It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London riots spreading to Birmingham, Leeds

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Sky News has received this statement from the family of Mark Duggan. "We feel completely gutted. Someone must be made accountable for this. We can't believe that they can do this. In this day and age this is completely unacceptable. We are ver very angry and we want answers now from the police." This statement follows the IPCC saying there was no evidence Mr Duggan had fired a gun at police before his death.

This is for those who have stated Mr Duggan Deserved to be shot.

Sky News

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
A BBC Cameraman has been assaulted in Salford(Manchester) This is getting out of hand...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
111 Police Officers Injured so far... Met Police Update.

Retired Police Officers being called in, volunteers are being recruited.

London Cells Full.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Police have advised and requested that people stay out of Manchester city centre tonight..

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
haven't you heard from the bbc? these riots are like those ones in greece.
can you spell spin? lol.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SieMa

oh noes, bbc cameraman? really? now they've done it.
yup. that's it! crossed le line. off with their heads!11!!!! lol.

by the way, these protests need a slogan. and a heavy
media coverage. hold yer pants. wikileaks might have
something about these protests, all written in a diplomatic
cable from the american embassy in turkmenistan to the
kyrgyzstan embassy in tunisia. lol.

but, don't despair. michael moore has found his reagan.
matt damon. if nothing else, when matt gets elected as
us president in 2012, he'll take care of these rioters.

until then, who the hell remembers mobile phone hacking
scandal anymore, let alone 7/7? pffff.
edit on 9-8-2011 by psyop911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aetheric

Reports confirmed, Incidents in Manchester, People being advised to stay away.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
some medway towns (kent) are rioting to chatham, gillingham and strood have fires and looting. maidstone is also on alert but nothing yet

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Someone has asked what is going on in Brighton as Churchill Square (shopping centre) has been cordoned off this afternoon, not sure if it's related, if it's just precautionary or whether they know something else, I think we have ATS'ers there (I'm close but too far to go find out)...

EDIT: Rumours of things spreading that way apparently. Just rumours, discard info as you see fit

edit on 9-8-2011 by Aetheric because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Salford shopping centre in GTR Manchester has been closed , due to unrest . Also talks of closing the Trafford Centre in GTR Manchester.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK
reply to post by kindred

Sorry, but you're wrong. Things aren't basically the same. Sure, pretty much anyone can get a job, trouble is, it may be a fast food joint, it will be minimum wage. There is no way in hell that you can clothe, feed and house yourself on minimum wage.

And while there are a lot of fighters in this thread, I'd guess that they had a fairly decent home life.

Combine poverty, lack of hope and a destructive home environment and you have someone who ceases to function.

not just that, but it aint that easy to get a job (in the south of england anyway), the government asked businesses to start employing more young british workers and they said no, because apparantly we lost our work ethics, which is wrong. they would just rather employ EU nationals because they do anything they are asked, even if it goes againts health and safety acts or working time regulations, not to mention the supsodies and tax rebaits the company gets for employing them in the first place

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It's not just Manchester centre and Salford that are shutting up shop for the night
Oldham and Rochdale are doing the same !
Should be an interesting evening

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
An update from Manchester:
Entire city centre packed up early and went home (I work in a store in town). I live in the suburbs about 20mins away. On the way home, many shops along route were shutting, with police having conversations with shop owners. All shops shut even 20 minutes bus ride out. This was pre-emptive...

A friend has since messaged to say that while walking home, approx 300 people appeared out of nowhere running through St.Anne's square, in the heart of the city centre - looting has begun. Photo of shop window from friend to confirm looting but I won't be posting due to paranoia and not wishing to be identified as a poster on this forum..

It's quite sad. A friend from Liverpool confirms the centre shut early there too. Abroad they riot over war, cuts and human rights. Here, they riot for the hell of it.. way to go England.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aetheric
Someone has asked what is going on in Brighton as Churchill Square (shopping centre) has been cordoned off this afternoon, not sure if it's related, if it's just precautionary or whether they know something else, I think we have ATS'ers there (I'm close but too far to go find out)...

EDIT: Rumours of things spreading that way apparently. Just rumours, discard info as you see fit

edit on 9-8-2011 by Aetheric because: (no reason given)

Im in kemptown. Seems quiet at the moment. There were rumours ealier that riots had started at Brighton train station, but it was BS. The helicopter is not out yet, so thats a good sign.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
yfrog.com... Miss selfridges in Manchester now ablaze!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Gosh how is this still being allowed to go on?

The army needs to step in and in my opinion shoot them all for they arn't protesting anything. They are purely vandals.

America would never allow this to happen.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Vehicle confirmed ablaze at Salford market . Around 20 police officers trying to disperse a large crowd of youths .
Miss Selfridge ablaze in Market St Manchester.
Here in Eccles , shops are closing early and the shutters are comming down.

These acts are not a protest and are blatant acts of looting and vandalism . Police are considering using plastgic bullets .

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

I'm positively amazed at your totally middle class kneejerk reaction to this, "Gosh", you make me want to vomit all over your boxster.
With any luck you wont run into a gangbanger looking for an easy target one day and "Gosh" maybe Karma will give you exactly what you want.
You see the opposite which attracts to your statement of personally wanting to see terror inflicted on others by a stronger force, is, terror being inflicted on you by a stronger force, be careful what you wish for.

Why would you advocate the use of weapons on people by a force already proven not to have the stability or the professionalism to carry them?.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
reply to post by Aetheric

Reports confirmed, Incidents in Manchester, People being advised to stay away.

I can confirm there's a real threat in Manchester in the Northern quarter, friend has just been ordered home - lots of hooded youth's kicking doors and throwing rocks. Also Salford too.

Another friend on facebook is telling me he's hearing lots of sirens in Liverpool.

reg

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutantgenius
bookmarking and bumping.....anyone in the Leeds area please keep us updated. My family are in that area (Castleford and Pontefract) Too close to home for me.

I talked with my brother in Ponte this morning and he hadnt even heard about it yet. He was kinda shocked when he saw footage on the web.

hey there, i live in the pontefract area and you have nothing to worry about, theres been no trouble reported round here, apparently it's all kicking off in the Manchester area tonight.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join