It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are NO SOLUTIONS to any of our problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Many ills could be solved if we still had faith and fear of God.

Hear, hear!

Fear can solve all our problems!
Especially fear of a mystical father figure...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nastradamus
You ARE Jesus. That's what they don't want people to understand and realize... that's why they feed us lies.
If you don't have faith and believe in Jesus (yourself), who will?

Why do you need an intermediary to believe in yourself?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
One star six flags yet so many responses. Hmm I like thought of the OP but I would change the title to:
There is no cureall for our problems. It isn't like there is only one solution there are thousands that need to be implemented in order to avoid Global chaos and anarchy.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Zakka

I disagree with what you said about Maxwell Igan. The guy is constantly talking about real solutions. Unless your idea of "real solutions" include passing things off to someone else to fix. Perhaps you need to give him a closer listen. I'm not saying he's right about everything (is anyone?) or that this guy is some savior. He's just able to see things differently than others and is simply reiterating what many people have told us throughout the course of human history.

A paragraph I posted in another thread that goes with the current topic: Be the change you wish to see in the world, treat others how you wish to be treated, work together for there is no other (we're all human and we're all on this earth together, right now, needing the same things to survive), love everyone, even your enemy, for he is the same as you (whether that just be another human or on a deeper level), choose good over evil - and should you choose evil you will be forgiven, but you will have consequences (here on earth or elsewhere), nurture your personal relationships, lend a helping hand, and be a beacon of light in a dark world. Are these not all things, that when put into practice, would make the world a better place?

Might seem a little too simple for some, a little "out of touch with reality" for others... But think about this - what if everyone who lives in your town all got on the same page with an issue, like a small town in the midwest who have all been drinking raw milk their whole lives. They know the dangers of putting (whatever) in milk. One family farm has already been raided by the men in black because they were selling their raw milk. Now the whole town has decided to have their neighbors' backs so to speak... Even if the town has, say, 3000 people, if they are all on the same page and have all decided to take care of each other first, they could physically stop a raid from happening. If just 1/3 of the town showed up at the next farm on the FDA's list - that's 1000 people staring down maybe 50 agents. What are they going to do - shoot 1000 people? Arrest them all? One of they keys is to have the sheriff on the side of the people. The sheriff has jurisdiction and can tell the 50 agents to get lost. The people have now effectively stopped an unconstitutional, illegal raid by the federal government. Not a single shot needs to be fired, and if one is - you can almost guarantee it will be fired by one of the feds, further hindering their "cause".

Now apply this to everything you do and your life will improve. How can anyone say that if they just started treating EVERYBODY they encounter, the way they would like to be treated, that their lives wouldn't be any better? Talking to your neighbors and becoming friends with them may not stop the war in Iraq, but a neighborhood big enough could. Everything in this system is there to divide humanity, to pit us against each other, and to never let us know the connection we have with each other. So the answer to everything is to band together, to unite. It's really so simple it's mind blowing. There is strength in numbers. And with enough numbers, things can change without any violence whatsoever. We just take a stand and say enough.

The sad part about it all is that things will have to get much worse before some people will wake up to realize that we already have the solutions, we don't need anyone else to fix our problems, and we CAN do this. People are people, and even the PTB are people. Even IF they're being controlled by some force that is NOT people, the solution is still to band together as PEOPLE, understand the connection we have to each other, and then perhaps we can reclaim our Earth. And if there really is some intergalactic war going on, and we are doomed as a species, well.... then banding together as humanity would surely give us a better chance, and if not, then at least things would be a little more pleasant before we're all wiped out. And at least we won't be wiping ourselves out.

