It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is the only way to Heaven.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Good, don't use other bibles like the NIV etc... The roman catholic church highly corrupted them and removed loads of words etc...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by XplanetX

I already did and that was what you responded to.
I looks similar to 1John 2:22 but you switched it from denying the Father and the Son, to denying Jesus is the Son of God. So you are claiming authority to create your own verses and have the power to punish those who do not accept your version. I just think that you should check what you are writing when you damn everyone to hell.

edit on 17-8-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

I switched nothing.

Look again at the quote. It is precise.

You are still avoiding writing down the same passage from your own bible. Do this and then we can settle the matter.

The version I quoted earlier was from the NIV.

Here is the KJV:

1JN 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

1JN 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: [but] he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
edit on 17-8-2011 by XplanetX because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2011 by XplanetX because: Inserted an extra passage from the KJV

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Any individual that actively believes other souls are doomed to hell because of what they believe is not practicing true forgiveness, and is not living in God's spirit.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
Just to clarify the KING JAMES VERSION is the most accurately translated modern bible, it uses transcripts from the textus receptus greek texts. Although you may struggle on some words, atleast you know your getting the truth and correct translation.

I will be back to this thread tomorrow to reply to some of the lies being spread and correct them.
You could start with this one you told right here.
Probably based on the most tampered with texts available to sound like church doctrine.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Good, don't use other bibles like the NIV etc... The roman catholic church highly corrupted them and removed loads of words etc...
I see, so this version is the "truth". Tell me, does this version include the story of a talking snake? Or does it include the one of the woman being created by some dirt and a bone? What about the story of a guy that puts two of every animal on a boat, or the guy who lives in a fish for three days? Those are my favorites.

A bible that includes those things doesn't deserve to be called truth IMO.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

This is the message I got as well. And this is why I do not want to be a part of a "Religion". I am so glad someone else got that message....man...starting to feel like a loner.
You need to think of NotYourTypical and his anti-religion signature. RevelationGenration and him are members of the same fraternity.

I don't remember NYT condeming anyone to hell honestly...

edit on 17-8-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
So your saying Jesus, is like a Highway to Heaven? I had a dream the other night....that Jesus came to me and asked me to be his good shepherd....I'm terribly shaken from the whole ordeal....He said I should judge everyone, regardless of there beliefs or religion because the TRUE savior is our Jewish God, Yahweh. He said by Jesus's knife I should protest at abortion rallies, spit on prostitutes, make God hates flags for gays, etc....He told me this was the chosen path. Praise be to the lord.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I think you are confused.
I was talking to XplanetX about him condemning people to hell.
Then I was making a comparison between Revelation Generation and NotyourTypical as both claiming to be against religion while being the most dogmatic religionists imaginable. They both share this attribute and like true cultists, they have identical philosophies. For some reason they believe it will be more appealing if they claim they are not for religion.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
In a bookstore...ask for the section on Bibles. There is a long row or two. Now. Which one? Which version? For which church? Which edition? Which to buy?

If "THE" Bible is the literal word of GOD....how come "man" has come up with so many "versions" and editions of it? Is that not man's effort to change the literal "word of God"?

You tell me which to buy and which is the absolutely correct version, edition, word for word to follow... and for what church....

(and this by and from a "Christian" ...)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

You are still avoiding writing down the same passage from your own bible. Do this and then we can settle the matter.
It has nothing to do with my Bible because I am looking at ten different version, it is your post where you wrote something that sounds like a verse. I quoted it in my post and you turned around and quoted my post in your new post, so I don't know how you continue talking as if you don't know what I mean.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I think you are confused.
I was talking to XplanetX about him condemning people to hell.
Then I was making a comparison between Revelation Generation and NotyourTypical as both claiming to be against religion while being the most dogmatic religionists imaginable. They both share this attribute and like true cultists, they have identical philosophies. For some reason they believe it will be more appealing if they claim they are not for religion.

I did not condemn anyone to hell.

That is not my task.

You are still deliberately avoiding what I have asked you to do so we can settle the matter of 'misquoting'.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with my Bible because I am looking at ten different version, it is your post where you wrote something that sounds like a verse. I quoted it in my post and you turned around and quoted my post in your new post, so I don't know how you continue talking as if you don't know what I mean.

