It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is the only way to Heaven.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
Why is Jesus the son of god more than others?

He is the only begotten son, but we are all brothers and sisters according to Father. But, we all have different roles and tasks.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I guess I understand. There are sites the discuss churches from different perspectives. I have read many churches are more fore Christian entertainment then the Christian religion. I guess if you would like to meet fellow Christians close to home then online it would be better.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManOfGod267
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Well both you and Jim have lived in different shoes. What Jim has studied and learned appeals to him differently then you. But we shouldn't be at each others throat. Share our feelings and thoughts.

Thats what i have been saying all morning, that it doesnt matter what other beliefs other christians have its that we believe that Christ died on the cross for our sins and was resurrected 3 days later and returned to heaven. Jesus himself said the only requirements for us gentiles to get to heaven was to believe in him. But this jim fellow keeps bashing shis way through this thread calling people cultists because we dont see things the way he does.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

You seem to want this both ways. Christ died to forgive my sins, that means whatever sin I do has been forgiven. I f I led an exemplary life and committed no sin, it was a waste of purpose his dying.

Also most of Christianity seems to rely on Paul, not Christ. If you take out Paul from the bible, the New Testament is minute. Nearly all of this harsh, judgemental and discriminatory ordering was not carried out by Christ, so perhaps those who love to revel in Paulism should be exactly that, Paulists and not Christians. Paul has a barreness and chill to his teachings.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Also, let not one of us cause division. Blessed is the one who lifts up a fallen. Arguing back and forth, does not help people understand. Do everything through love, even if you come up against a brick wall. Strife will only push said person away who wants to drawer nearer to God.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

He is the only begotten son, but we are all brothers and sisters according to Father. But, we all have different roles and tasks.

What do you mean begotten?
Like god impregnated a jewish virgin girl?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101

You seem to want this both ways. Christ died to forgive my sins, that means whatever sin I do has been forgiven. I f I led an exemplary life and committed no sin, it was a waste of purpose his dying.

Also most of Christianity seems to rely on Paul, not Christ. If you take out Paul from the bible, the New Testament is minute. Nearly all of this harsh, judgemental and discriminatory ordering was not carried out by Christ, so perhaps those who love to revel in Paulism should be exactly that, Paulists and not Christians. Paul has a barreness and chill to his teachings.

I think I can answer this one. People will look at Jesus and be like, man that's Jesus I can't never be as perfect as he. So Father, gave us Paul a regular Joe Blow to show us how one can become the closest to Christ as possible. Also, once you become a true believer, sin will start to wear off of you per se. Your nature will change over time, maybe not today or tomorrow but in time it will.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

Paul may not have been one of Jesus' disciples, but Jesus loved him as if he had been. Paul didn't start out a christian. He was straight up jew at the start and a pharisee at that whom went about the business of persecuting christians for believing in Jesus, until one day while he was riding down the road on a donkey and the donkey stopped for no apparent reason and Paul (known as Saul of Tarsus before this incident) whipped the donkey over and over. Whereupon which the donkey asked him "why are you beating me? Can you not see the Lord standing before you?" this is a paraphrase ofcourse, but when the blindness had worn off from Saul he saw Jesus and knew him. From that day forth Saul of Tarsus had been reborn and became the apostle Paul.

In the first century AD, christians were judeo-christians. The christian movement is steering us back to that first century. I'm a missionary baptist but my church is going back to the way the first church was, before everything became "tradition". We welcome all to our church regardless of what clothes you wear, rich or poor, healthy or unhealthy. In truth God doesnt care what you look like or who you are, we are all the same to him, his creation.
edit on 18-8-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by jmdewey60

He's also God in the flesh, the father son and holy ghost, the trinity...
This sounds very similar to 1 Timothy 3:16 and you take up the practice I pointed out earlier of rewriting the Bible.
Again, another reason for the KJV since the other, more modern versions, don't say God, but he or Christ.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

I see what you mean now. You remind me of my friend's mother. She is a faithful Christian from the Southern U.S. and she always loves Jesus. Doesn't go to church though. I asked my friend and he replied they never be a church going family. Do you or anyone else go to church? I know they will cater to you like a king and queen.

