It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS for Ron Paul

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by robyn
I've never truly supported a candidate before and I have never contributed to one. I am on a very tight budget so it is no small thing for me to send anyone money. The money sent supports someone and something I deeply believe in so in a way it is a gift to myself.

I just emailed George Noory at Coast to Coast AM and suggested he have Dr. Paul on in the near future. I thought it might be helpful as a preemptive strike againt a misleading media portrayal.

His email is [email protected] if you wish to do the same.

peace.

Please Dr. Paul...don't affiliate yourself with George Noory at C2C. George Norry has managed to destroy a once very popular program. Don't let him do it to your candidacy.

You would gain more support from being interviewed by the Conspiracy Chicks here at ATS.

edit on 16-8-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Going back to the point of this thread here are two of my favorites:

I too voted Dole, Bush, Bush, McCain and have been a solid Republican since college doing the straight down R vote on most of the ballots. In the last election I voted McCain but voted for every non-R or non-D that I could otherwise find in the other spots.

This time I will vote for every non-R or non-D I can find including President unless it is Ron Paul. If Ron Paul runs as an independent I'll vote for him even if it does mean Obama being re-elected - I won't be frightened in to wasting my vote.

The "I forsook the free economy to save the free economy" shook me awake and I'm not feeling tired enough to go back to sleep. This is going to be a whole new ball game.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Carseller4

Maybe you missed the whooping he put on Romney and Ginghrich and Cain in Iowa? Maybe you have ignored all the major polls that show him in the top 3 and surging? Maybe you missed the fact that he is doing this well despite the media blackout!

That wasn't a "whooping." The Iowa straw poll was a stunt, a fund raiser for the GOP. In order to vote you had to buy a $30 ticket. Paul gave out just under 5,000 free tickets. Bachman gave out (I think) close to 8,000. In addition, each candidate had to bid (with money) for a place on the ballot. Guess who these candidates gave their tickets to? As far as "all the major polls" what polls? The only ones I have seen are other straw polls. You know how that works. You get all your buddies together to go vote for Ron. It's the same with the NRA. Every time USA Today has a gun poll all the gun site forums are filled with "calls to action" to go vote in the polls. They go spam the poll. Everyone else who does a straw poll knows this. Last time the Right Scoop ran a poll they even said, "We're leaving Paul off this poll and you know why." It's a mystery why Paul supporters fail to see that everyone knows Paul supporters spam the polls. It's a part of your reputation.

In the scientific polls, Paul is running under 10%. Now you can complain or proclaim that the polls you don't like are somehow "cooked" or "biased," but I haven't seen any credible evidence yet this is true. It's just wishful thinking on the part of some folks who don't understand how these polls are set up or even what they are asking. If ANY polls are cooked, it's the straw polls cooked by Paul supporters themselves. Paul supporters, being organized, are very good at this, but they aren't fooling anyone else.

I'm NOT anti-Ron Paul. I like a lot of his ideas. What I am advocating is a more realistic interpretation of where Ron Paul is at. It does no good for his supporters to put on rose colored glasses and pretend Paul is way ahead of where he really is. If you actually believe Ron Paul is ahead based on these straw polls, you're completely insane.

Ron Paul supporters, as a group, are their (and Paul's) own worst enemies. They are not looking at this thing clinically with any sort of detachment. They need to STOP with the insane proclamations that "this is a tipping point!" "Ron Paul is surging!" "I have a man crush on Ron Paul!" and similar hyperbolic nonsense. These people are acting as if they're hypnotized. What supporters ought to be saying is this:

"We need to get real. Paul is polling just shy of 10%. People are beginning to know his name. What we need to do as a group is figure out how to play this into higher numbers. We need to get to 20%, then we need to get to 30%, and at each stage we need to play on strengths and eliminate weaknesses so the Paul campaign takes on a life of its own. Paul needs to do this. He needs to demonstrate that he can control his own campaign and not let it run away with itself."

If Paul supporters can break out of this delusional mold they've made for themselves he may actually have a chance. If they don't, it's going to wind up just like last time; and all the Paul supporters will be claiming, "We wuz robbed!" when they did it to themselves.
edit on 8/16/2011 by schuyler because: spelling

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I'm waiting to see a debate where the question of crime and punishment comes in and relates directly to hactivists. Millions of voters have been affected in their daily financial affairs.

How many of you Ron Paul supporters are going to like what he has to say?.
Hahahaha will be a fun day, all those torn between two delusions.

What is he going to say when the Guy Fawkes masks show up at his rallies? Will he be labeled and destroyed as he was in 2007 as a 911 truther by their presence only this time it won't be truther it will be hackster.

