It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London riots spreading to Birmingham, Leeds

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
ITV Central News' facebook page:

Charlotte Grant, ITV Central Reporter: "A local police officer's just told us they can use a Section 16 tonight - allows them to remove face masks. Very interesting tactic if true."

www.facebook.com...#!/
My first thought was that this tactic could possibly escalate things?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The X
reply to post by kykweer

I'm positively amazed at your totally middle class kneejerk reaction to this, "Gosh", you make me want to vomit all over your boxster.
With any luck you wont run into a gangbanger looking for an easy target one day and "Gosh" maybe Karma will give you exactly what you want.
You see the opposite which attracts to your statement of personally wanting to see terror inflicted on others by a stronger force, is, terror being inflicted on you by a stronger force, be careful what you wish for.

Why would you advocate the use of weapons on people by a force already proven not to have the stability or the professionalism to carry them?.

So what your saying is that these rioters/vandals deserve what's coming to them?

Your kneejerk reaction is coincidentally agreeing with me.

reply to post by kykweer

Why would you advocate the use of weapons on people by a force already proven not to have the stability or the professionalism to carry them?.

So your saying a couple hundred to a thousand people vandalising innocent family business are more responsible than 20 000 policeman?

All those policeman live everyday with this hooligans who have more rights than they do and your still implying these criminals still have more rights?

All I'm saying is if this was America it would be over already.

edit on 9-8-2011 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

Oh and by the way, I think the police should go home and rest so the army can step in.

reg

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kykweer
Gosh how is this still being allowed to go on?

The army needs to step in and in my opinion shoot them all for they arn't protesting anything. They are purely vandals.

America would never allow this to happen.

Sorry to say but your a divvy. If the army was drafted in and started shooting people willy nilly, then it would give them justification for rioting and would most likely result in more people taking to the streets to join them.

Don't get me wrong whats happning is completely uncalled for and as no political cause to it, it is nothing more than (mostly) teenagers using the excuse of a man been shot dead by the police to go on the rampage and loot as much free stuff as possible.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
So why is it that there are numerous accounts of Thugs rampaging for hours before Police even arrive at the scene, yet anyone can go to a Saturday Football game and see loads of Police?

So now, they have taken many police from various other cities to help in London, but wait....the violence is now in those other cities!!!

Martial Law by next week.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nato28

riots are not racialy motivated....nothing to see here, just move along....

www.dailymail.co.uk...

A black guy robbing a white guy means it's race-related?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nato28

Nato 28, that guys a frikkin pushover, what the hell is the matter with him, last time i got mugged it was for my wallet i got into a fight with six or seven guys outside the spar shop car park in the highfields leicester.
I got my frikkin head kicked in but in the 30 seconds i managed to stay on my feet for a police car rolled up to the traffic lights and they ran. id be pretty hurt other wise just blackeyes managed to stop my nose getting smashed though.
Its hard to fight that many people just keep moving and trying to batter the nearest one, as soon as you roll over your f*cked.
People don't realise you are relying on their good nature not to attack you and if they are taking your damn clothes they haven't got a good nature, what you got to loose?.
mmmmm you look good without them clothes on whiteboy....lol...
Times like this makes people realise they should goto self defence classes, im going to krav naga classes now, i suggest a lot of you do the same.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by reg

Originally posted by kykweer
Gosh how is this still being allowed to go on?

The army needs to step in and in my opinion shoot them all for they arn't protesting anything. They are purely vandals.

America would never allow this to happen.

Sorry to say but your a divvy. If the army was drafted in and started shooting people willy nilly, then it would give them justification for rioting and would most likely result in more people taking to the streets to join them.

Don't get me wrong whats happning is completely uncalled for and as no political cause to it, it is nothing more than (mostly) teenagers using the excuse of a man been shot dead by the police to go on the rampage and loot as much free stuff as possible.

Fair point, shooting might be over the top lol, but surely these kids are abusing their civil rights in the UK and the police doesn't have anything to legally back them to basically do anything.

Surely the time for saying sorry is over and tough love should be given so normal innocent hard working people can go on with their lives.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Manchester is mental, shops being set on fire. 100 youths are looting shops in the arndale. to think i was in there like 3 days ago and all was calm.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Waterblasters, thats what is needed.

Blast them out of the way with water, like they did in the world cup riot in germany, take down a few fires and break the electronics they stole.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

I'm pretty sure that there are black racists out there, in fact there are an awful lot of black racists, whereas the typical black yout is blaming whitey for everything, the white guys have been trying to make the blacks realise, not all white people are the same, a lot know that and dont care.
Being able to hate all whites is very convenient and only possible if we are all the same.
I lived in the highfields in leicester, i have rolled with drug addicts and hookers, both black and white, their is endemic racism in the black community.

A lot of black guys work on the premise that white people are scared of them because they are black, a lot of them believe this, i have heard them say they have targeted white people because whites are afraid of them.
That guy would have found it easier psychologically to target that smaller white guy, he probably wouldn't try that on a guy the same colour as himself.
Certainly not in his own community, and i doubt he would degrade another black person like that, that is what that crime is about, humiliation and degradation, why else would he want those trousers, they aren't going to fit him.

Why would he want to degrade and humiliate a white person?, probably because it is race related.
Not everyone ISN'T a racist.
edit on 9-8-2011 by The X because: to fill in the obvious for the blind.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

>

edit on 9-8-2011 by LLTKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks
[I

Water guns
The British are reaping what they have sowed I am sorry to say. They should have never given up the right to guns. Now the progressive agenda is showing what is is truly about.

But I am sure they will give up even more rights just to stay safe.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

The only people that have handguns now are the bloody criminals, you have no real way of protecting yourself and are fodder for the mob because a few prissy politicians are worried about getting shot by the masses.
Well that could still happen, even though guns have been outlawed.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I wonder why it's not spread to Scotland, Wales or N.I.

Bugger all to steal, perhaps?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Subjective Truth

The only people that have handguns now are the bloody criminals, you have no real way of protecting yourself and are fodder for the mob because a few prissy politicians are worried about getting shot by the masses.
Well that could still happen, even though guns have been outlawed.

It good to see some of you sill have some balls. It seems many of your country men have lost them. You never give up freedoms for security it only leads to one thing.

The government will create a problem ad then step in to save the day. Sound familiar?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Knobby

Hi Knobby, im in Wales at the moment not far from newport, their have been rumours on the grapevine that grangetown in cardiff is fixing up for action tonight, also, we had gunfire during daylight hours yesterday in newport.
The Heddlu (police) are all a bit twitchy at the moment, did you now that Newport in south wales is the only city in england in modern times to have a successful revolt, they have a small special forces contingent here now, ever since that happened. lol.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
indeed even converted starter pistols ect.. it seems to be kicking off again tonight in manchester.

Its starting to come apart! by design??

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Knobby

One arrest in Glasgow, Silly 16 year old tried to incite rioting over facebook. Silly boy

A teenager from Glasgow has been arrested after a message was posted on Facebook allegedly inciting others to commit acts of disorder. The 16-year-old was detained during an operation in the city's south side at 12:40 on Monday.

BBC Scotland

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
www.mirror.co.uk...< br />
Hundreds of youths rampaging in Manchester right now.

and

www.pycsessions.com...
edit on 9-8-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
A man in manchester on bbc news has said that they have free rein of the city centre and the police aren't doing anything. He also said that this is very well organised and there are team leaders for each group shouting orders of where to go next.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join