Ten different versions hey?

Do you mind disclosing what versions they are?

I suspect this information will not be forthcoming because you are lying to cover your tracks.

If you disclose them then I am sure I will be able to quote the same verses from your 'so called' ten different versions.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SigilOfLux

So everyone who died before JEBUS went to hell?

Also, Mr. of Nazareth was born and died a Jew, never, ever did he go to church, or say any hail marys
or lay easter eggs, or ate cookies with Santa Claus.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonNova
I believe in Jesus, but I don't believe he is the only way into heaven. I also don't believe in your idea of a so called 'heaven'. Let me ask you a few things that I have been wanting to ask for a while.

The bible says all children go to heaven, because they are innocent. At what point does a child lose his innocence? 13? 57? Who are you to say that we are not all Children before god?

If god really and truly is our Creator, why would a Father destroy and neglect his children? There is no way that a being of infinite creativity and love has the ability to care about what we do in this short, fleeting life. It's simply ludicrous.

You see, I used to be Christian like you. Heck, I still even go to church occasionally because I like the people. But I realized long ago that we are not put in this world to judge others, and spread outdated religious dogma. A little thing called spiritual maturity has helped me right the many wrongs in my life, and believing in Jesus isn't what got me there. Following in his Loving footsteps is.

If you really want to try and change the world, then do so by spreading Love and Light wherever you can. Try and bring Heaven to earth instead of being so concerned about life after death. Stop being so selfish and change someones life for the better for once.

Namaste

Your opinion is a common one based on this sort of belief: "If God really was a good God he would love everyone and help everyone - but he doesn't so he either doesn't exist or he's in some irresponsbile or inept or just sadistic. If he loves us then he's going to save all of us no matter what, so there has to be many, many ways to please God, earn his favor, and get into heaven". The Bible teaches this notion as man's folly.

Your comment: "If god really and truly is our Creator, why would a Father destroy and neglect his children? There is no way that a being of infinite creativity and love has the ability to care about what we do in this short, fleeting life. It's simply ludicrous"., suggests this belief.

Why is Jesus the only way to heaven? The answer is simple - JUSTICE. A perfect God is not actually perfect unless He is a just God. Mankind fell from grace and from the intended instructions of God the Creator. Perfect justice requires a response to disobedience. As a result of Adam's fall we must all physically die, and then be permanently seperated from God and also punished. We are of his lineage and spiritual and physical line. The difference is that the love you speak about was also present which is why God sent his One and Only Son (Jesus Christ) to pay for the sin of mankind as redemption. Jesus is both God and Man, but as Man was the only one (or the second Adam) who could fulfill the ability to live perfectly in obedience to God which we cannot do matter how hard we try since the fall of Adam.

So God does love everyone but he must also act accordingly to His own perfection which means justice must be accounted for - the atonement by Jesus redeems those whom God calls to himself. The others remain where they are which means no resurrection to an eternal life free from the problems we have today and also permanent seperation from God at death following judgement based on the fact that non-believers don't accept Jesus for who he really is and was. Only God can call you to this complete understanding through His Holy Spirit, the third person within the Trinity. You cannot make yourself understand and you cannot redeem yourself from the fall in some way that might please God and make amends - you have to believe that Jesus paid the price for you. No other religious leader past or present ever resurrected himself from the dead or lived a perfect life because they were not God. So if you say to yourself "there are many pathways to heave and eternal life so God must be pleased with my good works and the ways I am seeking him out through other religions you are on the wrong path. The Bible paints this picture and says this so straitforward that no one can miss it.

If you don't believe me start with the story of the atheist C. S. Lewis. Read how much he hated this message and thought it stupid, then see how he came full circle after contemplating it - hear his words because they may make more sense as you seek answers.

