It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the Global Financial Elites Controlling $46 Trillion In Wealth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Meet the Global Financial Elites Controlling $46 Trillion In Wealth

www.alternet.org

While 68.3 million Americans struggle to get enough food to eat and wages are declining for 90 percent of the population, ...US millionaire households now have $38.6 trillion in wealth. On top of the $38.6 trillion this study reveals, they have an estimated $6.3 trillion hidden in offshore accounts.

In total, US millionaire households have at least $45.9 trillion in wealth, the majority of this wealth is held within the upper one-tenth of one percent of the population.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.globalresearch.ca
www.pacificfreepress.com
www.marketoracle.co.uk
www.thisdaylive.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Goodbye internet privacy in canada.
How Unequal Are We? Redistribution of Wealth to the Rich
Wealth is being transferred from the poor and middle to the rich at stupefying speed
The True Cause of Wealth Inequality

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The so-called "Global Financial Crisis" simply redistributed and concentrated the world's wealth into very, very few hands. Lowly wage earners are carrying the nation's debt - now $14,588,853,570,235.83 - but the rich get to sock it away.

The estimated population of the United States is 311,106,549
so each citizen's share of this debt is $46,893.43.

From David9176's 2010 thread:

· Percentage of U.S. total income in 1976 that went to the top 1% of American households: 8.9.
· Percentage in 2007: 23.5.
· Only other year since 1913 that the top 1 percent’s share was that high: 1928.
· Combined net worth of the Forbes 400 wealthiest Americans in 2007: $1.5 trillion.
· Combined net worth of the poorest 50% of American households: $1.6 trillion.

In 1998, the top 1% of the US population had 38.1% of the nation's wealth.

In 2000, of the world's 100 largest economic entities, 51 were corporations and 49 were countries.

By 2007, the top 1% of US households had 42.7% of US financial wealth.

Wealth, Income, and Power
In the United States, …As of 2007, the top 1% of households (the upper class) owned 34.6% of all privately held wealth, and the next 19% (the managerial, professional, and small business stratum) had 50.5%, which means that just 20% of the people owned a remarkable 85%, leaving only 15% of the wealth for the bottom 80% (wage and salary workers). In terms of financial wealth (total net worth minus the value of one's home), the top 1% of households had an even greater share: 42.7%.

By 2020, US millionaire households are projected to have over $100 trillion in total.

…to further demonstrate how the global economy has now been completely rigged, Deloitte’s analysis predicated, based on current trends, that US millionaire households will see a 225 percent increase in wealth to $87.1 trillion by 2020. Accounting for wealth hidden in offshore accounts, they are projected to have over $100 trillion in total within the next decade.

Feel violated yet? 'Wanna talk about it?

Rape has been treated through history with silence. People find it difficult to talk about and the police and legal system find it equally difficult to deal with. Professionals often avoid rape cases because of the paraphernalia of the judiciary system.

Police used to tell women not to fight against rapists - they said that's how you got hurt.

Today, research shows that Forceful physical resistance is an extremely successful strategy.

The completed rape dropped to 14% when the rapist’s attempt was met with violent physical force. Striking was more successful than pushing or wrestling. Physical resistance also appeared to be more effective when assault occurred outdoor[5].

Women who used knives or guns in self-defence were raped less than 1% of the time. Defensive use of edged or projectile weapons reduced the rate of injury to statistical insignificance[7].

For the record: I do NOT advocate violence; I do NOT endorse rape.

Also see:

THE REVITALIZED EUGENICS MOVEMENT AND THE FDA's ROLE

ARE CORPORATIONS "PEOPLE"?

Would a wealth cap save the global economy?

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Hey! Stop picking on the millionaires.
They can't help it they have a lot of money.
Millionaires are my friends!

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Yup. Here's another link for you:

World's richest 1% own 40% of all wealth, UN report discovers

But if any of us so much as speak out against this absurd inequality - out come the Tea Party robots to start screaming pre-programmed nonsense about communism and wealth redistribution.

Let's see here - the top 1% of the world's population owns 40% of it's wealth...and wealth redistribution is a bad thing?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It's too bad you felt it necessary to muddy your point by introducing the subject of physical violence against women. I know what you were attempting but you failed. You're attempting to compare apples and crankshafts. Fail.

Your point is one I've made for years. We're being systematically pillaged. And it becomes geometric over time. As they are able to consolidate more money they can influence more politcians, push more legislation that further benefits them at our expense, and the cycle just incrases and tightens.

Why do you think banks were able to get the controls put in-place after the Depression reversed? Why do you think Wall Street was able to tank our economy under the 'watchful eye' of the government? Why do you think vast numbers of jobs and almost all of our manufacturing infrastructure has been off-shored --- and not only without penealty but with government financial incentives to boot!

