It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Viewers Threaten Atheists Over 9/11 Cross Lawsuit

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Yeah, that place was hilarious to witness. Back then you could smoke in the church too. Anyhoo, religious symbols are VERY important to each particular faith...the problem, as it is with the whole racket, is that everyone has bought hook line and sinker what was told to them. No digging. No looking. No history. Nothing, just, it's OURS. The oldest and most used example is the swastika. Now, to the Padre for lunch and a tightener!

CJ

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Just because someone doesn't share your viewpoint on religion they should seek therapy? Ok Nice to see people that don't want religion forced on the public are mentally ill. Did you ever stop to think that just putting a cross there spits on the religions of the other people that died there? If you were Jewish would you want a cross marking your grave? If you are going to put one symbol up then you have put one up for every religion. Sorry to the narrow minded Christians but a cross just doesn't cover everything. And as far as therapy goes it's the people that hear disembodied voices telling them what to do that needs therapy.

I'd personally rather there be no religious symbols put up there at all. This isn't a religious site. This is a site of death and murder, committed upon innocent civilians just going about their daily lives. Nobody's God or gods saved anyone there. No miracles occurred. It should just be a place of personal reflection and honor for the victims of this mass murder.

But it doesn't matter what we want because this is private property, thus rendering any arguments about freedom of expression invalid and switching the arguments to the fact that this group of freedom-haters don't want anyone to put up whatever the hell they want on their own property.

My comments about the people that (most definitely) need therapy are directed toward the couple of avowed atheists that have commented here that have such hate and bile for religion, and for Christians in particular, that they can't see past their own hurt and resentment of whatever happened to them in their lives by abusive pseudo-Christians to comprehend that religious views are also covered under the Constitution. Not that the 1st Amendment matters here, as it's a 4th Amendment issue.

/TOA
edit on 12-8-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It's a memorial.

The next thing these people will be suing over are all the crosses at Arlington National Cemetery.

If Christians died in the Twin Towers, then it belongs there. If Buddhists died in the Twin Towers then a Buddhist religious symbol belongs there. If a Pastafarian died in the Twin Towers, then a picture of the Flying Freaking Spaghetti Monster belongs there.

The people who died at the Twin Towers should be memorialized in such a way as to show who they were.

These Atheists shouldn't be taking that away from the victims.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
How many muslims died in the twin towers? Why isn't a star/crescent going up?
How many pagans? Should a variety of symbols go up also?

Why is there any re...bah, I am bored of this subject...the topic is, Christians are thugs...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CryHavoc
It's a memorial.

The next thing these people will be suing over are all the crosses at Arlington National Cemetery.

Those are personal choices for their personal plot, not a monument.

The people who died at the Twin Towers should be memorialized in such a way as to show who they were.

They were people, not religions.
People died there -because- of religion

These Atheists shouldn't be taking that away from the victims.

Its not this difficult to make a memorial
See Pearl Harbor
Mirror Pearl Harbor..
How is this a difficult thing to do? Make little bricks with the name of each victim at each place..and on it, sure, scratch in a symbol of their religion, what country they were a citizen of, etc...

Sell the beams on ebay and use that money to pay for cancer treatment for first responders...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
But it doesn't matter what we want because this is private property, thus rendering any arguments about freedom of expression invalid and switching the arguments to the fact that this group of freedom-haters don't want anyone to put up whatever the hell they want on their own property.

Yep...it is a privately owned plot of land (from what I understand). I think the fed should have purchased it frankly...sure, its cute waterfalls now, but in 40 years, it will more than likely be sold off once the ruckus dies down...and no doubt the muslims will try to purchase it for a islamic teaching center and mosque (as per their tactics)...

And they will have every right to...and I am certain nobody will be caring much.

Not a muslim hater btw..just know how they work when conquoring lands in jihad.

And when that time comes, and if ATS is still around/I am part of it...I will argue for their right to do so...after all, its private property and nobody has a choice as to what is done on other peoples property.

So...in my opinion, this land needs to be purchased by the fed, create either a proper monument, or some reflection park thing, and keep it that way until the end of time...but it should be made into something just as relevant now as will be in 3000 years (when religion itself is all but some ancient nonsense).

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CryHavoc

People are not their religions.

The problem is they are only representing and memorializing a specific group of people and ignoring the fact that many of the people who died were non-believers, Muslims, Jews, etc.

Like it or not, ancient torture devices offend some people.

