heard about it from others and JESUS talks about it. People that have died to come back and tell a story say the same thing about Hell. You can be saved from Hell..and that is something only Jesus can do.

Hell and Heaven is a choice. Take it or leave it. Its the way it is. I believe it....doesn't mean you have to. No one has to believe.....do what you may.

All I can say is if you find yourself there....yell JESUS!!!

I never wanted it to be true (hell) ...but as I have gotten older and studied more....I just feel like it is the Truth. I believe every word of Jesus. He says it waaaay too many times for it to be a man made error not only that I believe the countless stories of Hell because they all say the same thing. I have studied Near Death Experiences extensively!!!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

REV 22:18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

This of course refers to the book of revelation, but it clearly indicates that God dislikes people messing with his message.
I'm just saying unless you have a version I do not know about, then you are misquoting 1John 2:22.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I mostly use the NIV (New International Version) and the KJV (King James Version).

I also use the ancient greek for direct linear translation when there appears to be an ambiguity within the english translation.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

All I can say is if you find yourself there....yell JESUS!!!

I never wanted it to be true (hell) ...but as I have gotten older and studied more....I just feel like it is the Truth. I believe every word of Jesus. He says it waaaay too many times for it to be a man made error not only that I believe the countless stories of Hell because they all say the same thing. I have studied Near Death Experiences extensively!!!!!
I was there in a "near death" (or actual death) experience and for some reason it did not occur to me to yell "Jesus". I said, "God please help me."

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I mostly use the NIV (New International Version) and the KJV (King James Version).

I also use the ancient greek for direct linear translation when there appears to be an ambiguity within the english translation.
Alright then you are misquoting it for some reason.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenOhhTwo

This guy knows whats up keep eating that big Kahuna burger.. That is a really good observation and something i have thought of myself.. I bet you have watched some of Joe Rogans videos right?
I've watched his stand up comedy lol. I've also seen a video where he debates the existence of Noah's Ark with some guy that believes it existed, that one is a classic.

Can you private message me the videos that you're talking about?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

No I am not.

It is word for word, letter for letter.

I have it in hard copies and as electronic files on my laptop.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

No I am not.
It looks like you made up your own verse and then threatening hell to anyone who does not take heed of it.
This just seems odd to me and then to deny it seems even odder.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

No I am not.
It looks like you made up your own verse and then threatening hell to anyone who does not take heed of it.
This just seems odd to me and then to deny it seems even odder.

How about you post what is written in your bible?

Tell us the version that you are using and then we can compare so we can put this issue to bed.

Please quote the passage that I am allegedly misquoting. Then others can check their own bibles to confirm who is telling the truth.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

All of these teaching are NOT based upon the Bible, but upon the works of darkness

What? Is the Bible self-created? If the Bible didn't create itself, then it is a work of darkness?

edit on 17-8-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SigilOfLux

i really believe that you may be taking the quotations out of context. i suggest when you read the bible, take into consideration the limit and perimeters of the language of the day, and the style in which they communicated....
that being said Jesus was right
edit on 17-8-2011 by Themadalchemist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

Logically you make no sense, your argument: god is all aound, we are all a part of god= god is everything.

Well the op is a thing, therefore god.

the op plays favorites therefore god does play favorites.

I know New age is appealing and all, but is really weak minded and spineless to present any logic at all. And please don't come back with quantum wave functions etc.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I already did and that was what you responded to.
I looks similar to 1John 2:22 but you switched it from denying the Father and the Son, to denying Jesus is the Son of God. So you are claiming authority to create your own verses and have the power to punish those who do not accept your version. I just think that you should check what you are writing when you damn everyone to hell.

edit on 17-8-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Just to clarify the KING JAMES VERSION is the most accurately translated modern bible, it uses transcripts from the textus receptus greek texts. Although you may struggle on some words, atleast you know your getting the truth and correct translation.

I will be back to this thread tomorrow to reply to some of the lies being spread and correct them.
edit on 17-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Just to clarify the KING JAMES VERSION is the most accurately translated modern bible, it uses transcripts from the textus receptus greek texts. Although you may struggle on some words, atleast you know your getting the truth and correct translation.
Well that's good. Because, you know, when I'm studying a book that contradicts dozens of other religious texts, I'm glad that this version of this religions book is the "truth".

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

This is the message I got as well. And this is why I do not want to be a part of a "Religion". I am so glad someone else got that message....man...starting to feel like a loner.
You need to think of NotYourTypical and his anti-religion signature. RevelationGenration and him are members of the same fraternity.

edit on 17-8-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join