The basis and fundamental teachings of mainstream Christianity is rooted in this theology. Most non-believers miss it entirely or degrade it thinking it stupid or unrational because they can only process through the lens of fallen mankinds' viewpoint.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

One does not have to be religious in their life to be spiritual. I don't see in color and I'm not tied to any dogma that separates me from my fellow human beings. You're either good or you're not. Good is different than perfect. People that have not been very many places on this Earth are sheep to their own heritage wherever they live. Believing that you are closer to eternal bliss than anyone else is arrogant and ignorant at best in my own feeble opinion. Jimi Hendrix said, "When the power of love overcomes the love of power then the world will be at peace". I believe that religions of many types prevent many people from accepting every human as equal. Should one be thinking of a judgement day it would be wise to consider individually whether or not you really see all humans as being equal. Suggesting Christ as the ONLY answer just doesn't get it in my world. The same goes for people in other locations around the globe who think the rest of us all have it wrong. It's a battle that can't be won. But good luck to those who do think it is possible. Enlightenment is a long way off for many of us. You may be surprised, (or you may not know it) when you do or do not cross to wherever you think you might be going when your time is up. Maybe you just haven't earned it yet. One can analogize it to the polarity between the left and right paradigm in American politics. Religion is polarized amongst humans. We can get on the same plane and stop craving power over others or we can perish while we fight over our differences like the Hatfield's and the McCoy's. That's my two cents worth of opinion.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SigilOfLux
reply to post by kimish

Those who don't hear the Gospel perish in Hell. It's out duty to spread the Gospel so people won't perish.

Hmmmm. This is a misleading statement. I myself am a Christian theist but I can't agree with this statement. I would love to discuss this at length if you are interested.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
tz148nT-UMg

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

I can't believe this is true. What if you were part of some sort of amazon forest tribe and never communicated with the outside world, you would never see a bible and not know of Jesus.

So how then, will these people get the chance to go to heaven?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I can't imagine that a "just God" would judge somebody based on whether or not they acknowledged his existence when there are dozens of other competing Gods, I think it would make sense that a God would judge you based on how you view the world and issues, how you treat others, what you did with your life, and stuff like that.

To start, pure truth does not conform to what we can and cannot imagine. The truth remains fixed and independent of belief in its veracity. The question we need to ask ourselves is how to approach truth. Truth being defined as - the way things actually are.

More to the point, it isn't a matter of God unfairly "judging" someone because he/she doesn't acknowledge His authority. Ultimately, on the part of God, allowing an individual to perish is an act of perfect fairness. Here's why:

Let's assume for a moment that there is one true living God. Let's then assume that He has revealed Himself to His creation. Let's then assume that you decide you want nothing to do with God. You have decided you don't agree with His laws, His commandments, His values, His character, His guidelines for righteous living. Let's say you'd rather adopt your own standards for living and subsequently reject the Almighty. Well, you have been afforded that right as a being endowed with free will. Herein lies the dilemma - many have rejected God but don't understand why they have been rejected in return. There are two options - be bound to our Creator for eternity, or perish (no, hell is not an eternal burning hellfire...but that's another very lengthy discussion). Hell is both a punishment and an end for the individual. It is eternal only in consequence, not in duration. You have said to God, "I want nothing to do with you. I reject you." He, in essence responds by saying, "You have that right. Instead of binding you to Myself for eternity against your own will, you will cease to exist." This is a crude reduction at best, but ultimately this is exactly what transpires between God and one of His creatures who has decided to denounce Him. In the end, our Creator is left with no choice but our. In the end, He honors our choice - have life in Him, or perish.

What's important to understand is that one must want and love the one true living God for who He is in actuality and not who he/she has contrived Him to be. Otherwise, if it were a simple matter of arbitrarily assigning characteristics to some deity and thusly following that particular version of God (the many paths all lead to God theory), you could find yourself eternally bound to a Supreme Being who is nothing like you "imagined" Him to be. It should make sense to us then that our Creator WOULD reveal Himself to His creation in no uncertain terms precisely so we could/can be in a position to make a choice to commit to Him or not to with a full understanding of who He is. To eternally submit to a God without clear knowledge of who He is would be nothing less than a deception. For us to understand who He is, He had to declare Himself to us in a singular, unified, and uncompromising way. That's what Scripture is - the self-revelation of God to His creation that they might know who He is and with that precious knowledge - make a choice, knowingly and willfully. Selah.

edit on 18-8-2011 by followtheevidence because: grammar

edit on 18-8-2011 by followtheevidence because: grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join