The solution to each and every problem we face is to understand that we manifest our own reality. If we believe, collectively, that we are doomed... then we are. If we start to believe, collectively, that we can make this world a better place to live... then we can. I don't believe that somehow we can magically wish the world a better place, we need to take action. But that action is NOT to fight the system. We have to turn away from it, start a new system that puts people first. If we would all just start looking out for everyone like we would look out for our own friends and family, it would catch on pretty quickly. If we could all just start focusing on our similarities, instead of our differences, we would learn that we have a lot in common. Most importantly, we all need clean water, healthy food, and clean air. Once we can get the whole food/air/water thing figured out, if we still find the need to fight with each other, we can go back to it. But let's at least make it so every human at least has the bare necessities first, we can at least do that.... Can't we?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
reply to post by mileysubet

He asked for a solution. That's the only solution.

I'm thinking for myself.

Are you?

Quoting some bible text is NOT thinking for yourself.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Well this is my First Reply. I hope the trolls will be kind.

I have the Solution by this story, If you like the story please pass it on to others.

There is a story told of heaven and hell being exactly alike.

There are large banquet tables set with every kind of food and desert imaginable. Everyone has a fork in their hand that can’t be removed or repositioned. The Fork is so long you can’t put it in your mouth.

The scene in hell; everyone is stabbing food and trying to somehow feed themselves with this great food stuck on the end of a very long fork.

The scene in heaven; everyone is using their fork to get food for the person across the table from them. They can use their fork to feed others but not themselves.

In heaven everyone gets fed. In hell no matter how hard they try no one gets fed

So in reality we are in heaven and hell right now. We can make Heaven on Earth or Hell. THe choice is yours!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ModerndayApplesee

Good analogy.

Star & welcome to ATS

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by saabacura

I have also studied various Taoist writings, including several translations of the Tao Te Ching. My interpretation of the passage you quoted was not that the world could not be improved - but that it cannot be forced into submission. The improvement comes when we work within natural law - basically the belief that true power is the antithesis of force. Something that our world certainly hasn't collectively figured out yet.

edit on 8/10/2011 by Open2Truth because: correction

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

soooo... tired. Please try not to be a tool, try to think for your self.

A wonderful well thought out reply. when have the words of Jesus inspired hate and violence? I have never read those words?Teaching Love, Peace,Tolerance? You make yourself out to be a tool with your own words.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
The problem is most people think this existence is real...it should be plain that it isn't.

Firstly, religion is often used wrong. Religion itself isn't wrong, but how people interpret it is. The purpose of religion is to help some people focus and remember that this existence we're experiencing isn't real. A side effect of being born here is that we forget where our true homes are.

So most religions aim to help people abstain from carnal pleasures which entrap our minds and make us LOVE this world.

Sin is the love of anything other than another spirit. Sin isn't just smoking or drinking or having sex...some people love eating burgers and will miss this world because of food. Some people love gambling, some people love watching television, some people love communicating on the internet. If the bible was written in this day and age I can almost guarantee there would be a entry requesting we abstain from too much internet!

When everyone in the world realize that we have no problems...well this world would probably be no more good for us firstly. Every negative thing we feel, pain, hunger, etc., are born in and part of this world. We however are not. We're merely visiting here for the experience.

It's fine to participate in this world of wonders, but REMEMBER that this is just a visit, just a ride. This is where our problems arise in this world. There are those being affected by negative energy who seek to reside on this plane of existence forever. They've either forgotten everything or are totally enveloped by the negative energy we might call the Devil or demons.

Those people who love power and hurting people, love this world. In our natural realities, there isn't any pain or control, we're truly free. We have rich powerful people this moment investing in research to find eternal life on this planet LOL. They actually want to stay on the ride forever....LOL....they've forgot that we're just on a trip to the amusement park.

I fully agree with you, this reality is holographic in nature. Einstein knew this, countless others too.
Until one fully realizes the emptiness of this reality, he or she will remain trapped in body consciousness. Understanding that everything is inherently empty allows us to see that it is unlimited consciousness which has true substance, not the material plane.

The reason for our outer experience here is to remember one simple truth. The Kingdom of God lies within us and we are one. There is no separation, it is an illusion. This means that there is no duality, no good or bad. Duality serves us because it is part of the divine plan. It gives us a choice, separation or oneness.

