It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What punishment is sufficient for the ones acting in the riots in the UK?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

You should consider to use the movie "The running man" as a reference lol you made me smile. It is fun if you state a thesis, to open a discussion some people tend to believe it is your truth. The elite still rules, the lower classes clash with the lower classes, it is familiar I know.

Btw I sell get out of prosecution cards for only 1500 yen.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Diyainoue

Btw I sell get out of prosecution cards for only 1500 yen.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I thought it already did happen...?

When you don't have nearly enough jobs for everyone, and standard of living gets cut back, and you watch all the elite get bailed out for putting us in this mess.... Is anyone really surprised that violence is breaking out??
I mean really meow.

Again... America is next.... This uprising NEEDS to happen. We NEED to tear down these monument's, and move forward and evolve together as a species. This massive division between everyone is holding us back from so much.

*wow, this has been just chilling in an open tab for a while now haha*

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

"It is from a strange mixture of tyranny and cowardice that exclusions have been set up and continued. The boldness to do wrong at first, changes afterwards into cowardly craft, and at last into fear. The Representatives in England appear now to act as if they were afraid to do right, even in part, lest it should awaken the nation to a sense of all the wrongs it has endured. This case serves to shew that the same conduct that best constitutes the safety of an individual, namely, a strict adherence to principle, constitutes also the safety of a Government, and that without it safety is but an empty name. When the rich plunder the poor of his rights, it becomes an example of the poor to plunder the rich of his property, for the rights of the one are as much property to him as wealth is property to the other and the little all is as dear as the much. It is only by setting out on just principles that men are trained to be just to each other; and it will always be found, that when the rich protect the rights of the poor, the poor will protect the property of the rich. But the guarantee, to be effectual, must be parliamentarily reciprocal." Thomas Paine

It is interesting how little things have changed. Source is something called a book, "The Rights of Man" that is in my Library.

edit on 10-8-2011 by HermitShip because: add

edit on 10-8-2011 by HermitShip because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2011 by HermitShip because: wally word

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
"What about the punishments?" The amount of damage done and/or items stolen, RFID chips and/or skin tattoos, removal of government subsistence, ship off to Australia or back to homeland of origin, etc.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I don't see anything happening. And if so it will be a slap on the wrist.

When you don't expect anything from anyone, no one is responsible for their actions, there is no right or wrong anymore, everyone is entitled to anything they want, and if they can't get it they'll take it.....

You have people who have been raised with this kind of dogma all their lives, that they are entitled to anything and everything.

Were it here, in the US, and they came into my workplace throwing firebombs, wielding bats or knives? I would have shot them dead where they stood.

Alas, I can do that. My English cousins gave that right away.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillbilly123069
The same as the people that started this. If it had not been for the attempt to control the worlds wealth, this would not be happening.

I sincerely agree with you
I'm not certain other than what the MSM says started all of this and also I'm in California, but people are sooooooo fed up around the world that many of them don't know what to do anymore. Most people around the world are beginning to feel/think/realize they are being left out and unheard. Most are feeling like they are just being trampled upon by their leaders and not listened too. That's a terrible feeling might I add.

While I do not condone destroying property just to have tax payers fix it up, maybe TPTB should take about 10 steps back and think about "everything" that brought this on. As far as punishment goes, well as my friend above said "The same as the people that started this. If it had not been for the attempt to control the worlds wealth, this would not be happening".

Think about that for awhile!
edit on 8/10/11 by hathorschild because: correct spelling

edit on 8/10/11 by hathorschild because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Stealing luxury items isn't a response......justifying it as so on enables them to continue their actions. Look 'em up for 5 years minimum, and sue them for the damages....the ones you can prove anyway.

Originally posted by michael1983l
Deportation or death as far as I am concerned

Now some here on ATS would like you to think that these people are fighting the good fight against authority, or fighting social injustice - load of crap, they are thugs that have been on the system for their entire lives, taking what they can because they think they can get away with it.

Now I know some are taking my responses as being pro-elite, but that is far from the case. You don't fight the powers that be by breaking in some corner store and stealing.....
edit on 10-8-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
They fight out of frustration caused by the elite middle man is screwed, no matter who wins

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I don't think any of them should be punished. At least not until some of the elite who have actually stuffed up the whole planet have been punished, you have to start with the worst criminals otherwise it is just hyprocritical. I say until Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, David Cameron & the Royal Family are hanging in Piccadilly circus leave the poor uneducated alone, punish the one's who do the most damage.

Peace

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The only punishment that suits these kids is to give them a job and force them to give back.to the community in some way that equals the amount of.damage caused. If they had jobs and opportunity in the first place they wouldn't have resorted to violence.