They are also forgetting the fact that religion motivated the attack in the first place. But of course their religion is better than the next, right?
edit on 12-8-2011 by megabytz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
As an agnostic I would like to say the most obnoxious thing atheists do is try to remove religious signs from public. If they don't believe and don't care then can't they ignore it? What that says to me is that they aren't entirely sure of their atheism and that seeing these objects makes them think of their doubt and shows that they aren't true atheists. Can't they just keep it to themselves. It shouldn't at all offend if they don't believe. Can't they just scoff quietly under their breath?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It shows that Christians are just the same as radical Muslims.
they both want to kill people who have a different religion.

didn't god say that we are free to chose?
but if we dont chose god,
he sends us to hell.
dont kill! but kill a witch?
a very nice lot them Christians.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
As an Atheist i'm not too suprised at the barbaric response christians have to anything. Its been my experience that christians only follow the parts of the bible that suit them and they explain away the rest with false interpretations.

Lets be honest, I walk into town from the desert or woods and say a burning bush told me to do something...where do I end up? You guessed right, I'm most likely heading straight for the nuthouse.

Why are christians so eager to force their beliefs onto others, its no wonder they are so hated. I couldn't care less if you believe in god or not. So quit coming to my door to ask me to come to church. Let the gays get married, Live and let live.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

No we can't just scoff quietly under our breath, not when religion has caused so much damage to society.

I think it is about time atheists speak up and be heard, especially since they are one of the most discriminated against groups in America today.

Why do theists feel the need to demonize people who value rationality? Why do theists feel the need to push their religion on the rest of the world and try to undermine the separation of church and state? Why do theist put up extremely offensive billboards attacking atheists?

Atheists have been far too quiet for far too long and it is time for us to try and interject a little rationality into this world.

Over 50 million people in the U.S. are doubtful about religion but afraid to speak up because opf the consequences that it entails. The atheists who protests religious symbols such as this, which exclude a large number of the casualties on that day, are attempting to encourage those people to speak up for themselves.

As for you being an agnostic, you are more than likely an agnostic atheist. You are either a theist or an atheist. So which is it? It seems to me that you are the one not sure of your position.
edit on 12-8-2011 by megabytz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWizard

I agree. Why get so pissed because other people feel better putting crossed sticks up? If you're not a believer, it shouldn't really mean anything. I'm agnostic too, and if only people of religion would respect other religions and those without religion, things would be better for everybody. But, atheists need to accept not everybody has to believe (or not believe) as they do, that's no better than religious extremism.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Gotta love Christians who bash Islam and accuse of it being a "violent" religion when they go and pull this nonsense. Really. Brilliant group of people.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Gotta love Christians who bash Islam and accuse of it being a "violent" religion when they go and pull this nonsense. Really. Brilliant group of people.

sorry but internet threats are one thing and it was not a smart thing to do,

if any atheists end up raped or murdered then you might have a point.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
I don't know how much truth in it. But the christians are being blamed for advocating killing atheists in that facebook page.

I don't care what these people are calling themselves. If they advocate rape and murder, they are not Christians.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

They've always been that way. About 2-3 million people watch Faux News ... that's much less than watch Sponge Bob though it does lead any other individual "news entertainment". The psychos need a place to gather. And these people are the worst among us. They are terrorists. They believe in murder and destruction to achieve their ends. They cheer the demise of the U.S. They cheer people dying for want of health care. They love the suffering of those not like them.

They are our enemy and the enemy of all mankind.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabytz
As for you being an agnostic, you are more than likely an agnostic atheist. You are either a theist or an atheist. So which is it? It seems to me that you are the one not sure of your position.

Sorry, this made me LOL a little. Someone needs to look up the definition of agnostic. No, theist or atheist are not the only two choices.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I don't believe in fairy tales and don't think the government should promote them as fact. I don't think this point of view steps on anyone's rights.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabytz
You are either a theist or an atheist. So which is it?

BS. Agnostics can be not-sureists, we understand there's no way to know either way, if there is more to our existence.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Perhaps this opinion gets me some hate, but perhaps Atheists would do well to recall what nation they are living in and what majority Muslims controls it by such a wide margin, the whole discussion is almost moot.

www.adherents.com...

That is a fairly clear grid and I confirmed the numbers by other sources as being within a % or so of anything else I found for numbers and solid estimates.

I don't want to see any harm come to Atheists, but they seem to treat the attacking of Muslims as a personal sport. To a majority of people, it's the very core of their life, beliefs, and spiritual being. I hope no one acts on their threats, as it only makes life harder on everyone when that happens. Having said that, these folks have to realize the Muslims they are attacking on a daily basis have members who aren't entirely stable....and will push back.

Here, I made a slight adjustment to your post, in order to show you how batsh#t crazy you sound, and very much like another fanatical religon.

PS. Calling this "tribalism"? What the hell? It's fanaticism. Religious FANATICISM. Don't be confused, it's no different than the head-chopping youtubing Muslims.

There is no excuse for this type of behavior, particularly from Christians who are claiming they are the majority of this country and think they can get away with whatever they want, something very very disturbing about your statement and your point of view.
edit on 12-8-2011 by yourignoranceisbliss because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join