It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What punishment is sufficient for the ones acting in the riots in the UK?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
April 5, 1968, Chicago Mayor Richard Daley issued orders to "Shoot to Kill" arsonists and "Shoot to maim" looters. It may not have been right but it worked.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SalientSkivvy

rioters sir
rioters str
nearly
jumped in to quick

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by philware

I agree to a certain level

terrorist attack people that are not acting according to their beliefs or social structure. If someone wants to "free" a nation, they attack people that are not acting according to their beliefs or social structure. If you attack people who are just trying to make a living.. anywhere in the world, you are wrong in my eyes. I will not enforce my beliefs as I will not comply to others. I accept the difference, until they attack me.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

Complete change over on how everything is done, and the way we live.
Sounds insane and impossible, but the path we're on is a destructive and suicidal one, and thigns are only going to get worse from here on until we do so.

We need to get rid of these "bankers" that are robbing us blind and keeping us down buried in debt, that is created out of made up "money", we need to get rid of these politicians who are selling us and our enviorment out.
We need to stop relaying on other people and take account for our own actions.
We need to break this pyramid of power and wealth, and create a society where everything and everyone is equal and as one.

Return back to being one with nature, being the caretakers of the earth, not annihilating it.
Once we found the balance that is mother nature, and flow back into it, I am more then certain things like "depression" "anxiety" and every other negative "disorder" will disappear. Gaining true freedom.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
i havnt read the comments yet.
but did you know:

most adults will be processed through a magistrates court...the maximum they can do is 6 months.

now the problm starts when your addressing the younger "offender"....

they can be given upto 2 years in a young offenders institute.

to add, an 11 yr old boy has been done for literally stealing rubbish (waist paper bin).....its ridiculous....deal with the adults, make a "note" of the children.

peace

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I couldn't agree more

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

A corrupt system led to these actions, and # happens when its bad. If oppression wasn't so in your face, you wouldn't worry about riots at all. Sometimes people feel that the only way to be heard is through drastic actions. The minute you start siding with the oppressor they win and you justify their rule. You can punish people for isolated incidents of apparent wrongs, but when a whole society is doing it, you can't, and something bigger is the problem.

You can't be serious? Those idiots who are burning cars and shops, smashing up other people's property, looting, stealing, and harming other members of society are CRIMINALS. There is no reasonable excuse for their behaviour. It's just mindless violence.

As for a punishment, well......maybe we should be locking up their parents. After all, they are the ones responsible for teaching these idiots the difference between right and wrong. Look what a great job they've done

edit on 10-8-2011 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I AM respecting the rights of humans at all times, by NOT taking or destroying what is not

mine. By NOT hurting other individuals (I believe there are people who have been hurt and

killed in these riots)

I think the tyranny and violence perpetrated by young mindless thugs is ALREADY HERE

or hadn't you noticed.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The most logical solution would be to cut off their welfare checks.
..but that ain't going to happen.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
The most logical solution would be to cut off their welfare checks.
..but that ain't going to happen.

you reflect the rest of the "out of touch"..."well to do"...morons who are running this country into the ground.

watch the best yet:

take away there welfare checks....then they`ll take your food....that "cheque" keeps them away from your door.

EVERY BLACK MAN IN THE UK KNOWS SOMEONE:

1) MURDERED ON THE STREETS
2) KILLED BY THE POLICE

WHITE PEOPLE DONT KNOW ANYONE THATS BEEN KILLED BY THE POLICE

peace
edit on 10-8-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You realize we already know how to do everything needed to create a free society, right? This, "We need to stop relaying on other people and take account for our own actions.", wont work though. We must rely on one another to create a free society.

The first step is STOP. Stop rioting, stop producing, stop consuming, stop everything - except creating and providing basic necessities. If we can all agree to stop, it will take the power from TPTB and give it to everyone. Once we transfer power to everyone, we can begin to create a free society where people can have any materialistic item they want and everyone can live happily ever after.

P.S. We will still need robot cops to police us.

P.S.S. You think anyone will play along?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
quite simple:
life ban on claiming benifits and housing assistance for either the benifit claimant and his/her family. instant eviction from council houses and flats. slthough initally crime would go up, but within time these ferile state parasites will except and learn there wrongs, that life is what you make of it.

in court charged and sentenced with high treason.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diyainoue
I understand that the damages need to be paid by, again, civilians. Maybe in taxes or a raise in insurance, you get what I mean. I don't like it, but ok, I will support my fellow civilians. I would appreciate it If they will support me if I would be a victim.

