It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What punishment is sufficient for the ones acting in the riots in the UK?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

It is just that I am not willing to pay for their punishments, if any.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
i'll take a stab at it..
suspend driver's permits, phone capabilities, access to electric power. internet.
water source.? sentence to community service..
in phoenix they live in tents. work on a chain gang.
there are 2.3million in us prisons and major companies contract their labor.
this is called a jobs program.
edit on 9-8-2011 by p51mustang because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Troubling to see some people calling for executions and the death penalty for what is happening in the UK, because the UK already has serious big brother problems, and maybe this kind of thing is what the PTB want.. To invoke even more loss of freedoms and draconian punishments... (just like what our leaders are causing here in the USA)

The world is being shipped straight to hell everywhere these days, (by our current world leaders/ puppetmasters, and we are even paying all the freight charges for them....

What makes me truly sad though, is the people causing all of these things believe themselves immune from final judgement... As if they can do any sort of vile thing and get away with it.. When judgement comes for planet earth it will make what is happening everywhere now look like a girlscout singalong.. I think people instinctively know this though..

Every day it is looking more like Dr. Suess' worst nightmare

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

I guess you are right for some of them. I expect a lot of them just being sheep following a different herd.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

If prison-jobs could make them pay for the damages and maintenance of their punishment it will be ok. But as far as I know punishments make me pay.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

I agree, the ones participating in the riots, should bring it to the core not to the local phone and shoe shop

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Diyainoue

We are paying now,

Today British Society is not safe from thieves and street thugs.

People are jumping from buildings that are on fire.

Dont care how much it costs as long as a life is saved.

The cost of prison for this will be about the same as the cost this "learnt Behavior" in the long run, they will now mug, steal, destroy and be totally outside of any productive element, or tax paying element of society, from the ages of 17 to 60.

Life of crime, more addicts, do you have any Idea how much a heroin, crack, meth addict costs society and the amount they need a day to support their habit in crime.

More Guns in society.

People at the age of 0-7 yrs are imprinted with many life behaviors/beliefs, then 7-14 model their peers.

Who will be the peers if they are not locked up?

This is not Political

This is not about Race

This is not about the likely Murder by the Police of Marcus.

This is not about the lack of options.

This is about people who just care about themselves and NO ONE ELSE.

Well same here then.

The cost 300 people lost their jobs in just one burnt down sony factory yesterday, and there is no jobs to replace it.

300 working men, not paying their mortgage, not buying things, LOOKING NOW for the same Jobs that these disenfranchised say they dont have access to.

What about the innocents rights?

The true cost of not punishing this properly is much much much higher than any prison costs.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Stupid liberal wankers will have them sat on a naughty step then all sit down and talk about "feelings". Maybe do some crayon drawing, write a rap song or basket weaving.

But as someone who lives in the real world amongst these feral wastes of oxygen, I say a very nice long stay in a coal mine that goes under the North Sea would be my wish.

They could all be piled in there then the entrance gets concreted over..

If they want to act like animals then let them. Underground and out of my sight. That way I dont have to breathe the same air as them and feel violated by them anymore.
edit on 9-8-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Rebuild the buildings they damaged.

Repay the shop keepers for their losses.

Pay for all the damages.

Perhaps it's time to bring back the concept of hard labor. They earn a wage for their hard labor and it goes into a victims fund. When the victims have been compensated, they can be eligible for parole.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
.. or we could bring back the birch

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
UK has thousands of islands.

find one that's empty, windblown and damp.

send a few thousand to each one, with basic tents.

drop some turnips once a week so they can't claim starvation.

check on them once a year.

if the numbers drop, there is room for more.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

We are paying now, and I am fed up with it.
I agree with them if they want a different structure, these events just opened the discussion which I brought here.

I don't think hiding (locking up) your problems will be the solution. I accept that in todays structure people accept that as a solution. If you want a new structure you need to think about this too.

Now is the time to think about it as many people are seeing their save world shaking.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Diyainoue because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Easy.

Make every one of them clean up their mess and fix everything that was damaged/broken.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

How do they fix the memories you had in a house that is burnt down? they can't.
(besides the fact I prefer someone with experience of structural integrity building my house)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diyainoue

How do they fix the memories you had in a house that is burnt down? they can't.
(besides the fact I prefer someone with experience of structural integrity building my house)

They can carry the bricks.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

So I still need to pay. Funny... letting rioters carry bricks, at least they got credentials right?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
There are already laws and punishments and fines for these crimes in the law.

You don't need to come up with new ones. The ones needed are already there.

They can be made to pay for their damages, and they can be sued in civil court.

If you had a youth corp, they could be sentenced to time doing that if the crime warrants it.

You don't need a different standard. Common-law already has sufficient standards if they are applied.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

If you had a youth corp, they could be sentenced to time doing that if the crime warrants it.

You don't need a different standard. Common-law already has sufficient standards if they are applied.

Yeah the UK's answer to that is either a caution or an £80 fixed penalty for public disorder. Thats really off putting isn't it?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Originally posted by Aeons

Yeah the UK's answer to that is either a caution or an £80 fixed penalty for public disorder. Thats really off putting isn't it?

If your prosecutors don't charge the crimes they can charge them with, that isn't the law. That's a failure in the system in that they've been directed to not clog up the courts with higher sentences. That's a whole other ball of wax.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

yeah as if I don't need to pay. To sue them will probably cost more then that they will provide us. The current system is not sufficient. I only take these riots as thesis for as it sparks in society to start the discussion.

The structure isn't working, the law is part of that structure
edit on 9-8-2011 by Diyainoue because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join