It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are NO SOLUTIONS to any of our problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
In solving problems here are a few tips:
- Visualise and define what you want
- Break down bigger problems into smaller ones
- Don't give up and keep trying new ideas
- Research and learn about the situation, the clearer you understand it the clearer the solutions are.

The whole world is in this mess so you are not alone. Problems and people have gone hand in hand for a long time so we do not need to solve all of them. The biggest issue I see is the rise of corruption and lack of honesty and integrity in the world. Getting 9/11 reinvestigated will send a cultural wave throughout the corporate and government world to straighten up or get out.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

That was a great post, thanks.

Another thing I'd like to add...people should think more in terms of "good enough" rather than "best possible" when making a lot of choices in life. You can go into a store and be overwhelmed by 160 brands of whatever, but you don't have to stand there going through all of them...you just need to find one good enough for your purposes.

Rather than a strict hierarchy, most of life's choices break down into broad bands: some options will be terrible, others will be merely bad, others will be acceptable, and a few will be good. So you know to focus on the good choices, and within that range, it may not actually matter all that much which one of the good options you choose. Knowing this saves time and boatloads of the stress that comes from eccessive agonizing.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
For God so loved the world that he gave his only son that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

Accept Christ as your savior. Say the sinner's prayer:

"Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen."

how many 10's of thousands have accepted him in the last 2 thousand years? and the world is no better, probably worse. there is a season for everything under the sun, so evil has its time as well as good. who else but the creator is responsible for this?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
You need faith in and fear of God:

Then you can be content with what you have.

Be holy.

Not commit sin due to fear.

Work to become virtuous.

Be generous.

Many ills could be solved if we still had faith and fear of God.

Now before you bring up the crusades, understand that people did not know their holy scriptures. Now anyone almost anywhere can read them

edit on 10-8-2011 by orangutang because: oops, pressed the wrong button

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Be holy.

Work to become virtuous.

Be generous.

Now before you bring up the crusades, understand that people did not know their holy scriptures. Now anyone almost anywhere can read them

faith in the concept of god i could accept. but fear god? no way, that is ridiculous and counter productive. its also medically unwise as your adrenals would be working overtime. its without wisdom as its best to lead a moral life due to the indivisability of the universe. all is one. so you dont sin against anyone.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by orangutang

I think lack of fear of God's wrath and justice makes modern people too lax and will lead many to hell.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
OP

Its easy to get complacent, but putting the Power to change or the solutions outside of ourselves, in JC or government or others is the con, the biggest trick, the devils bargain etc.

There is simple solutions BE THE CHANGE yourself!

it grows, and also your experience of life changes, surely what we want, and it depends and rests solely within YOU not some external agent, event, or Deity.

Heres one solution:

Solution Found to Economic Collapse and Rioting

Simple as,

Also we can have help of others, but only by letting them show us the Map to make the change inside ourselves, the power is within please look at the following this guy a friend of mind changed his entire life, he was shy broke, lost unconfident etc etc and now Rich, Famous, Loving, Whole and helping many mnay others get there easily and for Free

Dont let "them" or others let you think you are powerless we all are awesome and the only way is to be the change yourself:

Worlds Leading Expert FREE "the true Secret" teachings Free Hypnois Free Coaching.

Njoy, dont loose faith in your wonderful power and ability.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I think lack of fear of God's wrath and justice makes modern people too lax and will lead many to hell.

Point of Fact; Hell did not exist as a destination for evil people before the Christians appeared on the scene. They also gave us Purgatory, but have since closed that theme park.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I think the military powers could solve it if they stopped fighting eachother and used that war money to help everyone in need. I mean who really wants to die and stop living a good life? It has to happen on all sides. right?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ittabena
reply to post by 547000

Point of Fact; Hell did not exist as a destination for evil people before the Christians appeared on the scene. They also gave us Purgatory, but have since closed that theme park.

Hell exists though. Eventually the world will come to know this, one way or another.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I believe in God (my) God, no fear at all.

And because of my belief, I believe that everything happening is going down according to plan.

So just relax, worry only about yourself and your family, do the right things for the right reasons
and enjoy the ride

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Oh my 'god'!

Are you serious? Just pray for jesus and you will overcome poverty, hardship and death......?

I start getting worried when religious people tell me the only way to overcome future hardships is to have faith in God, the same god that got us here in the first place......LUDICROUS!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Be holy.