What ever happened to personal responsibility? If someone is going to break or steal from someone, the criminal in question should be held responsible. Why would the owner's insurance or the public have to pay taxes for these fools?

Deadman's Advocate
Public execution for rioters regardless about level of crime.

edit on 8/10/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Diyainoue

Hang them. This is a perfect situation where the law abiding people have had their guns taken from than and they are let with no protection. I bet if every shop owner had a shot gun no one would be breaking in and taking their stuff.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

What ever happened to personal responsibility ?

Went down the plughole along with self control and respect !

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Stealing stuff is one thing; but arson?

Anyone who would start a random fire in an urban area really needs some "attention".

That is insane.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Diyainoue

So if I have a problem with todays structure, and believe me I have, I may slap you? Or should I attack the structure?

Let me share with you a perverted yet not altogether untrue picture for the future.

* People here in Britain like X Factor, Britains' Got Talent, various other shows on which they can somehow interact with the end result and sway public opinion. They like their vote to count.
* People like to feel they have control.
*People are easily manipulated. It doesn't take a great deal to sway public opinion (just look at the media as a great tool for this argument).
*People like/want entertainment.
So...recently the House of Commons were threatened with the possibility of having to discuss reintroducing the Death Penalty if enough of the electorate/masses wrote/e-mailed the government to discuss it in Parliament.
So....Britain is in a HUGE financial chaos. Give it time, Her Majestys' Government (the Home Office) will privatise/sell off the Crminal justice system, ie crime, prisons, punishment toany private sector firms that can offer places of internment, rehabilitation or state approved/sponsored execution (assuming the death penalty rears it's head again).
As with all privatised firms and companies, the shareholders will sell out to the highest bidder. In this case, think....I dunno,.....James Murdoch?

We now have a situation where a corporation runs/controls the criminal justice system (not entirely far from where we are now and not entirely exaggeerated as a thought either).
Considering all the points I made above (and assuming the government is no longer entirely responsible for the facade of punishment,) we could soon have:
1:THE ABOLITION OF TRIAL BY JURY: Well, technically that won't be true, and that will be the loophole around this issue. People of Britain will have the right to access, participate and vote on all the trials that come to court throughout the land. We, the public of Britain, will be the jury of any trial available, FOR A SUBSCRIPTION FEE OF £150 a year! No need for that cumbersome, expensive tax payer funded right to trial by jury through random, independant members of the public. Now anyone can judge!
2:STATE APPROVED DEATH: For an additional £50/£100 pounds a year/month/case, you (Yes, You Mr member of the Public!) have the right to cast your vote on the death penalty for this individual! I can just imagine Ant & Dec in the Public Gallery, grinning away at the conclusion of some random case and saying ("Does he deserve to swing for his sin? Hit the Red Button on your interactive Sky remote now, if you say 'Yes'!)
No more jury. Just a judge, a prosecutor and a defender....and You, THE PEOPLE OF BRITAIN DECIDE!
(We'll be right back for the result, after this commercial break....').

I know....the miscarriages of justice would be horrific, but the entertainment factor would be....AMAZING.
And you can't argue with the viewing figures.

By the way, I copyrighted this whole concept a good 3 years ago just for the humour factor, should I ever get around to finishing my book, so don't think about stealing it.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

Nothing happened to personal responsibility. But at this moment we need to pay for that stuff right? We need to pay for the enforcement of law, probation officers, administration of offenders, hours and hours of talking of people who think they govern the people and "solve" this problem.

I agree they have to pay, if they can. If they cannot, we shouldn't let the people who are damaged in their working or living structure down. At least I don't think we should, as I hope that people will help me if I was damaged.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Well, I'm white. I know a couple of people who are white who have been killed by the police.

The last one - dear god how fracked up does your life have to be that not only do you decide to try and run over an of duty police officier, but the one that teaches all the other cops how to shoot. What an idiot.

I've seen more than one person's friends and family cry about how great good ol'Ricky, George, What'sHisFAce was - when in reality he had his moments, but he was also not a nice person. To anyone. Give you the shirt off his back. And then steal your computer next week. Help you move - if he wasn't drunk. Great to party with, but don't leave your children alone in the room with him.

Or in this case - great guy. Sure he was illegally open carrying a hacked weapon. Pay no attention to the illegal hacked open carry weapon in the car. These are not the droids you are looking for.

edit on 2011/8/10 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

edit on 2011/8/10 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join