It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London riots spreading to Birmingham, Leeds

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It's bad what's happening in England these days... and in my opinion, this shows how weak the Law is - not only in England but in many European countries.
It's like governments are somehow encouraging these things, by staying so passive.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Personally when I see it, I wonder why the populace itself isn't fighting back, but the laws keep people weak I guess. Even in the US the laws vary widely, but I like to think, if something like that spread to the suburbs here, it wouldn't last long because a lot of homeowners are armed.

I'm not sure if you can fight spreading anarchy with law. Anarchy wants to answer itself.

I wanted to watch the story on the news here in the US, but all I get is a minute and a half coverage of the clean up on CNN? I get the feeling that the US news agencies don't want the US people to see rioting.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
not sure if this will work outside of the UK. But Sky are pretty much showing permanent, rolling coverage.

news.sky.com...

In hw words of the late Kenny Everett "we should round hem up, put em in a field, and BOMB THE BUSTARDS"

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by idmonster

And if its your child, who is involved, would you be calling for the same thing to happen to them?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Bring the Army in and have them shoot them.
Job done.

Because the police are completely useless.
edit on 9/8/11 by Gazmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
My brother just rang me and told me and my wife not to go out because they have just started rioting at Brighton train station. This is coming a complete joke. These people are animals and should be delt with. The problem is, the police are too scared to use force because they are scared of being sued or the human right groups having a go at them

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazmeister

So if the Soldiers shoots your teenage son or daughter, how will you feel if they are involved? Would you still be making such statements? Or would you march your teenage son or daughter down to the local police station and hand them in yourself.

The parents of those involved in these riots should be held responsible also.
edit on 9-8-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
there was a shooting in Leeds yesterday, but don't think it was riot related, but it did serve to get some people out on the streets.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Is this confirmed? I live down that way & am working in Covent Garden, so su*ks to get home

edit on 9-8-2011 by Wo0kiEE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I like the second picture.
Its now my backdrop :-)

Are there any confirmed places where trouble is starting ?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem

So if the Soldiers shoots your teenage son or daughter, how will you feel if they are involved? Would you still be making such statements? Or would you march your teenage son or daughter down to the local police station and hand them in yourself.

The parents of those involved in these riots should be heal responsible also.

Their parents won't hand them in.
Stop living in a dream world.

If they are burning houses with people in them, stabbing, shooting, robbing people, then they should be shot.

End of.

edit on 9/8/11 by Gazmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
er having said that

we're in Leeds and we've been sent home

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
www.crawleyobserver.co.uk...

Up to the date info from my neck of the woods

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wo0kiEE

Is this confirmed? I live down that way & am working in Covent Garden, so su*ks to get home

Im trying to find out now. The news has said nothing about it yet. I live in kemptown, so train station is a 10 min walk from here. If i was you, i would try and find out because these thugs seem to be robbing and attacking everyone!

edit on 9-8-2011 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I can't get on the Argus website so can't see if they have anything doing

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply, Cheesy, hope you have a good shift.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

And you are not answering the question, your are eluding it. If a soldier shoots your teenage son or your daughter how would you feel. Would you still shout for the army to be brought in?

No I do not think you would be, you would be on here calling the murderers.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Well I'm off to get into my civies for the journey across London, hope the old bill don't think because I'm on a BMX with an afghan scarf & a woolly hat on that I'm off on the rob....

Have a good one all & stay safe out there.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wo0kiEE

I can't get on the Argus website so can't see if they have anything doing

I am on the site, but its really slow. This is what they say

Sussex Police has said that although there are many rumours circulating on social media sites, there have been no incidents of disorder related to the unrest across the country.

A spokesman said: "However, we remain alert to the rumours and have planned an increased presence in cities and towns in Sussex."

The Force is again providing mutual aid to the Metropolitan Police and a number of officers and vehicles have been sent or are en route to the capital. However, this has been resourced from officers recalled from rest days and has not affected the normal policing of Sussex.

The spokesman added: "It is important that we do all we can to prevent the sad scenes that we are seeing elsewhere and we would appeal to everyone of all ages and from all walks of life to disregard the rumour-mongering that is unnecessarily raising tensions and fears in some Sussex communities."

As far as Sussex Police is aware, no events have been cancelled or postponed in the county. If you have any doubts about an event you are planning to attend, you should contact the organisers.

So, maybe my brother got it from the internet. I can hear alot of police sirens

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join