I was a church goer from a very young age. My parents taught me to find my own way. I went with friends to their church's and have always been a deep thinker...just knew something was out there...ya know.

I did, however not find "church" to be where I felt the closest to God and actually I am judged more by followers of Christ more harshly because of what my studies of Jesus have lead me to believe. I went to many denominations and other "religions" ...they were interesting. I have just come to a point where I do not want to be a part of a "religion" ....I just want to be in the spirit of God as often as I can and although I am far from perfect God does indeed know my heart. To me...Jesus is the way for me.

My church family for 4 years did not help me in my most time of need when my step son was diagnosed with Leukemia and even when he passed away my pastor told me it was a mystery to where he had gone to. Those words along with words from these southern baptists who came into my home telling my husband it must have been something he as a father did (sin) to cause his son to be terminal and lose his life to the dreadful disease is when I said....ENOUGH! I will find out exactly where he is and what happens to us when we die. I will not be told it was sin that lead him to die a slow and horrific death. So...I set out on my own. I journeyed hard reading about 2 books a day for about 5 years.... I hardly lived life during this time and I was not only depressed but on a mission to prove to myself what is what!!!!

Because of my NDE studies for 12 years I have come to take note of all the messages they have come back to convey and they are all very similar. Its like every piece of the puzzle that fits....I add. The ones that do not fit ...I take away.

My kids have the seed.....what they do with it is up to them but we speak of Jesus and his word often. They ask plenty of questions and while I do tell them my opinion....I also tell them to be a seeker. They are now 11 and 13 and have just told me they both really want to be baptized. They go to a friends church every other weekend when they are at their dads and have come to think they really want to be "reborn". I think it is cute how they are finding their way.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I honestly don't know how you could go through an experience like that and still live in denial by calling Christianity a cult and all these other things.
What other things? I am talking about you in particular, being a cult member or maybe better classified as a sect but I use the word because it seems to operate in a clandestine way where you can do like you say, that you are "evangelical" instead of having to point out that you belong to a particular type of evangelical according to a redefining of the term evangelical.
I am not saying Christianity is a cult. But you are moving to define Christianity to a new set of parameters which I object to and in no uncertain sort of way. The reason being the consequences of the philosophy your sect promotes which is imperialism and the wars involved, and the acceptance of free grace which God does not accept as being valid. God judges people by their lives, not their ideology.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101

Being saved is not a license to go out and sin. Satan stands before God and accuses us day and night, everytime you sin. Why not give God a reason to look over at Satan and say "shutup damn you, they keep my covenant, now leave my sons and daughters alone"? This is the goal i'm striving for.

I lived in rebellion for 14 years, i didnt step foot in a church because my father was an evil man and a hypocrit, who would beat my brother and i black and blue when we were children after my mother divorced him and he got custody. I hated him for everything he stood for, his lies and deceit, his child abuse which i suffered at the hands of everyday from the age of 3 until the day i turned 17 and ran away. He would abuse my brother and i right up until an hour before it was time to go to church and then he would sit on the front pew and lift his hands to God, and it turned my stomach. He would beat my brother and i because he was a sadist and he enjoyed it, and everytime i looked him in the face as he beat me he was smiling. I cried out to God so many times to deliver me, and no one ever rescued me. All i had was myself, i felt like even God himself did not love me nor cared that i was dying at the hands of my own father

It took me 14 years to forgive him. It started last January when i walked into the church i am now a member of. As i walked through the doors i immediately felt loved. I felt like i had come home. Until that day in january of 2011 i had not gone into a church in 14 years. I had been consumed with hate and anger, i was spiralling down into despair. I still believed in God all those years i walked alone without a family, i still loved Jesus but i felt like i was damned. I believed that God didn't rescue me from my father because he didn't love me and didn't care, all those times as my father beat me and i cried out for God while my father laughed and he would say "God can't hear you, he can't save you now". I never did anything to deserved being flayed alive to the point where i would have to stay out of school for 2 weeks because the bruises were so bad he didnt want social services to find out.
But last January, i got the call to come home. The Holy Spirit put it on my heart that i wasn't alone and i never have been (this is making me tear up right now), Jesus had been with me the whole time. Then i realized the reason God never struck my father down was because he was giving me the strength to endure and survive, that he did love me enough to give me the strength to overcome the evil that had consumed my father. God also gave me the strength to stay out of prison and to not commit crimes because the way i had grown up i should have died young, or gone to prison yet i have done niether.

