It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hysterical Michele Bachmann flees teenage gay activist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Attention...

Please stick to the topic at hand. Any further attempts to derail this thread will result in swift action and the possible suspension of posting privileges.

Consider this fair warning.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

She really said this? Oh wow.

Can you link me to your source.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Posting the picture since I think it's needed in this thread

I had no clue she supports the tea party movement...Im on the fence when it comes to the tea party, but my god if she supports it I may just have to rethink my views.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

Exactly this. I am a Christian but seriously gay rights have no place in Politics. Gays can do what they want. It's stupid to make laws preventing rights of other people's choices.

(Well I'm a Christian that supports gay rights so I'm biased and weird but still)

link   
reply to post by drew1749

Politically yes. I mean we have a thing called separation of Church and state for a reason. It does make her wrong and I'd go as far as to say a bad person.

I do not think the government should be forcing a minority opinion upon the population and the Christian community.
The States and Feds can not dictate to the churches who can be married, if you follow the Bible. I do not agree with any government official or boat Captain performing marriages. Touchy situation to address.
I have more of a problem with who this child discovered her sexuality and at what age? That is most disturbing and a trend that keeps getting worse.

link   

Originally posted by drew1749
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

She really said this? Oh wow.

Can you link me to your source.

No, that is a parody of her based on the Miss Teen USA 2007 screw up from South Carolina.
edit on 8-13-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Gay people make me nervous.

If a gay person yelled at me, I would run too.

Good call. You can not win in a yelling match with a gay person. Run the other way. These people are very good at yelling and causing a scene.

What a coincidence, I feel the same way about car salesmen.

Michele Bachmann fleeing the scene of an LGBT activist, I wonder what she would do in the event China threatened us...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Just because someone is running for president, doesn't mean they'll automatically agree with your POV. That's just not how it works. If you don't want a person against homosexuality in office, then don't vote for them. It's really that simple.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Gay people make me nervous.

If a gay person yelled at me, I would run too.

Good call. You can not win in a yelling match with a gay person. Run the other way. These people are very good at yelling and causing a scene.

Very intelligent.

Very.

Intelligent.

link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
Just because someone is running for president, doesn't mean they'll automatically agree with your POV. That's just not how it works. If you don't want a person against homosexuality in office, then don't vote for them. It's really that simple.

It has nothing to do with her being against homosexuality (okay maybe a bit) it has to do with how she ran from a teenage boy asking her questions. How insane is that? Pretty nutty. Not to mention her husbands pray away the gay clinic.

Gay Issues + Politics = What the hell leave this out of politics, this isn't a political issue.
edit on 8/13/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by mugger
So what If Bachmann's views are Christian and not supportive of Gay lifestyles? Does it make her wrong?
The silent majority of Christian's most likely agree with Bachmann.

Thats becasue christianity is seen as being backward in a modern world. Nobody, apart from the religious, wants to see religion in the white house. That's my view, and the silent majority of others. By your logic, I am not wrong.

Peace out

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Politically yes. I mean we have a thing called separation of Church and state for a reason. It does make her wrong and I'd go as far as to say a bad person.

I do not think the government should be forcing a minority opinion upon the population and the Christian community.
The States and Feds can not dictate to the churches who can be married, if you follow the Bible. I do not agree with any government official or boat Captain performing marriages. Touchy situation to address.
I have more of a problem with who this child discovered her sexuality and at what age? That is most disturbing and a trend that keeps getting worse.

so equality is a "minority opinion"? What part of "All men are created equal" is beyond understanding? what about separating christianity from government? Christ! save us from those using your name!
seed

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thundersmurf

So what If Bachmann's views are Christian and not supportive of Gay lifestyles? Does it make her wrong?
The silent majority of Christian's most likely agree with Bachmann.

Thats becasue christianity is seen as being backward in a modern world. Nobody, apart from the religious, wants to see religion in the white house. That's my view, and the silent majority of others. By your logic, I am not wrong.

