It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis has anyone had it?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Actually my first post on ATS went something like this:

posted on 29-1-2008 @ 11:14 PM this post I've had an experience, with the "shadow people" about six years ago, between sleeping and waking. I assume I was dreaming when i saw two inky-black silhouettes standing in the doorway to my living room. The figure on the left asked for permission of his companion to attack me. He was told to "Kill him, Kill him"(me), at which point the left shadow man took off at a great speed towards my bedroom. I woke just a moment before the shadow reached my door. Immediately after opening my eyes, being filled with sheer terror, I tried to scream for help, but no noise came out. I tried to move, or rise from my bed, but could not move anything but my fingertips, slightly at that. This paralysis lasted less than three minutes. The fear of this event is still vivid. But as I understand it, these are common manifestations of sleep paralysis.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
On occasions I've been able to use sleep paralysis to induce lucid dreaming, which can be quite fun. However, it is quite difficult to do this as I normally just fall into normal sleep. Nonetheless, when it works it does make what can often be a nuisance rather worth it.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
So far here's my analysis of my research of sleep paralysis.

Everyone experiences it, accompanied by Lucid dreaming but some people wake up still being paralyzed and other people can break the paralysis and thus being able to sleep walk during the night..

As for the paranormal aspect i do believe that some accounts read on this thread are genuine demonic spirits that have used the natural paralysis during sleep to there advantage and induced a state of fear in the person.

Other accounts may just be a matter of having a nightmare.

I will continue researching this but i do not think the psychology of the brain explains all cases of sleep paralysis, although i could be wrong about that but Jesus said demons were real so even if that's the case it doesn't mean demons are unreal.

Thanks guys.

edit on 17-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Well, I've been experiencing sleep paralysis my whole life and have never had any reason to associate it with anything supernatural. I think most of the claims on here are just made up. I believe neither in Jesus nor in demons and do not regard either as an explanation. It's just a normal part of the sleep mechanism, that's all.
edit on 17/8/11 by NocturnalPhantom because: spelling

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It is all in the head,
just get over it.

You will be fine, dreams have
never killed anyone..

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NocturnalPhantom

Well, I've been experiencing sleep paralysis my whole life and have never had any reason to associate it with anything supernatural. I think most of the claims on here are just made up. I believe neither in Jesus nor in demons and do not regard either as an explanation. It's just a normal part of the sleep mechanism, that's all.
edit on 17/8/11 by NocturnalPhantom because: spelling

Just made up? Wouldn't it be more logical that they just had very vivid dreams?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I had SP last night. I hate it.

I started taking a dfferent pain medication for my back and i think it triggers it

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I had an episode a few months ago. The first in my life. I awoke in the wee hours. I was wide awake but couldn't move. Only my eyes were controllable. I looked around. I waited to see if anything would happen. No fear. I do not believe in fear. I never panic. I closed by eyes and went back to sleep. That's it. Nothing else. No grays. No lost time. No nausea or anything. I'm 70 years of age. I have little use for religion but believe in God. I believe in UFO crap. It's true. The very fact that the USAF has always reacted in negative fashion to reports proves they lie like Persian rugs. If the USAF really didn't believe in UFO's we'd never hear anything from them about our reports. They'd have other priorities and wouldn't even think about any need to cover things up. Why bother being secretive about something that doesn't exist? Not logical. They believe UFO's are real and so do I. So there you have it.

edit on 17-8-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Htrowklis82

Sorry then, but that is not "Sleep Paralysis".

In fact, some of the posts here who report being affected by this are not really having sleep paralysis...imho.

Not implying that they are lying but they are not having actual sleep paralysis.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by trailertrash

I had an episode a few months ago. The first. I awoke in the wee hours. I was wide awake but couldn't move. Only my eyes were controllable. I looked around. I waited to see if anything would happen. No fear. I do not believe in fear. I closed by eyes and went back to sleep. That's it. Nothing else. No grays. No lost time. No nausea or anything. I'm 70 years of age. I have little use for religion but believe in God. I believe in UFO crap. It's true. The very fact that the USAF has always reacted in negative fashion to reports proves they lie like Persian rugs. If the USAF really didn't believe in UFO's we'd never hear anything from them about our reports. They'd have other priorities and would even think about any need to cover things up. They believe UFO's are real and so do I. So there you have it.

Does not sound like the same thing at all.