I am a living testament to God's love, that he could come to earth and save my soul. I thank him for having the strength to die on a cross that was meant for me, because he gave me the strength and will to go on living when all i wanted was to die. Some may question wether Jesus (Yeshua) Christ is the savior, i have no doubts. I have no need to fear death, because my God is mighty to save.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Despite what you think i am not here to pick a fight with you. I don't care what you think or believe because it has no bearing on my life or my salvation. Being combatative and assaulting people and trying to force your point of view onto other people is not Jesus' way.
I am being combative using words that do not cause bodily injury to the reader because you support an ideology which condones and encourages harm on others, for example Palestinians being persecuted by Israelis. If not for that, I would give your sect a pass.
I used to be all into Catholic bashing untill I watched a DVD made by people who I thought were doing a good job of pointing out the bad characters in prophecy, then listened while I was told that the worse crime of the Catholic Church was their adoption of "replacement theory". Then I knew it was all a big smokescreen to cover for Israel, to divert attention away from the modern day culprits.

edit on 18-8-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I do not judge. G-d is the One to lead the people and judge them by their character. Of course G-d is all loving and caring his creations.
I was not trying to imply that you were judging anyone.
I think you have a way of seeing everyone according to your own terms. You are looking through the world with a set of glasses that make everything fit a certain explanation of reality.
What I mean is that you have labels for everyone and I think you get that from your background that teaches you to see these things in a closed sort of way.
People so labeled do not find that comfortable and are likely to feel that it shows a certain arrogance and feeling of superiority from the person labeling them. So not a good way to make friends or to be persuasive in whatever you are trying to get across.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Whatever man, you believe what you want. I'll believe what i want. As for me? I'll stand and testify that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. God will be the judge. I have recieved the Holy Spirit and have witnesssed the glory of the Lord, I have been witnessed to the truth.

Obviously you are NOT christian, otherwise you would not seek to anger your brothers and sisters over their beliefs, you would just let them be. But no, you keep striving and fighting and constantly pushing your way into their faith and calling them cultists. You just cant let us be. I see you for what you truly are.
You seem to be lumping yourself into a group and you might want to think about that and why I would use a term like Cult. I already told you in another thread that I feel you have good intentions and really care about people and want to serve God.
This other person I was conversing with I have run into in the past on political threads so I know where he stands as far as killing Arabs and such go. You seem to be more knowledgeable with what we might consider foreigners. I hope you have a realization that this philosophy you are identifying yourself with, this particular sect of Christianity, is not loving and not good for people who want to go to heaven.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Here is a sermon by Greg Laurie on why Christ had to suffer and die.

What the Resurrection means

And the reality of Hell.

These are a good start for those who wish to have a proper understanding of what Christianity means.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

I posted this earlier in this thread as a response to Jmdewey60:

Ten different versions hey?

Do you mind disclosing what versions they are?

I suspect this information will not be forthcoming because you are lying to cover your tracks.

If you disclose them then I am sure I will be able to quote the same verses from your 'so called' ten different versions.

As I suspected. You still have not provided the ten different versions of the bible that you allegedly use.
Could you please respond to this?
edit on 18-8-2011 by XplanetX because: quote was missing

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX
reply to post by XplanetX

Bump.

As I suspected. You still have not provided the ten different versions that you allegedly use.

