It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hysterical Michele Bachmann flees teenage gay activist

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

After watching some of the candidates at the fair (Romney is the best example), it would seem that there were a fair % of people there for one reason and ONLY one reason. Heckle and generally harass the heck out of anything conservative. I don't blame her for walked off. I doubt I would have taken the stage in the first place. Why bother when you have a corps of people who've decided to ruin the event as each person comes up?

This is a very general observation next but...I know we're all polarized politically now. I don't think our nation has seen this degree of outright hate amongst our own people since the early 1860's, before the first shots were fired. However, we can control ourselves and heckling or shouting down the opposition is childish and counterproductive. I hate most liberals, personally. With that in mind, I simply choose not to attend their events. I don't go to try and ruin the experience for everyone else. Is that such a hard thing to follow?

Decency costs nothing but can be priceless to others.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

their sexist
thats why they arent that many if any at all.

but according to some people on here ats should be a free for all and trash anyone they want to.

yeah bachmann that "loon" but whats that? i am sure there were other presidential candidates running

ah i get it women are easy targets.

edit on 14-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Just read a thread completely trashing Ron Paul and another tearing apart Rick Perry.
Maybe you only click the links with female names in the titles.

OK, I haven't seen those. Point taken. No, actually I just observed the liberal hatred of conservative women. Oh wait, I did see that thread of Rush taking pot shots at Paul. But then again, Rush is conservative. The liberals trash conservative women.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Explanation: Half?...Uhmmm???

Lets investigate that DEEPLY ...

How many registered republican voters are there in America [wiki.answers.com]

There are roughly 55 million registered Republicans. There are roughly 72 million Democrats. And there are roughly 42 million registered independents.
That is less than 170 million people. There are more than 300 million Americans.

COMMENT ON THE ABOVE STATS: (this is a rough estimate)

People in the USA - a little over 300 million

Children under the age of 18 (voting age) - about 70 million

Adults over the age of 18 (voting age) - about 230 million

Adults registered to vote - about 170 million

People who voted in the 2008 election: 122 million (a little over 2/3)

Personal Disclosure: So 1/6th of the people is actually 1/2 of the population! With maths like that no wonder the USA is in such financial trouble! :shk:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

What a sad statement about the condition our Nation finds itself in today. I sure don't know how we can expect people to stand up and become active in the system to change things when we can't even get that % of Americans to put down the jumbo size bag of chips and stop slurping the 5000 ounce super-duper extra-jumbo soda drink and at least REGISTER to vote...then we can talk about getting them to do it all over again once in a great while to vote.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
So what If Bachmann's views are Christian and not supportive of Gay lifestyles? Does it make her wrong?
The silent majority of Christian's most likely agree with Bachmann.

Just shows the hypocracy of 'christians'.
Jesus had no problem with any human he encountered.
But 'christians'. anti-gay. anti this. anti that. Bet there were 'christian' slave traders and owners as well.
very christian. and dragging the US to a medieval mentality.

I am sure Ron Paul will go places these christian nut jobs will never see.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Gay people make me nervous.

If a gay person yelled at me, I would run too.

Good call. You can not win in a yelling match with a gay person. Run the other way. These people are very good at yelling and causing a scene.

Those who view others as second class citizens simply because of their sexual orientation, which is not a choice as some would have you believe, and want to run our country make me nervous.

Those who think it is somehow a bad thing to be intellectual make me nervous. People like Michelle Bachman and her supporters.

Those who use bronze age myths and ancient books to guide them in their decisions in the 21st century make me nervous.

Your post was nothing more than a reflection of your homophobia and your fear of something you personally cannot understand. If I was gay I would be shouting to the rooftops for being treated like I do not have the same rights as someone who was born a different way than myself. People are born gay and it is a natural occurrence all throughout nature. What scares you about people speaking loudly and passionate for their rights?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
How did she win the straw poll?

Funny you should ask:

THE IOWA STRAW POLL MYSTERY

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

So what If Bachmann's views are Christian and not supportive of Gay lifestyles? Does it make her wrong?

Yes it does make her wrong because her views of homosexuals are not based on reality or fact at all.

Even the Christians who attempt to use the bible to justify their own personal bigotry have no understanding of the historical context that those verses were written in.

They also ignore the fact that just a couple verses after the bible says homosexuality is an abomination, which has a very different meaning in the context of the ancient Hebrews than what we think of as an abomination, it also says planting two seeds in one hole is an abomination, eating rabbit and shellfish is an abomination, wearing cotton and wool at the same time is an abomination, etc. They use their so called holy book, that they do not have the knowledge to interpret correctly, as a way to justify hate towards something they cannot understand.

Abomination meant something that was not beneficial to the growing Israeli society. They made it an abomination to 'spill a mans seed' because they were attempting to ensure the growth of the population. In this context people who masturbate, have wet dreams, or use a condom should be discriminated against in the same way homosexuals are. It is the 21st century, not 2,000 B.C. We know better today, at least some of us do.

People who use their faith and holy books to back up their personal bigotry and ignorance are wrong and should not even make it as far as Bachmann has in an advanced societies election.

