It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is the only way to Heaven.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

If christians are ignorant brainwashed monkeys, then what does that make you?
And how do you answer the fundamental questions of life, such as how was the universe made and what's our purpose and how did humans come into existence...?
This is a backhanded insult and a way to lift yourself up as being superior based on your good intellect to know enough to buy into a religion that plays on people's desire to think that only smart people can understand it.
edit on 18-8-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

And to think i thought you was a christian at first... My gosh how your post's are starting to sound very bitter indeed.

You obviously have nothing better to do than fight something you don't even have a belief for haha.

Oh the irony...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

This version can be considered "inspired" other versions like the NIV for example cannot be.
The "inspiration" came from one King James who ordered the translators of the new English Bible to make sure it supported the doctrines of the Anglican Church.
Also as a source of "inspiration" was one Catholic humanist priest by the name of Erasmus who translated the text from the Greek and Hebrew into the modern standardized Latin used by scientists and lawyers, that the King James Version writers could easily translate into English.
Erasmus freely rewrote the text to make it sound good to his ear and added parts that he felt were missing and needed to be fixed, again according to what seemed good to him. He cherry picked all the available old manuscripts to select the versions that fit into his ideology which includes making faith to be a work of the believer in order to earn salvation.

Um no that's not true at all, i actually don't think you have a clue what your talking about.

Keep being a Liar for all i care it will get you no where.
edit on 18-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81

Religion is something that try's to get to God, but Christianity is the exact opposite because it is God getting to man as God knew we could not get to him so he came to us. Christianity is simply a relationship with God almighty no more no less.]

So Christianity isn't a religion, it's a relationship?

Come to Jesus and study what the bible says!

If Christianity isn't a religion, then why are you trying to convert us to Christianity?

Christianity is not a religion, its a way of life. Jesus said "i am the truth, the life and the way. NO ONE comes to the father (God) but through me".

Were not trying to convert people for the sake of forcing you to adhere to God's rules on how to live, we are trying to save you from an afterlife of damnation. It's because we CARE about you, even if we do not know you we wish for no harm to come to anyone. Christianity is a relationship with God through Jesus, and Jesus preached to love one another and to be at peace.

Christendom however, is not christianity. Christendom came from the Holy Roman Catholic Church who persecuted and murdered and tortured true christians in the Spanish Inquisition (and yes the Dominicans had the Pope's permission). This Roman Catholic Church was all about building an empire and regaining the glory of Rome and misusing Christ's teaching to force their will on everyone. They twisted Christ's teachings of loving your enemies as well as your neighbors, and do unto others as you would have them do unto you (also known as the Golden Rule). Yes the Golden Rule came from Jesus and no one else. How a church could go from "love your enemies and your neighbors" to "burn, torture and kill those who do not believe what you do" is the corruption of men and is not of God and God himself has judged them and their reckoning will come when they stand in front of the White Throne.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

And to think i thought you was a christian at first... My gosh how your post's are starting to sound very bitter indeed.

You obviously have nothing better to do than fight something you don't even have a belief for haha.

Oh the irony...
I am happy to say that if your definition of Christianity is the one that must be adhered to, then I renounce the name. It seems the antichrist is standing in the temple proclaiming himself to be God.
If the antichrist is pretending to be Christian, then I will not be included in that version of "Christianity". You claim to be a "Follower of Jesus" but not the Jesus I know. The one I know was born of a woman and had a father and was not God. Jesus was apparently a being who knew God, as in having come from the presence of God. There are some godlike attributes to that person he was, but the NT tells us he emptied himself to be a man. When Jesus went on his mission, he was baptized to become ceremonially clean and was filled with the holy spirit and proclaimed by God to be His son. Jesus is now risen and has gone back to God and is now our Lord.
The antichrist says he was not a fleshly man and could be nothing but pure because of his already pure and undefinable nature. This completely nullifies everything Jesus did and offers no salvation to man.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Atleast we have got that clear that your clearly not a christian then.

Jesus was not God? Ok so you believe in a fictional Jesus that you made up in your head...

There are numerous verses in the gospel where he made it clear who he was.

With the lies you speak makes you no better than the pharisees.

Your walking in darkness right now and are destined for hell.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

If christians are ignorant brainwashed monkeys, then what does that make you?

And how do you answer the fundamental questions of life, such as how was the universe made and what's our purpose and how did humans come into existence...?

i answer therm for myself, like jesus did.

i believe in parts of the bible. there is truth in it. but just enough to feel real to the masses. they know that the masses are dumb and believe anything. hence, when jesus was reaching the peak of His career...they killed Him.

"judgement" day is going to be more like "you were effing wrong you brainwashed retard" day

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Great post, couldn't of said it better myself.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Mind answering the questions i presented to you instead of just saying "i believe in parts of the bible".

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Um no that's not true at all, i actually don't think you have a clue what your talking about.

This is the same response I got from your fellow cult member NotYourTypical.
Just look up Erasmus and Bible in Wikipedia and you can see what it says and if I am a liar.
Your religion (meaning your particular sect of what would broadly be considered christianity if you were not strict on the definition) is in a bit of trouble with the advent of the internet that makes it more difficult to dupe unsuspecting people into joining your cult.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I was there in a "near death" (or actual death) experience and for some reason it did not occur to me to yell "Jesus". I said, "God please help me."