Ten versions of what? Did I miss something? lol.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
You said in your post:

My church family for 4 years did not help me in my most time of need when my step son was diagnosed with Leukemia and even when he passed away my pastor told me it was a mystery to where he had gone to. Those words along with words from these southern baptists who came into my home telling my husband it must have been something he as a father did (sin) to cause his son to be terminal and lose his life to the dreadful disease is when I said....ENOUGH! I will find out exactly where he is and what happens to us when we die. I will not be told it was sin that lead him to die a slow and horrific death. So...I set out on my own. I journeyed hard reading about 2 books a day for about 5 years.... I hardly lived life during this time and I was not only depressed but on a mission to prove to myself what is what!!!!

Jesus even tells us that words are powerful. The cruelest words can slay and the kindest words can heal a broken heart. Unfortunately there are many christians who have missed out in Christ's core teachings. Jesus was never about hellfire and brimstone preaching. Alot of southern baptists have this air of judgementalism about them and alot of christians in general have ALOT of misconceptions. What they should have told you, was if your son loved Jesus and believed in him then he had gone home to heaven and left that "mystery" crap out. Only God knows whats in your heart, its not for men to judge only God. This is why i don't tell people they are going to hell if they dont change and i dont tell christians from different denominations they are going to hell if they don't believe as i do. This is all false teaching. Christ's only requirements for any of us getting into heaven is that we believe he died for our sins and rose from the dead on the 3rd day, end of story.

There are many misconceptions amoung christians. One major hotspot is the issue of suicide. Man christians believe that suicide is the unforgiveable sin. This is false because it is not. Jesus said the unforgiveable sin was to blasphemy the Holy Spirit.

Matt. 12:22-32 says, "Then there was brought to Him a demon-possessed man who was blind and dumb, and He healed him, so that the dumb man spoke and saw. 23And all the multitudes were amazed, and began to say, "This man cannot be the Son of David, can he?" 24But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, "This man casts out demons only by Beelzebub the ruler of the demons." 25And knowing their thoughts He said to them, "Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and any city or house divided against itself shall not stand. 26"And if Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then shall his kingdom stand? 27"And if I by Beelzebub cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? Consequently they shall be your judges. 28"But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. 29"Or how can anyone enter the strong man's house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house. 30"He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters. 31"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. 32"And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come,"

The bible says NOTHING about those who commit suicide going to hell, not anywhere in the whole book. This is just one misconception and there are others. Take the Jews who rebelled and went to Masada and in the end commited suicide. Do you really think jews would kill themselves if God commanded them not to? The answer is no. The ONLY sin that will NOT be forgiven is to blasphemy the Holy Spirit, this above all else one must never do!

We are all born into sin from the first day, but if you die before the age of accountability which is between 10 and 12 years i believe, then you do not go to hell. It was said that if a father that commited any sin the that sin would be visited to the seventh generation, but Jesus broke that cycle when he died on the cross for our sins and by his blood we were cleansed and made whole. It is written that "it rains on the just and unjust alike" and God has also said "I AM, i create life and bring destruction". Whatever the reason it is not for us to know, we do not have the right to ask God "why?" because everything is in His plan and only he knows all the answers. If we die than it is his will, because his will be done. When i die and i will because it is appointed that everyone should die, then i get to go home, and the moment i close my eyes in this world i will awaken in his Kingdom and get to witness the Glory of God forever.
edit on 18-8-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I guessed they failed to read this part in the Gospels

1 As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. 2 His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”

3 “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him. 4 As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. 5 While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

6 After saying this, he spit on the ground, made some mud with the saliva, and put it on the man’s eyes. 7 “Go,” he told him, “wash in the Pool of Siloam” (this word means “Sent”). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing.

8 His neighbors and those who had formerly seen him begging asked, “Isn’t this the same man who used to sit and beg?” 9 Some claimed that he was.

-John 9:1-8 NIV Full chapter

Children AREN'T PUNISHED FOR THEIR PARENTS SINS! Christ made that very clear. It's a shame when so called fellow Christians can be so cold hearted. I think it's mostly a Baptist problem as I have had problems with them as well. They act like Pharisees.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join