Its the same as where any of us live. We have high.crime due to lack of opportunity. The uk riots are merely the next step we can eventually expect in north america. There are solutions. Screw the economy. Well make our own.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Awww...you mad?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

i like your thought on branding them in some way so the public know who they are ie. some sort of i.d bracelet they cant remove.....but.......this will only cause further violence and i'm sure the u.k doesent need it.

apart from (a clip across the ear) and the stock standard community service of having to pay back what your've done wrong, not quite sure what they deserve.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

What did the first offenders get at court today for their offenses? One got 10 weeks, another got 16 weeks!!

What a joke! That's not exactly much punishment really is it?

Do you know what they do to looters in the US when there are riots? First they bring the National Guard onto the streets - and if they catch anyone looting - they shoot them - dead...

Yep, that's right. I'm not suggesting they should do that in the UK, but they should DO something, because so far, the police reaction has been nothing more than a joke. And as I have lived in the UK myself, I know that this is not unusual. These rioters see the police as nothing more than a joke - an un-armed joke at that...

J.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Lock them up for 5 years and castrate them

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think it is not a good idea but why the race remark at the beginning of your setence? So unnecessary

I hate nationalistic people.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Seems like the people from the streets, the looters, were from all races. Some of the English, some other not so English but they were all there!!

I think they should be cut out of benefits and be forced to work somehow. Maybe even do community service and jail for some months, the kids can go to those juvenile places. ALso put their pictures in all nespapers so people know exactly who they are.

That would be my normal response.

My other response would be like they do in Asia. Tie them up on top of a block of ice and let the people humiliate them by throwing them tomatoes! Booo!!

and for the people thinking they were only immigrants, ummm... watch more tv and see more footages

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The council has threatened to "throw out" any persons, who live in council accommodation, who partook in the riots.

This is one way in which the government is taking back that which they give.

Personally, I think those responsible should be burdened with the task of clean up - they can repaint, clean the street.

I also think those found guilty should have their wages docked for a period of time, with that money going to the business owners / insurance companies / people who were effected. A simple 15% garnishing of wages for a fixed period of time (2 years).

Hit the little f****ers where it hurts.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diyainoue
First of all, I am talking about these riots where civilians are attacking and damaging civilians that are in the same snip. They would have gained more respect if they brought it to Buckingham Palace on the first day (If anyone does I offer 20 pounds for a painting)

I understand that the damages need to be paid by, again, civilians. Maybe in taxes or a raise in insurance, you get what I mean. I don't like it, but ok, I will support my fellow civilians. I would appreciate it If they will support me if I would be a victim.

What about the punishments? I don't like the idea I have to pay for their punishments, either in jail or community services. I don't expect the ones participating in the riots financially capable of paying their debts. So what could be the best punishments. I had a discussion today about this and an intresting punishment came up.

It is not a good punishment, yes you punish them,but it would give lots of troubles too, pushing them in an illegal life, so we enforce differences again.

Here is the punishment:

According to their role in the riots, people get different durations of punishment, that will be an temporary tattoo on cheeks and forehead, hands (where-ever as long as you can't hide them) for a couple of months or years. The whole society can put them out of their shops, clubs, public transport, etc. Judge people on the color of their marks not their skin.

The problems that automatically follow is that some of them will proudly wear them as trophies, but they cannot hide it anymore. As you push them out of society, well I guess ATS is smart enough I don't need to explain the problems of that.

I am curious what the members of ATS think that could work as a fine and a little jail time will not be sufficient in my eyes.

edit on 9-8-2011 by Diyainoue because: (no reason given)

As most of these young people are out of work due to a sluggish economy and government mismanagement, why not have them work on infrastructure. Maintaining roads, planting trees, gardening council land and nature strips, working for charities , helping old people etc. Make it compulsory, just don't call it community service. Keeping them busy may stop them from rioting in the streets, damaging and looting their own communities. If these young guns really wanted to make a statement they could have started a riot out the front of no.10 instead of the local shop. Not too bright but they can text organize an instant army in a pinch!!

*shakes head*

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diyainoue
Here is the punishment:

According to their role in the riots, people get different durations of punishment, that will be an temporary tattoo on cheeks and forehead, hands (where-ever as long as you can't hide them) for a couple of months or years. The whole society can put them out of their shops, clubs, public transport, etc. Judge people on the color of their marks not their skin.

The problems that automatically follow is that some of them will proudly wear them as trophies, but they cannot hide it anymore. As you push them out of society, well I guess ATS is smart enough I don't need to explain the problems of that.

I am curious what the members of ATS think that could work as a fine and a little jail time will not be sufficient in my eyes.

edit on 9-8-2011 by Diyainoue because: (no reason given)

Who are you hitler? Is U.K. the new nazis? This makes no sense for the simple reason that you are once again giving them wood for the fire. They are already outcast in the sense of being lower class... Marking them would only further entrench these already mayor problems. You would be solving nothing and causing so much more damage to the social order.

I say just give them sometime in jail to think about the violence. But you must understand that what happen in england was brought about because of england and the crazy class system that has been going on there for 100s of years.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join