It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Viewers Threaten Atheists Over 9/11 Cross Lawsuit

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by megabytz

Yeah.. but picking your battles is important. I don't discriminate against any, but taking down xmas displays, road side crosses, ten commandments in school.. why? What does it hurt?

Ohhhh... you're sooooo right! Let's make a bunch of schools like this and send all of the Natives there so that they can "see the light" or "be saved"! Good plan!

Maybe once we're done that we can burn some witches and hang the gays, since we're so caught up disregarding the errors of our past.
edit on 15-8-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

This is just one instance. And it isn't about separation of church and state.

First - - stop speaking for Atheists and how they should act/behave/believe/support/ignore - - whatever!

If government funding is being used - - absolutely it is about separation of church and state.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOrangeBrood

What error are you referring to?

I never said anything about preaching or even campaigning to put such things in place, but it's not like saying people shouldn't kill or steal is a horrible message to have around. You are just going off on nonsensical tangents so it's kinda pointless to talk to you. You are kind of blowing the whole intelligence angle for all other atheists.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Is government funding being used? I mean, it was a cross found in the rubble made out of the destroyed beams from the world trade center building.. so probably not much. Do we know that the government paid for it?

Why do you care as an atheist?

Also, I'm not religious, but I'm not speaking for anyone. It just doesn't make sense for atheists to get so bent out of shape over something they don't even believe in. Actually it's just retarded. I have a friend who is a real atheist and he doesn't care at all he even celebrates christmas. All these pretentious, idiot, pretend atheists just want to block religious symbols to be jerks or they are not really atheists.
edit on 16-8-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The guy from the American Atheists said this:

"The World Trade Center cross has become a christian icon. It has been blessed by so-called holy men and presented as a reminder that their God, who couldn’t be bothered to stop the terrorists or prevent 3,000 people from being killed in his name, cared only enough to bestow upon us some rubble that resembles a cross,"

And people really wonder why most atheists are considered douches? For people who don't believe in any religion they sure worry about other peoples an awful lot.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

The guy from the American Atheists said this:

"The World Trade Center cross has become a christian icon. It has been blessed by so-called holy men and presented as a reminder that their God, who couldn’t be bothered to stop the terrorists or prevent 3,000 people from being killed in his name, cared only enough to bestow upon us some rubble that resembles a cross,"

And people really wonder why most atheists are considered douches? For people who don't believe in any religion they sure worry about other peoples an awful lot.

And?

What about that statement is not true?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

It just doesn't make sense for atheists to get so bent out of shape over something they don't even believe in.

Michelle Bachmann. Rick Perry. Rick Santorum.

Phil Plait - - Good news: creationists lose in Texas. Bad news: Rick Perry keeps appointing them to Board of Education

It makes all the sense in the world!
edit on 16-8-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

No relevance.

Face is atheists are just as dumb as any religious fellow for believing in something with absolutely no evidence to back it up. What is their thinking again? It will be some kind of utopia without religion? Because all the wars going on now are so holy. It's all a trick to keep people in fighting. Everyone should just accept that they don't know so we can get on with learning.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

No relevance.

Face is atheists are just as dumb as any religious fellow for believing in something with absolutely no evidence to back it up.

AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Atheism simply means "lack of belief in a deity".

It does not mean every Atheist has no belief. It only means they lack belief in a deity.

There are Spiritual Atheists.

GEEZE!!! How many times does one have to post this?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

No relevance.

Face is atheists are just as dumb as any religious fellow for believing in something with absolutely no evidence to back it up.

AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Atheism simply means "lack of belief in a deity".

It does not mean every Atheist has no belief. It only means they lack belief in a deity.

There are Spiritual Atheists.

GEEZE!!! How many times does one have to post this?

Annee can you explain to me what a spiritual atheist is? I don't get it.

I mean one of my friends told me he was an atheist once but then he said something that didn't seem very atheist just more of a "idgaf" attitude. Anyways what is a spiritual atheist?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

i agree with you in regards to what the constitution states, but what you fail to realize is that this symbol is being placed in what will be a governmentally funded site, so if you only allow one symbol to be placed the government would be in violation of the establishment clause because the government would be siding with one religion. I have no problem with the symbol as long as every religion that the victims believed in are represented. fair, equal, constitutional.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by littletheif203

and who said only the cross should be there?

if the gov said they won't pay to place it there, it would be put there in a heartbeat by private donations or some construction company would do it for nothing.

let the rest of the faiths step up.

it's not the christians job to make sure everyone is represented.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
it's not the christians job to make sure everyone is represented.

Why not?

Seems like the Christian thing to do to me.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

do YOUR job atheist, make sure everything is fair and even in this world.

be nice and pay for all the other symbols, yourselves.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749

Annee can you explain to me what a spiritual atheist is? I don't get it.

Only have a couple minutes.

1. I'd say its personal interpretation.
2. Some - who can not accept there is no god - - will find god in whatever the interpretation.

In other words - - if someone says they feel there is an energy force. A god believer will insist that is god.

When I refer to a god - - I am speaking of the classic person/being god of religion. I do not believe there is a single intelligent creator or deity.

Some believe Life itself is the creative energy force. Some will insist this represents god - - some will refute that.

Some believe there are non-physical consciousnesses or multiple dimensions of existence. Some will insist represents god - - some will refute that.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

do YOUR job atheist, make sure everything is fair and even in this world.

be nice and pay for all the other symbols, yourselves.

How very godlike sentiments.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

not really, just keep wasting peoples money with this type of bs.

you people just keep making all kinds of friends. lol!

do something less confrontational, like just put your own claim in with your own money.

and until some atheists end up hanging headless from a bridge, i'll take the FB thing seriously.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

"you people"

Whatever.

It is very important for Atheists to take a legal stand on anything that might infringe in Separation of Church and State.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

No you aren't getting it. What you are describing is an agnostic misidentifying themselves.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

No that is misguided thought. Separation of church and state is there to keep the church from running the government THAT'S IT. It doesn't mean the government has a restraining order against the church.

Be liberal all you want, just don't be unreasonable.
edit on 20-8-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join