It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS for Ron Paul

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Bramble Iceshimmer

1/3 with Veto power, and a likely Republican and Tea Party controlled Congress.

Also, most CEO's are fairly powerless, but a good CEO can turn a company around on a dime. It is about leadership, not power.

I'm disappointed the Tea Party showed their hand too soon and should Paul be elected it would be with a democratic controlled congress. The Tea party should have waited until they controlled both the house and senate with clear majorities before kicking up their heals. The MSM and democrats have hung the cause of the problems clearly around their necks.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
What happens if this Ron Paul election fails. Does freedom have a back-up plan?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mnemicrsl

It is clear that there exists a level of civil rights violations being perpetrated against Ron Paul by a select group of powerful powerbrokers who stand to lose their ability to sustain a continued treasonous assault against the American people's economy by doing all they can to divert attention, resources, and equal opportunity from a Caucasian, Christian, male over 45 years of age. What more needs to be said about the purposeful denial of Ron Paul's civil rights. The media need to be charged with civil rights violations. The American people, whether they like Ron Paul or not, need to be screaming loudly at the federal government and the ACLU to force the media to provide equal time UNDER THE LAW to Ron Paul. The bias, prejudice, racial, gender, sectarian and age hatred MUST STOP!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnMunRa

Not a peaceful one.

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

I didn't quote a source, because if you don't recognize it, then shame on you!
edit on 16-8-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by AnMunRa

Not a peaceful one.

And if Bachmann's election fails?

Back to shock-therapy.

edit on 8/16/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Eveybody loves Ron Paul - some just don't know it yet.

If everyone understood what he is talking about they would see he is trying to ever tightening chains so the liberty that we have had can be maintained.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Strayhorse4

OK, where to start.

1st he's a white, heterosexual Christian male, they don't qualify for civil rights although he might have something as a seasoned citizen but I don't believe seasoned citizens laws cover TV exposure.

2nd, equal coverage only kicks in if they start offering candidate the oppurtunity to speak. Right now the MSM has every right to pick and chose as the coverage of candidates fits the four exemptions in the law. He could try and buy some commercials.

3rd, again, he's a white, heterosexual Christian male.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by eastbosbud

My entire family is voting for RP!!!! ...and I'm still putting the word out.
No one can argue his intelligence, honesty and sense of duty to the country!!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I am going to post links to a few things that have been discussed. Hopefully they help.

Is my state an OPEN or CLOSED Primary?

When is my state Primary?

How do I become a delegate for Ron Paul?

In regards to Ron Paul's campaign in 2007/2008 - His supporters were organized but none of us knew what to expect. None of us knew how badly the MSM would attack and black out our candidate. Despite his previous run in 1988, we were completely unprepared for the actions of the elite in shutting him out.

This time we are definitely prepared.

His donation amounts already exceed those he had at this time in 2007. His military donations already exceed those he had at this time in 2007. His endorsements, support base, campaign managers. Everything about this campaign is different than 2007/2008. The one thing that remains is Ron Paul. His consistency. His passion to see Liberty succeed.

Ron Paul's 1st official campaign ad of 2011

This time we aren't laying down.

MSNBC excludes Ron Paul's Q2 donation amount

Guess what happened? We swamped his facebook, email, and the phone lines. We threatened Starbucks with boycott! This is their reply:

"Hello , Thank you for contacting Starbucks Coffee Company. The opinions and views expressed on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" program are that of the hosts and their guests. Our partnership with MSNBC does not represent an endorsement of any specific political view or party. Starbucks prefers not to engage in debate on political, religious, or social issues. As a global company, Starbucks refrains from supporting or endorsing political parties. Our focus is making our stores welcoming to everyone and providing our customers with the highest quality coffee. We will be sure to share your concerns with MSNBC and the "Morning Joe" program.

As a result of our pressure, the next morning revealed a correction with an apology:

So, as you can see everything is different this time. Even the media (as seen in several recent threads) has all but confessed to ignoring him. We're not letting it slide. Ron Paul placed high in Ames this year. Ironically Mitt Romney stated in 2007 that it was a very important poll. I think he knew Ron Paul would do well so he and the media are trying to downplay it this time. Pawlenty felt it was so important that he spent a million dollars and a lot of time there. Bachmann spent a lot of money and time there as well. Let's not pretend it wasn't a big deal. It clearly was.

