It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are NO SOLUTIONS to any of our problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
No solutions would mean that entropy would rule our lives(2nd rule of thermodynamics).

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
No solutions would mean that entropy would rule our lives(2nd rule of thermodynamics).

Nice...thermodynamics quote.....

Hoe does this apply to this OP?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by silent thunder
Family is the only thing that matters in the end. Everything else on this planet is $&@#.

Love your family and help them to survive in the coming nightmare. That should provide purpose and hope enough for anyone sane.

Are we not family?

No, no you arent. (As much as I love your avatar).

There is a real difference between "family" and "not family." Of course you can try to hide this difference with all sorts of semantics, but in the end, below the words, is something warm and red and beating. Its a heart. And its all that matters.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by saabacura

Quote by Bill Hicks, Comedian and Social Critic

“The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question: "Is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride." And we kill those people.”

He went on to say;

“It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one.”

I know we are supposed to state our opinion and all that, but in this case I think it says it all. I found it on the end of the film Esoteric Agenda.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nastradamus
Sit down and chill.

That's the solution.

No need for revolution.

edit on 10-8-2011 by Nastradamus because: (no reason given)

Revolution is an action. How does "Sit down and chill" help?

This is an honest question, as I do not understand how in-action will cause a re-action in this situation.
edit on 10-8-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

If revolution is an action, there must be a scene for the action(s) to occur.

Think deeper... or free-er? if that makes sense. Your "opinion" and "thoughts" aren't original because you're constantly being stimulated by simulated life (media, politics, religion, education, economics) and it's keeping you distracted... actually your mind is like an etch-a-sketch. And thoughts are being seeded or "implanted"... etched into your subconscious.

You literally have the power to shake it all off.

These unstable conditions ARE deliberate... and the consequences have already been calculated and accounted for.
Life is a movie/ game/ simulation/ social experiment... in every sense of the word.

That's why, don't play into all the bs and propaganda... just sit down and the play stops. period.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Yeah but you are one of those guys with a bunch of ex-wives and mistresses and multiple GFs, aren't you? I seem to recall this coming out somewhere or other in one of these threads. If I'm not mistaken. My apologies if so.

I agree with your general sentiment, but I'd like to see how you reconcile this...if you can.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Family is the only thing that matters in the end. Everything else on this planet is $&@#.

Love your family and help them to survive in the coming nightmare. That should provide purpose and hope enough for anyone sane.

Are we not family?

No, no you arent. (As much as I love your avatar).

There is a real difference between "family" and "not family." Of course you can try to hide this difference with all sorts of semantics, but in the end, below the words, is something warm and red and beating. Its a heart. And its all that matters.

Then I will need to kill you or you will need to kill me.

That does not sound right to me. I do not want to kill you, but according to the previous post that is what is required to survive...

I have an unusual idea. Can we just agree to disagree and still get along?

Do we need to hide our true selves to get along? I think not.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

i get the part of whether if this is just a 'ride' or fake....

but i don't get the other part.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
reply to post by silent thunder

Yeah but you are one of those guys with a bunch of ex-wives and mistresses and multiple GFs, aren't you? I seem to recall this coming out somewhere or other in one of these threads. If I'm not mistaken. My apologies if so.

I agree with your general sentiment, but I'd like to see how you reconcile this...if you can.

He owes nothing to you. Why would he need to reconcile?

You hold no sway over those who believe differently than you here.

You are not a god.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

We learn through our mistakes. Or we should try. I've got plenty of study material, true.

My kids are my kids and they know they can trust me. Thats the nub of the matter right there.

And yes, I've had a chaotic time with women but it hasn't been all bad or even mostly bad...for me or for them.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Sit down and chill.

That's the solution.

No need for revolution.

Revolution is an action. How does "Sit down and chill" help?

This is an honest question, as I do not understand how in-action will cause a re-action in this situation.
edit on 10-8-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

If revolution is an action, there must be a scene for the action(s) to occur.

Think deeper... or free-er? if that makes sense. Your "opinion" and "thoughts" aren't original because you're constantly being stimulated by simulated life (media, politics, religion, education, economics) and it's keeping you distracted... actually your mind is like an etch-a-sketch. And thoughts are being seeded or "implanted"... etched into your subconscious.

You literally have the power to shake it all off.

These unstable conditions ARE deliberate... and the consequences have already been calculated and accounted for.
Life is a movie/ game/ simulation/ social experiment... in every sense of the word.