There doesn't need to be a solution because there was never a problem to begin with. The "problem" is that we forget. We forget that everything is perfect in itself, simply because it is itself. So we wear masks and hide behind layers, not remembering that our personalities are merely imprints and are not who we truly are.

Answer lies within, this is the only way. No external solution exists because we cannot force the exterior world to submit to our internal reality. By going within and experiencing our true selves through objective realization we can achieve gnosis. This is the only way. All else leads to death.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cwilson
reply to post by Zakka

A paragraph I posted in another thread that goes with the current topic: Be the change you wish to see in the world, treat others how you wish to be treated, work together for there is no other (we're all human and we're all on this earth together, right now, needing the same things to survive), love everyone, even your enemy, for he is the same as you (whether that just be another human or on a deeper level),

I wanna try and spin this idea into a new lens of light (perspective)

Try and see the world as a mirror. Reach for the hand reaching out. Reach up when you need help. Bend down to pick garbage up. LIFT UP the bottom line of your communities... and get those to mirror you. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 friends... acting as ONE.

When people see others doing good, they FEEL good. And the more people doing good, the more overwhelming the feeling. So they'll want to follow (mirror) you... see how it spreads? And if everyone is mirroring each other, we should, as a whole species, ALL be doing the exact same thing. Building the bottom line, and pushing the limits of the "sky".

The ego is nothing more but a projection.
We are the vessel... but sometimes messages come into us without or consent (knowledge)... subliminal messaging much???... and we project certain behaviours, images, attitudes that aren't even ours.

It's time we take back control of our own perceptions (ambitions) and make them realities... because straight up we all got the wool pulled over our eyes, swindled, tricked into believing materialism when there's LITERALLY worlds of possibilities beyond our wildest imaginations possible... but we've been dumbed down. God damn...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl
This is exactly why when I was asked, by someone up there, if I was afraid of being judged I say "No way", because I'd only be judging myself.... which I do on a daily basis anyway

You say you're "almost" fully awakened? What's holding you up?

Because I've had moments where I've lost myself in the thought because I've followed possibilities, variables, and scenarios so far that I've broken down every pillar (veil) of (over) "society"... when you follow the "loose threads", everything seems to unravel. You see how things have been in the works for decades... centuries... millenia even... and that maybe this is just a play? a game? a social experiment?... a big game of Risk? Ha!

gives new light (perspective) to the "spacetime fabric" theory/term eh? lol

Think about it. The USA... and the rest of the world is about to implode economically. But that's only because of the way corperations were allowed to act... according to new "laws" which were implimented due to the economic criss of 2008. Every law has a precurser. If you take a look at the US, you'll see how certain laws were created recently and how that was only possible by another law, which was drafted and enacted years if not decades ago. The wording of the law is very deceptive. "Diplotalk" they call it... that's "their" language. People don't understand every single angle of the situation yet... but soon more and more people will only see "their" angle. I say their because people only grow concerned, or are even aware, of things that effect them directly. That mentality of "If it doesn't effect me, it's not my problem". THAT, is the problem. That's where seeing the world as a mirror comes in handy. Because at the end of the day, it IS your problem... because He is me as I am H.I.M. (double entendre don't even ask me how)... back to my point though.

These people aren't stupid. They didn't end up with boat loads of "wealth" through hard work... these people haven't lifted a finger in generations. They maintain their status quo through control of government, school, media, religion, and all the subsidiaries of the pillars of "society" and making you, me, our parents, our forefathers, and our future generations buy into the bullsht, literally. They force us to buy (believe) into it... a forceful tactic is taxation and manipulation of "wages".

If we stopped using "their" system... they would be screwed. They couldn't run the world themselves to maintain their personal Disney Lands on their private islands.

That's why... all these riots don't make sense. Because no matter what, the government is going to still borrow/print more money no matter what. The conditions are going to get worse... but laws will be 10x worse due to riots from before (now)... and the people won't be able to say sht without having to stare down a barrel of the "Law".
It's all well calculated... declining jobs... rising poverty... riots to trigger stricter laws... push the economy further down to make conditions worse... and you're going through all this ALL THE WHILE getting more and more debt passed on to YOU! All these bailouts are coming out of taxpayers pockets... you (we) are literally being sold out... a slavery to DEBT.