Why is it that tax receipts from individuals is up 23.8% while receipts from corporations are down 0.6%? Where is their money going? Treasury

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
These are the people that are destroying the planet with their global economic scams. The IMF 'rescues' failing countries with steep loans and a Structural Adjustment Program. On paper the plan looks diverse, but what they actually do is horrendous. Yet those Dr Jekyll money thugs steer the MSM to invest in 'emerging economies'

The impact of these preconditions on poorer countries can be devastating. Factors such as the following lead to further misery for the developing nations and keep them dependent on developed nations:

•Poor countries must export more in order to raise enough money to pay off their debts in a timely manner.
•Because there are so many nations being asked or forced into the global market place—before they are economically and socially stable and ready—and told to concentrate on similar cash crops and commodities as others, the situation resembles a large-scale price war.
•Then, the resources from the poorer regions become even cheaper, which favors consumers in the West.
•Governments then need to increase exports just to keep their currencies stable (which may not be sustainable, either) and earn foreign exchange with which to help pay off debts.
•Governments therefore must:
•spend less
•reduce consumption
•remove or decrease financial regulations
•and so on.
•Over time then:
•the value of labor decreases
•capital flows become more volatile
•a spiraling race to the bottom then begins, which generates
•social unrest, which in turn leads to “IMF riots” and protests around the world
•These nations are then told to peg their currencies to the dollar. But keeping the exchange rate stable is costly due to measures such as increased interest rates.
•Investors obviously concerned about their assets and interests can then pull out very easily if things get tough
•In the worst cases, capital flight can lead to economic collapse, such as we saw in the Asian/global financial crises of 1997/98/99, or in Mexico, Brazil, and many other places. During and after a crisis, the mainstream media and free trade economists lay the blame on emerging markets and their governments’ restrictive or inefficient policies, crony capitalism, etc., which is a cruel irony.
•When IMF donors keep the exchange rates in their favor, it often means that the poor nations remain poor, or get even poorer. Even the 1997/98/99 global financial crisis can be partly blamed on structural adjustment and early, overly aggressive deregulation for emerging economies.
•Millions of children end up dying each year.

When SAP'd countries again have to default on their IMF loans, the PTB swoop in and exploit their resources, leaving the place in worse shape than it was found. But they still owe the loan, so they reduce social benefits, raise taxes, and assert more control. The Financial Elites are fully aware of, and behind these practices.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Millionaires are my friends!

Okay. Let the bailouts continue!

And the bonuses too!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

It's not like you need them but, S&F anyway for an excellent thread on a topic that needs to be highlighted as often as possible.

And to think that they can't stand any tax increases because they are "The Job Creators."

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I believe that as long as their is one single millionaire in the world people like you would say they are the root of all evil because they simply have more than you.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I think that newcovenant was just expressing a bit of sarcasm, not to be taken seriously. It's my understanding that newcovenant is well aware of the corporate fascist takeover of our government by the wealthy elite.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

It's not like you need them but, S&F anyway for an excellent thread on a topic that needs to be highlighted as often as possible.

And to think that they can't stand any tax increases because they are "The Job Creators."

Well then, where are the jobs? They suck at it.

PS - You know me too well!
edit on 12-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
I believe that as long as their is one single millionaire in the world people like you would say they are the root of all evil because they simply have more than you.

Well I feel enlightened now.
Do you really think this is true or are you repeating some sort of ideology you learned from Greed U?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I do believe this is true and also what drives the NWO fear. People have to have that boogyman in the closet to blame things on and will not accept the fact that their problems may just be part of the cycle of life. They feel the need to have someone as the cause of their pain.

Certainly there is an endless amount of corruption and greed among the rich but their are also many self made people who achieved what they have. I would suggest if people are feeling so controlled that they join the wealthy and become one themselves.

It's not hard and if you are not rich or not in the process of becoming wealthy you lack one of three things:

The desire

The intelligence

The hard work

People need to ask themselves which of those areas they are failing in and address that instead of shifting blame to those that have already made it.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I must be very nice to have such a concisely framed mind set as you Kro. When presented with issues which seem to contradict ones established vision, people like you revert to simplistic dismissal.

Upps. Looky there, I did it to.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

I do believe this is true and also what drives the NWO fear. People have to have that boogyman in the closet to blame things on and will not accept the fact that their problems may just be part of the cycle of life. They feel the need to have someone as the cause of their pain.

Certainly there is an endless amount of corruption and greed among the rich but their are also many self made people who achieved what they have. I would suggest if people are feeling so controlled that they join the wealthy and become one themselves.

It's not hard and if you are not rich or not in the process of becoming wealthy you lack one of three things:

The desire

The intelligence

The hard work

People need to ask themselves which of those areas they are failing in and address that instead of shifting blame to those that have already made it.

Hey, if it helps you sleep at night...believe what ever you want to.
It is a free country. Well actually it isn't free, and I don't even think I can afford it any more.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The should call it trickle up economics. I think we should linch the up 1% and redistribute the wealth. There aint no way they could stop 150 million of us.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well it is clear that we have a game of monopoly going on with the current structure, so how does that end? The winner takes all while everyone else drops out of the game.

I would not call your solution to rape as a fail, but a valid attempt to find a practical solution. Congress has proven it is unable to stand up to its social responsibilities and everyone has a right to defend themselves in a life threatening situation. Most people would like to find a more civilised solution to this problem but as a plan B it is one that has proven effective in the past. With the civil unrest gradually spreading from the Middle East it is also a possible reality.

As for a plan A I would start here:

We can make corporations more responsible to the public good by amending the law that says the pursuit of profit takes precedence over the public interest. --- Robert Hinkley, former corporate attorney

edit on 12-8-2011 by kwakakev because: Changed type of quote

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

TAX THE RICH!!!! People who can barely pay the bills, and afford gas and food have to pay the same amount that people who have millions of dollars just collecting dust in a bank have to pay.

That is BS! I don't care if some see it as sort of like communism, if you have millions of dollars sitting in a bank, you can and should pay MUCH more in taxes.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
can you blame them they are only playing the same game you are.

I wonder what they want the cash for, or if they have just bought everything they want and have no need to spend the cash.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I'm sure Bill Gates pays more in taxes in one year than you will in your entire lifetime yet receives no more benefits from the State than you do.

Is that fair?

He should at least get a statue of him placed somewhere.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join