It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London riots spreading to Birmingham, Leeds

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
We had gunfire in Newport last night, very unusual, daylight hours as well around 5-6pm.
I still think that when so many kids have been affected by nonsense like stop and search, seen police behave in an unprofessional manner, they loose all respect for the authority they are meant to have.

The police bringing out weapons is not a very bright thing to do, gangs have weapons too and believe me those looking to make a name for themselves amongst their peers WILL shoot police. (Maximum "Respect")
I still believe the police have lost the authority to try and reign this is now, they are not going to be listened to, their presence soon enough will be regarded as unwanted interference, the mobs will organise to try and chase them off whatever they want to take.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MrKipling

No Stress buddy, was chatting with a guy who is Liverpool & a lot of my Blue Nosed buddies live in Liverpool
so nothing doing... Stay safe

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TrixXxtaR

Have you lost your marbles?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic RNA

Eh? Oxford has just started riots.. and Southampton is on lock down.. I'd say that they were in the south wouldn't you??

Im working in Oxford today - no sign of the police or any street rats by me....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Riots claim first life: Man, 26, dies in hospital after being shot while sitting in car in London
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Don't let this be the first of many.... but I'm sure it's only the beginning

edit on 9-8-2011 by Wo0kiEE because: thought I'd better link to story

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I find watching the news isn't as distressing when you play this song in the background.

Get out the water cannons, plastic bullets, and X-rep tasers. Surely this is why they buy this stuff?

As mentioned earlier no revolution here, just scum. Take screen shots from the CCTV down to the local jobcentre in the following days to identify the culprits.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

I've just heard it as well, and I am afraid it is the first of many!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
There have been reports of riots in Toxteth (Liverpool) last night. Which was clearly caused by opportunistic morons who had nothing to do with the original protests

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by KhaliWitch

I'm starting to think maybe not the 1st of many deaths but certainly the start of worse to come, if it was Gang related, there will be retaliation attacks, if it wasn't some group will latch onto it as a reason to fight. So I suspect that the Hossie's will be struggling to cope.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

One way or another there are going to be more deaths, retalliation or otherwise. May the Goddesses have mercy on our spirits and dreams.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
There have been reports of riots in Toxteth (Liverpool) last night. Which was clearly caused by opportunistic morons who had nothing to do with the original protests

Myrtle Grove/Faulkner Square mate.. I work just on Hope street by the Everyman

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Watts

multiculturalism and multiracial are two different things.

I embrace a multiracial society, that is a society where many (multi) races live side by side. I deplore the idea of a society that has to abide by the customs of many (multi) cultures.

English culture is primarily based on the Christian culture (I'm an atheist but recognize a fact as fact) and to make it multicultural would mean incorporating a variety of laws (sharia?) and customs. This is wrong!

Historically Brit's, and more specifically the English have adopted many diverse cultural customs, and this is good if those customs are adopted voluntarily, over time. To attempt to enforce another cultures customs on the "indigenous" population can only lead to unrest. IF immigrants to this country want to live here, they must accept the primary culture of the UK and slowly introduce the best from their cultures.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
seems to be a huge amount of scaremongering going on & unconfirmed reports, anyone got any confirmed news of what if anything is going on now?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Majestic RNA

Which were probably started by a gang of four youths.

Sorry, this entire thing has been blown way out of proportion. I’m about a 20/30 minute drive from Central London, and can tell you that everything is normal here. Hell, just as I type this an elderly women is walking past with her Tesco's shopping. I'd say it’s perfectly safe here..

Love how ATS is against MSM bull# yet everyone is hanging on to what the MSM reports as if there life depends on it.

This entire ordeal is complete media hype with hysteria thrown in.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by spolvil

Originally posted by Majestic RNA

Eh? Oxford has just started riots.. and Southampton is on lock down.. I'd say that they were in the south wouldn't you??

Im working in Oxford today - no sign of the police or any street rats by me....

Looks like the start of it in Oxford has started but not full out riots... yet.....

Oxford BBC

Also a friend has just put up on his Face Book status Reading is now joining in.. again I have no proof of this just what I'm reading on friends Face Book status and Twitter.. I hope Reading isn't rioting my wife is at work there

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Damn, well I will be back on tomorrow. Hubbie's home and wants grub on his plate.
Be safe everyone!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Sure, these kids are robbing.

But they're unemployed.
The government has cut their youth programs.
Their families have had their social net cut.

The police budget has been cut.

What did you expect?
This is what happens when you cut government spending.
This is what happens when you ignore the poor.

Unemployed youth are leading the North African revolutions.
They are leading the French and English one.

It could start in the U.S.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by KhaliWitch

Stay safe

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Just hearing more rumours - unfounded but better to be vigilant.

Rumours of more unrest in Liverpool plus suggestions that Warrington, Sthelens and Wigan might be next...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

My sentiments exactly. Hope everyone will stay safe tonight. Already reports coming in of violence occurring in London.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join