I predict Ron Paul will be destroyed from within just like the last elections. Labeled a Fringe Kook.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

reply to post by schuyler

In Florida we have to register in a specific party to vote in that primary. That is precisely the reason I registered as a Republican instead of an Independent. It doesn't much matter, because Florida's primary comes so late, it doesn't hold much weight, but in our state it is true that you have to register for the party, or you can't vote in the primary.

I appreciate that other states vary. It's just that the claim was made about Washington specifically and it is simply not true here. It's been in a state of flux and frankly I don't much like the way it works, but I'm not in charge this year.
I suppose there are 50 different ways it is done.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

And by the way, seats are limited on the bandwagon. So don't wait too long to reserve your seat.

LOL

Oh, don't you worry...I'm never boarding that crazy train.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I wish I mattered but I'm a Canuck.

I will say though, I find it very disturbing how the mainstream media is avoiding him like the plague and trying their best to discourage and downplay his presence. Very revealing indeed. Surprising they can get away with it. You would think even their viewership would cry fowl for it not even being a fair race and so poorly and inaccurately portrayed. Really pathetic actually. I was once told that you can tell a lot about a news channel by what they don't report. I'm starting to get the message.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by caladonea

reply to post by Carseller4

Maybe you missed the whooping he put on Romney and Ginghrich and Cain in Iowa? Maybe you have ignored all the major polls that show him in the top 3 and surging? Maybe you missed the fact that he is doing this well despite the media blackout!

Sorry, but Ron Paul is exactly what the country needs at this time. He is kind of an extreme Conservative, but that is exactly what we need to get the country steered back to the center. A moderate just cannot right the ship. The great Compromiser in Obama hasn't done anything but make it worse.

We absolutely must have a Ron Paul type president in 2012. Nothing less will do.

I agree with you. Before I joined ATS.....I didn't really know that much about Ron Paul.....ATS made me very curious about him....so I have read about him, listened to him.....and...what I really like about him is that he tells the truth and doesn't sugar coat it....we need the truth right now...and Ron Paul tells it. I think that is why many of the powers that be that run the mainstream media are boycotting him.

So you are going to run out right now a register as a Republican?

Actually...no....the majority of my family are Democrats.....but we don't always vote democrat..
It's important to vote for him in the primaries.

I'll be changing my voter registration to republican before the primaries. If he can get over that hurdle, I think considering everything, he could over take Obama. I really do believe he would be the peoples revolution in Washington.

I do not agree with all of his views, but I respect his reasoning that he makes very clear. I have mine as well, but when I prioritize my list, I find that the top most portion of my list is compatible with his.

At the top of my list is bringing home the military and to become peacemakers instead of war makers. To become financial functional and make sure that those who need help get it, and those who need jobs get thim.

I am pro-choice, he is not, but as important as my stance on that is to me, there are far more important issues that need to be resolved for now. Won't matter if abortion is legal and available if you do not have the income to pay for one. I also do not believe he would hang his campaign on the abortion issue, but he does make his view on it very clear.

He will no doubt be accosted and pressured by the PTB upon election to office, even if somehow he gets past all the blocks and aggressive punches they will pull and throw to keep him from it. I was impressed to hear him say that he would stay in it to the end, because even if he was not elected, the message still needs to get out.

He is a great American in my not so humble opinion.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

"We need to get real. Paul is polling just shy of 10%. People are beginning to know his name. What we need to do as a group is figure out how to play this into higher numbers. We need to get to 20%, then we need to get to 30%, and at each stage we need to play on strengths and eliminate weaknesses so the Paul campaign takes on a life of its own. Paul needs to do this. He needs to demonstrate that he can control his own campaign and not let it run away with itself.

If Paul supporters can break out of this delusional mold they've made for themselves he may actually have a chance. If they don't, it's going to wind up just like last time; and all the Paul supporters will be claiming, "We wuz robbed!" when they did it to themselves.

This part is absolutely correct. This is what happened in 2008. Even I was turned off by his campaign when I woke up one morning to anarchist graphitti and rEVOLution signs all over my town.

I think he has much better campaign managers this time around.

To win, I think he needs both. He needs an expertly run campaign looking at things exactly the way you describe above, and he also needs the rabid supporters making noise to counteract the media ignoring him.

Once he gains MSM attention, then his crazy supporters need to shut up and play in the shadows. Right now all attention is good attention, but they could quickly become an anchor to him.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NoAngel2u

I am pro-choice, he is not,

Actually he is pro-choice!

His personal opinion (like mine) is pro-life, but he doesn't believe the Federal government has any say in it. He believes the "choice" belongs to the Doctors and States, and families.

Thus, he is Pro-Choice for all intents and purposes, despite his personal opinion on the matter. It takes a lot of integrity to realize one has a strong opinion, but also realize the bigger concern is personal liberty!
edit on 16-8-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well, I have heard him speak on it several times, and that was my sense, that he's pro-life, but that he didn't think it was a federal issue, and would be left up to the states. The last time I heard him speak on it, he was associating the "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" also applied to an the unborn. He gave a very moving example from his personal experience why, and it was understandable.