This is something like the Holocaust/
Millions of our people lost/

If you survive the next few years... you'll sure have a lot of debt to cover (new taxes)... welcome to sophisticated slavery... SS... $$... and you literally consented to it and walked right into the trap (slaughter house) on your own free will.

I'm still searching... because I keep reading more and more... and things such as the excerpt below really strike me deep levels and awaken me further... leading me to just further questions. Trying to feel "oneness" is hard, since we are ALL one... so to feel as one, you have to feel for all. (Empathy)

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Some excerpts from Tao Te Ching:

To give birth, to nourish,
To bring forth without taking possession, 
To produce without appropriation,
To create without controlling-
That is the hidden virtue.

There is no greater curse than the lack of contentment.
Nothing is worse than the desire to possess.
Therefore contentment with contentment will be contentment.

He who is aware of the Male,
But keeps to the Female,
Becomes the river of the world.
Being the river of the world,
He has strength that is not cut to pieces.
He is in touch with the origin of things
How did the great rivers and oceans become the lords of the waters?
By being good at lying low.
That's how they became the lords of the waters.
In order to be chief among the people,
One must be in touch with ordinary folks.
In order to be foremost among the people,
One must walk behind them.
Those who want to take the world and shape it
Will not succeed.
The world is a sacred vessel;
It cannot be tampered with.
To shape it is to destroy it.
To seize it is to lose it.

Knowing the eternal law results in tolerance;
Whoever knows it is impartial.
To be impartial makes you a citizen of the world.
In being universal in this sense one is in harmony with nature.
Once in harmony with nature one is in accord with Tao,
And being in accord with Tao is to be eternal:
No harm will then threaten your life.

I don't know what I want to do. Do I want to stay here on this endless cycle??? or exist on another plane/dimension/vibration/level... etc?

I want to be the river between the female/male "energies".
I want to be the bridge over the gap.
I want to exist on ALL levels, worlds, and realities and be aware and conscious of it simultaneously.
Why do I have to pass through? Why can't I be through?

That's why, if we can all be bridges, we can pull the bottom line of our "society" up and make our enviornment "out of this world"... in every sense of the word
edit on 10-8-2011 by Nastradamus because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2011 by Nastradamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Nastradamus

Thanks. Great answer and I agree with you 100%

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Hell exists though. Eventually the world will come to know this, one way or another.

And now we see why Religion is called the opiate of the masses. I am afraid you will just be coming around again. Lack of investigation into religious/spiritual matters will only serve to make that inevitable.

Jesus never taught that - can you find me the scripture quote? Bet it won't come from the OT, and doubt any from the NT will be attributable to Jesus.

Considering anything, especially a belief system, without knowing the history surrounding it or by only studying one side of an issue will always provide flawed results, and decisions which resemble superstition.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Ittabena because: new paragraph

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Faith in God is thinking for yourself.

No it is not, it is blind obedience.

It takes faith to believe in something you cannot see.

You are right, on this account, but if you merely accept the faith that your parents handed you, you have not made a conscious decision, nor have you put any effort into making that decision. Effort must be a key ingredient of any search, or no search has occurred.

Faith in a lie or corruption of something intended to be good can not be desirable. Can it?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Jesus never taught that - can you find me the scripture quote? Bet it won't come from the OT, and doubt any from the NT will be attributable to Jesus.
reply to post by Ittabena

I hate to be the one to tell you but ......Jesus did speak of hell. I have also read many accounts of people dying only to come back (people from all religions or none) to tell a story of being lifted out of Hell.... By Jesus!

They all tell a similar account. They account for the smell, the fire, the feeling of dread, beasts, darkness, and so on....of course until they call on ...Jesus....the MAN! The Savior!