Also, look at the quality of Ron Paul's ads this time. They are professional! He is hitting hard and not taking no for an answer. He even decided to end his Congressional career to pursue his candidacy.

Make no mistake - the games are over. This is a revolution in every sense of the word and we're sending Obama packing in 2012!!

edit on 16-8-2011 by EagleTalonZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I am all for RP as president but at the same time it will probably destroy him..... First off he will be in knee deep from the get go, secondly who is he gonna find to go along with any of ideas while he is in office the whole of DC would be plotting against him every second of the day..... If he is elected then he literally has to carry the whole weight of the country on HIS shoulders alone, poor guy.....

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Thank you op for this thread and I love the Ron Paul poster. I voted for him in the 2008 Primaries and I'll vote for him again in 2012. Volunteers will be very important to get him elected.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Seems to be some Ron Paul mania on ATS lately.

Understandable, since people here are a bit more aware of what happens in the world without hearing it from the corporate "news."

To me, it would appear to come down to one issue: Do you like the things that have been happening, and want them to continue?

Or do you think that perhaps America is headed down the wrong path, and would like to see a course correction?

No one is perfect, RP included, but he does call out what is wrong when he sees it. I can respect that, much more than someone spouting platitudes and promising to make everything OK.

Let's be real: America is a sinking ship. Do you want a new captain who will do the same things previous captains did to get us in to this mess, or someone to wrestle the controls away and try to get us out of it?

Even if RP were to blow it in an epic fashion, I'd rather go down knowing that we at least tried to turn it around.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Ron Paul is not the man you all think.
HE is nothing but the PAID opposition. Everyone needs a archenemy to defeat and he is the archenemy...but paid for and owned by the opposition.
It has to look like a proper fight.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Hoping I see Ron Paul (I). Would like for me and my father to vote for the same man once in my life.
He wont vote Republican......EVER!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This will be my fourth time voting for Ron Paul. Yep. Wrote him in three times. He'd better be on the ballot this time. If he's not, this country is irrevocably broken.

Ron Paul: He Who Shall Not Be Named

If this has been posted already, sorry, but please leave it

edit on 8/16/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Let's play Magic the Political Gathering!

The people play........

In response, the media and system will play...

And with their extra resources, also put into play...

Anyone who's played magic knows the outcome.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

I have no idea what that game is about nor what you are exactly saying.

However, I did chuckle heartily at those cards - the MB one was especially nice. If I understood the joke I'd probably laugh a bit more.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
Ron Paul is not the man you all think.
HE is nothing but the PAID opposition. Everyone needs a archenemy to defeat and he is the archenemy...but paid for and owned by the opposition.
It has to look like a proper fight.

So when he decided to enter politics many decades ago, he was paid to do so? And all the times he has fought tirelessly in Washington D.C. defending the Constitution, he was paid to do so? His consistent voting record - bought?

If he is an actor someone better give him an Emmy! Seriously! Many people who haven't liked nor participated in politics for a very long time have woke up as a result of this man's devotion to Liberty. He was completely ignored by the MSM in 2007/2008. Didn't have a chance in 1988. This time he is all but ignored but the supporters are fighting passionately to see the restoration of the Constitution.

But you claim that he is paid opposition? Welp... there is a motto on the internet for things like this:

Pics or it didn't happen!

edit on 17-8-2011 by EagleTalonZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
reply to post by Strayhorse4

OK, where to start.

1st he's a white, heterosexual Christian male, they don't qualify for civil rights although he might have something as a seasoned citizen but I don't believe seasoned citizens laws cover TV exposure.

2nd, equal coverage only kicks in if they start offering candidate the oppurtunity to speak. Right now the MSM has every right to pick and chose as the coverage of candidates fits the four exemptions in the law. He could try and buy some commercials.

3rd, again, he's a white, heterosexual Christian male.

4th. Skip to 50 seconds into this video.

MSM is making Ron Paul out to be the bumbling idiot with two first names. Too bad MSM is shooting themselves in the collective foot with these shenanigans.

It's a sad day.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Is Ron Paul being ignored, Fox poll
www.youtube.com...
edit on 17-8-2011 by jimrat201 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join