Although I am pro-choice, I prefer that there be no need for them.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Yes, he is very pro-life. He just won't legislate it. Therefore as a politician, he is pro-choice.

In the debates, he used the example of a rape. In the instance of a rape, we sentence the rapist to a few years in prison, but sentence the innocent baby to death? He doesn't like it at all, but he still won't legislate against it.

Integrity at its finest.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Yes, he is very pro-life. He just won't legislate it. Therefore as a politician, he is pro-choice.

In the debates, he used the example of a rape. In the instance of a rape, we sentence the rapist to a few years in prison, but sentence the innocent baby to death? He doesn't like it at all, but he still won't legislate against it.

Integrity at its finest.

And that will lose him all of the religous right's votes.

What chance does he have without that?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

What is he going to say when the Guy Fawkes masks show up at his rallies? Will he be labeled and destroyed as he was in 2007 as a 911 truther by their presence only this time it won't be truther it will be hackster.

You Guy Fawkes crack fell on deaf ears since most Americans don't know and don't give a damn about some limey criminal.

I've been a republican for over 30 years and until i started paying attention to what Ron Paul was saying I was like a lot of people and thought that he was a fringe politician but in the last 6 months I've listened to his statements and debates and decided that he is the best chance to turn this country around.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Carseller4 is a troll..he trolls up and poo poo's on every thread he comments on..my advice..don't engage him.

I actually think RP has more than a snowballs chance in hell this time around..

Lots of Independent liberals like myself and friends are talking about him this time around. With the teatards help we might get him nominated.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

There is a big difference between the "religious" "right" and just the "right."

Even here in my local Tea Party, there is a big Pro-Life push, but there is an even bigger "small government" push.

This won't lose him any conservative votes. We all know his personal opinion, but we also know he stands for smaller government and less legislation in all arenas.

Let him worry about the Pro-Life fight in his second term!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
He talks big ideas but would only be 1/3 of the government. Without the support of congress and the courts he will sit on his butt in the oval orifice. The so called, "bully pulpit", only goes so far before everyone tunes out, Oh, it the crazy uncle Ron show, see if a movie is on. Too much of interrupting American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, Glee, etc. and the MSM will ignore his requests for TV time.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bramble Iceshimmer

1/3 with Veto power, and a likely Republican and Tea Party controlled Congress.

Also, most CEO's are fairly powerless, but a good CEO can turn a company around on a dime. It is about leadership, not power.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
He talks big ideas but would only be 1/3 of the government. Without the support of congress and the courts he will sit on his butt in the oval orifice. The so called, "bully pulpit", only goes so far before everyone tunes out, Oh, it the crazy uncle Ron show, see if a movie is on. Too much of interrupting American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, Glee, etc. and the MSM will ignore his requests for TV time.

At least he would generate a buzz and maybe restore a little hope, morale and recovery with the people. Some of his sense seems so common it might not be that hard a sell politically. He would be great diplomatically and on the international front. "Minding its own business," as he says, would be good for business.

With this whole media sham fascade thing, it's playing out like a cheap Hollywood reality TV show anyway...

Maybe he could strike down that nasty Patriot Act.

edit on 16-8-2011 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
In response to straw polls being brought up, heres the results for almost all straw polls this year.

Straw polls for the Republican Party presidential primaries, 2012

January 22, 2011, Derry, New Hampshire – New Hampshire Straw Poll ...Winner - Romney
February 10–12, 2011, Washington, D.C. – CPAC Straw Poll....Winner - Paul
February 27, 2011, Phoenix, Arizona – Tea Party Straw Poll....Winner - Cain
March 6, 2011, Seaside, Oregon – Dorchester Conference Straw Poll....Winner - Daniels
March 15, 2011, Washington, D.C. – National League of Cities Straw Poll...Winner - Romney
March 20, 2011, Sacramento, California – Republican Liberty Caucus of California Presidential Straw Poll...Winner - Paul

April 3, 2011, York County, South Carolina - South Carolina Straw Poll....Winner - Huckabee
April 9, 2011, Camp Hill (Harrisburg), Pennsylvania – Pennsylvania Leadership Conference straw poll...Winner - Cain

April 16, 2011, Georgia's 3rd congressional district - Georgia 3rd District Convention Straw Poll.... Winner - Cain
June 16–18, 2011, New Orleans, Louisiana – Republican Leadership Conference Straw Poll...Winner - Paul
June 19, 2011, Clay County, Iowa Republican Party Straw Poll...Winner - Paul
August 13, 2011 Iowa Straw Poll, Hilton Coliseum in Ames, Iowa....Winner - Bachmann

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join