He spoke about it in Mark 9:43-48

"And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into HELL, INTO THE FIRE THAT NEVER SHALL BE QUENCHED: WHERE THE WORM DIETH NOT, AND THE FIRE IS NOT GUENCHED. And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be CAST INTO HELL, INTO THE FIRE THAT NEVER SHALL BE QUENCHED: WHERE THE WORM DIETH NOT, AND THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be CAST INTO HELL FIRE: WHERE THEIR WORM DIETH NOT, AND THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED."

1 Peter 3:19 Jesus preached to the spirits in "prison".

Tartarus is also a greek word meaning Abyss. Jesus spoke of the Abyss as well.

Hades is a real place here on Earth and is the Greek word for Hell and some believe Jesus also spoke of Gehenna (trash dump and a place for sacrifices) .....which is also right here on Earth.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

People are trying to get rid of hell because who in their right mind likes hell? But hell exists whether we like it or not.

Actually hell exists for two reasons. Because the Catholics said it did, officially. And because it was repeated to us over and over and over.

I think is was Goering who was credited with saying that people will believe anything if it is repeated often enough. Therefore without proof, we must question. We can't consider the Bible because that was constructed, edited and and supplied by a group who has shown themselves to be barbaric sadistic murderers and eugenicists at every turn of history, namely the Catholics.

Who do we look to then for proof? Would the Jews be the next ones? They did not have a hell. No one had it till the corrupt and power hungry Catholics received the stamp of official approval from the Pagan Roman Emperor at the Council of Nicaea. Where was it before then, under construction? Closed for repairs? Maybe God opened a new one because he knew we Christian were going to kill so many in his name?

You can believe the Catholic Propaganda, but I cannot.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

You mean you're not afraid of the judgement of fire?

Not a bit, and you should not be either. You have been alive many times and will be alive many more. Have you learned enough lessons to make you worthy to return to the One which you are part of and say; "I have learned it."

Or are you ready to meet an old man in the sky and say that you punched your time card on Sunday enough to expect to be let in. Seems a silly idea to me.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

The authors of the Bible committed mass murder, persecutions and Mortal Sins in the name of consolidating worldly monopolistic control of the populace of the planet. The book was adjusted and rewritten and edited to fit Jesus into what they wanted. A quick look at the Albigensian Crusade will turn your stomach if nothing else will. And that is only one example of the persecution the Catholics committed for centuries and centuries.

Of course they presented it as heresies ( Don't look at that, you'll burn in hell!!! ) But even if it were true - which St. Bernard reported to Pope Innocent III that it was not - how can the rubber stamp of heresy justify a religious organization committing massacre? How, even with a thousand years to do so, can you ever reconcile that in your mind?

Are we supposed to believe, as some say, that the Holy Spirit descended on such to produce a book upon which so many base their lives?

Something to think about as the US puts the terrorist stamp wherever they can as well. Such a Christian nation! That's okay though, we were never intended to be that anyway.

Here is something to consider. Here are the keys.

All this information has been hidden from you. I think this is much closer to what Jesus intended before the Catholics tied his memory and teachings up in a lot of clap trap and mumbo-jumbo.

It is my studied opinion that Jesus did teach reincarnation and karma after he returned from studying and teaching in the East. There is a record of an Esau - his real name then - studying and teaching in India as he made his effort and personal search. Why should we not do as he did? And not as they said?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

It is my studied opinion that Jesus did teach reincarnation and karma after he returned from studying and teaching in the East. There is a record of an Esau - his real name then - studying and teaching in India as he made his effort and personal search. Why should we not do as he did? And not as they said?
reply to post by Ittabena

This too is my view as well. I actually think Jesus referred to himself as Abraham as well. I believe it is in Matthew but I honestly cannot remember.

The first movie is a real eye opener. Only after joining ATS did I find out any Truth about our Evil Government. It creeped me out BIG TIME on a few occasions but I am never the less glad my eyes were open. I see more pieces of the puzzle now coming together in regards to what I think I know based on my spirituality.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join