That's why, don't play into all the bs and propaganda... just sit down and the play stops. period.

what i was trying to point out was that, revolution/no revolution. inaction/action non of it matters as there are no human means of solving our ideas of perfection.
Bigger point I was trying to say was that our minds are stuck in a body/reality that are limiting us.....
thinking.....We do not and should not belong here.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

For God so loved the world that he gave his only son that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

Accept Christ as your savior. Say the sinner's prayer:

"Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen."

I am afraid you are trading one of their system of lies for another, and looking for the latter to save you from the former. On top of that you are asking others to trust that believing as you do will be enough.

You are also taking what should be a journey of personal discovery and making it an impersonal leap of faith. You should be ashamed of yourself, that's not a very nice thing to do you know.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

If we were not able to solve anything then chaos would rule.

We could not plan for the future.

We could not have goals.

If it were not possible to solve any problems, then maths could not exist.

We could not have any form of order as implementing anything would mean having a solution to a problem and therefore by definition (of the OP), be destined to fail.

To Add.....

I wonder if any of you managed to watch the Tim Minchin video all the way through or just classified it as tripe and stopped watching.

edit on 10/8/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

If we were not able to solve anything then chaos would rule.

We could not plan for the future.

We could not have goals.

If it were not possible to solve any problems, then maths could not exist.

We could not have any form of order as implementing anything would mean having a solution to a problem and therefore by definition (of the OP), be destined to fail.

To Add.....

I wonder if any of you managed to watch the Tim Minchin video all the way through or just classified it as tripe and stopped watching.

edit on 10/8/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

OccamAssain,

i will watch that youtube video called Storm. it apparently has 800K views so it must be interesting. righto now too drunk to be watching.... especially with the british accent

but someone else has said that it was about thermodyanmics...

all i know from physics class is that the universe is increasing in entropy. it is because most reactions in real world are irreversible....... so we only increase entropy over time... something like that.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by saabacura

i get the part of whether if this is just a 'ride' or fake....

but i don't get the other part.

Did you get to see the thread on the Indigo Children last week? People have been saying that it is time for a paradigm shift, that one is coming soon. Some say the Mayan calender didn't mean extinction so much as a shift to a higher reality, and that this is the final struggle between good and evil. The vibration of the planet is supposedly increasing in rate, and since perceptions are vibrations...

Hyothetically

The talk of Nibiru, underground bunkers, FEMA camps, Denver International Airport, terrorism
, economic crisis, chemtrails, Patriot Act, voter fraud and stolen elections and so many more cause fear which lowers our vibration rate. Is it possible that is their true purpose? To prevent this rising vibration level from having the effect it is intended to have?

Is the battle actually the attempt to prevent enough people from waking up in a spirit/metaphysical way? To prevent a shift from reaching critical mass so to speak? One of the methods of conquering an enemy is to keep him divided into groups or factions, and then to make those groups battle one another. What do we see here all the time? Contention and anger over viewpoints, not always but quite often. Religions, beliefs both still bring up such anger whenever they are discussed and yet most of us live now in a place where we are supposed to be free to have our own beliefs. Sporting events we all have our own teams; 1 of 2, we have a two party political system to keep us divided. Do you see a pattern?

I don't know, haven't researched, just heard the theory/seen the movie.

Just sayin'...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl

He asked for a solution. That's the only solution.

I'm thinking for myself.

Are you?

For too long. I have thought for you as well, for many years. Yet you have blinded your self to be the tool of the masses.

And what, mileysubet, pray tell do, are you?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

the secrets of the federal reserve.

On a physical level, yes that would be the best starting place for all of us, Then the income tax they collect could be abolished and we would all have a big fat raise in income. A little antitrust enforcement would be nice again too.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
all of the world's problems will be solved with the realisation that there are no problems.

edit on 10/8/11 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Seems to me kill or be killed situations are pretty rare for most people. Of course they do happen sometimes, but the problem, for the most part, is living with each other on a daily-life basis. Actually, amazingly, we seem to be pretty good at it under all sorts of conditions. The fact that people can live with each other in large cities to begin with is a kind of miracle.

To generalize broadly, I have come to a more equitable relationship with the world largely by removing myself from it in multiple ways.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mzungu
all of the world's problems will be solved with the realisation that there are no problems.

edit on 10/8/11 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

This!

Second.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join