Why were you yelling at all??? Tell the story if you don't mind.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

This is the same response I got from your fellow cult member NotYourTypical.
Just look up Erasmus and Bible in Wikipedia and you can see what it says and if I am a liar.
Your religion (meaning your particular sect of what would broadly be considered christianity if you were not strict on the definition) is in a bit of trouble with the advent of the internet that makes it more difficult to dupe unsuspecting people into joining your cult.

I'm not a catholic so please stop saying i'm apart of a religious sect or cult.

I would consider myself to be an evangelic christian. Meaning the Gospels hold the ultimate authority.

Oh yeah and Desiderius Erasmus wasn't the only guy who worked on the KJV.

Like i said you really don't know your history to well.
edit on 18-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Atleast we have got that clear that your clearly not a christian then.

Jesus was not God? Ok so you believe in a fictional Jesus that you made up in your head...

There are numerous verses in the gospel where he made it clear who he was.

With the lies you speak makes you no better than the pharisees.

Your walking in darkness right now and are destined for hell.
Just look at what happened to your compatriot last night, XplanetX who was making up Bible verses and claiming anyone who did not take heed were going to hell.
He was making it to sound like anyone who does not acknowledge Jesus as being the Son of God was doomed.
The opposite is more true, that the antichrist denies the humanity and fleshly nature of Jesus.
The antichrist gets it backwards and so the name, antichrist.
Jesus is our example and representative as being one of us. That is Christ, the one anointed of the many to stand as head.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Oh the irony...
I am happy to say that if your definition of Christianity is the one that must be adhered to, then I renounce the name. It seems the antichrist is standing in the temple proclaiming himself to be God.
If the antichrist is pretending to be Christian, then I will not be included in that version of "Christianity". You claim to be a "Follower of Jesus" but not the Jesus I know. The one I know was born of a woman and had a father and was not God. Jesus was apparently a being who knew God, as in having come from the presence of God. There are some godlike attributes to that person he was, but the NT tells us he emptied himself to be a man. When Jesus went on his mission, he was baptized to become ceremonially clean and was filled with the holy spirit and proclaimed by God to be His son. Jesus is now risen and has gone back to God and is now our Lord.
The antichrist says he was not a fleshly man and could be nothing but pure because of his already pure and undefinable nature. This completely nullifies everything Jesus did and offers no salvation to man.

Do we really have to start this? Mary was impregnated by the Holy Spirit, NOT the human man Joseph she was married to. Jesus was adopted by Joseph because the angel of the lord came to him in a dream and told him not to be ashamed, because he would be the "father" of the savior. Joseph claimed Jesus to protect him because if the elders ha dfound out she was pregnant and it was not Joesephs they would have dragged her into the town square and stoned her to death as was the law for adultery.

www.whychristmas.com...

You really need to go reread your bible because you clearly missed this simple message. Jesus was not fathered by a human, he was adopted.
edit on 18-8-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

He's also God in the flesh, the father son and holy ghost, the trinity...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
SO glad to come back on this beautiful morning (it is here in TN) and see all of you believers and non believers talking about my man.....Jesus.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

I can't believe this is true. What if you were part of some sort of amazon forest tribe and never communicated with the outside world, you would never see a bible and not know of Jesus.

So how then, will these people get the chance to go to heaven?

I will refer you to read Romans 2. In there, there is a passage which basically says : Therefore, even Gentiles - people not under the Law of Moses, those who do not know of Christ - have an internal law from God, the natural law written in their hearts, according to which God will judge them.

Hope that helps.

Peace

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/307c9b2a24ef.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seed76
reply to post by DAZ21

I can't believe this is true. What if you were part of some sort of amazon forest tribe and never communicated with the outside world, you would never see a bible and not know of Jesus.

I will refer you to read Romans 2. In there, there is a passage which basically says : Therefore, even Gentiles - people not under the Law of Moses, those who do not know of Christ - have an internal law from God, the natural law written in their hearts, according to which God will judge them.

Hope that helps.

Peace

This much i hold as truth as well. ALL peoples regardless of religion no matter what Age they lived in, ancient or modern have an instinctual knowledge that there is a higher power. I have seen this first hand from many tribes across the world. Some refer to it as "the great spirit", others call it "the earth mother", but every culture always has a deity or spirit that is the strongest and most powerful of them all. They do not know it but it is their hearts telling them that there is a God. They do not know God exists but on that instinctual level they are aware of him.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seed76
reply to post by DAZ21

Hope that helps.

Peace

And may I go even further and add that some of us believe in reincarnation. We are spirits having a human experience and therefore our spirits have a "time" to perfect in the spirit of God (Love, as Jesus taught). I really do not want to debate over it...I cannot prove it other than different passages in the Bible whereas Jesus is speaking and" I" believe him to talk of his reincarnations.
As to say...this is isn't a one ride to heaven or hell.....we have been experiencing since the beginning of time and there will come a time when "time" ceases to exist. At that "time" we will have made a choice whether or not we are living in the spirit of God or the spirit of evil. They grey area will no longer be available to spirits.

And going even further.....Hell is a temporary state IMHO. It is like a consequence for a lifetime of wrong doing....a spanking if you will. Once called upon the light....it comes and you are released. Eventually the spirits who continue on the path of darkness time and time again....when time ends....they will no longer be in any pain or state of happiness. They will just....no longer "be". Even with saying that....We are given chance after chance to get it right and I seriously doubt any spirit will find themselves in the state of non-existence ....Hell is a reminder of suffering that does not go away....no spirit will "like" that place and if they do...they have no place in "Heaven" anyway.

This is just my opinion based on my understanding of not only the Bible....but God himself as "I" understand him.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join