For one you don't wake up during sleep paralysis, you are in between sleep and awake but it is a lot like being sedated only you are not conscious of anything around you except for the feeling that something or some being is deliberately causing it.

A person can have little fear in real life, be used to dangerous situations etc. but these episodes have a real supernatural feel to them. Not saying they are supernatural but when you are laying there in that state and can't move, can't talk, can't scream etc. it isn't something you forget.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

Wow your account about your wife truly sounds like a demonic accounter... the fact it was swearing using filth language just further supports this if im honest, because demons tend to use foul language like that alot.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Well I have experienced sleep paralysis but it had nothing at all to do with aliens. It has happened a few times when I have a bad dream. My eyes are open but I am not really awake and I cannot talk or move but I can see. It usually breaks when I am able finally to make a sound. (Usually a scream much to the detriment of my husbands sleep. LOL)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

1. It's been happening as long as I can remember.

2. It only happens once in a great while now, but growing up it happened all the time.

3. I can't really remember seeing anything. Last time it happened was a few months ago and
I couldn't open my eyes but I wasn't dreaming.

4. Usually what happens is I will wake up but my eyes will remain closed. When I try to sit up or
roll over, I can't. Then I spend what seems like a few minutes willing myself to move. When I
do this I feel as if my whole body is shaking, as if I'm having a seizure.

5. It feels like it lasts for minutes, but the last time it happened I fell asleep on the couch next
to my wife and I asked her how long I was shaking, she said I wasn't shaking at all and had
only been asleep for a half hour.

6. The only way to stop it is for me to stop struggling and lay still.

7. Not religious but I believe in the God of the Bible.

8. Can't remember when I was younger but I have not been contacted in any of my recent episodes.

9. It usually feels negative. When I finally wake and get up, I'm shaky as if I haven't eaten in a very long time
and I feel like I've been running at full sprint.

10. The main after effect is the feeling one gets right after the body has released adrenaline.

edit on 17-8-2011 by holyTerror because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I've had since I was little. I am a light sleeper. It mostly occurs when sleep on my back. I have come to understand what it is and have taken steps to prevent it. It doesn't happen that often anymore.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Yeah, I suppose, but I think a lot of people on here just make stuff up.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Alright, let's give this a shot.

1. How old was you when it first happened / which area was you located?

13, East coast.

2. How long has it been going on/does it still happen?

Went on for a few weeks, then no longer. Rarely from then after, and as of recently, all silent on the western front.

8. Were you contacted by something, if so what did it/they say?

Of all the bellow things I'm about to describe, the first dream I had was me without a body. I could not see, for I had no eyes. Could not hear, for there were no ears. Could not do anything. I cannot describe to you this reality, for it had nothing to describe it. It was complete oblivion, with just the mind. The self. Suddenly a light appeared, and said "you are who you are, I am who I am, we all are who we all are", then it exploded and as it did so, all my body returned. I woke up about a foot above my bed, presumably having pounced myself into the air out of shock.

3. What you saw (if anything).

Juicy question.

Well how can I put this brief?

Lives that were not mine, wars that were not mine, worlds that were not mine.

A military leader, not human, not humanoid. Some sort of thing with mandibular and limbs, similar to the original war of the worlds aliens. He fought a great war on a "stargate" as large as a moon of some kind. Millions of ships, lightyears-long streaks of rubble and war zones. Against 2 foes. One more advanced than the other. Almost as if the less advanced one tried to contact the more advanced one, but in doing so the more advanced one just killed everything. He lost the war against the more advanced one, ultimately being forced to burn the skies of hundreds of worlds and literally do a scorched Earth policy.

A couple of flashes of Romans and battles

A future where America wasn't the leader of the world any more, but subject to a "World Union" But this World Union cracked in half and there was a great civil war across the globe. I saw a battle in New York, and the "graviton bombing" of Moscow.

Further into this future, when one side won the war. America was on the winning side. Possibly allied to a new Chinese nation, one free and open. Space colonization, etc etc.

A future, far far far into the future, but linked to the above one. Apparently the alien leader's enemy returned or his people gained their technology. Not sure, but that commander was an ally of Earth, but it all ended in tears. Complete annihilation. Scorched Earth policy in the Solar System. What was left of humanity were bio-engineered humans that could live on a half-terraformed Mars. They were released from stasis millions of years later, when the worlds rebuild themselves ecologically. This future, on Mars, showed humanity rebuilding. And wars between a Communist theocracy, and a Confederacy-republic. These humans, too, destroy themselves. Eventually these humans recover the knowledge of the past, and make contact with the more advanced enemy from long ago. Apparently at some point in time something destroyed this more advanced...thing, possibly how the aliens before got the technology. The human survivors and this thing make a deal. Plug it back in to its technology, and it will use its time traveling ability to go back in time and fix the Old ear... us, now. Change the timeline and fix the future.