Another thing that makes her wrong is whether she likes it or not homosexuals make up a percentage of our population. She wants the position of the presidency, in which she is meant to represent all Americans, yet she cannot handle questions or dissent from people that she irrationally views as inferior second class citizens.

edit on 14-8-2011 by megabytz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by megabytz

Personal bigotry has no place within the Bible. I am by no means an expert ,but have studied enough of it.
Avoiding promiscuous women, drunks and the like is discrimination also? Basically, it teaches you to pray for them to change their ways and still love them. I love the submissive question posed to her and she nailed it perfectly.
It amazes me how people attempt to legitimize their actions by calling Christian's bigots.
As for Islamic faith, forget about them, they are still stoning people in many of those countries.
At the least it will be interesting to see how Rick Perry handles this also.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

reply to post by megabytz

Personal bigotry has no place within the Bible. I am by no means an expert ,but have studied enough of it.
Avoiding promiscuous women, drunks and the like is discrimination also? Basically, it teaches you to pray for them to change their ways and still love them. I love the submissive question posed to her and she nailed it perfectly.
It amazes me how people attempt to legitimize their actions by calling Christian's bigots.
As for Islamic faith, forget about them, they are still stoning people in many of those countries.
At the least it will be interesting to see how Rick Perry handles this also.

I in no way called all Christians bigots. Many of them do attempt to justify their own personal feelings about homosexuality using a misunderstanding of what the bible says.

Your reasoning also presupposes that the bible is true and sin is a real thing punishable by some divine dictator. This is based on what? Feelings? Faith? A lack of knowledge? You also assume that people need to change their ways in order to conform to your or Christianities narrow view and interpretation of what is moral as well as immoral.

Homosexuals do not need your prayers for change. There is nothing wrong with them. They did not make a choice to be that way, they were born with an attraction to members of the same sex and they are as much of a human and an equal as anyone else.

And you cannot honestly think there is no personal bigotry within the bible, do you? It is full of bigotry. If you missed those things than you have read it with blinders on and try to ignore what contradicts your own inherent knowledge of what is wrong and right. Jesus himself displays bigotry within the bible. It may come as a shock to you but he does. I wonder if you know where?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Gay people make me nervous.

If a gay person yelled at me, I would run too.

Good call. You can not win in a yelling match with a gay person. Run the other way. These people are very good at yelling and causing a scene.

If thats the case she ought to be RUNNING from that fruity husband of hers everday!!!!!..he don't fool me one bit.

Oh boy i love to see whats in his closet.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Not very good leadership qualities if you run from the problems
shes already failed leadership 101

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Politically yes. I mean we have a thing called separation of Church and state for a reason. It does make her wrong and I'd go as far as to say a bad person.

Actually, it doesn't make her wrong. Or right. She does not have to leave her religious beliefs at the door in order to serve as president. She has freedom of religion under the 1st amendment, too.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by neo96

some posters arent doing womens rights any service

Exactly, where are the threads trashing Romney's religion, or Rick Santorum. He's Catholic. Yet all we see are the haters of female candidates.

Can you post a link showing them forcing their religion on people? Besides that other religious nutjob Perry just entered the race so it will be a couple of days before he gets dragged over the coals. What these idiot politicians need to learn is Americas does not follow one religion so they need to keep it to themselves.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
A "straw poll" is where Miss Michele actually PAID people to vote for her! Only in Amerika... thanks GOD the rest of the world has not been enculturated with your political values...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Is this a direct quote from her?

2nd line

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: Half?...Uhmmm???

Lets investigate that DEEPLY ...

How many registered republican voters are there in America [wiki.answers.com]

There are roughly 55 million registered Republicans. There are roughly 72 million Democrats. And there are roughly 42 million registered independents.

That is less than 170 million people. There are more than 300 million Americans.

COMMENT ON THE ABOVE STATS: (this is a rough estimate)

People in the USA - a little over 300 million

Children under the age of 18 (voting age) - about 70 million

Adults over the age of 18 (voting age) - about 230 million

Adults registered to vote - about 170 million

People who voted in the 2008 election: 122 million (a little over 2/3)

Personal Disclosure: So 1/6th of the people is actually 1/2 of the population! With maths like that no wonder the USA is in such financial trouble! :shk:

Thank you for those stats, they open the eyes better than a cup of coffee.

So only 2/3rds of the people in America that can vote, which make up only half the total population do so. Seems to me that's half the problem right there, you know?

I know in the past I've told people to boycott elections and not vote. But the fact is that this is what our system is, so if voting is how things "get done"
, then maybe we should make it mandatory that EVERYONE who is of age in the U.S. HAS to vote.

All or nothing at all. Otherwise, what's the point?

I don't care if you vote for Donald Duck of Michelle Bachman (what's the difference, right?), things won't change unless WE chnage them.

This is what I'm doing next year : www.americanselect.org...

edit on 14-8-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: Numbers........ugh

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

She seems really afraid of gay people.

This reminds me of a question I once heard asked, about whether or not homosexuality was dangerous. The answer that was given?

"That depends. Does the homosexual have a gun?"

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
What these idiot politicians need to learn is Americas does not follow one religion so they need to keep it to themselves.

Unless they're atheists, of course. Then they have total freedom to tell everyone they want.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thundersmurf

Thats becasue christianity is seen as being backward in a modern world. Nobody, apart from the religious, wants to see religion in the white house. That's my view, and the silent majority of others. By your logic, I am not wrong.

Peace out

"Chrstianity" as you spelled it is not seen as backwards in the modern world. It's seen as backward by people I don't like and some atheists. Religion is religion. I love how you grouped Christianity all alone yet you know Muslims and Jews are okay. Your type bugs me. I recently made a post about it.

Thanks for your opinion though.

Wow. Interesting reply. You know and I know that nobody cares about spelling mistakes really. Correcting them just makes you look like you have no valid point to make. I didn't mention Jewish or Muslim religions because that's not what is benig discussed here. Sorry if me not comparing your religion to others has some how offended you.

Christianity is seen as backward in a modern world and by a lot more than 'some atheists'. It's not a religion that stands the test of time and that is why more people than ever are leaving the faith; becasue it's not in line with modern world thinking.

I really didn't mean to cause offence in replying to you, but it seems thats all you had in mind. Your hate makes you closed minded.

Peace out

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join