Work to become virtuous.

Be generous.

Why should I fear god? Isn't he benevolent? Why should I fear ANYTHING? I really hate the things you try to put on people. I don't need saving and neither does anyone, you guys are the ones who need saving, stop putting your fear of LIFE on everyone else, it's preachy........

And for the record I am a free thinking, free drinking, free smoking and free loving individual, and nothing I do is a sin as I commit to LOVE, not FEAR. You guys love fear and project it onto others.....shame on you
edit on 10-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Oh the answers are out there and are very easy, it all depends on the will of the people to implement those answers and I doubt there are many who would.

The answers are out there, do people want to know the answer? Probably not.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Taoism is one of my favorite systems for living, offering a perspective of balance that is similar to the Native Americans view on things, and incorporates many big questions about this ole life, and how to live in harmony.
Lao Tzu ultimately renounced civilization and headed for the woods ultimately though, and sometimes I share that notion, but these days, one can't really escape the reaches of the soured aspects of humanity. I have just consolidated my efforts towards family, friends and community, and feel that is all I can handle.
Some excerpts from Tao Te Ching:

To give birth, to nourish,
To bring forth without taking possession, 
To produce without appropriation,
To create without controlling-
That is the hidden virtue.

There is no greater curse than the lack of contentment.
Nothing is worse than the desire to possess.
Therefore contentment with contentment will be contentment.

He who is aware of the Male,
But keeps to the Female,
Becomes the river of the world.
Being the river of the world,
He has strength that is not cut to pieces.
He is in touch with the origin of things
How did the great rivers and oceans become the lords of the waters?
By being good at lying low.
That's how they became the lords of the waters.
In order to be chief among the people,
One must be in touch with ordinary folks.
In order to be foremost among the people,
One must walk behind them.
Those who want to take the world and shape it
Will not succeed.
The world is a sacred vessel;
It cannot be tampered with.
To shape it is to destroy it.
To seize it is to lose it.

Knowing the eternal law results in tolerance;
Whoever knows it is impartial.
To be impartial makes you a citizen of the world.
In being universal in this sense one is in harmony with nature.
Once in harmony with nature one is in accord with Tao,
And being in accord with Tao is to be eternal:
No harm will then threaten your life.

faculty.frostburg.edu...

Peace,
spec
edit on 10-8-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by Partygirl

Oh my 'god'!

Are you serious? Just pray for jesus and you will overcome poverty, hardship and death......?

I start getting worried when religious people tell me the only way to overcome future hardships is to have faith in God, the same god that got us here in the first place......LUDICROUS!

It's easy to get defensive against unbearable ideas. Is there a reason why you feel you have to protect yourself from this perceived threat? It's just a question, nothing meant by it.

It just happens too many times that the original communication is impaired by defensive behavior preventing constructive dialogue and better understanding.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

If you have no fear of God or His justice, you very likely will break His commandments.

In keeping together both testaments you cannot only present God as a giant care bear.

If you aren't afraid of His wrath or hell you do not quite understand the religion or what exactly you are being saved from.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Just quickly, but isn't the old testament the only one worthy any salt? the other one has been rewritten by egotistical people who like to change historic texts. I'm all down with religion and the nice aspects of it, just not cool with seeking it in times where we should be pragmatic, instead of looking to an outdated irrelevant and also manipulated religious text, the answers arent actually in there in my opinion, we need to look inward instead of outward.

Thanks for the response friend.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

reply to post by sir_slide

If you have no fear of God or His justice, you very likely will break His commandments.

In keeping together both testaments you cannot only present God as a giant care bear.

If you aren't afraid of His wrath or hell you do not quite understand the religion or what exactly you are being saved from.

When they say "fear and trembling" they don't mean fear like the human perception of fear. It just indicates a deep respect for God and a solid measure of concern for uncertainties about what is required of us along a spiritual path. Trials and life generally become more difficult, not easier. No one knows what we can really expect and I for one accept the possibility of the impossible. Like our friend up there... I live my life on my own terms too, but that doesn't mean I don't keep a check on my perimeter. There's a plan for everything and everything is going according to plan, what's so scary about that?

Oh and didn't they get rid of hell?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

You mean you're not afraid of the judgement of fire? I read that both the good and the bad will suffer terrible tribulation in the end of days.

People are trying to get rid of hell because who in their right mind likes hell? But hell exists whether we like it or not.
edit on 10-8-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join