Recently I've also had dreams of the pre-flood world. The aliens way back when may have been Nephilim. Not sure yet. Probably not.

I've drawn some of these things I've seen. PM me and I'll send them your way. Always love interpretation.

7. Are you a religious person? (elaborate)

Fundamentalist Christian.

9. Did the experience feel positive / negative.

Obviously dying a couple of times in a dream is no fun. But creating things was.

10. Were you left with any after effects? (Feeling sick or different in yourself)

I think, because I cannot quite remember, that since then I can sorta feel something. There's this sort of wave I can feel going through my body that I can mentally "grab", and make myself feel more awake, ignore pain, think more clearly, ignore others, etc etc. Some tell me it's Chi, some tell me some sort of Hindu thing. I don't know. I know it's useful for late nights at work and school. That's about it. I meditate too. When I started, these dreams came. When I stopped, they mostly went away.

My two cents for ya.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Everyone experiences this every single night. During sleep your brain produces a chemcial that paralyzes the muscles so that you do not act out your dreams. Some people do not produce enough and suffer from sumnambulism. What the OP reffers to is when someone is wakened quickly during the dream phase and the chemicals have not had a chance to disapate. The paraysis can carry over to the wakened state.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I had an episode of the HSP type once.
My young son came into my room after having a bad dream late one night. He shook me to wake me but when I opened my eyes I did not see my son, I saw a strange man. I screamed which woke my sleeping husband who also screamed. Then my son screamed and ran out of the room. We laugh about it now but the poor kid must have been really terrified after having a bad dream to then witness both his parents screaming in the dark over nothing!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I will share my experiences with sleep paralysis. It happened for a short span of time (maybe two weeks) around the age of 22-23 (I am 25 now). Basically i would wake up totally paralyzed, not being able to speak or move but only move my eyes. It was the most frightening feeling i ever had in my life. I didn't see anything at first just had that feeling of an evil presence. I honestly thought i was possessed. I did some research and learned what it was i was experiencing and that no matter what happened or what you saw it cannot hurt you. This put me at ease but it kept happening almost on a nightly basis and got worse because i started seeing things. The first thing i saw was a shadow of what looked like a huge spider in the corner of the room, i tried to scream or move but couldn't till it was gone and the paralysis went away. By now i was comfortable with this and accepted it, the next thing i saw was a skeleton of a dog in my face breathing on me, i knew it wasn't real, i looked at it laughed in my mind and it went away. Now this next experience was not like the others, i woke up from a dream and what i can only explain was a ghost hovering face to face.It freaked me out because i wasn't paralyzed, i could move, and tried swiping it as a natural reaction. My hand went through it and we stared at each other as it floated to the corner of my room and dissipated. Since then i had no cases of sleep paralysis and honestly that last encounter bug me every night..what did i see? was it real? i may never know.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I have experienced Sleep Paralysis before. It wasn't a very bad experience, and it was right after the experience I started getting more interested in Astral Travel.

Late at night, (no idea what time) I woke up and tried to look at my clock on the wall. I couldn't move at all, and being the first time I actually experience it awake, I didn't like the feeling too much. I think it lasted about 5 minutes after I woke up, because I was concentrating on moving more than anything. I personally think that I was beginning to exit my physical body because I heard a loud rushing noise, and just before I actually started moving, everything went black for a split second like and it was like I was just waking up, I think my eyes were actually shut the whole time.

The second time lasted about 30 seconds, and that night I was trying to Astral Project, and i awoke in sleep paralysis, but I saw a spider the size of a medium sized rat crawling across my ceiling so I forced myself to move and wake up to smash the damned thing, but it was never there. The rest of the night I woke up off and on in a drowsy state feeling as if my head was going through my wall and I felt pressure, so i tried to adjust myself and I kept waking up in the same exact spot i was in when i laid down, and was in the Sleep Paralysis state. I dont believe I even moved at all that night, but I found myself in awkward positions against my wall and partway through it in my drowsy states.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join