It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What punishment is sufficient for the ones acting in the riots in the UK?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
First of all, I am talking about these riots where civilians are attacking and damaging civilians that are in the same snip. They would have gained more respect if they brought it to Buckingham Palace on the first day (If anyone does I offer 20 pounds for a painting)

I understand that the damages need to be paid by, again, civilians. Maybe in taxes or a raise in insurance, you get what I mean. I don't like it, but ok, I will support my fellow civilians. I would appreciate it If they will support me if I would be a victim.

What about the punishments? I don't like the idea I have to pay for their punishments, either in jail or community services. I don't expect the ones participating in the riots financially capable of paying their debts. So what could be the best punishments. I had a discussion today about this and an intresting punishment came up.

It is not a good punishment, yes you punish them,but it would give lots of troubles too, pushing them in an illegal life, so we enforce differences again.

Here is the punishment:

According to their role in the riots, people get different durations of punishment, that will be an temporary tattoo on cheeks and forehead, hands (where-ever as long as you can't hide them) for a couple of months or years. The whole society can put them out of their shops, clubs, public transport, etc. Judge people on the color of their marks not their skin.

The problems that automatically follow is that some of them will proudly wear them as trophies, but they cannot hide it anymore. As you push them out of society, well I guess ATS is smart enough I don't need to explain the problems of that.

I am curious what the members of ATS think that could work as a fine and a little jail time will not be sufficient in my eyes.

edit on 9-8-2011 by Diyainoue because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Deportation or death as far as I am concerned

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I haven't been here in a bit, but are you people here blaming the people for the riots? Nobody should be punished as it is a response to rule.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Diyainoue

WOW.... That has to be a English or European type of answer, as I'd never even heard such an idea in the U.S. outside of movies...and they weren't showing such a thing in a good way.

I must admit though, it's brilliant! This is an event that is so far outside the norms of even criminal action, a whole special type of punishment might be a great way to deal with the rioters.

The American ACLU would have the first person to even suggest this as a joke tied up in courts for decades, but maybe England could accomplish something so creative?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JustinSee

Well I can't blame the trees
They eat, sleep , pee and poo and make babies for fun so yeah, they can be dolphins too

They response to rule so bring it to rule not to my neighbours

edit on 9-8-2011 by Diyainoue because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Stealing luxury items isn't a response......justifying it as so on enables them to continue their actions. Look 'em up for 5 years minimum, and sue them for the damages....the ones you can prove anyway.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Bull crap, the rioters are obviously not productive members of society hence they don't give a damn that we are going to have to increase taxes to pay for their damage. They don't give a damn as they have probably never paid taxes. Anybody that glorifies these criminals, well I will quite hapilly meet you for a private chat should you be in or around my area. People that justify these criminals are as bad as them.

link   
A lot of folk are more scared of being embarrassed than going to jail. Name and shame them for a start.

How about 21st century stocks. Not the clamp around the neck type, but thick acrylic cages on street corners. Put individuals inside so they're on full view to the public and let that teach them some humility. Some might say "I'm never going back in there again. What an embarassment." Humble pie and all that...

Would also be suitable for burglars, pervs, and all round trouble-makers.

link   

Simple ..... shoot on sight.

The Koreans figured it out in 1992 in LA.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
A corrupt system led to these actions, and # happens when its bad. If oppression wasn't so in your face, you wouldn't worry about riots at all. Sometimes people feel that the only way to be heard is through drastic actions. The minute you start siding with the oppressor they win and you justify their rule. You can punish people for isolated incidents of apparent wrongs, but when a whole society is doing it, you can't, and something bigger is the problem.

link   

This is a very dangerous line to tread.

On the one hand, it appears to be wrong and this does need punishment.

But on the other hand, what if the country decided to riot against draconian legislation, police oppression, unemployment rates, spying on citizens or worse in the future to come in Britain?

I just urge people to think about what they are doing is all because you might just be your own demise in the future to come.

In particular the people calling for the military to go in and shoot rioters etc. (not neccesarily in this thread but in public and other threads)

edit on 9-8-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Look 'em up for 5 years minimum, and sue them for the damages....the ones you can prove anyway.

If they lock them up I have to pay for them, sue a jobless, well why? what is he going to bring in?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

So if I have a problem with todays structure, and believe me I have, I may slap you? Or should I attack the structure?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I know it is dangerous, I see more problems than solutions, but todays structure is not working, we need to find another way. I just hate it to see that people that are just as oppressed by the system are being damaged. That is why I was stating buckingham palace.

Bring your anger to the one who angers you.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Involved in starting any fires at all on property

ATTEMPTED MURDER & ARSON & RIOT ACT & CRIMINAL DAMAGE & Conspiracy to do all the above as well

About 14 years in my reckoning, do not let it run concurrent do at least 10 years in borstal/prison.

I have been involved in organising, and even at the front of Protests, but all Non Violent!

They are not protesting, they are not at all cared about revolution for the betterment of the society or even the very disenfranchised they come from.

as one Blackberry message showed

Tonight Sheer Terror destruction and FREE STUFF 10pm ealing

Its all about the money.

Get away with this and will be mugging, burgling and arson for the rest of their lives.

Throw away the keys I say, and I am more left than 99% of people on ATS, as said have been involved in Demonstrations at just foot and organisation levels when younger & political, but non violence if ANYONE would have set fire to a property near civilians the very "protesters" would have dealt with them, and they would be ostrasized.

Scum, lowest of the low, no better than bent police who fit up, beat up or kill innocent people.

ATTEMPTED MURDER and Conspiracy I say even if remotely involved in those fires.

Elf

link   
they should all be let off, it all seems a bit fishy if u ask me.

link   

Originally posted by Diyainoue
reply to post by XXXN3O

I know it is dangerous, I see more problems than solutions, but todays structure is not working, we need to find another way. I just hate it to see that people that are just as oppressed by the system are being damaged. That is why I was stating buckingham palace.

Bring your anger to the one who angers you.

I agree with you there, the rioters are crapping where they eat sort of speak which is stupidity.

If they were to go to the source (parliament if it was a problem with government) it might make a statement that is hard to ignore.

The one thing that this does show is that the whole preconceived notion of being powerless to stop government is nothing but a state of mind that can be called simply, wrong.

At the end of all this though I still think this will bring the majority of people together again, it is going to hurt the youth of the country though and it might cause racial tension too which is ridiculous in my opinion on both counts.
edit on 9-8-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

The UK system is not corrupt, flawed yes but corrupt no. The poor in the UK have a reasonable standard of life regardless of how much they want to work and the rich have a great standard of life. Why do you think that all migrants travel through europe to come to the UK, it is because it is generally a pleasant and tollerant society where nobody will be left to fend for themselves.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Same thing that would happen to them for the same act were there not a riot. They should go to prison. Upon release their wages should be garnished to pay for the damages.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The same as the people that started this. If it had not been for the attempt to control the worlds wealth, this would not be happening.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join