Peace out

"Chrstianity" as you spelled it is not seen as backwards in the modern world. It's seen as backward by people I don't like and some atheists. Religion is religion. I love how you grouped Christianity all alone yet you know Muslims and Jews are okay. Your type bugs me. I recently made a post about it.

Thanks for your opinion though.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

True.. however, it is tradition in this country that a person's personal viewpoints and opinions be thoroughly investigated and exposed when they are running for the office of president. Politics has no place in the bedrooms or households of consenting adults.

Get government out of the marriage and personal relationships business.
edit on 8-13-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

thanks, I hear ya, but it's getting late and I've about had my fill for the day. Bachmann and Perry in the news in one day ~~ how much can one man take? I need to go get me a cocktail or 4 .........maybe one of those fruity drinks with the pretty umbrella (just kidding ...............about the umbrella not the cocktails)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Even my grandmother who adores her and agrees with her beliefs, doesn't think she could handle being president without having a major emotional breakdown with in the first couple of weeks. If you knew my grandmother you would know this is saying a lot. A lot of her so called supporters, don't think she is emotionally up to the job.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LooksLikeWeMadeIt

I'd argue that the umbrella is the best part. Anyways take it easy. lol

Got anything else to add on the thread before ya go?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Let me try this again.

Kind of hard getting wording "straight" when dealing with a class of people ATS so dearly tries to protect.

1. As a politician you do not want to get into a yelling match with a gay person. (For reasons unknown to me, I can not go into detail)

If Politicians had a Bible, this would be 1 of the 10 Commandments.

Bachmann did the right thing.

BTW I am not the only one that gets nervous by gay people.

Remember John Edwards?

www.rushlimbaugh.com...

"What is your position, Mr. Edwards, on gay rights?" Shrum quotes Edwards as saying, "I'm not comfortable around those people."

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
As far as Bachmann representing the Tea Party, no she doesn't. The Tea Party was hijacked by the Fox News and the Republicans. People that say they don't listen to the MSM and then turn around and call the Tea Party "tea baggers" are hypocrites. As far as her being heckled by a gay person, this should tell you what her stance is on homosexuality. My advice is that if you are gay and/or support gay rights, then she probably shouldn't be your first choice for the presidency. I will give her this; at least she is honest about it and not playing up to gay community.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749

It has nothing to do with her being against homosexuality (okay maybe a bit) it has to do with how she ran from a teenage boy asking her questions. How insane is that? Pretty nutty. Not to mention her husbands pray away the gay clinic.

Gay Issues + Politcs = What the hell leave this out of politics, this isn't a political issue.

Brother, you are going to have to learn to just leave it alone yourself. Homophobes have very serious issues with themselves. Repressed pain, embarrassment and humiliation mixed with low self-esteem and discomfort in their own shows takes the form of such ridiculous mindsets. It's actually not far from blind racism or any other cowardly stance on subjects that have no bearing what-so-ever on said individual's ability to live. I have yet to meet a truly homophobic man or woman who displayed any sign of intelligence or made it apparent that they had anything to offer to humanity at-large.

I'm not saying that all those a bit "uncomfortable" with homosexuality are guilty of the things I mentioned above, but certainly ALL of those who stand staunchly opposed to another human being's sexual preference. Ever wonder why some of the most outspoken anti-gay politicians and "leaders" get caught with a ladyboy in a public bathroom? It's generally because they are cowards so afraid of themselves that they project unreasonable and idiotic responses to this fear outwardly. Be it in the form of unintelligent "homobashing" or anti-gay legislation.

These, of course, are just the unprofessional observations of a heterosexual male. One that has proudly made friends, hung out with and served his country beside gay men and women. I would love to introduce one of these loud-mouthed morons to an extremely gay man serving with the Army's 3rd Special Forces Group. I'm sure he would be happy to help sort out these individual's stereotypes. Meanest, hardest, most grizzly homosexual man that I've ever had the pleasure of cuddling up with in a foxhole.
edit on 13-8-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join